Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:38:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  What the hell?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What the hell?  (Read 57100 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2008, 05:21:53 PM »

I honestly believe and it truly fuckin baffles me, that u guys sometimes have lost sight of just how fucking legendary and huge Guns N Roses once were.

To put the Replacements in the same sentence as Guns N Roses? Are u kidding me?

Oh my fucking God....

You're obviously too focused on the Bon Jovi way of measuring success.

You can influence a whole generation of musicians WITHOUT having top #1 singles.

/jarmo

So u would put The Replacements in the same sentence as GNR?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2008, 05:23:07 PM »

Dont blame me Jarmo

it was your SuperHero mod Adz who used the quote the wrong way, I took what he said and ran with it.

Of course I blame you. You're the one who took the quote and twisted it around to fit your agenda.

Should I blame the songwriter for writing a song that people interpret the wrong way?

/jarmo

Did those people get to hear the whole song first? Or did they just get to hear a little piece of it?

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2008, 05:23:16 PM »

U are replacing legends

U have to prove that u can do more than play the old songs everynight.

U have to show that u belong in GNR and that u are capable of living up to the legacy.

Until CD comes out, they have no right to say anything to on the fence fans who have a right to be skeptical cause these guys haven't proven themselves yet.  U have to show that u are capable of keeping the GNR name alive and are worthy of being in GNR

How about those statements. You didnt acknowledge that he has a past at all. Those statements add up to, Tommy, or anyone else not named Axl or Dizzy, have no right to express themselves because they havent contributed to GnR.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2008, 05:30:28 PM »

I said Axl is the only one who has the right to say anything to the fans such as Get on board or fuck off.

The rest of the guys have no right to say that since they arent the reason most of the fans are fans of the band.

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2008, 05:31:06 PM »

So u would put The Replacements in the same sentence as GNR?

I already have.

Not to make this a personal attack, but how familiar are you with The Replacements catalog?

I remember up until about 2-3 years ago you wanted nothing to do with NIN and would react the same way as this when someone would bring them up. Then once you listened to them you were tripping all over yourself letting everyone know how great they were.

So if you have heard The Replacements and just don't like them, then thats cool I can appreciate that. If you haven't hears them and are just talking out your ass again, maybe you should go download "Dont You KNow Who I Thought I Was" and listen to how many bands that are popular from the 90's to present day patterned their sound directly from The Replacements.

Right off the top of my head I'll list The Goo Goo Dolls, Wilco, Son Volt

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2008, 05:33:15 PM »

I said Axl is the only one who has the right to say anything to the fans such as Get on board or fuck off.

The rest of the guys have no right to say that since they arent the reason most of the fans are fans of the band.

He's in the fucking band and if somebody throws shit at the band at a show or talks shit about the band, he has the right to express his opinion on the matter.

This isn't fucking Bon Jovi where the bass player is a mute.  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »

Greenday Wink
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2008, 05:34:28 PM »

So you are speaking for the masses now?

There is a medium ground between us "hardcore" fans and those people who couldnt fucking care less what is happening with GnR. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are aware of whats happening, this internet thing has become quite popular you know, it just isnt the most important thing in their lives.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »

Greenday Wink

Yep, good call.

Soul Asylum as well.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2008, 05:36:20 PM »

The.. people in the band aren't the reason people are fan of the band?

..Right.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2008, 05:36:27 PM »

You can't be serious, no theres no way you are being serious. The guy has been in the fucking band for like 10 years, he can say whatever the fuck he wants to. He has earned that right by helping build the band back up along side Axl. Whether you agree with what he says or not, you absolutely HAVE to respect him because of that.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2008, 05:43:54 PM »

The.. people in the band aren't the reason people are fan of the band?

..Right.

Yeah with a vast amount of people still thinking that some other guys are still in the band.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2008, 06:39:37 PM »

call me crazy but i think that to most "casual fans" it doesn't matter who's playing the music or who wrote it.. they wanna hear the music, if they don't see duff playing the basslines they don't care, they don't know who duff is (sadly) some probably see them so that they can say "I've seen GNR" when they say that some people will say "that's not GNR" but it is, the ticket says Guns N' Roses doesn't it?

no fan has the right to say that axl can't call his band GNR when they are GNR, it's not the fans band

if a "casual fan" go to a show and like it they'll wanna hear CD and the old ones too.. when they realize that it's not the same members anymore they won't care, the band they saw put on the best show they've been to all their lives

Buckcherry is one of my favourite bands but i don't know a whole lot about their history, i know that they broke up and i know the lead guitarist and singers name and that they "tried out" for VR, tbh i'm not exactly sure of who are still in the band from the old days, it doesn't matter really the band out there today writes great music and play great shows.. I don't disrespect the former members by thinking that way, they wrote kick ass music

the kind of casual fans who says "it's not the same without slash" or "GNR aint GNR without Slash" and other stuff like that don't even know who wrote their favourite songs.. it could have been izzy who wrote the song but all those guys are saying "this isn't gnr, where's slash?" they just think slash looks cool with the tophat and curly hair, and because of his image they think that he the best guitarist ever.. he's a great live performer and guitarist but where's all that legendary stuff he has put out since he left GNR, oh right he haven't wrote anything of that caliber, when i went to a VR show the songs that got the most cheers were it's so easy and mr brownstone (i'm not really sure why I told that anecdote  hihi)

The Replacements are a great band, I checked them out because of tommy and haven't looked back since.. Tommy has "earned" my respect by writing music with that band (replacements) and staying/writing and playing with axl for 10-11 years. I don't understand why he can't defend GNR from cockheads (AKA "fans") thinking they know shit and spreadin' lies

with the philosophy that people must earn respect you must have a pretty negative sight on life don't you.. why not meet and greet everyone with a smile instead of a judging eye?.. I hope some people get the point with this story, there are 2 kinds of teachers in the world.. the ones that tells the new class at the begining of each semester that they have an A and it's up to themselves to keep those A's, and there's the ones that tell their pupils that they all have F's and will have to work hard to get anywhere.. I'm sure most people liked the positive ones best, but maybe some on this board liked starting school and everything else in life in an "upslope" so to speak?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 07:05:54 PM by CheapJules » Logged
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »

My problem with that whole comment is, They have no right to challenge anybody that way.

U are replacing legends

U have to prove that u can do more than play the old songs everynight.

U have to show that u belong in GNR and that u are capable of living up to the legacy.

Until CD comes out, they have no right to say anything to on the fence fans who have a right to be skeptical cause these guys haven't proven themselves yet.  U have to show that u are capable of keeping the GNR name alive and are worthy of being in GNR

Until CD comes out, the jury is out and they need to realize and accept that.

u want to shut people up?

U want to get people on board?

The album HAS to come out first.

So what your saying is for everyone in the band wait until CD is released and then say

Get On Board Or Fuck Off

.... ? Makes no sense to me.

the kind of casual fans who says "it's not the same without slash" or "GNR aint GNR without Slash" and other stuff like that don't even know who wrote their favourite songs.. it could have been izzy who wrote the song but all those guys are saying "this isn't gnr, where's slash?" they just think slash looks cool with the tophat and curly hair, and because of his image they think that he the best guitarist ever.. he's a great live performer and guitarist but where's all that legendary stuff he has put out since he left GNR, oh right he haven't wrote anything of that caliber, when i went to a VR show the songs that got the most cheers were it's so easy and mr brownstone (i'm not really sure why I told that anecdote  hihi)

Maybe they enjoy the song for the Guitar parts?

Where's all the legendary stuff Axl has put out since THEY left GNR?

Opinions are a 2 way street , If anyone ( aka Tommy ) wants to say that , then deal with the fact that some fans have a voice to say stuff too.

Basically Tommy has the right to say whatever the hell he pleases as he worked in the band for the amount of time he has , but fans are going to say stuff too.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:01:31 PM by Feel_The_Burn » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2008, 08:41:51 PM »

That depends on what they represent, but I guess the name of the band gives the musicians those shoes to fill. Tongue
There's just on member that stood out on his own (imo) which I gotten into regardles if he plays with Axl or not and that is Buckethead

What has Chris to prove now, or is it just a baseplayer thing? hihi
the kind of casual fans who says "it's not the same without slash" ..
Of course it's not the same, sometimes it seems it's like "he don't have curly long hair!!! " type of discussions here Tongue

Edit:
I think we need to open our own little HTGTH-asylum soon hihi
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 09:18:58 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2008, 10:19:14 PM »

Been in a band 10 years and has done what exactly?

Sure Kujo I use to rip NIN and even though Im a fan now, They are nowhere near GNR's class. Never will be.

How many people became fans of this band because of the new members?  If u took a poll of GNR fans, Im sure most became fans during the Appetite or Illusion eras Or became fans once they heard Live Era for the younger generation or even Greatest Hits.

I bet a tiny percentage can honestly and I stress the word HONESTLY say that they became a fan due to any of the new members. Cause I guarantee most of us already were long before. 

U guys irritate me.  Everyone said B uckethead was the greatest fuckin thing to ever pick up a guitar till he was no longer in GNR and now another guy joins and all of a sudden he is the greatest whatever.

Im sorry I have high standards, but for me, u have to do more than play other guys material to impress me and earn my respect.

Once CD comes out, Im sure they will, but until then, I don't just bestow greatness on them for something they did decades ago or based on how they play old songs.

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2008, 10:22:02 PM »

Been in a band 10 years and has done what exactly?

Sure Kujo I use to rip NIN and even though Im a fan now, They are nowhere near GNR's class. Never will be.

How many people became fans of this band because of the new members?  If u took a poll of GNR fans, Im sure most became fans during the Appetite or Illusion eras Or became fans once they heard Live Era for the younger generation or even Greatest Hits.

I bet a tiny percentage can honestly and I stress the word HONESTLY say that they became a fan due to any of the new members. Cause I guarantee most of us already were long before. 

U guys irritate me.  Everyone said B uckethead was the greatest fuckin thing to ever pick up a guitar till he was no longer in GNR and now another guy joins and all of a sudden he is the greatest whatever.

Im sorry I have high standards, but for me, u have to do more than play other guys material to impress me and earn my respect.

Once CD comes out, Im sure they will, but until then, I don't just bestow greatness on them for something they did decades ago or based on how they play old songs.

Helped re build it? Look man I honestly prefer AFD line up to this one 10x over but get over it. The guys in this band have worked their asses off to get classic songs down , and their own to them , make new material and be in GUNS N FUCKING ROSES. Why are you on this board if you basically hate the new band?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2008, 10:29:20 PM »

I don't hate the new band.

I am one of the biggest Axl Rose  fans on the planet.

HOWEVER:

I don't just accept stuff because I am told or suppose to feel a certain way. I am a huge GNR fan regardless of what anyone thinks.  It is just that I want someone to earn my respect and I don't just give someone my respect cause they are in a band with  my hero.

Once CD comes out and they show what they are capable of coming up with, I will then make judgements and give them all the credit in the world if they deserve it.  What next? Bumble quits and everyone on here starts shitting on him and Axl gets some other guy and all of u automatically make him out like he is Jesus before u ever hear an original note?

Playing Cover songs dont impress me. Hell I've heard tribute bands play the old material better.  Its what u contribute to GNR's legacy and until u contribute to that legacy, Im not gonna automatically grant u legendary status simply cause u are in a band with a legend.  That has to be earned and Tommy may have earned status with "The Replacements" But the other guys havent. So they have to prove it to me with original stuff on a released album.

What have the other guys done to deserve such accolades?

Richard Session musician for N'Sync
Robin Touring guitarist for NIN *Still kind of a cover cause he is playing parts someone else wrote
Pittman *no idea what he does, I know he is responsible for the video game sounding fart noises that hurt Better
Whoever the drummer is: Dont have a clue. wouldn't know him if he walked in my house with a name tag on.
Bumblefoot "I wish the guy was the sole lead guitar player as he really stays true to the material and I actually think he has potential to be great in this band. Still haven't heard anything original but he is one member I like just from his attitude and the way he plays.

Till CD Comes out, I refuse to bow down and act like they are the greatest people to ever pick up an instrument.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:34:19 PM by D » Logged

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2008, 10:54:04 PM »

Im sorry I have high standards

Says the Bon Jovi fan.

Dude, you haven't even seen the new band.

I don't hate the new band.

Richard Session musician for N'Sync
Robin Touring guitarist for NIN *Still kind of a cover cause he is playing parts someone else wrote
Pittman *no idea what he does, I know he is responsible for the video game sounding fart noises that hurt Better
Whoever the drummer is: Dont have a clue. wouldn't know him if he walked in my house with a name tag on.

Yeah, you like the new band a lot.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »

Ive seen them on YouTube but thats not the point. I dont want to see a concert of old GNR songs played by new guys. Once CD comes out, Ill be the first one to buy a ticket.

Says the Bon Jovi fan?

How bout u check the numbers dude.  Every seat, every show sold out on the Lost Highway tour.  Jon doesn't have to prove anything to anybody. They definitely have high standards which is why they are still amazing and doing great 23 years later. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: