Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:20:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HMV have been told "no release date for this year"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: HMV have been told "no release date for this year"  (Read 11680 times)
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« on: January 25, 2008, 05:27:44 AM »

I pre-ordered a copy of CD when it was available on HMV's web site a couple of years ago. I just got the following email...

Dear HMV Customer You asked us to send you CHINESE DEMOCRACY by GUNS N' ROSES.  Unfortunately we have been informed by their record company that this title no longer has a scheduled release date for this year. Your order will be kept open for when the album is eventually released. You have not been charged as we only take payment once we send it to you. We really hope you're not too disappointed.  Kind Regards, Jamie HookOnline Buying Teamwww.hmv.com <http://www.hmv.com>

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Megaguns
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 05:38:19 AM »

to me all this says is.... digital download.....

yep... its coming soon.

Why would the label tell hmv to cancel it?
maybe im jumping to conclusions (im on my 9th bourbon btw)
but i honestly believe that the beast will be released sooner than later.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:54:43 AM »

I pre-ordered a copy of CD when it was available on HMV's web site a couple of years ago. I just got the following email...

Dear HMV Customer You asked us to send you CHINESE DEMOCRACY by GUNS N' ROSES.  Unfortunately we have been informed by their record company that this title no longer has a scheduled release date for this year. Your order will be kept open for when the album is eventually released. You have not been charged as we only take payment once we send it to you. We really hope you're not too disappointed.  Kind Regards, Jamie HookOnline Buying Teamwww.hmv.com <http://www.hmv.com>

This title never had a scheduled release date for this year to begin with.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Megaguns
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 06:02:35 AM »

Do you think that hopefully the online stores have been told that a compact disc will not be available? it would be awesome if gnr are talking to microsoft at the moment and organising a new format... like mp5? i dont know,  im shit with computers.

online release of CD some new format? download the software with the album?
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 06:24:11 AM »

Do you think that hopefully the online stores have been told that a compact disc will not be available? it would be awesome if gnr are talking to microsoft at the moment and organising a new format... like mp5? i dont know,  im shit with computers.

online release of CD some new format? download the software with the album?

Or it means what it says - Album has no date for this year
Megaguns
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 06:36:07 AM »

[/quote]

Id bet my right nut that its out this year.

i believe... this time i really do.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 07:51:09 AM »

perhaps now, that hmv has no release date, something might actually be happening..... 

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 08:16:24 AM »

Probably means nothing, strange that you didn't get that e-mail couple of years ago.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 08:26:17 AM »

Same shit, different day.

This means nothing. They never had a date to begin with. They're just taking preorders to make sure they get their money the first day the send the cd, whenever that is...

Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 08:28:46 AM »

I doubt a record company would "inform" HMV like that...

Only GnR knows, and they may not have decided yet as the negotiations are still going on I suppose. Do NOT believe some lame-ass employee at HMV who can't get their facts right!
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 08:32:21 AM »

This suggests to me that we're not gonna be seeing an album, since even if there was no physical CD and was just a download instead, they would still have the album on the HMV download section,

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 08:41:56 AM »

This suggests to me that we're not gonna be seeing an album, since even if there was no physical CD and was just a download instead, they would still have the album on the HMV download section,

so when there`s a release date of september 13th 2007 on hmv, that suggests to you CD is released on that day as well?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 09:04:50 AM »

Cmon people.

This is crap. No offense to the poster who posted this, I'm talking about the music stores.

The only real info you'll get on the release will come from the band... Anything else is just a rumour.

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 09:07:10 AM »

[/quote]

why all the hate for your right nut?

Chinese Democracy!
greendog
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 09:15:35 AM »

why all the hate for your right nut?

he probably betted his left nut last year.  hihi
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:18:37 AM by greendog » Logged
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 09:19:29 AM »

When it comes to release dates you can't trust any record store. My local HMV has had a "coming soon" card in the GNR section for years, but when you ask they don't have a clue. It's a con to make you pre-order it instore.

HMV in particular are useless - when Angel Down was released i asked if they knew when it was coming in stock they- they despite having 2 of his other cd's on the rack - had no record of Sebastian Bach on the computer.  

More importantly it says what it says - There is no release date, until Axl himself says it's coming out (or maybe Jarmo Grin ) then i wont believe anything the media, "management" or even Fortus says.

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 09:20:44 AM »

IT'S JUST A LEGAL NOTICE.  The "this year" they're referring to is LAST YEAR (2007).  When you order something, the company you order it from is obligated to notify you periodically (like every 3, 6 or 12 months) of the status of your order.

Edited to add:  The reason for the notice is to give the customer the opportunity to cancel the order.  After so much time passes, sometimes people forget they even ordered something, so these notices are sorta a reminder.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:27:36 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 09:48:38 AM »

IT'S JUST A LEGAL NOTICE.  The "this year" they're referring to is LAST YEAR (2007).  When you order something, the company you order it from is obligated to notify you periodically (like every 3, 6 or 12 months) of the status of your order.

Edited to add:  The reason for the notice is to give the customer the opportunity to cancel the order.  After so much time passes, sometimes people forget they even ordered something, so these notices are sorta a reminder.

That makes sense. Can we put this to rest now and start speculating on something else...   peace
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »

So...I love how people believe HMV, after not doing so for how long now?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 11:14:45 AM »

To be honest I'd be pretty pissed off if CD was released via digital download only.  Yes, I would be glad to hear but /i would really want something tangible that I could hold in my hands and play in a CD player, anything else would just feel like more leaks!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: