Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:01:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Language Of Fear REPRINTED by March 2008!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Language Of Fear REPRINTED by March 2008!!!  (Read 33390 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 11:20:25 AM »

When is the original copyright? like 93'?

1995 I think.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 12:48:55 PM »

Where did you find this information at?

where did you hear about this and where will it be available?

A few years ago I was trying to get a permission to translate it to Greek for my site but I was told that Del would reprint it in 2 years or something. I believe his previous contract (or book deal) expired or something so now he could reprint it.

Then someone told me about this reprint thing about a month ago.

Apparently it would be available online by January but I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

But it will be available in book stores by March 2008 (ofcourse if all goes well, reckless road got delayed cause shit happens in life).

Hes making a reprint on something that happened with the old band,

and hes axls friend?

Wouldnt Axl want to try and just focus on the new band, etc,
as he is Dels friend, he must of had some say in this...
after all Del is working for axl

In Del's words:

"Maybe I can't always share or convey my feelings like other people but under the guise of a fictional story, I can vent or express myself or at least try. Thats what happened in 1986 with a short story called "Without You." Along with a pack of wonderful alcoholic degenerates, I was living in a place off Santa Monica Blvd known as "Hell House." I was 22 and bullet proof. During this time I witnessed something that inspired me to write a story about a musician who writes a love song only to be haunted be his own fame. His success becomes a curse that drives him toward suicide. I nervously gave this story to Axl hoping he'd get the message, the warning. He did and since he ever so kindly acknowledged me at the end of the "November Rain" video, that's essentially how I landed my book deal for The Language Of Fear."

So, the story was written about Axl and his troubled past. Not about GN'R. Then it inspired the November Rain video, which was "guess who's" idea...

I'll give you a hint, he wasn't playing lead or rythm guitar, bass guitar or drums at the time in GN'R... And no, it wasn't Teddy Zig Zag Andreadis or Dizzy Reed...  Grin

And as leatherebel has already said, Del is finishing up his first novel A Celebration Of Pain.

thanks for sharing. mostly new to me.
I only knew the video connection but I didn't know the story was basically written for axl.

so do you get the permission after all?

novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 01:52:30 PM »

I don't know why this hasn't been posted yet, but here is the story of the november rain connections straight from the horses mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMhvptPQgqw
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 03:42:32 PM »

so do you get the permission after all?

Well, at the time I made the request through a 3rd person and I don't have any idea if it ever reached Del.

Even though I had a chance to ask Del himself, I never tried again...

It's a story I love but given the fact that it's someone's hard work (and Del is a person I respect very much) and it will be on sale again very soon, I wouldn't want to give it to people for free.

The only reason I wanted to do it, was cause the book had sold out a long time ago and GN'R fans should get a chance to read this story...

Now they can!!!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:20:34 PM by Christos AG » Logged

willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 04:45:08 PM »

Yep thats the cover I saw. I have two copies already. One is even autographed. but I may have to get the cover too.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 08:58:32 AM »

I look forward to finally being able to get a copy of this and having a good read!  beer
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 09:06:18 AM »

I?d like to have a copy too. I really doubt it is going to be printed in Spanish so I?ll have to buy it in English on line.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 09:35:45 AM »

Well, at the time I made the request through a 3rd person and I don't have any idea if it ever reached Del.

Even though I had a chance to ask Del himself, I never tried again...

It's a story I love but given the fact that it's someone's hard work (and Del is a person I respect very much) and it will be on sale again very soon, I wouldn't want to give it to people for free.

The only reason I wanted to do it, was cause the book had sold out a long time ago and GN'R fans should get a chance to read this story...

I see.

I just thought it would be nice if an elabolate translation is available for the fans who don't speak english.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »

I bought it in 95 or 96 on paperback, I think-it was good-there is an introduction in the book, kind of long, by Axl, which was neat

libertad
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »

For anyone that is doubting this, I coincidently asked Del about this over the weekend (before this thread was started) and he told me had been hoping for a Christmas release, but that obviously hadn't happened. Hopefully by the end of January it will be available to order online for somewhere in the ten dollar range, and it will be in bookstores by late March. Contrary to what I had heard, he implied that he is still putting the finishing touches on Celebration of Pain (a novel, not a collection of short stories).

In any event, I'm looking forward to it, as I simply couldn't afford the 100-150 on Amazon.

Cheers  peace
Megaguns
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 05:26:48 AM »

Del has been riding the tidal wave of GnR since the beginning. I dislike the guy, If id met him maybe i would like him but from what im aware he has been an ass licker for years. I couldnt give a shit about the guys book. Thats just my opinion, flame on.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2008, 09:46:20 AM »

Del has been riding the tidal wave of GnR since the beginning. I dislike the guy, If id met him maybe i would like him but from what im aware he has been an ass licker for years. I couldnt give a shit about the guys book. Thats just my opinion, flame on.

Honestly, what the fuck was the point of this post?

I mean, since you don't give a fuck, why did you read this thread or bothered to post in it?

I'm sorry but I have one word for your kind. LOSER.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2008, 09:53:06 AM »

For those of you who don't have this book yet, The Language Of Fear by Del James will be reprinted by March 2008.

For those of you who have no idea about this book, it includes the story that inspired the #1 hit video November Rain by Guns N' Roses!!!  ok

I'm in no way challenging what you say...this is good news all around.  Still, I find it odd that Amazon.com has no reference to the book being available in just two months.  They always list books far in advance - often up to 6 months or more - and have pre-sale prices, advance notices, etc.  As of right now, there's nothing referencing a reprint...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2008, 09:59:12 AM »

For those of you who don't have this book yet, The Language Of Fear by Del James will be reprinted by March 2008.

For those of you who have no idea about this book, it includes the story that inspired the #1 hit video November Rain by Guns N' Roses!!!  ok

I'm in no way challenging what you say...this is good news all around.  Still, I find it odd that Amazon.com has no reference to the book being available in just two months.  They always list books far in advance - often up to 6 months or more - and have pre-sale prices, advance notices, etc.  As of right now, there's nothing referencing a reprint...

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2008, 12:53:15 AM »

Heard from Del today, that the book is going to hit Amazon.com any day now.

EDIT - Here is Del's direct quote "The Language Of Fear is slated for re-release anyday now through Amazon. Do not pay the jacked up Ebay prices! Wait til it's available for around $10."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 12:58:37 AM by Almost Famous » Logged

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Megaguns
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2008, 04:34:55 AM »

Honestly, what the fuck was the point of this post?

I mean, since you don't give a fuck, why did you read this thread or bothered to post in it?

I'm sorry but I have one word for your kind. LOSER.
it was a post about the book.......i thought that was what the thread was about
 anyway....... fuck this
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2008, 07:35:30 AM »

Thanks Almost Famous!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2008, 07:55:17 AM »

Guess we saw...  Grin

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2008, 11:18:51 AM »

You're welcome Amy. I can't wait to finally be able to track down a copy of this without spending a small fortune.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »

You're welcome Amy. I can't wait to finally be able to track down a copy of this without spending a small fortune.
Yes, I think the same.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: