Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:24:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Gift Question
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gift Question  (Read 5050 times)
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« on: January 17, 2008, 12:52:31 PM »

Hey all it's me again.

If any of you were around for my whole "Relationship Question" thread, you saw that a few weeks back I ended up getting together with someone.

My newest question is this: This girl is fantastic, but unfortunately is going through a pretty rough time in her life at the moment. She's got an uphill climb ahead of her and it's going o take a lot out of her.

I wanted to get her something small that would be reminder that someone has her back, and is there to help her and be a shoulder to cry on. Just something she could have with her while she is working on this.

I'm usually really good at gifts, but I just don't know where to begin. She is very sweet, and no matter what I gave her she'd love it, but I'd like to give her something with a little meaning.

I'd appreciate any and all help any of you could offer. You guys were great help before so I'm sure you'll come through again.

And I am well aware I am being a huge dork. So be nice.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:57:55 PM by GunnerOne 84 » Logged

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 01:06:49 PM »

Go to like a card store and get a small teddy bear (or any small stuffed animal) that's wearing a tee with a heart on it or some other outfit.  They have some really cute stuff out there.   Smiley

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:41:37 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 01:35:11 PM »

Five Words:

Jelly-of-the-Month-Club

It's the gift that keeps on giving!

OK...don't really do that.  Can't go wrong with flowers, though.  Maybe not big formal flowers, like roses.  Something cheerful, ya know?  Daisies, tulips...that kind of stuff.

As for it having meaning...that's tough, because we don't know her.  But if she cares for you, then it already has meaning. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »

Maybe a bracelet with some charms on it that apply to the issue(s), she could wear it daily and be reminded by each charm of her inspiration to move forward (up-hill climb), and let one of them remind her that your on her side.  As she progresses more charms can be added.!!! 

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 03:12:08 PM »

Go to like a card store and get a small teddy bear (or any small stuffed animal) that's wearing a tee with a heart on it or some other outfit.  They have some really cute stuff out there.   Smiley

This is always a nice idea also!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 03:58:06 PM »

Maybe a bracelet with some charms on it that apply to the issue(s), she could wear it daily and be reminded by each charm of her inspiration to move forward (up-hill climb), and let one of them remind her that your on her side.  As she progresses more charms can be added.!!! 

Oooh, i really like that !!!

I do agree with you.

Nothing to say
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »

I've always had success going the very personal route, like a few locks of my hair or, if she's really special, a vial of my blood.

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »

i gave a girl one of those "best friends" necklaces, and she said it was the coolest thing she has gotten! she tottaly melted!
so i have the "best" part, and she has the "friend" part! together forever, baby!

love

the best thing, i think, is to be original! Wink

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »

I've always had success going the very personal route, like a few locks of my hair or, if she's really special, a vial of my blood.

nervous  Yikes!!!!!!!!  Are you dating vampires?

I think you should write out a nice card.....tell her you know what she is going through and will be there for her....your words will be special....

The charm thing sounds nice or maybe something like a locket....
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 06:29:33 PM »

I guess that explains their aversion to garlic.  Should have figured that out when all my relationships were ending because of their refusal to frequent Italian restaurants.   Grin 
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 06:37:41 PM »

I think you should write out a nice card.....tell her you know what she is going through and will be there for her....your words will be special....

The charm thing sounds nice or maybe something like a locket....

I did pick out a card today for her, I just need to get my words in it at some point today. I did get her a small stuffed animal as well, and I'm still looking for that something special.

The bracelet/charm idea does sound really nice, I'll have to look into that.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 08:44:59 PM »

Well, since you're together with this chick, I'd go with something up her alley.  (no wisecracks about "up her alley!"  hihi)

I too am a dork, but that's a good thing.  It usually means you are genuine.  My girlfriend back in college, now my wife of almost 10 years  love, still has a couple of things I gave her back in the day.  A sweatshirt from my hometown area, a volleyball, notes...just use your imagination. 

I once sent myself in the mail to her for a surprise visit.  (not literally) but I put a refrigerator box in my car with a ton of old stamps and an address...drove to where she was living on summer break, and hid under the box at her door.  I also had 9 roses in hand, one for each month we had been going out.

Use your imagination.  Put a little work into it.  Expensive gifts are ridiculous.  You're a college student, right?  Gifts from the heart that show forethought and genuine emotion are winners everytime.   peace

Good luck!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 05:04:07 PM »

I once sent myself in the mail to her for a surprise visit.  (not literally) but I put a refrigerator box in my car with a ton of old stamps and an address...drove to where she was living on summer break, and hid under the box at her door.  I also had 9 roses in hand, one for each month we had been going out.

That is just too cute. Wink
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 03:48:14 PM »

I went with a small stuffed animal that was pretty cute, a little elephant with a rose in its trunk, a card with a long message in it just leting her know I really cared about her and that I was behind her all the way during this difficult time, and a small little figurine that she can sit in her room.

I'm going to save the bigger gift for valentine's day, as it isn't far off.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 09:41:25 PM »

I'm with Freedom - send her flowers with a nice card.  the flowers are nice on their own, but the surprise of the delivery will show the added thought put into it.

honestly.. ANYTHING you do will go a long way - its not the gift that matters, its the fact that you showed that you cared.  its cliche, but its true.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 09:51:48 PM »

I'm with Freedom - send her flowers with a nice card.  the flowers are nice on their own, but the surprise of the delivery will show the added thought put into it.

honestly.. ANYTHING you do will go a long way - its not the gift that matters, its the fact that you showed that you cared.  its cliche, but its true.

Wait a minute, I thought Freedom recommended taking her to the movies, sitting in the back row, hollowing out the bottom of the popcorn tub, and...well, I just can't repeat it.  Freedom, you disgust me!!!

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sisterofyu
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 10:09:23 PM »

some hookah Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 11:40:33 PM »

Wait a minute, I thought Freedom recommended taking her to the movies, sitting in the back row, hollowing out the bottom of the popcorn tub, and...well, I just can't repeat it.  Freedom, you disgust me!!!

What I allegedly did during college has no bearing on my candidacy.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 11:47:35 PM »

^ It does if that dude in your avatar was sitting next to you in that theater!   hihi 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 12:42:36 AM »

^ It does if that dude in your avatar was sitting next to you in that theater!   hihi 

That "dude" in my avatar is Bon Scott.  At this point, I'm forced to question your rock n' roll credibility.  You're not fit to hold office, even with Lil' Butters in your administration!  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: