Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HMV have been told "no release date for this year"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: HMV have been told "no release date for this year"  (Read 11682 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »

Or it means what it says - Album has no date for this year

Id bet my right nut that its out this year.
i believe... this time i really do.
[/quote]

Bet Axl would stop the album if this bet would be seen through to a conclusion  rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »

^OT, but I just love your computer game quote.  hihi hihi hihi
makane
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 01:48:54 PM »

This suggests to me that we're not gonna be seeing an album, since even if there was no physical CD and was just a download instead, they would still have the album on the HMV download section,

Probably not. If they decide to use the digital solution, they probably will have a private website and bandwidth for it.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »

that's just a standard email that they send out when you have an order with them for a considerable amount of time. I had the same email sent to myself when the cancelled my Dennis Wilson book after 18 months or so of it being on order - I wouldnt read too much into this
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »

I pre-ordered a copy of CD when it was available on HMV's web site a couple of years ago. I just got the following email...

Dear HMV Customer You asked us to send you CHINESE DEMOCRACY by GUNS N' ROSES.  Unfortunately we have been informed by their record company that this title no longer has a scheduled release date for this year. Your order will be kept open for when the album is eventually released. You have not been charged as we only take payment once we send it to you. We really hope you're not too disappointed.  Kind Regards, Jamie HookOnline Buying Teamwww.hmv.com <http://www.hmv.com>

This title never had a scheduled release date for this year to begin with.

Do you think that hopefully the online stores have been told that a compact disc will not be available? it would be awesome if gnr are talking to microsoft at the moment and organising a new format... like mp5? i dont know,  im shit with computers.

online release of CD some new format? download the software with the album?

I hope not. I want to be able to go to the shop and buy this on CD... I have been waiting and looking forward to going to a shop and buying this for a while. There's something so much more nicer about physically buying it, rather than either receiving a CD through the post or worse yet downloading stuff. I only download at the very last minute if I can't find the CD's in the shops (like the Bumblefoot solo stuff and Seb's album as these are never in UK stores).

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2008, 05:56:36 PM »

Dear Jesus/Satan/Emperor Palpatine,

Please let Chinese Democracy be released soon. We all want to hear it really bad.

Signed,

HTGTH Forum

P.S. Our souls are in the mail.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2008, 06:19:41 PM »

I disagree with the poster who said this means a digital download...but I can't base my opinion on anything at all...just wishful thinking.  I really want Chinese Democracy in my hand.  I don't care if it's a record, a cassette tape, a cd, or an 8-Track!  I'm sure digital downloads will work, but don't let that be the only format, please!

Why don't they just make it a ransom?  Once a million folks send in $10 each, everybody who pre-ordered the album gets the album.  It sounds pretty damn easy...but I know it's not.  Sad

Or, release a long list of future dates for live shows and tie the actual cd into the ticket price. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2008, 06:22:07 PM »

IT'S JUST A LEGAL NOTICE.  The "this year" they're referring to is LAST YEAR (2007).  When you order something, the company you order it from is obligated to notify you periodically (like every 3, 6 or 12 months) of the status of your order.

Edited to add:  The reason for the notice is to give the customer the opportunity to cancel the order.  After so much time passes, sometimes people forget they even ordered something, so these notices are sorta a reminder.

That's likely.

I bet HMV doesn't know anything at this point.

There's a sticky topic dedicated to HMV and others like them who keep guessing release dates in order to get pre-orders.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2008, 04:11:40 AM »

fuck hmv, they dont know shit. period.
Megaguns
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 06:51:00 AM »

It will be this year, i still bet my left nut...... my right is larger than my left so i figure, its all good

I WONT LOSE!!!

PREPARE YOURSELFS MOTHERFUCKERS! THE ALBUM IS COMING!!!!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:15:57 AM by DISCOSTU » Logged
MikeFrett
Headliner

Don't damn me

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 02:00:26 PM »

Well I'm not buying it digitally. I want a darn disk.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008, 02:25:39 PM »

HMV may say that there is 'no release date for this year', which could be true. But whoever told them all the different dates they've had on there for hte past year or so was wrong too?

I think it really is coming this year..
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »

Maybe the disc isn't gonna be called Chinese Democracy.  I know this has been discussed before...but if it were renamed, then they would have to say that CD has no release date this year  Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 09:22:19 PM »

Hmv only does this to get hella mass pre-orders going , its all about the bottom line for them .so when they hear news that is not supportive of their bottom line they have to let the fans know ...

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 12:59:35 AM »

HMV sucks...the album is DONE people!  Of course it will be out soon!!??
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 02:29:04 AM »

To be honest I'd be pretty pissed off if CD was released via digital download only.  Yes, I would be glad to hear but /i would really want something tangible that I could hold in my hands and play in a CD player, anything else would just feel like more leaks!

Yes yes yes!!

Digital dowloads are fucking shithouse IMO. Shithouse!

This e-mail means nothing either - they have no release date just like we don't.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 05:07:25 AM »

Well, hasn't HMV always been honest when asked where they get their info? From every "release date" I remember them posting they've always responded to fan e-mail that they got the <insert release date here> from rumors on message boards. Don't know why they'd start lying now.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 10:03:21 AM »

they mean 2006 by 'this year'. obviously the title can't have a scheduled released date for 2006 anymore.

I pre-ordered a copy of CD when it was available on HMV's web site a couple of years ago. I just got the following email...
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 03:28:32 PM »

It's just a standard way of informing you that they are cancelling your preorder.
It's highly unlikely a specifc request came from the record company as early as January that said it won't be out for the entire year.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 08:21:38 AM »

Cmon people.

This is crap. No offense to the poster who posted this, I'm talking about the music stores.

The only real info you'll get on the release will come from the band... Anything else is just a rumour.

and the band is so forthcoming with information Lips Sealed
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: