Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:10:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Positive excerpts from Slash's book
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Positive excerpts from Slash's book  (Read 5190 times)
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: January 11, 2008, 08:01:29 PM »

What was your favorite part?

Mine was how they came together as a band and how they recorded AFD and how Slash described Axl as being a genious and an awesome performer and songwriter.  Also how Slash stood up to stump the biker who tried to talk shit about Axl and Slash defended Axl.  The illusions part was also good but you could tell the breakup was starting as they could never go back to the simplicity of recording like AFD was.  I liked how Slash and Axl were room mates.  I always assumed it was Axl and Izzy so it surprised me when Slash said that he and Axl were roomies.

List your favorite positive parts of Slash's book peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:07:53 PM »

And to Guns N' Roses fans everywhere, old and new, without their undying loyalty and limitless patience, none of this would matter.

He thanks people like Jim Bob, leatherebel and myself.

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:16:58 PM »

And to Guns N' Roses fans everywhere, old and new, without their undying loyalty and limitless patience, none of this would matter.

Smiley

/jarmo

Maybe if Slash puts out an errors and ommissions statement, he will dedicate it to and thank you and letherbel and jimbob.   ok   Roll Eyes

I think it was cool of Slash to also talk openly about all the drugs and drinking he did.  I am sure he had it going through his head that his two sons would one day read the book so for him to not hide any of that says a lot for his honesty in my opinion.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 09:07:07 PM »

Smiley

/jarmo

hehe I sense some irony on that!   Tongue

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »

Smiley

/jarmo

I don't like this Jarmo....Not at all. I don't think that dedication is genuine either. It has a media purpose again - to make himself look like the good and nice guy (as usual) and portray some of us gn'r fans who dare question his motives as rabid, paranoid, ungrateful bastards. In addition, of course,  he wants to reach out to more customers to buy his book.

My humble suggestion for the next edition is that he modifies this dedication appropriately, qualifying it to only HIS own fans, or VR fans, or whatever the hell he likes, without poaching upon the present GN'R fan base. I mean, how much more greedy can one be?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »

I don't like this Jarmo....Not at all. I don't think that dedication is genuine either. It has a media purpose again - to make himself look like the good and nice guy (as usual) and portray some of us gn'r fans who dare question his motives as rabid, paranoid, ungrateful bastards. In addition, of course,? he wants to reach out to more customers to buy his book.

My humble suggestion for the next edition is that he modifies this dedication appropriately, qualifying it to only HIS own fans, or VR fans, or whatever the hell he likes, without poaching upon the present GN'R fan base. I mean, how much more greedy can one be?

Are you serious?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »

And another 14 page thread begins.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 10:16:37 PM »

I am sorry but I don't see anything positive in this book.
I don't understand how someone would be so proud of being a drug addict for the most part of their life and go in lengths to describe his experiences. And this person is a father and supposedly a public rolemodel figure. And then of course come all the lies or misunderstandings, intentional or not, painting this ugly picture about Axl.

This fox Slash quit on GN'R and quit on us fans more than a decade ago. Do you honestly think he cared about the fans at the time or ever since? He didn't. He cared only about his ego, fame, and bank account. Just as he does now. Well, good for him. But enough already, put the GN'R name to rest and leave the present GN'R fans alone. It appears after 12 years he still can't exist without either of those. Sad.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »

it was very cool to hear about the inner doings of the "Hell House" after all these years.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 08:38:54 AM »

Smiley

/jarmo

I don't like this Jarmo....Not at all. I don't think that dedication is genuine either. It has a media purpose again - to make himself look like the good and nice guy (as usual) and portray some of us gn'r fans who dare question his motives as rabid, paranoid, ungrateful bastards. In addition, of course,? he wants to reach out to more customers to buy his book.

what are you talking about? When he says "new" he is mentioning the new fans of the band... doesn?t necessarily means the new band...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 08:59:03 AM »

Smiley

/jarmo

what are you talking about? When he says "new" he is mentioning the new fans of the band... doesn?t necessarily means the new band...

Don't even waste your effort on that one, the post is so ridiculous it would be funny if the person didn't actually believe what they typed.

Jarmo's post was reasonably witty and I had a laugh and thought good reply, but leatherbels post following it was a little scary.   I responded with "are you serious?" because I genuinely wasn't sure whether he was taking the piss and therefore his post should have been read with a healthy dose of sarcasm or whether he actually believed what he typed.

Unfortunately his reply made it clear it was a serious post  nervous
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 09:03:56 AM »

This fox Slash quit on GN'R and quit on us fans more than a decade ago. Do you honestly think he cared about the fans at the time or ever since? He didn't. He cared only about his ego, fame, and bank account. Just as he does now. Well, good for him. But enough already, put the GN'R name to rest and leave the present GN'R fans alone. It appears after 12 years he still can't exist without either of those. Sad.

A bit harsh, no??

Surely if Slash only cared about money, fame etc. he would have stayed with GNR??

About the book itself, I've got it but haven't read it yet but I definitely will at some point. yes

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 09:26:31 AM »

I am sorry but I don't see anything positive in this book.
I don't understand how someone would be so proud of being a drug addict for the most part of their life and go in lengths to describe his experiences. And this person is a father and supposedly a public rolemodel figure. And then of course come all the lies or misunderstandings, intentional or not, painting this ugly picture about Axl.

i think its axl who needs to lay the GNR name to rest, after all, the only remaining original member, shouldnt it be called something else, how can it ever be GNR without at least duff and slash!

and as for "be so proud of being a drug addict for the most part of their life" that is what GNR were about "back in the day"

he's just shedding light on how it was, and maybe its advisin people to not do it in future, myself havent read the book, but i dont know

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »

some of us gn'r fans ... as rabid, paranoid, ungrateful bastards.

Slash couldn't have said it better himself.  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2008, 04:58:17 PM »

Smiley

/jarmo

I think he is thanking you for your continuing loyalty to him by attending several VR shows.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 05:26:22 PM »

Smiley

/jarmo

I think he is thanking you for your continuing loyalty to him by attending several VR shows.

News flash: My last VR show was three (3) years ago.  Smiley

Another person who'd rather discuss me than VR!

I hope you apologize to spaghetti_incident.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2008, 05:30:18 PM »

I just don?t get one thing. If you?re focus is on the present, being the new band and the new people in it, how come you pay so much attention to the past members, like Slash? It?s so contraditory...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »

I just don?t get one thing. If you?re focus is on the present, being the new band and the new people in it, how come you pay so much attention to the past members, like Slash? It?s so contraditory...

Another person who wants to talk about me instead of the topic!

Congratulations.  ok

Think about it. If a certain former member is constantly talking about my favorite band's singer in every other interview every week, do you think it's pretty easy to pay attention to what's going on?

Let's say this former member took a vacation from the media and didn't talk for a month or two, do you think I'd have any of his remarks to comment on?

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2008, 05:50:38 PM »

Another person who wants to talk about me instead of the topic!

Congratulations.? ok

Think about it. If a certain former member is constantly talking about my favorite band's singer in every other interview every week, do you think it's pretty easy to pay attention to what's going on?

Let's say this former member took a vacation from the media and didn't talk for a month or two, do you think I'd have any of his remarks to comment on?

/jarmo

Well I was referring to you and the others who keep mining these threads about former members. My point is, if you have chosen to live on the present, not on the past, wouldn?t it be a better way to waste your time by commenting the new gigs of Frank Ferrer or Richard Fortus?

Anyway, I just think you guys give way too many attention to a guy that used to be in the band and now is just "doing some mediocre work in new projects"... Just my thoughts! peace

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 05:55:39 PM »

Well I was referring to you and the others who keep mining these threads about former members. My point is, if you have chosen to live on the present, not on the past, wouldn?t it be a better way to waste your time by commenting the new gigs of Frank Ferrer or Richard Fortus?

Yeah, you'd love that. Along with some others in this section.

Slash says something questionable, and it'd be the best for you guys if none of us commented on it.....

Well, maybe if Slash didn't talk so much....

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: