Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 06:59:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Finish CD?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Finish CD?  (Read 85374 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #340 on: January 30, 2008, 11:35:02 PM »

Believe what you want. You know what I meant by creative "artistic" control which allowed him to bring in numerous producers and such. And according to documented proof by Axl, the only time they told him to go back was once. Anything else is speculation on your part, if I go by your logic. You are the one who's speculating on what happened behind closed doors. Not me. It was said several times that the label was tired of his bullshit, funding was cut, and I'm in no position to say that that's a lie.

If you want, believe whatever floats your boat. beer

For the record, I have said several times there is a good possibility that the label could be putting together a killer marketing plan, or figuring out how to market it properly. I have no idea why they're not releasing it. What I have been saying is that the idea that they somehow created a monster because Axl was unable to control himself and cared not for his obligations, is complete bullshit.

Many musicians have "creative artistic control" in terms of writing their own material.  That's the way it should be.  But, if the songs that the artist feels are appropriate for release are not allowed to be released, then they don't really have control.   And "documented proof" are you referring to that says they only told Axl to go back with the band and re-record only once?

The label didn't create a monster.  They fed it and let it get bigger and bigger.  I see an analogous situation with the steroids situation in Major League Baseball.  When Senator George Mitchell released his report, he layed blame on the players and the League.  The players for using and the League for not acting sooner to stop the problem from becoming so widespread and out of control.  I feel the label's role in the out of control funding and to some extent the delays in releasing the record is similar to the League in the baseball steroids situation.

Ali
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #341 on: January 31, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »

Believe what you want. You know what I meant by creative "artistic" control which allowed him to bring in numerous producers and such. And according to documented proof by Axl, the only time they told him to go back was once. Anything else is speculation on your part, if I go by your logic. You are the one who's speculating on what happened behind closed doors. Not me. It was said several times that the label was tired of his bullshit, funding was cut, and I'm in no position to say that that's a lie.

For the record, I have said several times there is a good possibility that the label could be putting together a killer marketing plan, or figuring out how to market it properly. I have no idea why they're not releasing it. What I have been saying is that the idea that they somehow created a monster because Axl was unable to control himself and cared not for his obligations, is complete bullshit.
 And "documented proof" are you referring to that says they only told Axl to go back with the band and re-record only once?

Ask shotgunblues1978, he'll point you to it.

The label didn't create a monster.  They fed it and let it get bigger and bigger.  I see an analogous situation with the steroids situation in Major League Baseball.  When Senator George Mitchell released his report, he layed blame on the players and the League.  The players for using and the League for not acting sooner to stop the problem from becoming so widespread and out of control.  I feel the label's role in the out of control funding and to some extent the delays in releasing the record is similar to the League in the baseball steroids situation.

Ali

If it was truley a problem, then it was Axl's responsibility to seek treatment for this strange problem he apparently had. Or someone close to Axl should have told the label that Axl had this problem and couldn't handle anymore money, and to stop supporting him.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 12:04:59 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #342 on: January 31, 2008, 08:20:44 AM »

With no news and no cd or tour in sight this band gets more disappointing and embarrassing by the day.  It has really become pathetic. 

OH NO ssssssssh don't speak of that stuff 'round these places!
 rofl

I think at the end of all this it will be " Chinese Democracy : The Greatest CD that never was ".

Just go away already.

We really don't need your "truths" here.

If you didn't fucking realize it already, you've missed the point of this site.

Now I see the same people pointing fingers and trying to be funny in two threads.

You don't like the situation? Fine. Move on.

None of you has ever managed to answer me the question regarding what all this does to your life? All the blaming and pointing fingers. Does it make you feel good?

Most of us know that the situation is like this and we can't do anything about it. If you don't think it's coming out, then leave.

You're the kind of people nobody wants at a party. Always trying to ruin the mood and bring everybody down with your "truths".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 08:26:29 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #343 on: January 31, 2008, 09:06:52 AM »

Jarmo, do you think Chinese Democracy is going to be released this year? Is it as close as we have been to it being released? Not being condesending, just asking for your personal thought on it.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #344 on: January 31, 2008, 09:40:10 AM »

Jarmo, do you think Chinese Democracy is going to be released this year? Is it as close as we have been to it being released? Not being condesending, just asking for your personal thought on it.

Assuming it will eventually be released (and I don't think there's any way it won't...the question is how long), every day that passes we're "closer than ever to it being released".  It's just the nature of the passage of time. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #345 on: January 31, 2008, 10:23:28 AM »

Assuming it will eventually be released (and I don't think there's any way it won't...the question is how long), every day that passes we're "closer than ever to it being released".  It's just the nature of the passage of time. Smiley

Good point. But besides that, 2007 was the year when it was finished. Not "almost finished", not "nearly done" etc.

In my opinion, it would've been out already if it was just up to GN'R.

So obviously I think they'll get it out in 2008.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:27:47 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #346 on: January 31, 2008, 10:30:34 AM »

Good point. But besides that, 2007 was the year when it was finished. Not "almost finished", not "nearly done" etc.

In my opinion, it would've been out already if it was just up to GN'R.

So obviously I think they'll get it out in 2008.

/jarmo

That's cool. I like seeing significant points still being made on this site rather than fanboy fodder. I know my last couple of post have been deleted because all I really said was "Awesome" or "Damn" etc.

Either way, just like most of you guys I want to see CD released this year, and though Jarmo's logic is simple... it's nice to see that there are still optimists among us. I am optimistic, but only because there's alot of money riding on it and it serves no purpose unless it's made avaliable to the consumer.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:32:21 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #347 on: January 31, 2008, 10:42:54 AM »

I know you all love analogies, so here's one:

Think of this as a big cruise ship. Occasionally the ship is out of its course, but in the end we know we'll get to the next destination.

While most of us know that we're off-course, we don't just fucking whine and whine about it. We know people in the crew are working on correcting it. Some of you are the opposite "oh no! We're not on course! Why can't we go to that place where all the other cruise ships go? Everybody else is going there! Look at that Bon Jovi cruise ship!".

Sometimes you hit bad weather, sometimes there's technical difficulties, sometimes you can't leave the port on time because the people working there have made an error, sometimes you have to sail through bad weather because the other alternative is worse etc.....

But some of you are happy pointing fingers at the ship's crew without knowing anything about what's going on.

I guess now one of you will say "the captain is responsible".  Roll Eyes

But if you're that unhappy, nobody is stopping you from disembarking the ship!

ok

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #348 on: January 31, 2008, 10:52:35 AM »

the number, '8' is always with GNR.  Cool

This thread is about if GNR has finished the album. Yep too bad that the label is delaying it seems but
the completion is confirmed.

Why not offer words of cheer for the band?
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #349 on: January 31, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »

Think of this as a big cruise ship. Occasionally the ship is out of its course, but in the end we know we'll get to the next destination.

While most of us know that we're off-course, we don't just fucking whine and whine about it. We know people in the crew are working on correcting it. Some of you are the opposite "oh no! We're not on course! Why can't we go to that place where all the other cruise ships go? Everybody else is going there! Look at that Bon Jovi cruise ship!".

Sometimes you hit bad weather, sometimes there's technical difficulties, sometimes you can't leave the port on time because the people working there have made an error, sometimes you have to sail through bad weather because the other alternative is worse etc.....

But some of you are happy pointing fingers at the ship's crew without knowing anything about what's going on.

ok

/jarmo

I love Analogies so much, i thought i would post! For the first time in ages.

The real reason i am posting though is because i love Jarmo.  love
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #350 on: January 31, 2008, 11:08:30 AM »

ok

/jarmo

Like it or not, that's some funny shit (and a very appropriate analogy). However...

Technically, the captain is responcible for the ship and it's cargo, he also goes down with the ship. Being in the marine industry I will say that not all ships make it to port, but I have faith that this one will because the cargo is far too valuable.

Let it be known the Shipping Company is the Label, and the Captain would be an employee of the Label, Axl is the cargo owner... the cargo's fate is out of his hands, more than anything he just wants it to arrive safely.

Damn Jarmo, I'm impressed. That is a very well thought out analogy. I could continue typing because it actually works on many levels but I digress. Either way Kudos.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 11:15:19 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #351 on: January 31, 2008, 11:11:35 AM »

Technically, the captain is responcible though, he also goes down with the ship.

As we have seen in the past, people have tried to sink it.

/jarmo

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #352 on: January 31, 2008, 11:18:43 AM »

Technically, the captain is responcible for the ship and it's cargo, he also goes down with the ship. Being in the marine industry I will say that not all ships make it to port, but I have faith that this one will because the cargo is far too valuable.

Either that or someone will find CD at the bottom of the ocean in 100 years?   Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #353 on: January 31, 2008, 11:28:27 AM »

Either that or someone will find CD at the bottom of the ocean in 100 years?   Undecided
IF they had started to work on chinese democracy in 3000bc. remember Oh My CS's dog year.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #354 on: January 31, 2008, 11:34:09 AM »

ok.  not whining. but a bit scared. allowed to be if you`re thinkin about the titanic. the ship metaphor has first been mentioned by finck on his website, by the way.

axl's the captain, and the record company doesn't allow him to sail: hm, so the ship can't even sink right now. at least nobody's left so far out from the shore that he can't find his way back to his malibu home. sticking to the analogy: being afraid is something for the future, not the presence.

Technically, the captain is responcible though, he also goes down with the ship.

As we have seen in the past, people have tried to sink it.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 12:02:49 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #355 on: January 31, 2008, 11:35:13 AM »

IF they had started to work on chinese democracy in 3000bc. remember Oh My CS's dog year.

Sorry, think I've missed something... Dog Year?

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #356 on: January 31, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »

And "documented proof" are you referring to that says they only told Axl to go back with the band and re-record only once?

Ask shotgunblues1978, he'll point you to it.

Ali

If it was truley a problem, then it was Axl's responsibility to seek treatment for this strange problem he apparently had. Or someone close to Axl should have told the label that Axl had this problem and couldn't handle anymore money, and to stop supporting him.

I really have no idea what you are referring to in that last bit.  I'm not implying that Axl had any kind of mental or emotional issue complicating the release of this record.

Bottom line:  The label could have protected themselves and excised themselves from this out of control situation by cutting off funding sooner.  There is no way in hell it should have taken the $13 million barrier being crossed for them to realize that this situation was out of control.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #357 on: January 31, 2008, 11:48:46 AM »

Oh My Choking Soul's dog year
meaning: you've said my post count must have reached to 666 in the year 666(ad) .
A year for you must be like a month for us.  Cheesy
he ship metaphor has first been mentioned by finck on his website, by the way.

what did robin say?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #358 on: January 31, 2008, 11:48:55 AM »

ok

/jarmo

Sorry Jarmo I see where you are coming from but I don't completely buy this.

Normally a crew or passengers will be aware of not only the destination but also the course they are headed and an estimated time of arrival. When the ship goes off course, the captain will update the crew as to the exact nature of the problem, what needs to be done to resolve it and how it will affect the ETA. Its the same with good project management - you have a critical path and if it goes off course you replan and revise your completion date.

Whilst I agree that whining doesn't achieve anything, the lack of communication is generally what drives people insane. Before you refer 'recording is done' or to some bizarre comment made by the bands spokeswoman well thats fine but we still don't know what Axl's intentions are. Why is that so hard to share with people? I think that supporters of the band are probably a lot more understanding than some people think.

Here today...ready to rock
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #359 on: January 31, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »

Before you refer 'recording is done' or to some bizarre comment made by the bands spokeswoman well thats fine but we still don't know what Axl's intentions are. Why is that so hard to share with people?

Why is it any of our business until he, and the band, want to tell us?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: