Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Mansons Take On New GNR.....
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mansons Take On New GNR.....  (Read 6956 times)
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« on: January 16, 2008, 09:54:39 AM »

Marilyn Manson site, www.mansonusa.com...

INTERVIEWER: On the subject of Axl: What?s your take on the revival of GNR and Axl being the only original member left?

MANSON: I don?t know a lot of details about it. Sean Beavan, who mixed EAT ME, DRINK ME, and worked on all our records for the most part -- except Holywood -- was working on that for like 2 years. I saw the comeback thing and I don?t really know what to make of it. I have seen the Velvet Revolver side of it and the Buckethead Guns N? Roses side of it. I saw Guns N? Roses on the Appetite for Destruction tour. It?s really sad to say -- and kids I?m not trying to make any sort of suggestion here, but a lot of people are not as good when they stop doing drugs. I was singing Welcome to the Jungle karaoke last night on my birthday and I had leather pants on.

Full interview here: http://www.mansonusa.com/everyone_will_suffer_now/?page=7

Credit for this article goes to RH from mygnr.com.

Bow!
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »

hihi

Manson is complete Tool, i don't rate his Music, and his band is were all the EX members of NIN play, his appearance is a cross between Michael Jackson and a Seagall.
He says people are not as good when they quit drugs? People said that about Aerosmith but im willing to bet they sold more Records off drugs then on them.

Bow!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:12:46 AM »

it's his honest opinion on the matter, i don't think he should be slagged for not sharing our point of view.

Chinese Democracy!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:35:53 AM »

yeah but when did bh stop doing drugs?
none in current Guns N' Roses is known as a former addict.

and Velvet Revolver.... did they really kicked the habit?
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 10:59:29 PM »

What an idiotic statement by Manson. Apart from being easily used as a lyrics theme, drugs can do little to promote the creative process.
Based on that statement, I guess Manson should go back to being an addict. Didn't his last two albums suck donkey balls??

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
anaesthetics
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 11:42:40 PM »

^ Regardless of your opinion, he did release two albums.  Ha.  Ha-ha.  Ha-ha-ha-ha.

*dies*
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 11:59:55 PM »

I?m not trying to make any sort of suggestion here, but a lot of people are not as good when they stop doing drugs. I was singing Welcome to the Jungle karaoke last night on my birthday and I had leather pants on.

He implies that Axl is a has been and he is not trying to suggest anything ?  Roll Eyes

Olorin
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 08:09:20 AM »

I think he is referring to the 2002 comeback, he does call it "buckethead guns n roses" after all.

Also Sean Beavan was around GNR the years prior to that comeback.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:14:04 AM by Olorin » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 02:10:38 PM »

Manson has his opinion....and considering the way he ripped Axl in his autobiography back in 1997 im surpised he went so easy on him this time around....
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 08:55:36 PM »

I find any guy who has his own ribs removed so he can suck his own ..... is just flat ass wierd to begin with, I don't have any respect for him his music or his opinions. rant

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 09:11:32 PM »

Manson is a talentless hack. I never liked anything he ever did, even when he had his 15 minutes about ten years or so ago. The reason someone like Alice Cooper could do shock rock and stick around for forty years is because he actually had talent. He has a great voice and is a phenomenal songwriter. The shock thing wore off with Manson cause he lacks both of those qualities. He's probably jealous because Axl has been basically invisible to most of the public for the better part of 15 years and people are still way more interested in him than manson even though manson never went anywhere.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »

mansons a great artist, hes entitled to his opinion its not like he said

"YEAH THOSE GUYS FUCKIN SUCK, BRING BACK OLD GNR"

html sucks
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 07:03:03 PM »

He didn't get his fucking ribs removed. He's not Paul from The Wonder Years, either. His comments could have just as easily been directed at Weiland or the members of VR. What he said isn't particularly negative and is in reference to something else he'd said about Axl in an earlier question/answer. In fact, the drug comment is clearly meant as a joke, a funny aside. I'm sorry none of you are familiar with his sarcasm or sense of humor. He's not a hack, he's actually a brilliant, uncompromising artist, but clearly not to everyone's taste. All of this was covered when I posted the article on GNRevolution long before MyGNR. Anyway, the opinions in this thread are ... immature and uneducated, to say the least. Sorry I bothered reading the thread.

By the way, Manson's drug habit has gotten worse, not better. Just for the record, because it had been mentioned somewhere. Still, doesn't mean EAT ME, DRINK ME's not a fucking masterpiece.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 12:16:45 AM »

He didn't get his fucking ribs removed. He's not Paul from The Wonder Years, either. His comments could have just as easily been directed at Weiland or the members of VR. What he said isn't particularly negative and is in reference to something else he'd said about Axl in an earlier question/answer. In fact, the drug comment is clearly meant as a joke, a funny aside. I'm sorry none of you are familiar with his sarcasm or sense of humor. He's not a hack, he's actually a brilliant, uncompromising artist, but clearly not to everyone's taste. All of this was covered when I posted the article on GNRevolution long before MyGNR. Anyway, the opinions in this thread are ... immature and uneducated, to say the least. Sorry I bothered reading the thread.

By the way, Manson's drug habit has gotten worse, not better. Just for the record, because it had been mentioned somewhere. Still, doesn't mean EAT ME, DRINK ME's not a fucking masterpiece.
We are all entitled to an opinion, yet I am not calling you immature or uneducated due to the fact that you happen to like his talents.  I choose to not be familiar with his sarcasm or sense of humor, and do not care who he was directing it to, he could have made the most positive statement & I still wouldn't rush out to buy his music.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Tatiana Kudrin
Soak The Sin
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 12:23:49 AM »

It seems   that Manson thinks that people who don't try to understand anything about him are 'uneducated'  Tongue

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 12:58:35 AM »

I find any guy who has his own ribs removed so he can suck his own ..... is just flat ass wierd to begin with, I don't have any respect for him his music or his opinions. rant

Do you know why a dog licks his balls ...

However, yeah, that dude is out there in lala. A pathetic attempt to be relevant.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 06:22:38 AM »

We are all entitled to an opinion, yet I am not calling you immature or uneducated due to the fact that you happen to like his talents.  I choose to not be familiar with his sarcasm or sense of humor, and do not care who he was directing it to

you don't need to care about his opinion on GNR, but you should stop lie about the ribs thingie, that is probably what VonDoom talked about when he mentioned "uneducated and immature"  ok

which it is
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 10:46:26 AM »

We are all entitled to an opinion, yet I am not calling you immature or uneducated due to the fact that you happen to like his talents.  I choose to not be familiar with his sarcasm or sense of humor, and do not care who he was directing it to

you don't need to care about his opinion on GNR, but you should stop lie about the ribs thingie, that is probably what VonDoom talked about when he mentioned "uneducated and immature"  ok

which it is

yeah the ribs thing is something i expect to hear from chavs at my school who are like "oh man why you listening to him, hes a freakkk man, had his ribs removed to suck his own dick"

why would manson need to do that when hes got that steaming hot girlfriend who he bangs in his music video

html sucks
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »

Yes!!!  I posted something I had heard, which  now I know is obviously a rumor so for this I will apologize.  I do not care for him as an artist and so I never researched it in anyway.I speculated purely on rumor and I am sorry if I offended any of you, I am in no way judging anyone here who may be a fan of his talents, more power to yu, so with that said hopefully we can all move on.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 11:48:43 PM »

Manson has sunk into a deep addiction, and I hate to say it, has slowly deteriorated his talent.

Manson peaked with Mechanical Animals. And then he wen't nowhere, but backwards. The opposite, strangely enough, of Axl, who has evolved into an even better singer songwriter.

It's sad really. Manson used to mean something. Now he's just a bitter drunk.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: