Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:49:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Finish CD?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Finish CD?  (Read 85203 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #380 on: January 31, 2008, 05:20:55 PM »

That's why you see so many people frustrated. Axl said they were canceling the last part of their tour to finish up the album, now it's a year later and nothing has happened.

How many times do we have to go through this? They finished the album!

He kept his word, you were not lied to about finishing the album. No matter how you twist it.

After the recording was done, several things didn't go as planned.

It's been evident for anybody who can read. It was even mentioned on gunsnroses.com last year!

If it was nothing all the time, the criticism would go away. But we're always being teased.

That's where you are wrong.

Some of you are upset about being teased and others are upset because there's no updates.

How come many of us aren't personally insulted when Baz says there's multiple albums of material?

Personally I think that's just awesome! It proves that they haven't "just" been working on one album like some of you like to claim.

You, you're insulted because Baz is teasing you....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ben Derhover
« Reply #381 on: January 31, 2008, 11:18:58 PM »

If it was nothing all the time, the criticism would go away. But we're always being teased.

That's where you are wrong.

Some of you are upset about being teased and others are upset because there's no updates.

/jarmo

I guess some people are upset about there being no "official" news and other people are upset over the endless "teasing" that happens. But I don't know what is to be upset about? If there is no official statement to make then there is no official statement to make. And can you really blame people like Sebastian for mouthing off about the amazing GNR material that has been recorded? Gee, even if the teasing has been given a thumbs up from Axl himself, then at least we know he is keeping us hooked for a reason - Chinese Democracy is coming out! When? Who really knows? But it is.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #382 on: February 01, 2008, 03:15:34 AM »

Grr. I don't think the majority of people (me included) have posted that much 'shit' about this band. I haven't once personally attacked the band or anyone associated with them, I've attended and throroughly enjoyed the concerts, bought Tommy's album, bought the HTGTH T-Shirt and told my friends how much I like the new music.

I was talking about certain fans in general, not you personally.

My apologies if you felt targeted.

The only thing I can see from a person that enjoys GNR immensely is there has been a lot of talk about new music but no official output. For a LONG time. So I don't really see why its so 'bad' to ask 'how are things going'?

Wondering how things are going isn't bad in itself, it's just the bitching that comes with it that gets very boring in my opinion.

As I said, I personally still believe that as soon as the plans are finalized and things are sure to happen, we'll get news.

/jarmo

Fair dinkum  ok

I just think its weird that for a band that is so desperately trying to release their 'debut' album, an album that could potentially be a make or break for them, they aren't using the fan base as well as they could to help their cause.

Here today...ready to rock
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #383 on: February 01, 2008, 11:01:26 AM »

That's why you see so many people frustrated. Axl said they were canceling the last part of their tour to finish up the album, now it's a year later and nothing has happened.

How many times do we have to go through this? They finished the album!

He kept his word, you were not lied to about finishing the album. No matter how you twist it.

After the recording was done, several things didn't go as planned.

It's been evident for anybody who can read. It was even mentioned on gunsnroses.com last year!

Oh, yippy skippy! The album is done. Or so we've heard from unconfirmed sources. For all the good it's done, great. The album is finished, yet no release date! Great!  And the record company apparently doesn't think it's good enough to release (have you heard what is passible for being released these days!? Ugh!) or they don't think it will make enough money with the state of the business today. That's just awesome. As long as GNR fulfilled their promise of finishing the album!

For the record, to me and a lot of other folks, a finished album is an album that is released. Not an album that Sebastian Bach said is done.

Do you think GNR is the only band that has things go wrong during recording? Unplanned stuff happens all the time for all kinds of bands, but they still manage to release albums.

I'm not trying to rag on GNR, but there are always vague excuses as to why they didn't make it to this or that show, or why the album isn't out, and why it's not their fault. I'd like to see the band for once nut-up, be men and say "This was completely our fault, we're sorry" about anything. Ever.  But it always someone else's fault, or some universe-spanning conspiracy, or usually just some vague allusions about legality or something.

Honestly, I'd just like to see the album on store shelves. I think the material we've heard is strong (honestly, some of the best lyrics Axl has ever written for ANY album!), I think the band is great, I want nothing but the best for them and I think if the album can get released, it's going to do nothing but help the legacy of GNR.  That's what I want. I want the legacy of GNR to be strong, and not the joke it's become among non-fans in recent years.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #384 on: February 01, 2008, 11:14:51 AM »

Oh, yippy skippy! The album is done. Or so we've heard from unconfirmed sources.

This is amusing. So when the news is good, you're pointing out that it's "unconfirmed sources".

When it's something negative, the source doesn't matter?  hihi

People who actually know something have said it. Sebastian Bach was on tour with GN'R in 2006 and 2007.

He's not some journalist who met Axl 18 years ago!

For all the good it's done, great. The album is finished, yet no release date! Great! 

Yeah, for so long I read about how upsetting it was not to have any updates. Now you know it's done and you're still not happier?

And the record company apparently doesn't think it's good enough to release (have you heard what is passible for being released these days!? Ugh!) or they don't think it will make enough money with the state of the business today. That's just awesome. As long as GNR fulfilled their promise of finishing the album!

Your try at humor isn't funny. It's just sad.

You're the one who basically implied that you were lied to regarding Axl canceling shows to finish the album.

Do you think GNR is the only band that has things go wrong during recording? Unplanned stuff happens all the time for all kinds of bands, but they still manage to release albums.

I guess you love all the other bands as much as GN'R then?

Since they're all so alike.....

I'm not trying to rag on GNR, but there are always vague excuses as to why they didn't make it to this or that show, or why the album isn't out, and why it's not their fault. 

So that's it? You want to be able to point fingers.....

Would it make you feel better?

Regarding GN'R being a joke. Certain fans are helping in that department.

When non-fans read about GN'R fans protesting this and that, obviously that only strengthens their perception about GN'R being "a joke". One look at a GN'R "fan site" and you see people posting about how much it sucks to have no new album and how much it sucks that they didn't play this or that song live.

It's up to you to decide what side of the fence you're on.

I know which side I'm on. Always been.

I get attacked for it by people who'll be first in line saying "we knew you could do it, we always believed, we never doubted you!" once the album is out......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #385 on: February 01, 2008, 11:25:05 AM »

I'd like to see the band for once nut-up, be men and say "This was completely our fault, we're sorry" about anything. Ever.

In fact, and correct me if I'm wrong, perhaps it would be more accurate to say that what would really make your day would be for Axl to apologise to you for running his life the way he wants to and not the way you think he should?  Because, in all honesty, I think a lot of the frustration shown by yourself and others of the same frame of mind, is due to a lack of understanding and/or acceptance of how Axl has always tried to remain true to himself and not compromise his art to satisfy the needs and desires of others.  Supporting a creative genius such as Axl isn't only about the good times, there are bound to be dark places to visit too, but the rewards when they come are all the more sweeter for this and I'm looking forward to that day with more hope now than I've had in many a long year during his struggle to re-build the band.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #386 on: February 01, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »

I'd like to see the band for once nut-up, be men and say "This was completely our fault, we're sorry" about anything. Ever.

In fact, and correct me if I'm wrong, perhaps it would be more accurate to say that what would really make your day would be for Axl to apologise to you for running his life the way he wants to and not the way you think he should?  Because, in all honesty, I think a lot of the frustration shown by yourself and others of the same frame of mind, is due to a lack of understanding and/or acceptance of how Axl has always tried to remain true to himself and not compromise his art to satisfy the needs and desires of others.  Supporting a creative genius such as Axl isn't only about the good times, there are bound to be dark places to visit too, but the rewards when they come are all the more sweeter for this and I'm looking forward to that day with more hope now than I've had in many a long year during his struggle to re-build the band.

Excellent point.

People want to have things their way.

Whatever fits their needs.

/jarmo

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #387 on: February 01, 2008, 11:53:46 AM »

Excellent point.

/jarmo

I think a lot of GNR fans have to adopt to the bands needs - even when they're quite awkward - e.g. going on stage 2-3 hrs late - therefore it wouldn't harm GNR to give a little more. In my opinion it should be a two way relationship, give and take, otherwise GN'R might aswell exist only for their own satisfaction and not a commercial outfit.

Here today...ready to rock
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #388 on: February 01, 2008, 12:01:41 PM »

Excellent point.

/jarmo

I think a lot of GNR fans have to adopt to the bands needs - even when they're quite awkward - e.g. going on stage 2-3 hrs late - therefore it wouldn't harm GNR to give a little more. In my opinion it should be a two way relationship, give and take, otherwise GN'R might aswell exist only for their own satisfaction and not a commercial outfit.

We should all consider ourselves lucky, obsessed Nirvana fans will never get new music.

Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #389 on: February 01, 2008, 12:17:17 PM »

Excellent point.

/jarmo

We should all consider ourselves lucky, obsessed Nirvana fans will never get new music.
I dont think nirvana fans are the only obsessed ones !  Wink
We at least get somthing every year sinice 2004.  ok

Thanks Giant Robot...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #390 on: February 01, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »

I would be careful about putting the blame on fans as to where GNR sits in the public's eye. 

Oh really?

Where do you think the media finds their stories?

I didn't blame all fans, I said "certain fans".

Same goes for the fans who rioted at shows. Are you saying those fans helped GN'R's image too?

Fans are not responsible for the situation we're now in.

They're responsible for their own actions.

You can't blame your parents for everything that's wrong with you. Just like you can't blame GN'R for everything.  Wink

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #391 on: February 01, 2008, 12:46:52 PM »

It's cold I think GNR is to blame.
Cds don't sell nowadays guess that's GNR's fault. 
some GNR fans are so rude. The band is responsible for their behaver.

Is a rock band supposed to be almighty?

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #392 on: February 01, 2008, 01:51:17 PM »

Just like you can't blame GN'R for everything.

/jarmo

I would be careful about putting the blame on fans as to where GNR sits in the public's eye.  I personally don't think that this band is a joke, but if I were a non-fan, I'd be inclined to see the situation as ridiculous based on the missed/canceled/late shows, the 15 years its taken the band to put out one album, the revolving door of band members, and Axl's erratic behaviour (eg. biting a security guard's leg) then on a few fans posting a gripe here and there.  Most of my friends (non-fans) find it amazing that anyone would continue to support a band that has done so little, in their eyes, to warrant such support.  But to each their own. 

Quite simply, if Guns has fans turning on them, personally, they only have themselves to blame.  Fans are not responsible for the situation we're now in.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. That's all I'm saying. I think it's funny that you can't criticize GNR, even when the criticism is coming from the fact that you love the band and the new music and want to see it be successful, without Jarmo getting on your case about how we "can't blame GN'R for everything."

Hell on this board, you can't blame them for ANYthing. Not for canceling shows, not for missing shows, not for taking a decade to put out an album. If Axl forgot to wear pants to his next performance, it would be someone else's fault.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #393 on: February 01, 2008, 02:10:28 PM »

Not for canceling shows, not for missing shows, not for taking a decade to put out an album. If Axl forgot to wear pants to his next performance, it would be someone else's fault.

Didn't axl flat apologize for canceling four 2006 shows in his letter?
If I see anyone forgetting to wear pants, I will have more sense than to pick at it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #394 on: February 01, 2008, 02:16:41 PM »

Hell on this board, you can't blame them for ANYthing. Not for canceling shows, not for missing shows, not for taking a decade to put out an album.

Does it make you feel better?

/jarmo

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #395 on: February 01, 2008, 03:53:01 PM »

I would be careful about putting the blame on fans as to where GNR sits in the public's eye. 

Oh really?

Where do you think the media finds their stories?

/jarmo

I'm confused.  Most negative articles written about GNR deal with the album delays, volatile tours, coming and going band members.  I don't recall a lot of stories that deal with negative vibes found on message boards.   I seriously doubt that GNR would be treated better from the media if only its fans weren't so negative.

I'm sure there are plenty editors out there that tell their staff to pass on the album costs and delays and focus on the 'loss of faith' permeating through GNR message boards.  Wink

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #396 on: February 01, 2008, 06:04:02 PM »

I'm confused. 

I understand.

Did you ever heard or read about a radio DJ repeating "exclusive news" that you had already read on a message board?

Most negative articles written about GNR deal with the album delays, volatile tours, coming and going band members.  I don't recall a lot of stories that deal with negative vibes found on message boards.   I seriously doubt that GNR would be treated better from the media if only its fans weren't so negative.

I didn't mean it that way.

Imagine that you're a journalist writing a story. You obviously know that negativity sells (when was the last time you saw a positive Britney related headline?).

So you browse some fan sites and see a lot of whining.

Do you think A: "Those people look happy, I must be wrong in writing this garbage" or B: "Look, even their fans think they suck!"?

Some time back a fan site shut down in protest of the "lack of updates". Normally a fan site shutting down doesn't really make the news on the Internet.

But in this case, they could tie it into their usual GN'R bashing, so it did.

Now you can call me paranoid and whatever else. But please prove me wrong.

When the fans have the same opinion as the "general public" about GN'R, what makes the fan different from average Joe?

This isn't personally aimed at you, but why should you be treated like a "real fan" when you're doing the same thing average Joe is doing? Bashing GN'R.

Just because you have all the cds that makes you special? But in reality you're being as supportive as the guy who hasn't any GN'R cds.....

Another example. Line up three people.

A: I love GN'R and support them no matter what
B: GN'R is a joke! They suck!
C: I went to see them, but they're a joke. Release the album!

Which one would you pick out to be the fan?

I guess it doesn't make sense either.....

/jarmo

G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #397 on: February 01, 2008, 06:30:21 PM »

Just because you have all the cds that makes you special? But in reality you're being as supportive as the guy who hasn't any GN'R cds.....

Another example. Line up three people.

A: I love GN'R and support them no matter what
B: GN'R is a joke! They suck!
C: I went to see them, but they're a joke. Release the album!

Which one would you pick out to be the fan?

I guess it doesn't make sense either.....

/jarmo
Hm... only 3 categories? Really?

I'd like to add a fourth, if you don't mind..

4.] I love GNR and support them, but not getting updates is annoying(at best) and I admit that they make mistakes.

Now.. am i wrong for adding that? Does that make me a "hater" now? Roll Eyes

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #398 on: February 01, 2008, 06:40:33 PM »

You obviously didn't get the point. Next!

/jarmo

G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #399 on: February 01, 2008, 06:47:26 PM »

Maybe not, but i'm just kind of tired of listening to you bitch as much as the rest of the "haters" that you yell at.

You tell people to not go off subject and to not say crap to each other, but you do the very same thing.  ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: