Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:20:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  What the hell?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What the hell?  (Read 57128 times)
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2008, 02:33:38 PM »

Is Frank in GN'R? Yes
Is posting news about a GN'R member GN'R related? Yes
Do you sound like a bitter VR fan? Yes

/jarmo

is brain still in gnr?

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2008, 03:05:40 PM »

Is Frank in GN'R? Yes
Is posting news about a GN'R member GN'R related? Yes
Do you sound like a bitter VR fan? Yes

/jarmo

is brain still in gnr?

LOL, now it's really all over the map.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2008, 03:48:47 PM »

Speaking of maps, I just bought this huge wall map of the earth. I'm going to put pins in all the locations I've ever gone to. First I need to visit the places in the upper two corners so that the map will stay on the wall.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »

I dont know which phrase is gayer and more retarded

The "Bon Jovi can Suck My Dick"

or "Get on Board or Fuck Off"

I mean seriously,who the fuck does this guy think he is to say some shit like that to fans.

Axl can do shit like that cause he has this persona and charisma and mystique about him and it works.

When other people try to get hard on the fans, they come off lookin ridiculous and just stupid.

I am an Axl Rose fan

U could put a bunch of Gregorian Monks in GNR and Id still be a GNR fan

Tommy needs to realize how replaceable he is and stop tryin to alienate fans with that kind of bullshit.

If Slash,Duff,Steven,Matt,Izzy,Buckethead,Brain can be replaced, I think that makes pretty much everyone in GNR besides Axl disposable.  he should be more gracious to the fans and not say shit like that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2008, 03:58:11 PM »

I think if you read between the lines, especially the comment Axl made the first night at the Hammerstein, Tommy has alot to do with how far this band goes. He isnt flashy or vocal in public, but there is no doubt in my mind, that he has held this band together all this time. 

After Westerberg, Axl is a walk in the park hihi

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »

I mean seriously,who the fuck does this guy think he is to say some shit like that to fans.

He's Tommy fucking Stinson.

You obviously have no respect for the people in the band after your attacks on Frank and now Tommy.

How lame.

I believe his quote was aimed at anyone who thinks they know what's going on but really have no fucking idea.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »

My problem with that whole comment is, They have no right to challenge anybody that way.

U are replacing legends

U have to prove that u can do more than play the old songs everynight.

U have to show that u belong in GNR and that u are capable of living up to the legacy.

Until CD comes out, they have no right to say anything to on the fence fans who have a right to be skeptical cause these guys haven't proven themselves yet.  U have to show that u are capable of keeping the GNR name alive and are worthy of being in GNR

Until CD comes out, the jury is out and they need to realize and accept that.

u want to shut people up?

U want to get people on board?

The album HAS to come out first.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »

He's Tommy fucking Stinson.

You obviously have no respect for the people in the band after your attacks on Frank and now Tommy.

How lame.

I believe his quote was aimed at anyone who thinks they know what's going on but really have no fucking idea.....

/jarmo

I guess thats what makes me different than some people on here.

U have to earn my respect.

I don't bow down and think u are the greatest thing in music history just because u are in a band with Axl Rose.

Just my opinion but for me, u have to contribute to a bands success to be considered a member.  I am maybe wrong on that, but to me right now, Frank is a touring drummer considering Brain was recognized as the official drummer. So is Frank even on Chinese Democracy?

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2008, 04:13:13 PM »

Tommy was kicking ass in The Replacements before anyone even thought up the name Guns N Roses.  You dont have to like him, but to claim he has done nothing is absolutely ridiculous.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2008, 04:15:39 PM »

Tommy was kicking ass in The Replacements before anyone even thought up the name Guns N Roses.  You dont have to like him, but to claim he has done nothing is absolutely ridiculous.

I bet he'd have no trouble holding the corners of a world map up, that's for damn sure.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »

Just my opinion but for me, u have to contribute to a bands success to be considered a member.  I am maybe wrong on that, but to me right now, Frank is a touring drummer considering Brain was recognized as the official drummer. So is Frank even on Chinese Democracy?

Aren't you in a band?

I have no respect for you since your band has no success and you haven't released anything.

ok  Roll Eyes

The stupidity is astounding.

The track "Motivation" alone should make you kiss his feet.  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2008, 04:39:18 PM »

U are replacing legends

In the right circles, Tommy Stinson is considered far more of a 'legend' than Duff McKagan.

Not that I don't think Duff's bass playing is great, too.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2008, 04:57:59 PM »

/jarmo

Motivation- Live on Craig Kilborne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Gui_ZHNkQ

Since we are sharing our opinions, the first two nights on the floor at the Hammerstein I spent more time going "Wow, thats Tommy Fucking Stinson" than I did going "Wow, theres Axl"

D, you want us to respect what Bon Jovi has accomplished in his career, wheteher we like him or not, yet you totally dismiss the 17 years that Tommy spent making music as if they didnt exisit. Sorry my friend but that is hypocrisy.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »

U are replacing legends

In the right circles, Tommy Stinson is considered far more of a 'legend' than Duff McKagan.

Not that I don't think Duff's bass playing is great, too.

yeah, and in some right circle , The new kids on the block are more legendary then the Beatles.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2008, 05:12:37 PM »

I'm talking about success in Guns N Roses.

Sure he had great success in another band but the band as a whole have to prove they can live up to the GNR legacy and I don't think fans on the fence are asking too much.

Did I say Tommy wasn't accomplished? I dont remember ever saying that.

But the fact they can't understand why some GNR fans are skeptical or on the fence to me is ludicrous. they surely are aware of the shoes they are filling.

U can't really compare Tommy To Duff because aren't they two very different bands?

Duff has came up with some pretty damn memorable bass lines and songs if Im not mistaken and I said it once before. Duff isn't playing Tommy's bass lines right?  I think it is Tommy who is playing Duff's bass lines.

I just don't like that statement. I think it is dumb to tell fans to fuck off if they don't bow down and kiss the ass of the new members who have yet to prove what they can do in this band.

A few leaks and playing the old songs doesn't do it for me. I want to hear an album of what they can do.

Now, in my mind, I believe they will shut everyone up once the album comes out but the album still has to come out before u can make those kind of statements cause he, to me, has no right to make that statement.

Axl can say that because he is Guns N Roses and a major reason for the popularity and success of GNR

Tommy to the casual fan is pretty much unknown and people have no clue he is in GNR.

I asked my boss at work who his alltime fav band was, he said "The Replacements"

I said really? their bass player is now in GNR

He had no idea

See my point?

Not everyone knows this band and the new members are not famous for being in GNR and they aren't the reason most of us are GNR fans so they should be more respectful to the GNR fan who are giving them a chance.

If they feel the fans have no right to be a little upset and skeptical after what all has happened the last 10 years,t hey are living in a fantasy world.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »

I just don't like that statement. I think it is dumb to tell fans to fuck off if they don't bow down and kiss the ass of the new members who have yet to prove what they can do in this band.

Nothing like using a quote to fit your agenda against a band member.

"As a matter of fact, Eagles of Death Metal were a suggestion of mine a while ago. Turns out they were the wrong band for our crowd. They were booed and did not play for as long as they were scheduled to.

As for all of the inaccuracies that have been said since, I would like to say that's all they are - inaccuracies. In the past I have thrown my bass. I have never thrown it at Axl or anyone else in the band nor has anyone thrown my bass back at me? yet. Axl has been a dear friend to me for nine years. We have no problem communicating and wish that people would stay the fuck out of shit they don't know anything about. There was no GN'R mutiny or any such thing after the Cleveland gig and as far as I'm concerned this tour has been the most fun yet. The band is playing great and getting along better than we ever have. With that said, either get on board or fuck off."

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »

/jarmo

Motivation- Live on Craig Kilborne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Gui_ZHNkQ

Since we are sharing our opinions, the first two nights on the floor at the Hammerstein I spent more time going "Wow, thats Tommy Fucking Stinson" than I did going "Wow, theres Axl"

D, you want us to respect what Bon Jovi has accomplished in his career, wheteher we like him or not, yet you totally dismiss the 17 years that Tommy spent making music as if they didnt exisit. Sorry my friend but that is hypocrisy.

Guarantee u are in the very very very minor category with that.

That is a really horrible Bon Jovi analogy as last I checked Jon is in the same band,

Now if Jon ever left Bon Jovi and joined Queen, or The Doors, or reformed Led Zeppelin with Jimmy Page Then yes, his accomplishments in Bon Jovi would not matter one fucking bit as he would have to prove he could fill the shoes of legends in those mentioned above bands.

I honestly believe and it truly fuckin baffles me, that u guys sometimes have lost sight of just how fucking legendary and huge Guns N Roses once were.

To put the Replacements in the same sentence as Guns N Roses? Are u kidding me?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »

Dont blame me Jarmo

it was your SuperHero mod Adz who used the quote the wrong way, I took what he said and ran with it.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2008, 05:20:04 PM »

I honestly believe and it truly fuckin baffles me, that u guys sometimes have lost sight of just how fucking legendary and huge Guns N Roses once were.

To put the Replacements in the same sentence as Guns N Roses? Are u kidding me?

Oh my fucking God....

You're obviously too focused on the Bon Jovi way of measuring success.

You can influence a whole generation of musicians WITHOUT having top #1 singles.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2008, 05:21:39 PM »

Dont blame me Jarmo

it was your SuperHero mod Adz who used the quote the wrong way, I took what he said and ran with it.

Of course I blame you. You're the one who took the quote and twisted it around to fit your agenda.

Should I blame the songwriter for writing a song that people interpret the wrong way?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: