Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 04:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 200056 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #680 on: October 19, 2008, 04:08:28 AM »

Hank's gonna make him start EVERY game now!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #681 on: October 19, 2008, 04:17:23 AM »

Oh god his arm would fall off lol.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #682 on: October 19, 2008, 04:21:11 AM »

Eh, that's why he'll get Peavy and Sabbathia.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #683 on: October 19, 2008, 06:10:07 PM »

I feel bad for tampa, so I am gonna root like hell for them.

to blow a  lead like that and to end up losing is just too devastating

Boston can still feel proud even if they  lose, but it would crush TB.

So lets go Rays!
Oh they'll be fine.  The Red Sox had quite a heartbreaking end to the 2003 season (among many others) and they came back the next year to win it all.  They would get past it if they were to lose.  You've got to experience a little heartbreak before you can truly appreciate a championship.  Before this season no one would've admitted to being a Rays fan, never mind even knowing Tampa Bay had a baseball team.  All of a sudden, they're America's darlings.  It's not that easy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #684 on: October 19, 2008, 11:07:18 PM »

Not sure about Boston's strategy  here in the 8th.

1st and 2nd, nobody out, Pedroia is an amazing hitter, but if u sacrifice the runners to 2nd and third with 1 out.

a single ties the game...........

Pedroia flies out and now TB are in ok shape.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #685 on: October 19, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »

Two outs first and third now. I'm not sure about that play at second but now a single doesn't tie it.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #686 on: October 19, 2008, 11:41:59 PM »

Rays are going to the World Series  ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #687 on: October 19, 2008, 11:46:40 PM »

Crisp slid around the bag clearly

Had he slid towards the bag, he would've been safe and Boston are probably in the world series.

I still say they should have bunted.

2nd and 3rd one out, they would've walked Papi though which I guess is a good case for not bunting but bases loaded, 1 out, kevin Youklis

thats a good situation.

he walked, of course u cant say he would've had they been loaded, but anyhow, Im happy for the Tampa Rays and lets see if Philly can win a WS.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #688 on: October 20, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »

Philly won one back in 1981, they had a championship, It would be good for all of baseball for the Rays to win it.

It would show you don't need 100 million payroll and basically buy a WS. THey have one of the lowest payrolls in the sport and they are getting the job done. Yankees Have A-rod and Giambi who are 20+ Million a season, 28 million is more then the whole Florida Marlins team makes a year.  Tampa has a good farm system and lots of young talent signed, They used good drafting and signed young guys with potential to long deals. If they can improve their bullpen it will be them battling for the playoffs each year in the East as the Yankees, have alot of money tied up in againg players.

I'm pulling for the Rays all the way.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #689 on: October 20, 2008, 12:11:34 AM »

It would show you don't need 100 million payroll and basically buy a WS.

I'm pulling for the Rays all the way.

Yup, my sentiments exactly. After this year the franchise may have some capital to work with since they have been one of the lowest funded teams.

My company did some work for the Rays several years ago and their budget was so small they had to be on the barter system to settle up on invoices. 

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #690 on: October 20, 2008, 02:20:04 AM »

Faldor, you're welcome to come fishing with me.

My sister is still waiting btw.

K thanx.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #691 on: October 20, 2008, 07:37:31 AM »

K thanx.
Is there a losers bracket where the Dodgers and Sox square off for 3rd place?  I'm ready.

Congrats to Tampa, although I know they don't have any TRUE fans on this board.  They've had a fantastic season and the dream ride continues.  Everyone has expected them to fold all season long and they've just refused.  They're quite resiliant.  Just not enough offense for the Sox in the post-season.  One hit in the first inning, and not much after that.  The bottom of their order performed dreadfully, and that's who was up in the 9th.  Not good.  Problem was too, with Price being a lefty they had really no quality righties to pinch hit off the bench.  Kevin Cash?  I guess he could've hit for Varitek, seeing as how he was 1 for 20 in the series.  But was Kevin Cash really the savior?  I kind of doubt it.  So leaving in Price was a great move not just because of how it ended, but strategically.  Their only capable bats off the bench were both lefty, Sean Casey and Ellsbury.  Lowrie hit for Cora, but again he was like 2 for 20.  Dah well!  Enough complaining.  Tampa deserves all the credit.  Should be a pretty exciting World Series.  Good luck to both teams.  I've gotta give a slight edge to Tampa at this point.  You always wonder if the long layoff could hurt the Phils.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #692 on: October 20, 2008, 03:08:57 PM »

K thanx.
Is there a losers bracket where the Dodgers and Sox square off for 3rd place?  I'm ready.

Congrats to Tampa, although I know they don't have any TRUE fans on this board.  They've had a fantastic season and the dream ride continues.  Everyone has expected them to fold all season long and they've just refused.  They're quite resiliant.  Just not enough offense for the Sox in the post-season.  One hit in the first inning, and not much after that.  The bottom of their order performed dreadfully, and that's who was up in the 9th.  Not good.  Problem was too, with Price being a lefty they had really no quality righties to pinch hit off the bench.  Kevin Cash?  I guess he could've hit for Varitek, seeing as how he was 1 for 20 in the series.  But was Kevin Cash really the savior?  I kind of doubt it.  So leaving in Price was a great move not just because of how it ended, but strategically.  Their only capable bats off the bench were both lefty, Sean Casey and Ellsbury.  Lowrie hit for Cora, but again he was like 2 for 20.  Dah well!  Enough complaining.  Tampa deserves all the credit.  Should be a pretty exciting World Series.  Good luck to both teams.  I've gotta give a slight edge to Tampa at this point.  You always wonder if the long layoff could hurt the Phils.

I'm from Michigan so I was born a Detroit Tigers Fans and I think the LONG lay off they had in 2006 is what cost them the world series, they had a great 2006 and looked great against the yankees and fast beat of oakland, then the long lay off and they looked out of rythm in the world series.

Also the payroll. I thought with all the money spent (in the wrong places) alot of people were declaring the Tigers as the favorite to win it all. Which was crazy because they spent all their money on Batters and no pitching. Their only good pitcher this last season was a rookie they picked up from Arizona in Galaraga. So I am glad that a low budget team like the Rays got the job done and my tigers can take notes.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #693 on: October 20, 2008, 05:39:32 PM »

I'm just ecstatic that Boston and a NY team will not be in the World Series!  beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #694 on: October 20, 2008, 05:45:14 PM »

Well i can partially agree with you there Drew.  hihi
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #695 on: October 20, 2008, 06:26:32 PM »

Congrats to the Rays.  It was fun watching that last grounder to the 2B and the look of "Oh fuck, what do I do?!?!" for a half second before he ecstatically ran to the bag for the force out.

Anyway, glad the Rays made it.  Cubs haven't made it since the forties but two expansion teams in Florida that no one even goes to watch have made it three times in a decade.  [begins mumbling incoherently before walking away to get drunk]

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #696 on: October 20, 2008, 07:07:09 PM »

I bet FOX are fucking crying

no ratings for u

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #697 on: October 20, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »

I bet FOX are fucking crying

no ratings for u

As long as all lost ad revenue comes out of Joe Buck and Tim McCarver's salaries...I'm totally ok with it.  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #698 on: October 20, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »

Season over...here's to 2009!  Yankees vs. Portland SeaDogs (A)...Tampon Bay vs. RedSox...new rivalry's - yaaa!

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #699 on: October 20, 2008, 11:56:41 PM »

I'm just ecstatic that Boston and a NY team will not be in the World Series!  beer

I have a thing for rooting for the underdog - this season has been great.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: