Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 12:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trouble Within Velvet Revolver?  (Read 80425 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2008, 01:29:36 PM »

Why wasn?t Scott there? Scott missed his plane, yeah, let?s say that, Scott missed his plane??

Let's say that?

This is a great band and I?m proud to be a part of it, but it doesn?t define me any more.?

Any more?

Did something change?

While Slash sounds hopeful about making another record, Duff sounds like he's given up.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2008, 01:31:07 PM »

Ulp

that doesn't sound too optimistic from Duff's Perspective....

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2008, 01:33:26 PM »

Duff seems like the only honest man of that band, and maybe dave but he never talks unfortuneatly.. duff deserves better

Why wasn’t Scott there? Scott missed his plane, yeah, let’s say that, Scott missed his plane…”

Let's say that?

This is a great band and I’m proud to be a part of it, but it doesn’t define me any more.”

Any more?

Did something change?

While Slash sounds hopeful about making another record, Duff sounds like he's given up.....

yeah l"et's say that" did got me thinking too..

and the defining part maybe he didn't like the way libertad sounded or something or how the other band members represent the band and themselves  Huh
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:36:13 PM by CheapJules » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »

I think Duff has mentioned about how his family is more important to him than other stuff. Maybe that's what he means by the define thing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2008, 01:55:23 PM »

I think Duff has mentioned about how his family is more important to him than other stuff. Maybe that's what he means by the define thing.

/jarmo
Yeah, I really hope that's true but tbh Duffs comments lately have gotten me worried about VRs future.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2008, 02:05:11 PM »

/jarmo
Yeah, I really hope that's true but tbh Duffs comments lately have gotten me worried about VRs future.

personally I think it would be better if VR split up and Scott went back to STP.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »

They are supposed to play a gig in Chicago tonight.  Anybody going?  Looks like they're doing some smaller U.S. venues for a couple weeks until Europe.  So we'll see what happens......

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »

/jarmo

personally I think it would be better if VR split up and Scott went back to STP.
I would love to see a STP reunion but not on VRs expense, they could go for a while do their own thing and then get back together - I really really hope they do because Velvet Revolver is the best the music has to offer at the moment, to me atleast.
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2008, 04:22:18 PM »

Thursday January 24, 2008

Duff McKagan on Weiland and STP re-formation rumours

On Stone Temple Pilots re-forming:
?That?s the rumour that I?ve heard too, good for him. You can?t plan ahead in this thing and if you do you?re going to be disappointed. Don?t get me wrong, I love playing live and we love this band, but I don?t have expectations any more. This is a great band and I?m proud to be a part of it, but it doesn?t define me any more.?

The first part I understand , he is saying he learned not to expect anything or attempt to plan ahead as you get let down just roll with everything. But the last part is really kinda like WTF , maybe he feels like he didn't express himself through libertad , like it's "forced' playing. I'm not sure but that can only be a bad thing I see no positive light in that comment.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »

"lets say that.." doesnt sound good...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2008, 04:24:42 PM »

Why wasn?t Scott there? Scott missed his plane, yeah, let?s say that, Scott missed his plane??

Let's say that?

This is a great band and I?m proud to be a part of it, but it doesn?t define me any more.?

Any more?

Did something change?

/jarmo

"Let's say that" makes it sound as if it's questionable as if that is the truth, or maybe Duff doesn't believe that.

"It doesn't define me anymore" implies that it once did and something has changed either with the band or his life.

Ali
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2008, 04:26:31 PM »

Anyone going to tonights show? wish I was...
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2008, 04:28:06 PM »

Let's say that?

Any more?

Did something change?

/jarmo

"Let's say that" makes it sound as if it's questionable as if that is the truth, or maybe Duff doesn't believe that.

"It doesn't define me anymore" implies that it once did and something has changed either with the band or his life.

Ali

I think it means like ok when he was in GNR , it defined his persona , the whole sex , drugs , rock n roll "bad ass" thing. VR started and it was who he was , but maybe libertad he felt was not him , he didn't express himself? I think maybe things have changed with both.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2008, 05:32:27 PM »

all in all it seems like there is no communication between the members of VR.

Slash is starting work on the third VR album in april

Duff doesn't know if they're doing a third album

Scott is doing an STP tour (venues are already on hold)

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2008, 05:48:06 PM »

You are jumping the gun

Duff never said he didn't know if they are doing an album

Scott said to be on the look out  , nothing is confirmed. Where did the venues info come from?

Albeit it looks bad though
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »

You are jumping the gun

Scott said to be on the look out  , nothing is confirmed. Where did the venues info come from?

Billy Morrison said that "half of LA" knows that they have venues on hold for STP.

Ali
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2008, 05:53:35 PM »

You are jumping the gun

Billy Morrison said that "half of LA" knows that they have venues on hold for STP.

Ali

Gotcha its on their Wiki too pretty interesting , well just hope its what Scott wanted a "final ending" for the thing but god knows
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2008, 05:54:41 PM »

Anyone going to tonights show? wish I was...

Front row, center.........................

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2008, 05:58:48 PM »

You are jumping the gun

?I?m lucky I suppose,? said McKagan ?my passion is also my living. This band has allowed all of us who might have been relegated to ?you were in a good band but it?s over now? file to show that we are still musically viable.?

Despite having been a key member in what many consider to be one of the greatest rock bands of all time McKagan is still hesitant about what lies ahead. ?I never try to plan out my future. I?ve learned from experience,? McKagan said ?there are so many different lives going on within a band. Some people have to go back to a family and kids. I hope that we will make a third album I really do. But if we don?t at least I can say it was a good time.?

http://www.luminomagazine.com/mw/content/view/2341/1

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »

It's on Wiki...so Undecided

Regarding a STP 2008 reunion...

There are rumors that the tour will kick off in May at the Rock on the Range festival in Ohio.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: