Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:02:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR Finish CD?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Finish CD?  (Read 85171 times)
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 10:20:15 PM »

I think a 60 Minutes thing would do well for people still thinking that former members are going to rejoin. It'd let Axl tell his side of things, the frustration of releasing CD, and build some bridges with the press all the while getting some good face time.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 10:22:28 PM »

He can't do this because GNR is still under contract.

This is the same reason they can't "pull a radiohead"

Im surprised that Axl never got his own label and could just release it ?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 10:45:35 PM »

Axl does/did have his own label... Uzi Suicide...
 ok

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 11:29:49 PM »

a 60minutes interview would be really good imo. I agree fully with Bucketfoot on this one because it would make Axl look good and Slash and the rest of them look like the assholes (for the time being) depending on how Axl portraid them in his side of the story.

as for the release, Geffen i think is a little leary of putting anymore money into CD because after all this time and all this money if it fails they're fucked. But they're going to have to relise that they need to spend at least a good one or two million on advertising. adds on the internet and TV like myspace and MTV would be a smart investment. Something else that Geffen could do is put on Axl as a punishment type of thing for taking so damn long have him pay half for advertising. I mean, why not he's got the money he wants his work out there as much as the fans so why not?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2008, 01:42:21 AM »

he wants his work out there as much as the fans so why not?

Wow...   Shocked   no offense but,

If he wanted his work out there as much as the fans do we'd have had 2 or 3 new GNR albums at least by now after all this fucking time.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »

60 minutes? lol, yea right.  Tongue
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2008, 04:06:02 AM »

I don't think Axl will ever do a show again, unless it's with Kurt Loder for some short interview.  The record company just needs to get smart and start using gunsnroses.com to get this thing rollin.....
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2008, 05:11:10 AM »

I think that if there're rumours, an official information will soon come out. At least that's what happens recently.

"...It don't really matter..."
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2008, 05:34:27 AM »

Rick says on 7/Jan/08
Don't know if you've heard Glenn. But rumor is that Axl is in a pissing match with the label over marketing funding. It's at a stalemate now and the album is nowhere in sight until one side caves in.
glenn says on 8/Jan/08
thats what i heard in the late summer rick.its true.

source: http://www.celebheights.com/s/Axl-Rose-1189.html

He informed us that the album was in the label before Bach, Mysteron and Fortys (fortus)

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2008, 09:12:28 AM »

he wants his work out there as much as the fans so why not?

Wow...? ?Shocked? ?no offense but,

If he wanted his work out there as much as the fans do we'd have had 2 or 3 new GNR albums at least by now after all this fucking time.
Fans are greedy, not that this hasn't been an extremely long wait, but it'll come out when it's good and ready.  Sure they could've released 3 albums in the time it has taken to finish up this one, but if those 3 albums were substandard would it really have been worth it?  Just saying, I've seen other bands rush out CD's when they probably could've waited awhile and gotten some better work out there.  For example, St. Anger by Metallica seemed like they got together and threw something together in a matter of days.  And it sucked, at least IMHO.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »

I believe it's the artist who wants their best work out there more than anyone else.

Rick says on 7/Jan/08
Don't know if you've heard Glenn. But rumor is that Axl is in a pissing match with the label over marketing funding. It's at a stalemate now and the album is nowhere in sight until one side caves in.
glenn says on 8/Jan/08
thats what i heard in the late summer rick.its true.

source: http://www.celebheights.com/s/Axl-Rose-1189.html

He informed us that the album was in the label before Bach, Mysteron and Fortys (fortus)

i don't see  that in the quote?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »

ok

I think Uzi Suicide was a Geffen company
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2008, 09:37:38 AM »

First of all, marketing in today's day and age is completely different than a few years ago.? How do you sell a rock album in this day and age?? MTV doesn't play videos anymore.? Rock radio is on the decline.? How else do you get people to listen?

Just look at the top 100 year-end charts.? Only 20 of the artists on the chart are rock artists (alternative, classic, etc).?

Here are the 20 best selling rock artists:? The Eagles, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Daugherty, Beatles, Maroon 5, Hinder, Fall Out boy, Fray, Bruce Springsteen, RHCP, Killers, Snow Patrol, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, 30 Seconds To Mars, Paul MacCartney, Bon Jovi, My Chemical Romance, Incubus, White Stripes.? Pretty much all these bands have gone platinum in 2007.? Why were they successful?

Having good music doesn't mean anything anymore.? You need exposure.? You need for your songs to be in commercials.? You need your songs to be used during sporting events.? You need your songs to be used in TV shows like Grey's Anatomy (and with no new shows being made...that's a huge setback).? You need to be featured in stores where albums are sold (best buy, kmart, walmart).? You need to be featured on itunes. You need the music blogs to be talking about you (in a positive way).? Or the celebrity blogs to talk about you...in any way.? you need to do the talk show circuit (morning and late night).? You need to do interviews with magazines.? you need to be a guest judge on American Idol. You need the American Idol contestants to cover your songs.? You and your music need to be everywhere.?

Making good music today is secondary.

When was it different? ok, instead of blogs, magazines... even though the delivery media has changed, the routine is still the same
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2008, 09:44:40 AM »

First of all, marketing in today's day and age is completely different than a few years ago.  How do you sell a rock album in this day and age?  MTV doesn't play videos anymore.  Rock radio is on the decline.  How else do you get people to listen?

Just look at the top 100 year-end charts.  Only 20 of the artists on the chart are rock artists (alternative, classic, etc). 

Here are the 20 best selling rock artists:  The Eagles, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Daugherty, Beatles, Maroon 5, Hinder, Fall Out boy, Fray, Bruce Springsteen, RHCP, Killers, Snow Patrol, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, 30 Seconds To Mars, Paul MacCartney, Bon Jovi, My Chemical Romance, Incubus, White Stripes.  Pretty much all these bands have gone platinum in 2007.  Why were they successful?

Having good music doesn't mean anything anymore.  You need exposure.  You need for your songs to be in commercials.  You need your songs to be used during sporting events.  You need your songs to be used in TV shows like Grey's Anatomy (and with no new shows being made...that's a huge setback).  You need to be featured in stores where albums are sold (best buy, kmart, walmart).  You need to be featured on itunes. You need the music blogs to be talking about you (in a positive way).  Or the celebrity blogs to talk about you...in any way.  you need to do the talk show circuit (morning and late night).  You need to do interviews with magazines.  you need to be a guest judge on American Idol. You need the American Idol contestants to cover your songs.  You and your music need to be everywhere. 

When was it different? ok, instead of blogs, magazines... even though the delivery media has changed, the routine is still the same

I don't think it's exactly the same.

Back when MTV was the only medium to get your video shown, you got your video on rotation on MTV and you were pretty much done. People would see it sooner or later.

Today it seems that there's no easy way to get the same amount of people to see your video.

Just an example of how I think things have changed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2008, 09:58:26 AM »

ok
false
his label it's called Black Frog, Slash and Duff owns Uzisuicide

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
elmir
VIP

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »

Back when MTV was the only medium to get your video shown, you got your video on rotation on MTV and you were pretty much done. People would see it sooner or later.

Today it seems that there's no easy way to get the same amount of people to see your video.

/jarmo

its even easier nowdays.
one just has to think a little bit more....
as opposed to MTV being the only medium, now you have hundreds more.....

only difference is that artists and their management have to work a little bit harder at the moment, as opposed to sending a tape to MTV and sitting back whilst the success rolls in all by itself....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2008, 10:08:27 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7180448.stm

With all the hype and controversy over the Radiohead In Rainbows, it seems to have worked.  BBC reports the CD release has topped the US Billboard.  Food for thought maybe.....  yes
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2008, 10:13:01 AM »

First of all, marketing in today's day and age is completely different than a few years ago.? How do you sell a rock album in this day and age?? MTV doesn't play videos anymore.? Rock radio is on the decline.? How else do you get people to listen?

Just look at the top 100 year-end charts.? Only 20 of the artists on the chart are rock artists (alternative, classic, etc).?

Here are the 20 best selling rock artists:? The Eagles, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Daugherty, Beatles, Maroon 5, Hinder, Fall Out boy, Fray, Bruce Springsteen, RHCP, Killers, Snow Patrol, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, 30 Seconds To Mars, Paul MacCartney, Bon Jovi, My Chemical Romance, Incubus, White Stripes.? Pretty much all these bands have gone platinum in 2007.? Why were they successful?

Having good music doesn't mean anything anymore.? You need exposure.? You need for your songs to be in commercials.? You need your songs to be used during sporting events.? You need your songs to be used in TV shows like Grey's Anatomy (and with no new shows being made...that's a huge setback).? You need to be featured in stores where albums are sold (best buy, kmart, walmart).? You need to be featured on itunes. You need the music blogs to be talking about you (in a positive way).? Or the celebrity blogs to talk about you...in any way.? you need to do the talk show circuit (morning and late night).? You need to do interviews with magazines.? you need to be a guest judge on American Idol. You need the American Idol contestants to cover your songs.? You and your music need to be everywhere.?

/jarmo

Yeah, but i still find that that only changed the delivery... Put a now GNR video on YouTube and check out how many hits there would be... Of course the delivery affects the marketing operations a bit, i suppose i wasnt that clear about this, but i think its still the same formula...
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2008, 10:16:33 AM »

nowadays there's youtube Smiley that's how most people watch new videos... that's how i watched sebastian bach's new video. mtv sure wouldn't play it, and i'm not gonna see mtv that soon either.

the best way to market a cd nowadays is out of a label company. with radiohead, prince, madonna and NIN, among others, getting away from record labels i don't see why axl would wan't to be tied to one to promote his cd...

perhaps it's because he can't just get away from them at this point after all they invested on the damn cd... so i say just tour and put it out on itunes... the name guns n roses sells by itself... that's why shitty ass greatest hits still sell a billion today.

Chinese Democracy!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »

Yeah, but i still find that that only changed the delivery... Put a now GNR video on YouTube and check out how many hits there would be... Of course the delivery affects the marketing operations a bit, i suppose i wasnt that clear about this, but i think its still the same formula...

I bet it would get hits, but would the people who buy the cds see it there?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: