Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228479 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?  (Read 80659 times)
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2008, 01:44:53 AM »

Slash just doesn't strike me as the type to sit around and wait to be called by Weiland to get together because he's ready to make a third Velvet Revolver album

Exactly!  Me neither and besides "sitting around and waiting" + Slash is not a good combo
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #221 on: February 09, 2008, 12:02:05 PM »

I think people remember STP as being more important than they were Tongue

They simply weren't ... Scott's drug related shit was the main reason they got attention.  And Sex Type Thing.

I mean ... really ... guys .... they weren't that good!

One other thing ... a small handful of dates means nothing.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #222 on: February 09, 2008, 12:23:22 PM »

They simply weren't ... Scott's drug related shit was the main reason they got attention.  And Sex Type Thing.

I mean ... really ... guys .... they weren't that good!

One other thing ... a small handful of dates means nothing.

Your own opinion......and yes, yes they were were good.  Sex Type Thing, Creep, Wicked Garden, Plush, Vaseline, Interstate Love Song, Big Empty.......all mainstream hits.  The last three albums were really good and a nice depature from their standard playing.  No one cared about Scott's drug problems when STP were huge because 10 years ago the media still didn't have the raging hard on for drama that they have today.  You forget back in the 80's/early 90's EVERYONE was still on drugs and it wasn't like they hid it and pretended to be precious angels, so it was no suprise if someone got arrested...you just said, "who didn't know that." 
Today everyone acts like Mother Theresa by using the "Oh, I've had some problems, went to rehab, but I'm fine now" routine.  Fuck that.....if you're going to do drugs, do 'em.....don't waste your time or money in rehab.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: February 09, 2008, 12:24:02 PM »

That's how it appears to us in Europe, well you're in the UK (refuses to admit to being part of Europe  Wink  hihi )....

Americans disagree with us since STP was huge over there.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2008, 12:32:33 PM »

The latest rumor....

VELVET REVOLVER fires SCOTT WEILAND?

From www.MELODICROCK.com:

And...take it for what it is worth, but a source of mine is today suggesting that Scott Weilend has been fired from Velvet Revolver and is in rehab. Who knows...

We here at www.theMETALreport.com find this rumor very interesting and fitting considering Mr. Weiland is back in rehab and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS have made tour dates for this summer. Check back for more on this story.

Posted on February 08, 2008 at 06:26 PM

http://www.themetalreport.com/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2008, 02:45:27 PM »

And...take it for what it is worth, but a source of mine is today suggesting that Scott Weilend has been fired from Velvet Revolver and is in rehab. Who knows...

Wasn't that a post that was lifted off the VR message board? Are other sites running with it? That is kind of funny.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2008, 02:50:03 PM »

Wasn't that a post that was lifted off the VR message board? Are other sites running with it? That is kind of funny.

No I did not get it off of the VR message board...it does look like other sites are running with it.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »

No I did not get it off of the VR message board...it does look like other sites are running with it.

I didn't mean you lifted it; I meant that Melodi-crock lifted it. Now it has a life of it's own.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »

I didn't mean you lifted it; I meant that Melodi-crock lifted it. Now it has a life of it's own.

I don't where it originated...but the rumor is out there, I guess time will tell.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2008, 04:42:31 PM »

Now this is from the VR forum Cheesy

velvet_revolver_fan01 says

hold your horses.....all this bullshit talk can stop....an answer will be given 2nite.....if u listen to indie103.1 6-8.....i do believe mr matt sorum will be in the house!

http://www.indie1031.com/4045_Listen_Live.php?id=27

That's pacific time...we'll see. Undecided

gnr2k6
« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2008, 05:07:09 PM »

yup that was me on the vr forum.
i was with matt the other nite and said the san diego show was cancelled he was in a good mood and never mentioned anything about vr breaking up.....if they were he would have mentioned it...after mr billy duffy was with us aswell and we spoke alot about vr and the cult.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2008, 05:13:10 PM »

That's how it appears to us in Europe, well you're in the UK (refuses to admit to being part of Europe  Wink  hihi )....

/jarmo

STP was never that big....
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2008, 05:38:58 PM »

/jarmo

STP was never that big....

Were you around back then? They were huge.

yup that was me on the vr forum.
i was with matt the other nite and said the san diego show was cancelled he was in a good mood and never mentioned anything about vr breaking up.....if they were he would have mentioned it...after mr billy duffy was with us aswell and we spoke alot about vr and the cult.

Thanks for clarifying that.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2008, 06:19:27 PM »

Looks as thought Matt may be on Camp Freddy Radio tonight with Billy Morrison, let's see if the subject of Weiland/STP/rehab comes up..

http://www.billymorrison.net/weblog/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2008, 11:13:40 PM »

Looks as thought Matt may be on Camp Freddy Radio tonight with Billy Morrison, let's see if the subject of Weiland/STP/rehab comes up..

http://www.billymorrison.net/weblog/

So Matt did not show? Undecided

Nico Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2008, 10:48:55 AM »

Cool.  Cheesy

Thanks for the note. Wink
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2008, 05:48:36 PM »

From a December 2007 interview.... Cheesy

Now if you had to start from scratch Mr McKagan, and summon rock legends for your own supergroup?Velvet Revolver excluded of course?who?s getting your call?

?Wow,? Duff exclaims, taking a moment to get the wheels turning. ?That?s a great question?it?d be pretty huge. You?d have Jimmy Page in there. Jeff Beck. Probably Dave Grohl and you?d have to have John Bonham playing drums right??

Like an idiot I shriek, ? Jon Bon Jovi! Are you crazy?!? and immediately kick myself. Hard. Duff, after happily clarifying, continues, ? John Paul Jones playing bass?so it?d be three quarters of Led Zeppelin in my dream band.?

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features/11586/Velvet-Revolver-feeling-liberated.htm

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2008, 09:23:18 PM »

From Eddie Trunk's Blog 2/10/08

After the Giants victory Velvet Revolver was rolling into the same venue at the Hard Rock I watched the game in (The Joint) to play that night. Sent Slash a text that I was in town and he was nice enought to set me up with tickets and passes for the night. Had a chance to chat with Slash pre-show for a bit. He is still totally clean and sober and doing really well. Slash has been on my show a number of times and this is by far the best version of the guy and I'm glad he has kept it together. He and I hung in Vegas a couple years ago and he was a mess then, great now. He asked me how Ace was doing and we talked about the current VR tour. Plans call for a new VR CD soon after some European tour dates. VR live is a kick ass band, but still think their best CD is ahead of them. They did 3 STP tunes, 3 G&R tunes and a Pink Floyd cover, around songs from both VR albums. Looks like Weiland might also be doing some STP shows again as well.

http://www.eddietrunk.com/blogarticle.php?columns_id=1039

Undecided

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »

From Eddie Trunk's Blog 2/10/08

After the Giants victory Velvet Revolver was rolling into the same venue at the Hard Rock I watched the game in (The Joint) to play that night. Sent Slash a text that I was in town and he was nice enought to set me up with tickets and passes for the night. Had a chance to chat with Slash pre-show for a bit. He is still totally clean and sober and doing really well. Slash has been on my show a number of times and this is by far the best version of the guy and I'm glad he has kept it together. He and I hung in Vegas a couple years ago and he was a mess then, great now. He asked me how Ace was doing and we talked about the current VR tour. Plans call for a new VR CD soon after some European tour dates. VR live is a kick ass band, but still think their best CD is ahead of them. They did 3 STP tunes, 3 G&R tunes and a Pink Floyd cover, around songs from both VR albums. Looks like Weiland might also be doing some STP shows again as well.

http://www.eddietrunk.com/blogarticle.php?columns_id=1039

Undecided

That was before everything went down with Weiland going into rehab, right?  So, it seems it bit outdated to me.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2008, 09:57:58 PM »

Well it looks like STP is going ahead anyway...

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS To Headline ROCK ON THE RANGE Festival - Feb. 11, 2008

As widely expected, the reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS have been confirmed as the headliners of the Rock on the Range festival, set to take place May 17-18 at the Columbus Crew Stadium in Ohio. The band's participation in the event is expected to be officially announced tomorrow (February 12).

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=90518

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: