Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:12:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GTA IV
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GTA IV  (Read 6122 times)
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: January 29, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but here goes...
Remember how Axl was a D.J. named "Tommy Nightmare" in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas?
And how Welcome To the Jungle was in the game as well?

...Well does anyone know if Axl will be back as Tommy Nightmare in GTA IV?Huh

...It would also be pretty cool to have a song like "Better" on one of the radio stations in the game, good promotion too beer
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »

It could happen, but generally there's very few radio personalities that get carried over from each game.  Keep in mind each game takes place in different time periods. 

It would be an awesome platform to profile a new GNR song, considering this will be one of, if not the biggest game of the year.  You're guaranteed 4-5 million people hearing your song.  Seems like video games are a solid choice in promoting a band's music nowadays.  Just look at what the Guitar Hero series has done for many forgotten and unknown bands.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:59:23 PM »

Exactly, Axl would be extremely genius to put a new tune in GTAIV.........last year Video Games outgrossed the film industry by a shitload and it's expected to be the same this year.  GTAIV will be the biggest game of the year no doubt, what a better what to get the new song out there..........have it played in the ads or on the game's menu screen.  That would be brilliant.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 11:04:41 PM »

What about us old folk who still have Comodore 64?   Cry
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 11:05:50 PM »

Exactly, Axl would be extremely genius to put a new tune in GTAIV.......

Hint, hint, Uncle Axl.  Grin
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 11:16:53 PM »

hmmm i'll be damned, i knew Axl played a role in the game but i guess i never relised that he was actually Tommy N Tongue

i think since WTTJ was on a hard rock station they should have maybe something like Ryiahd and the Bedouins ya know something short and heavy and then on a soft rock station like Tommy manned they could have Patients smoking

that'd be cool peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 04:36:18 AM »

"Look shithead I run through Life with a torch in one hand and a sword in the other,
And when I play the music the program director tells me to, I dont care if;
your hair is green,
you love men,
or your missing fingers,

sooner or later its Logger time,
who cares about the listeners anyway,

best quote from axl imo,

btw thats from the gta game..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 05:15:13 AM »

Qute a good idea actually, it would be a good way for the record company to promote CD without having to spend excess money on marketing a single/promotion..............

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
suicide
VIP

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »

GTA IV was scheduled to be released in 2007 but just wasn't ready in time...  rofl
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 02:08:27 PM »

GTA IV was scheduled to be released in 2007 but just wasn't ready in time...  rofl

I heard a rumor that it was done but the developer was holding it up somehow. hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 07:17:01 PM »

"Look shithead I run through Life with a torch in one hand and a sword in the other,
And when I play the music the program director tells me to, I dont care if;
your hair is green,
you love men,
or your missing fingers,

sooner or later its Logger time,
who cares about the listeners anyway,

best quote from axl imo,

btw thats from the gta game..

i LMAO when i first heard that rofl

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
patmac54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »

Somewhere in San Adreas Axl actually says something like, "I've always said, all you need is a little patience"
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »

A new song would be appropriate. The soundtrack for GTA IV is targeted to be fresh music often from unheard indy artists. If Axl's people got in contact with Rockstar, I'm sure they'd be glad to put a song in on one of the stations. It's mutually beneficial. Big video game reinvented for the next generation, GNR is back to rock a new generation just the same.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:39:58 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 05:39:48 PM »

A new song would be appropriate. The soundtrack for GTA IV is targeted to be fresh music often from unheard indy artists. If Axl's people got in contact with Rockstar, I'm sure they'd be glad to put a song in on one of the stations. It's mutually beneficial.

Do you know anything about GTA? The soundtrack is targeted to be part of the era that they are doing Vice City was straight 80's , SA was early 90's type grunge and early gangsta rap.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 05:44:36 PM »

Do you know anything about GTA? The soundtrack is targeted to be part of the era that they are doing Vice City was straight 80's , SA was early 90's type grunge and early gangsta rap.

Yes I do, I've played every game from start to finish. I understand that San Andreas was a WTTJ-era song. Actually it was somewhat inappropriate as the game was set in 1992 and "You Could Be Mine" or "November Rain" would qualify as the main songs at the time. However, Jungle is and was a great and recognizable song so whatever.

The point is GTA IV is set in the present day. That's why the music is geared towards underground artists. There isn't much going on in mainstream music. Sure there is some. Rockstar has always found a great balance in their Soundtracks and encompassing the scope from the whole era, not just synth-pop from the 80's Vice City or the grunge/gangster rap 90's San Andreas.

GTA IV is aimed to be culturally relevant to the times. GNR is still musically relevant. Therefore, a song from 'Chinese Democracy' would be appropriate.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:53:06 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 05:56:18 PM »

Yes I do, I've played every game from start to finish. I understand that San Andreas was a WTTJ-era song. Actually it was somewhat inappropriate as the game was set in 1992 and "You Could Be Mine" or "November Rain" would qualify as the main songs at the time. However, Jungle is and was a great and recognizable song so whatever.

The point is GTA IV is set in the present day. That's why the music is geared towards underground artists. There isn't much going on in mainstream music. Sure there is some. Rockstar has always found a great balance in their Soundtracks and encompassing the scope from the whole era, not just synth-pop from the 80's Vice City or the grunge/gangster rap 90's San Andreas.

GTA IV is aimed to be culturally relevant to the times. GNR is still musically relevant. Therefore, a song from 'Chinese Democracy' would be appropriate.

rofl Sorry but a track from an album that hasn't come out is not going to make it into the track list , Rockstar will ( sadly ) probably get whats going on currently in the rock scene

Fall Out Boy , MCR , Panic , Nickelback , Kid Rock

But I'm sure they'll chalk it full with great classic rock stations , now that I think of it another GN'R song ( on a classic rock station format ) is possible. Eh but doubt they'll use anything from CD.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 08:01:16 PM »

Rockstar doesn't put in what's popular. They have taste. They put in music that is good and fits the mood.

I'd be shocked if they had shit bands like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, or any of the other hipster bullshit.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »

Hey ! Their ain't nothing wrong with MCR.
Guns having  a song in the game would be cool , but also be kinda pointless , unless it were something
no one has heard live or thru leaks.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 06:38:42 PM »

I agree that marketing the new "single" would be smart on this game, seeing as how it will sell like crazy, but like some peolpe have already mentioned each game takes place in a different era.

It wouldn't make sense for a song like "better" to appear in this game if it takes place when that type of music wasn't common place, which is the same argument for why Axl couldn't return as the DJ.

Bottom line, don't expect Axl or a new song from GNR to appear in the game.

Though I do think they will try and find some big name person(or as close to a big name as they can find) to do something on a radio show for the game.

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Mooch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 03:35:50 AM »

this might be a bit off topic, but still relavent IMO.  Has anybody tracked down the audio of Axl DJ'ng in San Andreas?  I loved playing that game and had all of Axls lines memorized.  Does anybody here have the audio of him from the game?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: