Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:08:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?  (Read 80648 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2008, 01:34:39 PM »

After hearing Sebastian's solo album. I think he would be awesome with Slash and Duff.

lol yeah... but sebastian doesn?t like Slash and Duff anymore...

yeah he does, where have he stated that or you're making false assumptions?

lol are you sebastian?

Since he got rejected on the VR audition whenever he talks about Slash and Duff it?s always in a resentful tone. Slash even mentions that he doesn?t like him anymore in his book... There are several interviews where Sebastian talks about VR and its members in a very resentful tone (lol can?t remember any other adjective... sorry).

And you... where do you base you?re point of view?

no i'm not sebastian, i'm sorry if i said anything that made you believe that

I've read shitloads of interviews with sebastian since the promotion of angel down began and in them he has been asked about his relationship to slash, duff and axl these days.. here's a part of one of them

Q: I always stick up for the lineup when people go "It's not the true GN'R..."

Sebastian: "what's better... Slash and Duff doing STONE TEMPLE PILOTS songs? I'd rather hear Axl sing 'Welcome To The Jungle' with Tommy Stinson on bass... I love Duff McKagan, but he's busy." (Laughs)

i can't remember once that he have spoken badly about slash or duff

i haven't read slash's book but i've read a lot of shit about the book and there are plenty of errors, and how can one rather believe slash saying that baz isn't liking him when baz himself says that he likes them  Huh
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2008, 02:42:04 PM »

After hearing Sebastian's solo album. I think he would be awesome with Slash and Duff.

lol yeah... but sebastian doesn´t like Slash and Duff anymore...

yeah he does, where have he stated that or you're making false assumptions?

lol are you sebastian?

Since he got rejected on the VR audition whenever he talks about Slash and Duff it´s always in a resentful tone. Slash even mentions that he doesn´t like him anymore in his book... There are several interviews where Sebastian talks about VR and its members in a very resentful tone (lol can´t remember any other adjective... sorry).

And you... where do you base you´re point of view?

no i'm not sebastian, i'm sorry if i said anything that made you believe that

I've read shitloads of interviews with sebastian since the promotion of angel down began and in them he has been asked about his relationship to slash, duff and axl these days.. here's a part of one of them

Q: I always stick up for the lineup when people go "It's not the true GN'R..."

Sebastian: "what's better... Slash and Duff doing STONE TEMPLE PILOTS songs? I'd rather hear Axl sing 'Welcome To The Jungle' with Tommy Stinson on bass... I love Duff McKagan, but he's busy." (Laughs)

i can't remember once that he have spoken badly about slash or duff

i haven't read slash's book but i've read a lot of shit about the book and there are plenty of errors, and how can one rather believe slash saying that baz isn't liking him when baz himself says that he likes them  Huh

lol in your quote he only mentioned Duff....

If I wasn´t busy atm I´d find some quotes... for now, I can only stick to what I remember. lol and excuse me, but as a Gn´R fan I prefer believing Slash than Sebastian... Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2008, 02:44:27 PM »

excuse me, but as a Gn?R fan I prefer believing Slash than Sebastian... Wink

I don't believe Slash and I'm a GN'R fan....

I also have a hard time believing everything Duff says.... "Scott missed his plane, yeah, let?s say that, Scott missed his plane?? doesn't sound too convincing to me.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2008, 03:55:21 PM »

Happy people don't get back with former bands. Thats just how I see it. Everything really seems over in VR.  Im not likin the sound of all this.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2008, 03:56:43 PM »

lol in your quote he only mentioned Duff....

If I wasn?t busy atm I?d find some quotes... for now, I can only stick to what I remember. lol and excuse me, but as a Gn?R fan I prefer believing Slash than Sebastian... Wink

lol

well you said he spoke "recentfully" about both slash and duff so i figured finding one quote mentioning one of 'em was enough lol.....  lol yeah please find me some quotes lol where baz is talking with a recentful tone about slash and duff lol ..........  Wink

I am nothing more then a man so if you find those quotes i will stand corrected  Smiley it's not a big deal really

being a GNR fan has nothing to do with this we're all GNR fans here you know  ok .. I just think that Baz knows better/more about his feelings towards slash and duff then slash does.. i mean doesn't that make sense?
by your logic you know better how i feel about you then i nkow how i feel about you confused
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2008, 04:43:44 PM »

Happy people don't get back with former bands. Thats just how I see it. Everything really seems over in VR.  Im not likin the sound of all this.

Are you talking about Scott?  Cuz I could actually see him doing the STP thing as just a way to maybe make some extra money.  I'm not sure how successful the Libertad tour was.   It seemed like they had to do stuff like M&G to get extra cash, and Scott wasn't involved in that.   Deep down it is probably a good idea to end things on a better note with STP.  Hopefully he will go back to VR, cuz I could not stand Sebastian Bach in that group.  It would be wayyy too cheesy.   I also think they have established something with VR that would be more successful than trying to start over.  I hope that it is something that they can just talk about instead of letting all the rumors decide their fate.   Right now tho it does kind of seem to be VR band vs. Scott. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »

I guess I am old school

To me being in a band is like being married.

Playing in side projects, other bands etc is like cheating on your wife.

Thats why I hate the GNR side projects so much.

Im in a band and I'd never go off and join another band cause to me that just isn't right.

a band is a unit and should stick together regardless.

Scott rejoining STP sends the wrong message.

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2008, 05:30:33 PM »

Hopefully he will go back to VR, cuz I could not stand Sebastian Bach in that group.  It would be wayyy too cheesy. 

so you're taking for granted that if scott leaves baz will be the first guy the band will call? I wouldn't bet on that.. since they tried out and it didn't work i think they'd try someone else
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2008, 05:38:45 PM »

I agree with that, and that the breakup of a band can be just as bad as a breakup of a serious relationship.   If I had it my way,  VR would be the main priority, and there would be no solo projects, books, etc.  to interfer with them making the best record possible.    I guess they also have to keep other options open.   This could also be them having to deal with the new music scene as opposed to being old school.   Except for maybe a Slash solo album, I don't see a Scott Weiland or Duff album being nearly as successful as VR.  I think at this point, there is potential, but it may also have to be one of a few things going on, in order for them to really be successful.   I'm starting to see VR as an amazing band that some ppl just didn't catch onto because the resentment some ppl have towards Scott Weiland or the band as a whole, mainly from the GNR fans that followed them over.    Maybe Scott does need to leave, and then you still have Matt, Slash, Duff, and then maybe Dave with a new singer.   As a Weiland fan coming to VR, I can say those other guys have totally won me over as well. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2008, 06:05:02 PM »

I guess I am old school

How about promoting a video game and a book while your band is in between legs of a tour?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »

I guess I am old school

How about promoting a video game and a book while your band is in between legs of a tour?

/jarmo

Duff , Matt , and Slash do Camp Freddy

Scott does it sometimes...

Whats wrong with side projects? If an artist wants to play then do it , being in a band shouldn't hold you back from that. Jarmo in this case I think he isn't really saying its the fact that Scott will spend time off from the band , I think he is taken more so by the fact that its other musicians.... I don't have an issue with either promoting the book or doing a side project. Although a reunion with your former band isn't really a "side project" no matter how you look at it , if Axl told the guys HEY I'm just going to do a couple summer shows with the old guys , that be complete BS. I think what scott is doing is wrong and if he does shows with STP then VR need to move on with out him. Playing with your ex band is not by any means some form of side project.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2008, 07:11:57 PM »

I see nothing wrong with side projects - if Scott wants to tour with STP this summer more power to him . We should not assume because of this he is leaving VR or going to make another album with STP.

Sometimes side projects can bring in a shot of creativity. Guess we'll just have to wait & see if STP this summer is a side project or full time commitment for Scott.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »

Great post, Shaman!  For one, I think people need to quit thinking about Scott's "no show", at Sundance.  He's been at every concert, since....one "no show" in 4 or 5 yrs.  Says nothing, to me. (People do that, at work, far more than that!)   I saw them, Sat night - they looked tight & fine, to me.  And the STP tour, this summer, may be just that...a summer tour.  Maybe VR is done - maybe they are not.  We'll just have to wait & see.   No point in speculating ourselves crazy!   
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2008, 09:16:37 PM »

I feel the band u are in should have a level of success before the members go off and do solo projects.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2008, 09:32:38 PM »

I feel the band u are in should have a level of success before the members go off and do solo projects.

thankfully you are of a small minority and musicans have the freedom to do whatever the fuck they want.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2008, 09:57:29 PM »

thankfully you are of a small minority and musicans have the freedom to do whatever the fuck they want.

beer Don't subject musicians
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2008, 01:31:57 AM »

Great post, Shaman!  For one, I think people need to quit thinking about Scott's "no show", at Sundance.  He's been at every concert, since....one "no show" in 4 or 5 yrs.  Says nothing, to me. (People do that, at work, far more than that!)   I saw them, Sat night - they looked tight & fine, to me.  And the STP tour, this summer, may be just that...a summer tour.  Maybe VR is done - maybe they are not.  We'll just have to wait & see.   No point in speculating ourselves crazy!   

The "no show" was not the problem, at the time...

The problem started after Duff made those comments...

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2008, 09:29:27 AM »

I think Duff at 40 something has done this for a long time, and after going through stuff with GNR and now VR is simply saying whatever happens, happens-he left one of the biggest bands in the world 10+ years ago and survived, and if this ends, while it would suck for him, life will go on

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2008, 02:36:11 PM »

From The Detroit News

Thursday, January 24, 2008

McKagan admits that the first album was just about the band coming together to prove a point. "At the time we made the first record there were a lot of nay-sayers," McKagan says by phone. "We made this really loud abrasive record. By the time we got to the second record and tour, we figured out who we are as a band."

With so much star power locked in one supergroup, you have to wonder about the power struggles. But McKagan seems to take that factor in stride.

"Anytime you have strong personalities you will have a clash, but you learn how to get around it," he says. "Like any relationship, you learn that you can't change a person."

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080124/ENT04/801240414/1424/ENT04

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2008, 04:19:37 PM »

From MTV...

While no one from the STP camp has said definitively that the comeback is a go, Weiland did recently tell The Miami Herald that fans should "be on the lookout" for an STP reunion in the coming months. And then there's this week's Billboard story, which says that Weiland's Velvet Revolver bandmate Slash claimed the singer will rejoin his former bandmates in Stone Temple Pilots for a handful of summer reunion shows this summer ? although the article contains no quote of him saying that.

Hmmm. Last anyone can remember, Slash was never a member of Stone Temple Pilots, and it hasn't yet been revealed what the guitarist actually said on the matter. What MTV News can tell you is that negotiations are still ongoing, but it's looking very likely that Stone Temple Pilots will be coming to a town near you this summer. According to numerous sources close to the band and others who work in various capacities throughout the industry, the reunion tour is on. Some claim venues have already been reserved throughout the country for the trek, and others say they're actively trying to secure their bands opening slots on the proposed run.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1580339/20080125/stone_temple_pilots.jhtml?rsspartner=rssColdFusion

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: