Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:56:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Finish CD?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Finish CD?  (Read 85070 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #400 on: February 01, 2008, 06:49:07 PM »

You tell people to not go off subject and to not say crap to each other, but you do the very same thing.  ok

Wonder why? When the same group takes over yet another thread to be about how GN'R "should just release the album"...

If they'd stop that same old routine, maybe I wouldn't have to keep reminding them? Did you ever think about that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #401 on: February 01, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »

You tell people to not go off subject and to not say crap to each other, but you do the very same thing.  ok

Wonder why? When the same group takes over yet another thread to be about how GN'R "should just release the album"...

If they'd stop that same old routine, maybe I wouldn't have to keep reminding them? Did you ever think about that?

/jarmo

Thats fine and good and all, but why do what they do? I mean seriously, if you leave well enough alone they will go away. It's the argument that they get off on, they love when people take the bait and say crap back to them.

Look, you do a great job on the forum, and if these "haters" were at all right about you deleting posts and shit then obviously you'd delete there bullshit instead of responding, i'm just saying don't bother argueing with people who want to be argued with.

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #402 on: February 01, 2008, 07:07:21 PM »

/jarmo

Thats fine and good and all, but why do what they do? I mean seriously, if you leave well enough alone they will go away. It's the argument that they get off on, they love when people take the bait and say crap back to them.

Look, you do a great job on the forum, and if these "haters" were at all right about you deleting posts and shit then obviously you'd delete there bullshit instead of responding, i'm just saying don't bother argueing with people who want to be argued with.
True !
Jarmo u should just close the theard or ban them just dont argue with them wasting your time because that what they want and they get a buzz out of seeing u post long answers so they can repley with some dumb comment.
We all know that u try to keep this site clean because people very close to the band come on here, but it would be better to silence them and make it seem they dont exist.

Thanks Giant Robot...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #403 on: February 01, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »

Oh great.  Now we're having a bullshit argument about whether or not bullshit arguments should be allowed.  lmao

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2008, 09:32:54 PM »

/jarmo

Excuse us for having a fucking opinion. I don't see myself as a "Hater." I only want the album because I love the band and I want to see it's legacy grow, not shrivel up and die. Without the album, that's what WILL happen. That's what is happening.

Jarmo, you do a great service to the GNR fandom. You have the best GNR page, the best forum, but to say that people that just want the album aren't real fans, or we hijack discussions, or whatever, that's not fair. Hell, look at the title of this thread "GNR Finish CD?" What do you and the other people who are sick of us asking for the album think is going to happen with a thread like this? It demands a discussion about the release of the album.

I understand your feelings of loyalty to Axl. I share them. But sometimes what's best for someone you care about isn't just agreeing with and justifying everything that someone does. That's leading them down the path of personal destruction.

It seems that GNR fandom has three divisions. The first, is the fans like you who support and defend the band no matter what. It is admirable, but leaves people wondering ... why are you so devoted?

The second is the guys like me. I'll be first in line in my town to buy the new album. But I'm part of a group of fans who have been burned by GNR, who've supported the band for years past it's peak of popularity, who want to believe in the band, who care about the legacy, who want the band to succeed, but can identify more and more with the third type of fan ...

The third type of fan, well that's the GNR fan who couldn't give a shit about the album, the next tour, who the new guitarist or drummer is. That's the fan that GNR has lost forever. The ones that view it as an impotent cover band, incapable of reaching the heights of the old band. They've moved on, and they're not coming back. Not unless the album is released and it is fucking fantastic ... and even then they'll probably download it illegally or copy a friend's. They don't come to your forum, or check for updates, or even keep up on it anymore ... and their numbers are growing.

So while the number 1 and number 2 types of fans may butt heads over how to best support the band, you have to admit that it's better for me to be a cynical fan than not a fan at all. Shutting us out isn't going to help the GNR fan base, it's going to hurt it.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2008, 09:51:15 PM »

Why the fuck do people keep telling Jarmo how to run things. If he wanted your opinion he would ask. I come here once a day to see what's up and every time I have to navigate through Jarmo do this Jarmo do that bullshit. Start you own GN'R forum if you guys thing this one is Nazi Germany, otherwise Hail Jarmo and shut up... DAMMIT!

Sometimes this honestly feels like a Fuck with Jarmo forum. Like people start accounts just to provoke him.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 09:52:46 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2008, 10:13:26 PM »

Why the fuck do people keep telling Jarmo how to run things. If he wanted your opinion he would ask. I come here once a day to see what's up and every time I have to navigate through Jarmo do this Jarmo do that bullshit. Start you own GN'R forum if you guys thing this one is Nazi Germany, otherwise Hail Jarmo and shut up... DAMMIT!

Sometimes this honestly feels like a Fuck with Jarmo forum. Like people start accounts just to provoke him.

That wasn't my intent. I was just voicing my opinion. I don't think I told him how to do anything. In fact, if you'd read my post, you'd know I told him I think he does a great job. He does do a great job. I was just stating that shutting us out because we disagree isn't going to help GNR or the site, but it was just my opinion. I wasn't telling him how to run the site, just expressing my opinion.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #407 on: February 05, 2008, 01:19:36 AM »

I disagree with a lot of things too. I wished the music to be more in the direction of The Prodigy and years without new music is getting old...
But it's nothing to whine about, it's just how it is. peace

Now the CD is done and in the hands of the company. Lets hope things sort itself out fast from here.
Another thing, think twice before posting if you spend a lot of time on the forum.

You notice it doesn't really mean anything and all in all just have something exiting to look forward too.
Hell on this board, you can't blame them for ANYthing. Not for canceling shows, not for missing shows, not for taking a decade to put out an album.
No, but you can request snowblowers (Axl owes his fans that) and isn't that a great thing? Cheesy
Imagine that you're a journalist writing a story. You obviously know that negativity sells (when was the last time you saw a positive Britney related headline?).
I am reacting against that too.
And then people turn into disgusting vultures "I will pray for Britney" and letting out hatred of the worst kind.

I feel those news-stories is intended for a certain group of people, the people who made witch-burnings and holocaust possible.
For me it would be better if you could be selective of the posters instead of the news-stories.

And of course. I apology if someone takes offense of my opinion. It's not ment to be belittling anyone Smiley

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
emanc93
Banned
Headliner

Here in hell tomorrow in.....

« Reply #408 on: February 06, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »

If GNR would release an album by now there would be a lot less b.s arguments

Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #409 on: February 06, 2008, 07:10:41 PM »

True !
But we dont know why it hasent come out yet, Also i rather wait to have a prefect album then have some arss half attempt like contraband !  Tongue

If that means we have to argue about it then it doesnt bother me, because i am gald we have something to argue about ! When everything could of been different if beta and close freinds of axls didnt help him though his difficult patch !

Overall be gald that there somthing to argue about !

Now that been positive !  Grin  Wink  Tongue

Thanks Giant Robot...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #410 on: February 07, 2008, 09:33:43 AM »

The third type of fan, well that's the GNR fan who couldn't give a shit about the album, the next tour, who the new guitarist or drummer is.

So, not really a fan at all then!

Regarding the 'Pulse of Radio' article, common sense screams at me to simply dismiss it as another example of the ongoing, unsubstantiated rumour-mongering that follows GNR everywhere, and let's face it, has done since the band first sprang into existence.  And, after two decades of supporting Guns, I should know better than to pay this kind of tabloid-style reporting any heed, nor should I be surprised by the level of intellect displayed by some of the people who've posted comments on Blabbermouth.

However, accuse me of being soft-hearted and over-sensitive if you must, I won't deny it, but I was acutely saddened by the vitriol directed towards Axl by those people who posted on the site.  I don't pretend to understand their mentality and why they seem to revel in such spitefulness and, it hardly needs saying that I find their anger and scorn entirely misdirected, and yet I can't shake the nagging feeling that some of them would probably consider themselves a fan of GNR; and that I find incomprehensible.

My conclusion is that this PoR/B'mouth report is just another piece of tittle-tattle (riddled with inaccuracies, incidentally), and it's main achievement has been to provide those so inclined with another stick with which to beat Axl.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #411 on: February 07, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »

My conclusion is that this PoR/B'mouth report is just another piece of tittle-tattle (riddled with inaccuracies, incidentally), and it's main achievement has been to provide those so inclined with another stick with which to beat Axl.

I tend to agree with you, and those comments made regarding Axl and the new band being trash and he should give up are stupid and pathetic. Though I find it odd that the report of this article was deleted from this thread and so was the link... whats up with that? Roll Eyes

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #412 on: February 08, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »

True !
But we dont know why it hasent come out yet, Also i rather wait to have a prefect album then have some arss half attempt like contraband !  Tongue

If that means we have to argue about it then it doesnt bother me, because i am gald we have something to argue about ! When everything could of been different if beta and close freinds of axls didnt help him though his difficult patch !

Overall be gald that there somthing to argue about !

A perfect album? Whats that? That is all opinion. There are going to be people whol love it, like it, and  hate it. The fact that it is taking 100 years to release this album has no bearing on the quality of content. Whos to say that it would not have been great being released 1 year after the SI? This is just another of many excuses for not being able to produce a finished product.

Now that been positive !  Grin  Wink  Tongue

A perfect album? Whats that? That is all opinion. There are going to be people whol love it, like it, and  hate it. The fact that it is taking 100 years to release this album has no bearing on the quality of content. Whos to say that it would not have been great being released 1 year after the SI? This is just another of many excuses for not being able to produce a finished product.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #413 on: February 08, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »

me. agree that nothing is 'perfect' but Your supposition is nonsense. it couldn't be released then. No way it could have been chinese democracy.
like afd can't be released now.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #414 on: February 08, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »

This topic (that is, the original topic) seems like perfect FAQ material.

Is it safe to say that this question has an answer?
If not, couldn't the most significant evidence (quotes) be collected in the FAQ so that the reader can form their own opinion. One of those quotes seems to be embargoed here... is it possible to get an answer to this question directly (without ambushing anyone!)?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #415 on: February 08, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »

It's done.

More than one person who should know has stated this.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #416 on: February 08, 2008, 09:14:39 PM »

The more important question would be: Is the CD handed in?

IMO, the answer is no. For whatever reason. I'm sure it's ready to go though.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #417 on: February 08, 2008, 11:34:36 PM »

You know, the way things disappear around here makes this question understandable, but haven't pretty high ranking memebers of the GNR camp confirmed CD has been turned in, or are we the only ones on the planet not supposed to know that?

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #418 on: February 09, 2008, 12:47:35 AM »

You know, the way things disappear around here makes this question understandable, but haven't pretty high ranking memebers of the GNR camp confirmed CD has been turned in, or are we the only ones on the planet not supposed to know that?

High ranking members have stated that it was finished meaning recording (Del) and mixed and mastered (Baz, others) and ready to go however no one has stated that it has been turned into the record company. Just going from general logic, if it were turned into the record company, that'd mean that it'd probably immediately enter production and be geared for release.

Since that hasn't happened, they questions presented are: 1. Why? and 2. When?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #419 on: February 09, 2008, 12:59:56 AM »

High ranking members have stated that it was finished meaning recording (Del) and mixed and mastered (Baz, others) and ready to go however no one has stated that it has been turned into the record company. Just going from general logic, if it were turned into the record company, that'd mean that it'd probably immediately enter production and be geared for release.

Since that hasn't happened, they questions presented are: 1. Why? and 2. When?

Thats what I thought

Nearly everyone on here, and gnr fans in other forums in general
are of the ASSUMPTION that Ax has handed the cd into the record label,

If that was the case, then wouldn't their be some news from either parties,

or if you choose to believe their is problem with the marketing issues of the album,
It leads me to think,
that why Would Axl hand it into a record label that "pressumably" has no idea how to market it/ waiting for the best time (which is a long) time
for when the record market is making high profits again,
Axl wouldnt be stupid to dump his decade+ years of work to someone who is just going to sit on it,
I think he might be shopping around and talk to some other venues to achieve a release

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: