Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:30:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Finish CD?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Finish CD?  (Read 91971 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2008, 03:21:08 PM »

If you believe its done, how could the whole scenario turn to be the same thing as the past years?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »

It's perplexing why if the label is the hold-up that Axl wouldn't want an update to be issued.  I know I would be jumping up and down screaming that it isn't my fault this time! 

hihi maybe because it isn't his fault this time?

he said we will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

I'd expect to see no official update on cd but about the imminent release date.
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2008, 08:13:25 PM »

I dunno about you guys but since the news dropped that it is finished and turned in, I have stopped listening to the new songs that were leaked. I figure I don't want to be listening to the album for the first time and be trying to spot how the polished ones are different from the leaks (as I suspect many people on this board will be doing). I just want to listen to it and be blown away.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2008, 08:26:42 PM »

I dunno about you guys but since the news dropped that it is finished and turned in, I have stopped listening to the new songs that were leaked. I figure I don't want to be listening to the album for the first time and be trying to spot how the polished ones are different from the leaks (as I suspect many people on this board will be doing). I just want to listen to it and be blown away.

i agree
i want to be able to blast it off my deck,in the summer.im hopin by then something more then leaks.

the one an only horsey !
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2008, 09:50:39 PM »

Maybe we should start a "look forward to CD Thread" maybe thats Dead Horse material, but I think that it's a step forward if anything. Personally, I can't wait to hear 'Chinese Democracy' and 'Better'. I really dig those songs. And of course I look forward to Ron's fretless on 'Chinese'.  Smiley
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2008, 03:49:58 AM »

Maybe we should start a "look forward to CD Thread"

I like your positivity! Although I think this would be better once they release some more information about the album (e.g. artwork/tracklisting). However some part of me would like all of this to be kept a surprise until the day of the release.

Here today...ready to rock
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2008, 01:11:36 PM »

Maybe we should start a "look forward to CD Thread" maybe thats Dead Horse material, but I think that it's a step forward if anything. Personally, I can't wait to hear 'Chinese Democracy' and 'Better'. I really dig those songs. And of course I look forward to Ron's fretless on 'Chinese'.  Smiley

That thread needs to wait until we get a definitive release date...which in itself would be a step forward.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2008, 07:47:36 PM »

METAL' MIKE CHLASCIAK: GUNS N' ROSES 'Is Capable Of Totally Turning Rock Around' - Jan. 25, 2008

Michael O'Brien of Australia's The Metal Forge recently conducted an interview with guitarist "Metal" Mike Chlasciak (PAINMUSEUM, HALFORD, SEBASTIAN BACH). A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

On touring with GUNS N' ROSES for nearly a year:

"I think it has to do with us really liking what we do because it's our excitement. You've seen the fans and in L.A., L.A.'s seen everything so when we play our shows and the fans are so into it we get excited by it. We're kind of like a bunch of little kids who can't wait to go and play really! Sebastian's [Bach] like a 14 year old boy who never grew up. We just don't really know anything else. There's nothing else I would really want to do outside of it so for me it's just like this is how I keep going you know?"

"GUNS N' ROSES are one of the greatest bands of all time. They are a band that is capable of totally turning rock around. Even though now heavy metal and hard rock are really big they could be responsible for making things big. They have a huge dedicated fan base. The other thing that has blown me away about them is that the kids are so young you know? Most of these kids weren't even alive when 'Appetite for Destruction' came out!"

http://www.themetalforge.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1419

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #248 on: January 26, 2008, 02:08:39 PM »

Thanks for the article Smiley
It's hard to accept them as Guns N' Roses
It's a good thing the band don't consist of drunken junkies imo. I don't even care about the name, it means nothing.

It was cool, hype and all that before but it's was so stupid in retrospect. I see some wan't Guns'Roses to be listpop, whatever matters for them.
I'm just gonna be happy if I like the music and Axl's ear-piercing sound. peace
I'd expect to see no official update on cd but about the imminent release date.
Yeah, unless something weird happens.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 02:11:21 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #249 on: January 26, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »

Could this whole "record company is fucking with us" thing be a part of the promotion?

just think about it?

what would bring even more atention to this album?! If the most awaited album turns out to be blocked by the record company!

weather they want it or not... record company delaying the album gives even more attention to this (no)release.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #250 on: January 26, 2008, 02:37:07 PM »

Could this whole "record company is fucking with us" thing be a part of the promotion?

just think about it?

what would bring even more atention to this album?! If the most awaited album turns out to be blocked by the record company!

weather they want it or not... record company delaying the album gives even more attention to this (no)release.

yeah but go google news for Guns N Roses and see what come up.  Undecided
SLCPUNK
« Reply #251 on: January 26, 2008, 02:44:18 PM »

just think about it?

I understand what you are saying, but I think the attention is only created inside the hardcore fans.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2008, 02:44:52 PM »

just think about it?

Wow, do I hope not.  It's time to let the music speak for itself and put the never-ending asinine rumors and speculation to rest, you know (I'm saying this in general, and not in response to your specific post)?  Personally, I feel that any sort of finger-pointing or fanning-of-flames from either side only further undermines what the band has been working to accomplish the past few years - touring, finishing the album(s), etc.  I don't want a commemorative box set, a re-recorded AFD, or a souvenir T-shirt.    I just want to hear the new music that has been 13+ years in the making.   beer
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2008, 10:46:13 AM »

well... most likely it's not... because, if history has thought us anything... when there's something bad happaning,... it's not a part of a master plan... it's actually something bad happening.

but either way... although it's not been talked much yet... wait a few days, and the internet portals will be exploding.
all it takes is for Hard Rock/Classic Rock to relay the news, and every possible portal (including the www.birdwatchersonline.com ) will be publishing it.

now... IMO there's some chance this is a part of the promotion, or at least an attempt by the band to put a pressure on the record company.
we've known that the band has been negotiating/renegotiating since jan2006... and that the album was finished last year...
They've keept quiet for so long... why all of the sudden this outburst of information? There's a reason for it. Hopefully we'll know what it is... soon.

in the end... planned or not... it's a good asset for future promotion. all it takes is someone with minor marketing talent to use it. Hopefully the band finds someone who'll know how to use all of the mystique/intrigue/ of the album to use it. 
it would be a shame to let all of these assets created over the years go to waste.

This latest event is something that could create a lot of buzz... it's only a matter of finding someone who could put it to good use.

I'm just afraid, that as always... this will turn out to be a fussnote in the history of the band...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #254 on: January 28, 2008, 04:14:18 PM »

Eddie Trunk host of "Friday Night Rocks" in NYC on Q104.3 (NYC, NJ, LI, CT) has updated his blog on Guns N' Roses, about the now infamous Chinese Democracy album. Eddie Trunk has posted the following on his blog:

"I hear the new G&R CD is actually done, but the delay in release is not the bands issues but the label. There is so much money tied up in this record that in today?s business it will be virtually impossible to be profitable, meaning the label might want to sell it off but can not find a buyer since nobody buys CDs anymore. Problem might not be Axl (rose) this time around and might keep this CD in limbo for more years to come. Hopefully it gets resolved."

"I?ve heard rumors that maybe the album was finished, and it was actually handed-in, I guess it could be true. I do find it believable that Geffen or Interscope is the one holding back the album. There have been artists on that label whom have had their albums pushed back and delayed for odd reasons. Resulting in many artists leaving the label, so this is nothing new."

Geffen Records or a representative were not immediately available to comment on the report.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2008, 04:18:27 PM »

Same stuff has been said before by different people, nothing new that we hadn't previously known.

Undecided
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #256 on: January 28, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »

we the fans should buy it.  lol rofl just need 20 million or so... drool

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #257 on: January 28, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »

Eddie Trunk host of "Friday Night Rocks" in NYC on Q104.3 (NYC, NJ, LI, CT) has updated his blog on Guns N' Roses, about the now infamous Chinese Democracy album. Eddie Trunk has posted the following on his blog:

"I hear the new G&R CD is actually done, but the delay in release is not the bands issues but the label. There is so much money tied up in this record that in today?s business it will be virtually impossible to be profitable, meaning the label might want to sell it off but can not find a buyer since nobody buys CDs anymore. Problem might not be Axl (rose) this time around and might keep this CD in limbo for more years to come. Hopefully it gets resolved."

"I?ve heard rumors that maybe the album was finished, and it was actually handed-in, I guess it could be true. I do find it believable that Geffen or Interscope is the one holding back the album. There have been artists on that label whom have had their albums pushed back and delayed for odd reasons. Resulting in many artists leaving the label, so this is nothing new."

Geffen Records or a representative were not immediately available to comment on the report.

People focus so much on how much money has been invested into the forthcoming albums, but forget how much income has been generated from previous albums.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 04:39:09 PM by Mysteron » Logged
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #258 on: January 28, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »

People focus so much on how much money have been invested into the forthcoming albums, but forget how much income has been generated from previous albums.

Very nice to have you back.  We're always in need of some perspective around here.    beer   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2008, 04:47:52 PM »

People focus so much on how much money has been invested into the forthcoming albums, but forget how much income has been generated from previous albums.

Exactly.

You don't sell about 80+ million albums and not make any money...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: