Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 12:56:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD this spring??
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD this spring??  (Read 4435 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:20:06 PM »

from an article on the new sebastian bach video Huh by the site hosting it

Re: Is this the official..
? Reply #8 on Today at 3:52pm ? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.hipvideopromo.com/clients/sebastian_bach.php

This is from the Hip Video Site.

Artist: SEBASTIAN BACH
Label: GET OFF MY BACH/MRV/CAROLINE/EMI
Video: "(LOVE IS) A BITCHSLAP"
Director: Sebastian Bach & Greg Edgerton
Video Add Date: January 25th, 2008
Greetings cherished programmers! It's Andy Gesner and the staff from HIP Video Promo, hoping you had a terrific holiday season - and that you're prepared for a rocking 2008. We?re kicking off the new year in grand style with a raucous new clip from one of the sturdiest names in hard rock: the irrepressible Sebastian Bach. The heavy metal renaissance-man has returned to the fray with Angel Down, his toughest, proudest, most uncompromising, and most infectious set of songs yet. And considering Sebastian Bach's track record, that's saying plenty.

Real fans of heavy music will recall that although Skid Row shared bills and MTV airtime with the "hair metal" bands of the Eighties and early Nineties, they never fit into that category. When the rest of Bach's peers were going unplugged, he was leading his band through stompers like "Monkey Business", "Youth Gone Wild", and the unforgettable "18 And Life". Even "I Will Remember You", the quintessential power ballad, rocked harder than most bands' heaviest cuts. When Slave To The Grind became the first heavy metal album to debut at #1 on the Billboard charts, it was a victory not for the lite-metal movement, but for true headbangers. Skid Row's thunder reached a towering crescendo on Subhuman Race, one of the most vicious and uncompromising records cut in the Nineties. Throughout, Bach and the group backed up the records with a live show unrivaled in mainstream metal for its intensity and raw energy.

After the breakup of Skid Row, Sebastian Bach barely missed a stride. The entertainer proved his versatility in network reality programs, in Broadway's Jekyll & Hyde and Rocky Horror, and in a recurring (and very funny) role as a spirited small-town rocker on Gilmore Girls. But the metal has always been his first love, and he's never stopped leading ferocious bands: the group that performs on Angel Down is as fierce a combo as he's ever fronted. Nor has his hard-rock pride waned ? on the bruising "American Metalhead", a set highlight, a defiant Bach issues his statement of purpose. "Brothers as one, ageless at heart", he howls, "shoulder to shoulder, we?ll never die".

With his powerful shriek and menacing stance, Sebastian Bach probably shares more with Axl Rose than any other singer. In fact, Bach has long been close friends with the Guns 'N' Roses frontman, and he's one of the few musicians who has been privy to the details of the making of Chinese Democracy. When the new G'n'R is finally released this spring, fans will be treated to an inspired guest performance by Bach. The ever-generous Rose has returned the favor by adding his world-famous pipes to three songs on Angel Down, including lead single "(Love Is) A Bitchslap". It's a rollicking cut typical of Sebastian Bach: a tale of a late-night cruise, a trip around town with nasty attitude in tow, looking for trouble. The vocalist co-directed the performance clip for the lead single, and it's vibrant, too ? concert footage of a wild and charismatic Bach in top form, dominating the stage, and keeping a packed house spellbound. The astonished looks on the faces of adoring audience members testify to Sebastian Bach?s enduring magnetism. He hasn't lost a step: he's better than he's ever been.

We are incredibly excited to have the opportunity to work with Jack Ponti and Greg Edgerton at Merovingian Music to bring you this fierce new clip. You know how much we cherish working with artists with New Jersey roots and we?re thrilled to add Sebastian Bach to that list. The folks at Merovingian have been kind enough to hook us up with plenty of copies of Angel Down and tons of super-sized Sebastian Bach posters for all of your on-air giveaway needs, so please don?t hesitate to be in touch if you?d like to get your hands on some copies. If you need more info, call Andy Gesner at 732-613-1779 or e-mail us at HIPVideo@aol.com. You can also visit www.MerovingianMusic.com, or www.SebastianBach.com to find out more about Sebastian Bach.

Visit Get Off My Bach/MRV/Caroline/EMI Visit Sebastian Bach

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:43:04 PM »

well it could be, but to believe rumors of late that they ca't find a way for marketing, I'll say fall.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:48:06 PM »

If Bach is going to be in the video than I think its safe to assume "Sorry" will be one of the singles

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:49:24 PM »

To see bach's vid, It's not even synch with BAZ BAND and stuff, that's badd but it's cool anyway to see something

And it's not even the Angel down version of Love is.....
it's the old demo but just mastered and stuff
gav
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 05:56:38 PM »

shit I know nothing about the site this 'info' is posted on.

Should we take a blind bit of notice? Or could it be legit?
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 05:58:29 PM »

I e-mailed the staff concerning the spring release idea and this was the reply that I got:

So there you have it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:36:10 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 07:30:36 PM »

So they basically made some shit up. Well, at least they manned up and admitted it.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 07:47:03 PM »

I think he is saying that Bach's team CONFIRMED the rumors about the Spring release....happens every year so we'll see what happens.
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:23:56 PM »

And it's not even the Angel down version of Love is.....
it's the old demo but just mastered and stuff

The video is a live performance

EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 09:59:16 PM »

Well, April Fools Day is a Tuesday this year.  Hmmmmmmmm.......

Smiley
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:03:45 PM »

I'll believe Chinese Democracy is being released as soon as I see an official announcement from the label.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 10:06:31 PM »

I'll believe Chinese Democracy is being released as soon as I see an official announcement from the label.

Agree with that 100%. No matter what any news paper, website, email, person says, I won't believe it until its officially announced to be released and in store and in my hands.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 10:13:44 PM »

True enough, but obviously some people have a lot invested and can't "just let it go".
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 10:24:54 PM »

I really can't be bothered with another Sebastian/Axl/CD rumor..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 10:46:20 PM »

I e-mailed the staff concerning the spring release idea and this was the reply that I got:

So there you have it.

oh god.  Axl never PROMISED anything.   He said it was not a promise.  Undecided
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 11:10:08 PM »

does anyone else think that this whole G'n'R thing is kinda like a bad movie that never fucking ends?

Thank You bucketfoot for emailing and getting a response, saved alot of bullshit threads from beings started. Btw, wasn't there word a while ago saying that the cut of Sorry with Bach on it wouldn't be released on CD?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 11:40:29 PM »

oh god.? Axl never PROMISED anything.? ?He said it was not a promise.? Undecided

I know, people are "silly". But atleast they cleared up the situation. I'm grateful for that.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »

So there you have it.

oh god.? Axl never PROMISED anything.? ?He said it was not a promise.? Undecided

Isn't it AMAZING how often that word comes up, when he specifically stated that he wasn't making a promise ! ? ! ?  ! ?   Roll Eyes
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 03:14:07 PM »

I know, people are "silly". But atleast they cleared up the situation. I'm grateful for that.

Yeah pretty much said OF COURSE WE JUST MADE IT UP!!!  rofl
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 01:23:55 AM »

"People who talk, don't know. People who know, don't talk" I forget when Axl said that, but it pretty much says it all.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: