Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:05:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's clothes - pics & questions
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's clothes - pics & questions  (Read 226334 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #220 on: January 05, 2008, 12:40:28 PM »

which axl wore on rock am ring on the welcome to the jungle

can somebody help me,where can i buy that kind of jacket?

big thanks
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2008, 04:09:23 AM »

^^Yeah....I don't like this either.. drool .He wore this one all the time last year(in Greece too!) hihi rofl
I can't stand it either, he wore it at RIR 06.  It does nothing for him at all.  I think the vest and the shirt are sewed together.  Dreadful designer pick!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2008, 04:10:26 AM »

D-Squared for one.

I like when he wears those. I think he needs to cut back on the Old Man S&M clothing though, I'm specifically referring to the open gray thing he wears during shows, as someone else said "he looks like a pervy grandpa when he wears that." The t-shirts and button-ups look great, I think if he stuck to those he wouldn't have been voted the World's Worst-Dressed Man by Esquire.

Agreed.

He should lose the vests he wears on stage - they are awful and make him look fat.? Undecided

Also get rid of these ugly shoes he wears, especially the red ones (what is he thinking? Huh)
I love those red shoes some of my faves.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2008, 01:35:42 PM »

^^Yeah....I don't like this either.. drool .He wore this one all the time last year(in Greece too!) hihi rofl
I can't stand it either, he wore it at RIR 06.  It does nothing for him at all.  I think the vest and the shirt are sewed together.  Dreadful designer pick!!

I quite like the style. the peasant look or whatever.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2008, 05:06:22 PM »

I can't stand it either, he wore it at RIR 06.? It does nothing for him at all.? I think the vest and the shirt are sewed together.? Dreadful designer pick!!

I quite like the style. the peasant look or whatever.
I never really thought of it that way!!! Maybe it is just that I am not so used to that look on Axl.  I probably sounded pretty critical without really meaning to, just wasn't my favorite pick thats all.  Its funny how we each see something so differently!!

alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: January 07, 2008, 02:56:04 AM »

Ok, dont take this too seriously but i have to say....... do you people in here who talk about axls clothes and how he looks and what he is wearing etc.... do you realise that one of the great things about GNR and also bands like the sex pistols and nirvana, the stones and so on... one of the great things about them is that they are totally anti fasion and they dont give a toss what they wear or what people think of them.  SO all this talk about how they look by people who pretend to know about GNR are just missing the pont all together.............I mean HELLO.... the guy wears whitew bike shorts pn stage and black leather kilt, now i ask you, do you really think these people give a crap what is in, or what is popular?Huh  What do you think axl or any of the boys would say if they read in here about all those of you who are all tied up in what they wear???  In my very humble opinion they would say....."these people just dont get it do they, they are missing the point all together."  I think Sid Vicious would say the same, or perhaps he would just throw his empty bottle at you whilst spitting somewhere in your direction.

To summerise......as successful as GNR may have been, the fact is they are a bunch of scumbags who drank, did copious amounts of drugs and played fantastic god dam rock and roll......

To use axls words....."Don't hail me and don't idolise the ink..."               

Forget what he wears and listen to what he says, and listen to the music he plays and the music he grew up with, who knows what you may find?HuhHuh
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #226 on: January 07, 2008, 02:59:53 AM »

Ok, dont take this too seriously but i have to say....... do you people in here who talk about axls clothes and how he looks and what he is wearing etc.... do you realise that one of the great things about GNR and also bands like the sex pistols and nirvana, the stones and so on... one of the great things about them is that they are totally anti fasion and they dont give a toss what they wear or what people think of them.  SO all this talk about how they look by people who pretend to know about GNR are just missing the pont all together.............I mean HELLO.... the guy wears whitew bike shorts pn stage and black leather kilt, now i ask you, do you really think these people give a crap what is in, or what is popular?Huh  What do you think axl or any of the boys would say if they read in here about all those of you who are all tied up in what they wear???  In my very humble opinion they would say....."these people just dont get it do they, they are missing the point all together."  I think Sid Vicious would say the same, or perhaps he would just throw his empty bottle at you whilst spitting somewhere in your direction.

To summerise......as successful as GNR may have been, the fact is they are a bunch of scumbags who drank, did copious amounts of drugs and played fantastic god dam rock and roll......

To use axls words....."Don't hail me and don't idolise the ink..."               

Forget what he wears and listen to what he says, and listen to the music he plays and the music he grew up with, who knows what you may find?HuhHuh

yea look at those anti-fashion nutbags

thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2008, 03:11:08 AM »

there is a reason why axl's wardrobe draws so much attention these days.  i believe it's because it's downright, pretty sweet.  there is a tendancy for people to want to mimic what is considered "cool."  nothing wrong with that.  it just so happens that in axl's case, his look has always been pretty original.  even today- while some may argue jeans and a blazer are nothing new- his choice of colors, jewelry add-ons, hairstyle, "fit," all in one pair, are unique. 

Rapture
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2008, 03:36:18 AM »

Axl looks and dresses totally Mint now.

So it is worth mentioning.

Image and rock n roll go hand and hand

what are u talkin about?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2008, 05:18:02 AM »

Axl looks and dresses totally Mint now.

So it is worth mentioning.

Image and rock n roll go hand and hand
what are u talkin about?

It didnt in the 01/02 era,

although I do agree, and I thnk axls chosen fashion the last few years is really good for the most part...
Although sometimes his corn rows are to colourful for my likeing, he should make it look more natural, and not have
bright red/ gold etc colours

but hey, ho

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2008, 05:58:24 AM »

Ok, dont take this too seriously but i have to say....... do you people in here who talk about axls clothes and how he looks and what he is wearing etc.... do you realise that one of the great things about GNR and also bands like the sex pistols and nirvana, the stones and so on... one of the great things about them is that they are totally anti fasion and they dont give a toss what they wear or what people think of them.

Do you remember that Axl was pictured for an insertion in a well known italian fashion magazine ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2008, 06:46:16 AM »

... the fact is they are a bunch of scumbags who drank, did copious amounts of drugs

So, in your opinion, someone who likes to party is a "scumbag". Roll Eyes? If that is the case, then, include me in that group.  beer

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2008, 06:56:28 AM »

The irony is that the whole "I don't care about image" thing is actually an image thing.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2008, 07:32:52 AM »

... the fact is they are a bunch of scumbags who drank, did copious amounts of drugs

So, in your opinion, someone who likes to party is a "scumbag". Roll Eyes? If that is the case, then, include me in that group.? beer

Me too please peace

The irony is that the whole "I don't care about image" thing is actually an image thing.

So true Grin

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2008, 07:42:59 AM »

Thing thing that makes GNR's, and every other cool rock band's image cool is the fact that its not contrived,
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2008, 07:47:13 AM »

damn you ?Wink i was supposed to say that ?yes

this topic is way more gay then talking about what axl wear rofl

i'm sure axl wear whatever he thinks looks cool ?and always have done that

the guy who started this topic does he think it's still 1988 or what?
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2008, 08:18:42 AM »

Anti fashion? Check out old UYI footage, GN'R weren't exactly coming off te street and hitting the stage. They were indeed spending as much time on their look as KISS took time to put on the Kabuki make up.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2008, 08:33:48 AM »

damn you ?Wink i was supposed to say that ?yes

Hmm Yeah...? What are you wearing?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2008, 11:41:52 AM »

Ok, dont take this too seriously

I don't.  quite funny but not everyone is pwn3d.

the bands you named were all fashionable and image conscious.
the sex pistols were made in a boutique called 'sex' at the time.

and forget what sid wore /looked like and listen to what he said, and listen to the music he played (after pistols), who knows what you may find?
RIP

nevertheless if the songs hadn't been powerful, the punk clothing wouldn't have been the fashion in the first place.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2008, 11:46:24 AM »

Hmm Yeah...? What are you wearing?

I'm wearing a red and black striped GNR t shirt and ripped jeans.. thank for asking but why the fuck are you asking?? rofl
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: