Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 07:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff and his hot wife on with Donny Deutche
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff and his hot wife on with Donny Deutche  (Read 9998 times)
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 04:11:31 PM »

Yeah, but we're a different breed...to the average person, Duff is a guitarist for VR

The average person doesn't know what a bass player is? Give me a break Roll Eyes

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 08:22:46 PM »

As for the whole "guitarist" thing, it shows what assholes they are cuz they obviously know nothing about this guest, or the band, or music in general.   I think it's pretty funny, and it makes the people on that show look dumb and like they are trying to be cool. 

Exactly my point.  ok

Well...ok.  Got it!  Just didn't see it that way.  Last time I looked a bass was still a guitar.    But, I get what people are saying.  You guys must be true musicians, because you latched on to the "guitarist" comments and not the "hot wife" one.   hihi 
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »

As for the whole "guitarist" thing, it shows what assholes they are cuz they obviously know nothing about this guest, or the band, or music in general.   I think it's pretty funny, and it makes the people on that show look dumb and like they are trying to be cool. 

Exactly my point.  ok

because you latched on to the "guitarist" comments and not the "hot wife" one.   hihi 

well said!  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 12:47:10 PM »

Exactly my point.  ok

because you latched on to the "guitarist" comments and not the "hot wife" one.   hihi 

well said!  Wink

I'm not a lesbian so I couldn't care less about Duff's "hot wife" and I'm not a "true musician" either but I still know how insulting it is for an interviewer to refer to a band's bassist as their guitarist.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 02:03:55 PM »

but he is playing on a bass guitar and not a contrabass  Tongue
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »

Exactly my point.  ok

well said!  Wink

I'm not a lesbian so I couldn't care less about Duff's "hot wife" and I'm not a "true musician" either but I still know how insulting it is for an interviewer to refer to a band's bassist as their guitarist.  Roll Eyes

well... that has nothing to do with being a lesbian... I?m not... I found that "hot wife" pretty sexist and offensive.... much more than calling Duff a guitarist...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 02:51:58 PM »

Exactly my point.  ok

well said!  Wink

well... that has nothing to do with being a lesbian... I?m not... I found that "hot wife" pretty sexist and offensive.... much more than calling Duff a guitarist...

Since when has giving some one a fuckin' compliment being sexist and offensive.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »

Exactly my point.  ok

well said!  Wink

Since when has giving some one a fuckin' compliment being sexist and offensive.

Well Duff is mentioned by his name... why can?t his wife be mentioned as Susan? I?m sorry but for me that?s pure sexism...

JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »

So you would prefer "Duff and his hot wife, Susan"? What if it were his cousin, Dave? Would you be offended by "Duff and his cousin"?

There is sexism, and there is referring to someone by their association with someone else. This is without question a case of the latter.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »

So you would prefer "Duff and his hot wife, Susan"? What if it were his cousin, Dave? Would you be offended by "Duff and his cousin"?

There is sexism, and there is referring to someone by their association with someone else. This is without question a case of the latter.

beer

Not to mention..........  Shocked SHE"S HOT. Sometimes people take things way to close to the heart , "pure sexism"......sorry but that's laughable. If the topic was
" Duff and this hot bitch" then you might have a case.... but seriously.  nervous what is the world coming to.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 04:28:29 PM »

beer

Not to mention..........  Shocked SHE"S HOT. Sometimes people take things way to close to the heart , "pure sexism"......sorry but that's laughable. If the topic was
" Duff and this hot bitch" then you might have a case.... but seriously.  nervous what is the world coming to.

I?m sorry macho man...  Roll Eyes

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 04:31:35 PM »

beer

So by your standards

Duff and his hot wife is "pure sexism"

while

macho man is not?

Really if you think that statement is sexist , I can just wonder what you think of the world....  rofl
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »

damn right you are, woman!

rofl
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 04:33:28 PM »

sexism??? who gives a shit....make babies and shut your mouth... hihi
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 04:34:28 PM »

wow! how cool of you!!  ok Wink

Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 04:37:33 PM »

I'd prefer mouth open.......  rant
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »

OMFG................ nervous

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 09:09:20 PM »

OMFG................ nervous

I agree. That is pushing the  misogynistic envelope a bit too far.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 09:27:58 PM »

Yeah, but c'mon, it's just crude sarcasm and bitter joking.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »

Of the two, the latter might be sarcasm, but the former is misogynistic ... in the extreme.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: