Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:14:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  What the hell?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What the hell?  (Read 57204 times)
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2008, 02:59:10 PM »

Anyway...how does my wig look? Is it on straight?

It looks fabulous . But you do need to pull it to the right just a touch.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2008, 03:04:21 PM »

I just dont understand why the .net link was deleted.  Its just a satirical funny website. Its like GNR fans aren't allowed to have a sense of humor.

What's satirical and funny to you might not be for others.

Personally I couldn't care less about those jokes.

I understand the band members want to do other things and not sit on their asses but when news of a stolen Motorcycle *what? GNR fans are gonna go out as Private Eyes and find who did it?" outnumber GNR stories and the front page is loaded with this and that which is irrelevant to Guns N Roses.

I will explain the concept for you:

GN'R used their Myspace page to help out a person who's part of the crew that makes GN'R's shows possible.

I decided to put the thing up because I figured that if there's any small way I could help out, I'd do it.

I knew I'd be made fun of, it's "normal" and I expect it from certain people. I don't give a fuck since I'm not doing anything for them.

Its not a big deal, its not like I walk around all day mad over it, its just the internet but the deleting of this and that gets a little old after a while.

Maybe it's because you're involved in that site?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2008, 03:25:22 PM »

I can 100 percent swear and guarantee that I am in no way affilliated with that site.  I just dig some of the humor on it.

That site is bad ass though and everyone should check it out for a laugh.

what really attracts me to that site is the fact that GnRevolution Dot Net uses the RockinChrome theme designed by Cory Miller

Fuckin Cory Miller!!!!!!!!!!!, if that doesnt make that website a winner, I dont know what does. hihi
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 03:57:25 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2008, 07:11:09 PM »

Gypsy:

Im not gonna rip u or Adz but If u check the statistics, I have started more threads in the GNR section then both of u combined.  I post all over the place, certainly not just the wrestling thread.
My point being ... that with the hundreds and hundreds of NON-GNR related topics we ALL do discuss on HTGTH, for you (or any of us) to talk shit about how "THIS SITE" is  run is really fucked up!!!

Also, Taints,Myself,Timothy,Fuckin Crazy,Kujo,Blue Cut and others Im not gonna list a huge list of names but we bring some lightheartedness and humor to this forum which I think, correct me if Im wrong, adds something a little special to the place.
HTGTH has been thriving for over 11 years.  Thousands of "special" members have come and gone.  Some members' leaving made this place even better IMO.  I'm sure this site and forum will survive after youze are long gone too.

Now, even without slcpunk's blessing, I'm going to post my Happy Birthday wishes to those celebrating. birthday

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2008, 09:10:40 PM »

Thousands? Are u serious?

hell there aren't a thousand who post regularly now.

I do not kiss people's ass on here, never have, never will.

A lot of people do that hoping Jarmo will hook them up with backstage access whenever GNR come to their city.  I don't care to be critical when I feel its necessary.  I hope Jarmo and whoever still like me regardless of times when I am critical.

Its not like I am always an asshole or always critical or always putting something down.  But when things get deleted, censored etc, I feel a need to speak up and have done so consistently.

It did kind of tick me off when VR news stopped being posted on the main page, when VR section got dwindled down to a subforum.
As I said in another thread. GNR is what I thought this website was dedicated to. 

Then u see the frontpage filled with side projects that have nothing to do with what we ultimately want.

Id rather see no news unless it has something to do with the band Guns N Roses. thats just my opinion on the subject.

Gypsy, I think this forum would very very much miss the 15-20 truly core members that have been around posting and doing things for years if something happened.

I belong to a sports forum and every great poster left and now that place is unreadable and really shitty.  posters make a forum great.  We all collectively make this forum great and that should be remembered.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2008, 09:57:23 PM »

The whole concept of censorship is somewhat misleading.

Is your local newspaper censored? They don't post every possible news item do they?

Same thing with the news on TV. They have maybe 1-30 minutes to run through their material.

We chose to not post certain things just like the above examples.

It's not about quantity, it's about quality.  Wink

It all comes down to the fact that others have a totally different opinion on what it means to be a fan who supports their favorite band.

Some have the idea that it means they have the right to attack the band day after day based on bullshit facts or wrong assumptions.

I'm not interested in allowing these people to come here and use this site as a platform to spread their "truths".

It's like having somebody come over to your house every morning and telling you how much you suck. You eventually get to a point and say "enough, I know what you think, move on!".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »

I absolutely agree about people who attack the band day in and day out.

I also think you don't have to agree with and love every single thing a band does to be considered a fan.  If I disagree with something, I will say so and it doesn't make me any less of a fan than u or anyone else.  I hate when people constantly bitch about this or that but I definitely don't do that at all.

I don't agree with deleting a link to a harmless website that no one in their right mind would take serious.

Gypsy:

Im here for Guns N Roses.  the Jungle,Fun And Games etc are awesome sections but I'd much rather be posting in the GNR section about GNR stuff.

Thing is, after 5 years, Every GNR thread has pretty much been done 10 times and I don't feel like giving the same opinion for the 50th time so I don't post much in that section for now.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2008, 11:06:37 PM »

I don't agree with deleting a link to a harmless website that no one in their right mind would take serious.

So D, in your opinion it's NOT OKAY for people to post shit about GNR on HTGTH day after day but it IS OKAY for them to post shit about HTGTH day after day??

Nobody takes the shit attacks against GNR seriously either but that doesn't make them okay.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2008, 11:17:02 PM »

So D, in your opinion it's NOT OKAY for people to post shit about GNR on HTGTH day after day but it IS OKAY for them to post shit about HTGTH day after day??

Nobody takes the shit attacks against GNR seriously either but that doesn't make them okay.

Your post is starting to make me question whether or not English is my first language...........................

Who posts shit about HTGTH everyday?

I think I've complained about this site twice in 5 years.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2008, 11:31:23 PM »

Your post is starting to make me question whether or not English is my first language...........................

Who posts shit about HTGTH everyday?

I think I've complained about this site twice in 5 years.
Sorry.  A lot of people say they can't understand my accent.

I was NOT referring to YOU as the ones always talking shit about this site.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2008, 11:33:38 PM »

It did kind of tick me off when VR news stopped being posted on the main page, when VR section got dwindled down to a subforum.
As I said in another thread. GNR is what I thought this website was dedicated to. 

wait a minute...   so you are saying that you don't like the news thats being posted even tho its relevant to the band and people who are in the band, but you wish jarmo would post news about a band that isn't GnR?     make up your mind!   GnR IS what this website is dedicated to..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2008, 12:14:15 AM »

wait a minute...   so you are saying that you don't like the news thats being posted even tho its relevant to the band and people who are in the band, but you wish jarmo would post news about a band that isn't GnR?     make up your mind!   GnR IS what this website is dedicated to..

Translation for JimBob

When the VR section was done away with it was because this is a "GNR BOARD"

well, we are getting news about everything BUT GNR is my point.

Its a shame when other news stories on this site outnumber the band the site is intended for 20-1.

is this a GNR site or a Pisser site

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2008, 12:35:53 AM »

Is Frank in GN'R? Yes
Is posting news about a GN'R member GN'R related? Yes
Do you sound like a bitter VR fan? Yes

/jarmo

SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2008, 12:44:12 AM »

but it IS OKAY for them to post shit about HTGTH day after day??

Who here in this thread does that? Anybody?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2008, 01:12:38 AM »

Is Frank in GN'R? Yes

/jarmo

So we get a shitload of news about the 2nd drummer in GNR? I thought Brain was still in the band?

Im not bitter, Just when a replacement,replacement,replacement,replacmement drummer gets more news coverage than legendary former members, I sometimes can't quite understand that.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2008, 08:12:38 AM »

Anybody here ever see the movie Groundhog Day?

This thread just made me think of it for some reason.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »

Id rather see no news unless it has something to do with the band Guns N Roses. thats just my opinion on the subject.
I disagree, I and many others like to read about Buckethead here but it's rarely posted. That you speak up is a good thing tho peace
Gypsy, I think this forum would very very much miss the 15-20 truly core members that have been around posting and doing things for years if something happened.
Oh no, they will never get out of here. Not alive.
I don't agree with it either, how silly was that? Tongue
But shouldn't sites be free to express their opinion freely? To be selective of what content they wan't? It's their house, their guests.

I couldn't care less whatever conflict Adz and Jarmo has with other sites/siteowners,
This place is a very good source for news, it has a  great comunity and it's moderated very well. Enough for me peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2008, 11:07:09 AM »

So we get a shitload of news about the 2nd drummer in GNR? I thought Brain was still in the band?

To quote someone else:

Quote from: Tommy Stinson

...either get on board or fuck off.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »

Is Frank in GN'R? Yes

/jarmo

Im not bitter, Just when a replacement,replacement,replacement,replacmement drummer gets more news coverage than legendary former members, I sometimes can't quite understand that.

I understand the frustration, but the key word in what you wrote, I think, is *former.*  No matter how many replacement drummers the band may or may not have at any given time, they are *current* drummers.    The focus of the main boards here will always on the GnR of here and now, yes?
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2008, 02:19:18 PM »

but it IS OKAY for them to post shit about HTGTH day after day??

Who here in this thread does that? Anybody?
I have never spoke badly of this site, I have not been wished a Happy Birthday but I have attemted to apply humor in whatever message I'm in "Usually."  I believe I've followed the advice of Skeba who likes the comedic banter I may be mistaken only he would remember.  Yes I'll admit I will not be performing anywhere soon.  Maybe we should have a happy place with a moderator who judges the content of the humor posts?

Yes again that was an attempt to be humorous.  Sound the car crash.  Lighten up people.  Taint your hair looks perfect like you were going to trader vicks.  Oh the hell with it I'm going outside, not virtually but out outside.  Really I am and no lap top!  I'll put my mouse in my pocket though, just in case I get scared.
                                                                                                                           drool
This thread is all over the place, give it some riddlin.  Have a nice day everyone.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: