Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:26:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Watching Paranormal State?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Watching Paranormal State?  (Read 3905 times)
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« on: January 15, 2008, 11:57:04 AM »

I have been watching paranormal state on Aand E and wonder if the stuff they show on there is true? It seems to be but how do I know those kids are not staging anything. It is really freaky. Has anyone else seen some of the episodes?Huh?? Totally makes me believe in ghosts! I've had some experiences like those people too. Feeling a presence in my room, I used to think my old apartment building was haunted. Too many times, I'd feel like someone was there. The dog would never go in the attic. Just strange things. So, my questions:

Are you watching?
Do you believe it's real?
Have you ever had a paranormal experience?
What do you think these ghosts or entities are? Energy? Soul that is stuck? Imagination?
Does it give you hope of an afterlife?

Just some questions, don't have to answer all.
Thanks!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:55:21 PM »

I love that show.  Watched it last night and was wondering the same thing. It is scarey.  I believe in it, but do not know if these paticular stories are true or not, but I woudn't doubt that they have happened and the stories are recreated for this show.

My belief is that these lost souls have died and had unfinished business, therefore they cannot seem to cross over.  It makes sence to me.  Sometimes they need help getting there by us.  I'm not even sure if they even truley know they have died.  They must not be able to get to the afterlife, I think they make their presence known to us cause they need help and this is the only way to grasp our attention, or how would we ever know they were there?  I think some of them are mean due to the fact they are angry over their death, possibly died for no reason, or they are angry due to the person responsible has never been caught so they are trying to leave signs or hints to help u figure it out for them.

I have felt what I think to be a presence with me in the same room soon after one of my grandmothers passed away about 6 years ago, I don't think she was trying to scare me by any means but just saying goodbuy one last time.  I have had some other experiences as well and so has my husband, but they were welcoming ones.  If u are interested I can pm you later.  How about you?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »

It is bunk. There are debunking videos on youtube that demonstrate the duplicitous nature of these type of shows. While I haven't seen this show, nor will I waste my time with it, they are all the same.

EDIT: Why do ghosts always where clothes? One would think they would need clothing.hihi
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:15:21 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 05:21:05 PM »

I like this show, for the most part.  I don't like over-dramitization, though, and this show has a tendancy to do that.

I was very much intrigued with the show I last saw in which they found the ritually butchered body of a dog.  They also get the demonologist lady involved quite often.  Again, I see that as more drama then true.  If you go looking for "evil", your inevitablly going to find it.

But anyway....

I have strong feelings and beliefs regarding the supernatural and the paranormal.  I don't really like to go into it, though, as the subject often starts arguments  nervous

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 05:28:45 PM »

It is bunk. There are debunking videos on youtube that demonstrate the duplicitous nature of these type of shows. While I haven't seen this show, nor will I waste my time with it, they are all the same.

EDIT: Why do ghosts always where clothes? One would think they would need clothing.hihi

One theory is that what the living sees is the image that the ghost had of him/herself while they were alive.  Do you visualize yourself naked in your day to day existence?  This may also explain why many ghosts seem to end at the knee or so.  You don't think about where your feet are when your walking, for the most part.  This also could explain why ghosts are often seen as a younger indivudual then the person was when they passed on.  You visualize yourself as you were in your prime. 

Of course, there are no rules in this area of thought.  Every ghost is different just as every person is different.  And there are different kinds of hauntings. Residual and active are at least one set of different kinds.  Residual is kind of like a place memory.  An event that plays itself over and over and over. 

Again, I don't talk about this stuff much, and I'm SURE there are going to be a bunch of people who come to this thread just to bash the hell out of anyone who expresses any kind of belief.  Just because someone has a belief in the paranormal, doesn't mean they are some kind of uneducated idiot. I don't consider myself a genius by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm not a scientist or professor or anything like that, but I do have a strong interest in main stream science AND in the paranormal Smiley
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 05:31:49 PM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:03:09 PM »

I've been watching it from the first episode. I like it but I like anything of the sort whether or not it is true.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »

LittleFly, I don't think anybody's gonna "bash your beliefs."  They will however, educate you on certain aspects of "paranormal study."  Take for instance psychics.  They are all con artists.  This is not an argument.  You either believe in fiction or non-fiction.  Psychics are frauds.  Fuckin Crazy is correct.  These scumbags steal a ton of money every year from naive and quite frankly ignorant "believers." 

Jagged Little Pill, that's cool.  Sometimes that stuff makes for good entertainment.  The Sixth Sense was a great movie...but it was just that, a movie.  Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sisterofyu
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »

I watch the show and like it. I think the kids profiled are psychic, but sometimes the show seems scripted. Also I dont like how he brings religion into every episode because not everyone is Catholic and when he uses holy water and makes crosses in the doorways to "cleanse" the house it annoys me.  I think seeing spirit  transcends religion. But Yeah the show is pretty entertainging otherwise.  ok
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:20:24 PM »

One theory is that what the living sees is the image that the ghost had of him/herself while they were alive.  Do you visualize yourself naked in your day to day existence?  This may also explain why many ghosts seem to end at the knee or so.  You don't think about where your feet are when your walking, for the most part.  This also could explain why ghosts are often seen as a younger indivudual then the person was when they passed on.  You visualize yourself as you were in your prime. 

That is not a theory, or even a hypothesis; it is a belief. For something to be a theory, the results have to be able to be replicated repeatedly. A theory makes predictions that can be observed, and documented, by independent observers.

No "Paranormal" investigator has ever published in a peer review journal(at least relating to the paranormal). That says everything about their "science".

As an aside, misconceptions about the scientific method by the general populace is what allows Young Earth Creationists and IDiots to to proclaim that "Evolution is just a theory". Theories are an instrument to explain phenomenon that is fact.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 11:22:23 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 11:04:25 AM »

I love that show.  Watched it last night and was wondering the same thing. It is scarey.  I believe in it, but do not know if these paticular stories are true or not, but I woudn't doubt that they have happened and the stories are recreated for this show.

My belief is that these lost souls have died and had unfinished business, therefore they cannot seem to cross over.  It makes sence to me.  Sometimes they need help getting there by us.  I'm not even sure if they even truley know they have died.  They must not be able to get to the afterlife, I think they make their presence known to us cause they need help and this is the only way to grasp our attention, or how would we ever know they were there?  I think some of them are mean due to the fact they are angry over their death, possibly died for no reason, or they are angry due to the person responsible has never been caught so they are trying to leave signs or hints to help u figure it out for them.

I have felt what I think to be a presence with me in the same room soon after one of my grandmothers passed away about 6 years ago, I don't think she was trying to scare me by any means but just saying goodbuy one last time.  I have had some other experiences as well and so has my husband, but they were welcoming ones.  If u are interested I can pm you later.  How about you?

Well, I have had a lot of experiences with this stuff and tend to think ghosts are real. I used to live in an apartment building that was over 100 years old - you could imagine how many people have probably passed in the building - with an attic on top that you could go from the front of the building to the back. Several times when sleeping in my apartment I have felt a presence over my bed and then just strange things happening - like things being moved from where I know I put them, sounds from the attic when I knew no one was up there and my husband lived with me for awhile there and swears he saw something - he came home late one night and had to cut across the attic to my side of the building because he forgot his keys to our entrance door - as he was crossing the attic he saw a red-orange light going up and down - like someone was smoking a cigarette - he couldn't smell smoke but the light kept going up and down as if someone was smoking - he was too afraid to check it out so he ran and came into our apartment all freaked out.
Also, when my aunt passed away, the moment she died, her dog started acting strange, he went down to the basement door and started howling and barking - the door handle was moving back and forth but never opened and he kept up this weird behavior for about 15 minutes and then stopped. I know this because my uncle witnessed everything - he told us. He said he went to check on my aunt and saw that she had passed and then went down to the basement by the dog and watched the door. It wasn't locked and there was no intruder. He was too afraid to open the door so he just watched until the dog stopped.

This stuff is too creepy. How do you explain this scientifically if there is a reason behind all the supposed paranormal activity? Is it just the mind playing tricks on you? Why would it last so long? Why do animals react? How do you explain that scientifically? I have witnessed my own dog afraid to go into that attic and what about my uncle's dog?

crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 11:08:02 AM »

I watch the show and like it. I think the kids profiled are psychic, but sometimes the show seems scripted. Also I dont like how he brings religion into every episode because not everyone is Catholic and when he uses holy water and makes crosses in the doorways to "cleanse" the house it annoys me.  I think seeing spirit  transcends religion. But Yeah the show is pretty entertainging otherwise.  ok

In one of the first shows, the main dude explained that he grew up Catholic so he feels most comfortable using catholic religious ceremonies or whatever to cleanse or at least try to help the situation. He said that anyone from the team is welcome to use any type of cleanse from their religion and please don't be offended because he recognizes all religions, he is just most comfortable using what he knows.

sisterofyu
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 11:14:38 AM »

ahh well that explains it thanks cheryl. anyway I still watch ot I find it interesting , also I think the catholic guy is gorgeous....keekee love
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 04:15:54 PM »

Well, I have had a lot of experiences with this stuff and tend to think ghosts are real. I used to live in an apartment building that was over 100 years old - you could imagine how many people have probably passed in the building - with an attic on top that you could go from the front of the building to the back. Several times when sleeping in my apartment I have felt a presence over my bed and then just strange things happening - like things being moved from where I know I put them, sounds from the attic when I knew no one was up there and my husband lived with me for awhile there and swears he saw something - he came home late one night and had to cut across the attic to my side of the building because he forgot his keys to our entrance door - as he was crossing the attic he saw a red-orange light going up and down - like someone was smoking a cigarette - he couldn't smell smoke but the light kept going up and down as if someone was smoking - he was too afraid to check it out so he ran and came into our apartment all freaked out.
Also, when my aunt passed away, the moment she died, her dog started acting strange, he went down to the basement door and started howling and barking - the door handle was moving back and forth but never opened and he kept up this weird behavior for about 15 minutes and then stopped. I know this because my uncle witnessed everything - he told us. He said he went to check on my aunt and saw that she had passed and then went down to the basement by the dog and watched the door. It wasn't locked and there was no intruder. He was too afraid to open the door so he just watched until the dog stopped.

This stuff is too creepy. How do you explain this scientifically if there is a reason behind all the supposed paranormal activity? Is it just the mind playing tricks on you? Why would it last so long? Why do animals react? How do you explain that scientifically? I have witnessed my own dog afraid to go into that attic and what about my uncle's dog?
I think that animal are much more sensitive than we humans, such as there hearing and smell and so on, I can tell you that many times my kitty kat thinks she sees something right on my husbands and my bed at night.  She often creeps very slowly across our bedspread thinking something is there and truley we are not moving at all.  We are not sencing anything ourselves, but it is now a funny little joke to us.  When she has this behavior we ask her if she sees a puddy ghost.  When I am home alone even with my alarm set it is she that comforts me as I know if she hears something (which many times she picks up on a noise or movement that I do not) she is making me aware something could be happening or someone could be here. I am fully able to go to sleep trusting she will be my monitor. We know that their sence of smell is overwhelming, maybe these ghosts have a cent to them, wow I am a pretty good speller but sent or cent I cant remember today.
On another note:  when my husband and I were first married we moved into an apartment that my uncle and grandmother had previously lived in.  My uncle passed away and my grandmother moved to my parents house.  One morning we woke up to our front door wide open and random papers that we had organized on our coffee table in our livingroom were all messed up and around and about through out that room.  A couple of mornings later we woke up and fridge door was wide open.  My uncle was always up for a midnight snack.  My husbands father passed away in 1992, at that time my husband was a heavy equipment operator.  He was at work one day shortly after father passed, when his machine just randomly shut itself off and my husband heard his voice say I am ok scott and machine restarted itself once again.  My husband was very shocked but also relieved to know his dad had come to let him know he was ok. For me it was not a mind game as at the time I wasn't even on that page, it was just very very random, surely each case is different and its reasons why, I don't have any answers as to why and have never really done any research, just accepted the experiences for what they were or are.  I am and would be deathly afraid of demons and bad ghosts for sure.  A couple of summers ago there was this old house or a kinda of like a cottage that I drove by every day on my way to town.  For some reason I was really drawn to that house and had a desire to go inside, it grew stronger by the day.  No one lived in it.  I drove by it for many years and one day there was smoke rising out of its chimmney.  Definately got my attention.  It was that next summer that I finally talked my husband into going there.  We had to get a ladder out of this old shed to be able to enter as there were no stairs.  Once we were in it was so wierd it was as if who ever lived there just up and left leaving every part of their life behind.  I appeared as though they just didn't go home one day.  Curlers and hairpins were sitting on kitchen table with a mirror as if someone had just sat there and removed them, beds in upstairs left as if they got up but didn't make them.  Food items still in pantry.  someones homework notebook on the end of bed.  Shoes placed and left.  Old pictures in bedroom closets with what was once fresh linens and knitted blankets.  Greeting cards once sent to them.  Mind u it is dark inside as house was boarded up.  Anyway while we are upstairs checking all this stuff out we heard what we sure to be footsteps downstairs at that point we were definately alarmed.  We flew down the stairs and out of the house as fast as we could and never went back.  Still don't know the story on the house but do not intend on ever going back to find anything out.  I was petrified.  I spose I could do some homework on it through files available to the public but never thought of doing it until now, maybe I will. Have moved to a new home now so no longer travel by it, but let me tell you it was and still is very disturbing to me even today.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 12:29:53 AM »

. Several times when sleeping in my apartment I have felt a presence over my bed and then just strange things happening

I shouldn't do it, but ... a Succubus visited me last night.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 02:43:21 AM »

^ this must be the first time someone thought D as a succubus.

A stripper told me my tattoo reminds her of a succubus.

The bitch was just trying to get more tip.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 02:49:08 AM »

lol

Maybe I should give up my hair shirts.

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 09:36:17 AM »

If the white see through ghost's scared me than would I be afraid of fog and clouds as well?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »

I have worked with a TAPS team in Florida and am friends with someone on the new GHI show. We all take the mindset that most claims can be disproven. However, sometimes we run into things we cant find reasons for.  I have not seen a single shred of evidence to support that any of the locations presented on Paranormal State are actually "haunted".

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »