Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:21:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?  (Read 81095 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2008, 10:04:35 PM »

Well it looks like STP is going ahead anyway...

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS To Headline ROCK ON THE RANGE Festival - Feb. 11, 2008

As widely expected, the reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS have been confirmed as the headliners of the Rock on the Range festival, set to take place May 17-18 at the Columbus Crew Stadium in Ohio. The band's participation in the event is expected to be officially announced tomorrow (February 12).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=90518

I say wait and see what happens and it all affects VR.  I'm curious to say the least.

I wonder what this means for VR.  After all, Weiland is going to need some rehearsal time with STP to get back in the groove.

Ali
elmir
VIP

« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2008, 06:05:07 AM »

I wonder what this means for VR. 

you know what...regardless what some on here may think of Scott....he is the biggest victim in this gnr/vr fiasco, and i am very happy for him that this has come up....he has done nothing but support his bandmates, tolerated constant gnr/axl comparisons, insults form his current bandmates (Sorum), and still managed to stay as objective as possible....the naughty letter to Axl aside...but i think he was merely doing that to keep vr in shape, when even he was doubting slash's intentions....

good for him....i hope stp get back together and make tons of cash on this reunion tour....he was being fucked over by slash who just wanted to be the glory boy again, and who wasn't really interested in making legendary music...he'd prefer to have his own solo gig....and he should do it...

i wonder if this stp selling out concerts is making sorum eat his own words.....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #242 on: February 12, 2008, 09:14:48 AM »

Is STP selling out concerts?  Not yet I don't think.  I do think they'll do well though, if it indeed does happen.  Which will in a way make Sorum eat his words.  However, in his defense, I think he was more comparing an STP reunion with a GNR reunion.  I think that would dwarf an STP reunion, but it ain't gonna happen and in the same breath I think both would be larger than a VR tour.  Velvet Revolver just didn't catch on with the masses, they never even became as popular as Audioslave.  Don't get me wrong, I like'em, it just didn't work out quite as I envisioned or hoped.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #243 on: February 12, 2008, 01:32:06 PM »

Matt comments on Scott's rehab...

As for Weiland's condition, VR drummer Matt Sorum told EW.com that Scott is "doing okay" in treatment. "He checked himself in to rehab," Sorum said on Saturday at Clive Davis's pre-Grammy party. "Scott took the initiative to get in there. Nobody forced him, and that's a good thing. You see shows on TV, like Intervention, but until you're really ready to get clean and sober, you're going to do what you're going to do. It could have gone the other way, but he decided he needed to take care of business so he's down there taking care of himself." Weiland entered a rehab facility immediately following VR's L.A. show at the Wiltern Theatre on Feb. 8.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/02/scott-weiland-d.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: February 12, 2008, 07:06:18 PM »

Well it looks like STP is going ahead anyway...

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS To Headline ROCK ON THE RANGE Festival - Feb. 11, 2008

http://www.stpontour.com/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2008, 08:10:01 PM »

well, im not sure why it got deleted...but apparantly DUFF is resurecting Loaded

LOADED, the band formed by current VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan (on guitar and vocals) after he left GUNS N' ROSES, is currently working on a new, yet-to-be-titled studio album, to be released in the summer, with tours to follow.

LOADED was formed in 1999 and has morphed several times, releasing two albums: 1999's "Live Episode" and 2001's "Dark Days". The group's current lineup includes drummer Geoff Reading (NEW AMERICAN SHAME, GREEN APPLE QUICKSTEP), bassist Jeff Rouse and guitarist Mike Squires (both formerly of ALIEN CRIME SYNDICATE).

VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash recently told Billboard.com that he is ready to make the group's third record sooner rather than later, hoping to avoid the two-and-a-half year gap between the band's 2004 debut, "Contraband", and last year's sophomore effort, "Libertad". The band is touring until April, and the guitarist said that they're likely to hit the studio right after that. "I'm really jazzed about doing it," he said. "I've, you know, been working on new ideas, and had a couple times where the guys all got together and worked on some stuff. I'm itching to see what this third record's gonna be, 'cause I think it's gonna be awesome, and I think that we don't need to necessarily spend two years on the road like we did last time."

Slash said that the group did not have any songs in finished form, but only basic ideas and arrangements.

VELVET REVOLVER's exact recording plans for its third effort could be affected by singer Scott Weiland's recent announcement that a reunion of his previous group, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, was on tap for later this year.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »

I think even MTV is getting confused... Cheesy

Feb 12 2008 8:56 PM EST

On Monday, STP announced that they were scrapping their upcoming concerts in Australia in light of frontman Scott Weiland's return to rehab. ...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1581390/20080212/juvenile.jhtml

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2008, 12:39:16 AM »

rofl rofl  That's pretty bad.  MTV sucks, anyway. 

I'm still confused about the Loaded thing.  Some people are talking like Duff has something to do with it.  I'm not so sure he does, right now.  Loaded still exists and probably are releasing a record & doing a tour, but that doesn't mean it has anything to do with Duff, anymore.  Anyone know anything different? 
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2008, 10:48:12 AM »

I believe there was another thread about Loaded at some point.  The conclusion was that they were touring this year but Duff was no longer involved.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2008, 12:58:01 PM »

More STP dates...

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, POISON, TESLA and BOSTON are among the confirmed bands for the Rock Fest 2008, set to take place July 17-20 in Cadott, Wisconsin.

Blabbermouth.net

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »

More STP dates...

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, POISON, TESLA and BOSTON are among the confirmed bands for the Rock Fest 2008, set to take place July 17-20 in Cadott, Wisconsin.

Blabbermouth.net

I would love to see tesla and boston and poison are worth seeing.  Not a "bad" band on that bill at all!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2008, 03:26:27 PM »

Boston!  Yeah!

(It's been almost a year since Delps' suicide, RIP.)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »

For what it's worth, Duff posted the other day on the VR fan site and said VR is still his main priority, and Loaded would not interfere-he said he simply likes to multi task

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »

From Classic Rock Magazine...

Monday February 11, 2008

And as 'Borgs' said in his comment on Friday, the big rumour doing the rounds at the moment is that VR singer Scott Weiland has been fired.

If this is true - unless Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and that other bloke have a ready-made replacement waiting in the wings - it will mean the band's UK tour won't go ahead as planned on March 15.

Velvet Revolver are also scheduled to make a prestigious appearance at the Dubai Desert Rock Festival on March 8.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/page/classicrock?entry=velvet_revolver_cancel_oz_dates

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #254 on: February 16, 2008, 01:37:45 PM »

More STP dates...

Blabbermouth.net

Update from Blabbermouth:

{Note: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS's name has now been removed from the official Rock Fest web site.) Huh

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #255 on: February 16, 2008, 05:09:35 PM »

More STP dates...

Blabbermouth.net

Update from Blabbermouth:

{Note: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS's name has now been removed from the official Rock Fest web site.) Huh
Really, and the plot thickens.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #256 on: February 16, 2008, 06:35:24 PM »

It's still there.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »

It's still there.

Where?  http://www.rock-fest.com/

Blockbuster Rock Fest Lineup!

GETTING EXCITED FOR ROCK FEST 2008?

Click here for your VIP tickets and camping for 2008!

Boston
The Wallflowers with Jakob Dylan
Jackyl
Three Days Grace
Poison
Ligion
Tesla
Live
Switchfoot
Plain White T's
Vic Ferrari
These artists are in no particular order.
A schedule of concert days and times will be assembled soon.

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2008, 01:52:11 PM »

Is that the same Boston from the 1970s?

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2008, 03:18:43 PM »

Is that the same Boston from the 1970s?

I would have to think it is.  I didn't really know they were still active.

Also, anyone think STP isn't listed because promoters are scared of advertising them with Weiland's current situation being what it is. 

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: