Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:28:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?  (Read 80653 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2008, 01:28:58 AM »

We all know Mrs. Weiland beat him up.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2008, 01:30:48 AM »

This is wild.  This has real legs now.  What will Slash and Duff do?  Hmmmm..... 

Slash might do his solo album, Duff seems content with laying low.

or maybe they'll write the next VR album while Scott is on tour with STP and depending on how that goes maybe Scott would be able to come back and do the lyrics/vocals.

First one sounds more logical , I just don't see that happening.

VR and STP can co-exist.   There is more demand for STP, but they will most likely go on tour and remember why they went on hiatus in the first place.  Those guys don't get along.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2008, 01:46:56 AM »

This is wild.  This has real legs now.  What will Slash and Duff do?  Hmmmm..... 

or maybe they'll write the next VR album while Scott is on tour with STP and depending on how that goes maybe Scott would be able to come back and do the lyrics/vocals.

VR and STP can co-exist.   There is more demand for STP, but they will most likely go on tour and remember why they went on hiatus in the first place.  Those guys don't get along.

Never crossed my mind , good idea though hmmm

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2008, 01:49:48 AM »

Touring with them is one thing, but if STP start working on a new album, as has been rumored, I think it will be the end of his tenure with VR. Possibly, the end of VR.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2008, 11:19:30 AM »

And if Scott isn't clean, then all these scenarios are probably doomed to failure.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »

OR.....they start hanging out and recording and realize that they never should have split in the first place!  I don't know man, I'm all for optimism, but this just reaks to me as the beginning of the end for Velvet Revolver -
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »

You thinking what I'm thinking!? Wink

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2008, 04:45:54 PM »

i think if stp has an album needing vocals in the can it would be amazing.

velvet revolver wouldnt be over if scott made a new stp album and toured. they could spend the time relaxing and preparing their own next album.

stp and vr can both survive.

look at APC and Tool

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2008, 10:51:09 PM »

Truthfully, I doubt it.

I think if Scott gets back together with STP, it'll be the end of VR.  Even if Scott is willing to go back to VR, I don't think the rest of the guys would want to go back.

Honestly I'd be much more happy with STP getting back together, they had the magic that VR don't, even though VR is a good band.

I'd like to see Duff, Slash and Matt get together with Izzy and do an album.. they already have one written!

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2008, 12:44:30 AM »

From the...

Speculation from inside the band's camp

It sounds like VR were not sure.

Yeah, I figured as much, but I was wondering if there were any rumors or anything else out there.

Ali

In December, some papers reported that Scott was involved in a drink driving incident, crashing his car. He had to attend court in January, which delayed the Australian tour.

War is over, if you want it.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2008, 09:00:43 AM »

Scott could be in both bands.

It worked with Tool & A perfect circle......

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »

Scott could be in both bands.

It worked with Tool & A perfect circle......

It did work for Tool & APC, but the difference is neither of those bands have someone with a persona as large as Slash's. Trust me, neither of those bands is exactly thrilled when Maynard takes a hiatus and joins the other one for awhile. Slash just doesn't strike me as the type to sit around and wait to be called by Weiland to get together because he's ready to make a third Velvet Revolver album
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2008, 11:35:22 PM »

From 411mania.com

Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver Rumors

Mitch Michaels: Rumors and pithy comments have been flying in the Velvet Revolver camp, most of them pointing to a reunion of frontman Scott Weiland's old group, Stone Temple Pilots. Weiland said that a reunion with the STP boys was eminent, while Slash went further and said that Scott would be joining STP for a tour once VR got off the road. Meanwhile, VR's Duff McKagan didn't know what the fuck was going on. Take heed Revolver fans: this is how it started with Audioslave. A one-off Rage Against The Machine reunion, and suddenly your favorite supergroup is super history.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2008, 12:30:54 AM »

From 411mania.com

Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver Rumors

Mitch Michaels: Rumors and pithy comments have been flying in the Velvet Revolver camp, most of them pointing to a reunion of frontman Scott Weiland's old group, Stone Temple Pilots. Weiland said that a reunion with the STP boys was eminent, while Slash went further and said that Scott would be joining STP for a tour once VR got off the road. Meanwhile, VR's Duff McKagan didn't know what the fuck was going on. Take heed Revolver fans: this is how it started with Audioslave. A one-off Rage Against The Machine reunion, and suddenly your favorite supergroup is super history.

Sucks but that's what I think too.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2008, 12:39:02 AM »

What the fuck. Ugh, I like Slash, Matt, and Duff together.  I like Dave too.  VR needs new singer.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2008, 10:04:45 AM »

From SignOnSanDiego.com

February 7, 2008

The Grammy-winning band, now on tour to promote its second album, ?Libertad,? plans to record its third album after singer Weiland completes a summer reunion tour with his previous group, Stone Temple Pilots.

?It won't impact Velvet Revolver,? Slash said of the reunion, ?not unless something more than that happens. Velvet Revolver is all-consuming.?

Undecided

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »

Well if STP is a  popular as they once were, which is more popular than VR today , that could be the end.  The question is, is the public clamoring for an STP reunion?  I know Matt Sorum doesn't think so.  However it doesn't seem like the public is clamoring for a follow up to Libertad either.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #217 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:36 PM »

nah nobody cares about STP anymore...and I highly doubt there are alot of STP people out there who would buy a Weiland led STP album and not a Weiland led VR album...so i dont think a STP record will outsell Libertad....they should just put Libertad behind them and make a new record...I know they have 1 record left on this contract so they have to put out something..unless they put out a live album which I would also be happy with
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2008, 03:08:16 PM »

You people are crazy if you think that a STP reunion won't get people's attention.

Hell, look at the attention that the AIC reunion got, and they don't even have the original lead singer.

I don't know if a STP reunion will last over time, but a STP reunion tour and album would be huge.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2008, 05:36:10 PM »

Just posted this in the "Velvet Revolver Tour Canceled" thread, looked around and didn't see it anywhere else...

Duff's "Loaded" MySpace page states that there will be a new Loaded album & tour in 2008.

Check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/loadedlamf
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:13:59 PM by Falcon » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: