Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:32:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 200099 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2008, 04:30:07 AM »

I was actually going to turn it on and watch the last couple of innings cause I love seeing the celebrations.

I got busy watching something else cause I figured the game was over

Saw the final and I am still in shock!

Boy were you wrong.  I'm still in shock too.  rofl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2008, 09:01:15 AM »

I think Maddon Fucked himself.

When Boston got back 7-4, i would've brought Kazmir or somebody in. When u see the pen is pitching shitty, bring in the starter.

He would have time to get on track before the world series started.

I have a bad feeling Tampa are finished.

losing like that just does something to your psyche and confidence.

Kazmir started the game.  Maddon moved him up because they had the off day (today) so they could utilize the bullpen at all costs.  Kazmir actually pitched well, going 6 innings.  If you can't get 9 outs from a bullpen that's been pretty much lights out, that's a problem.  So I don't know how much you can blame Maddon.  It was the same guys who've pitched so well, that gave it up last night (Balfour, Wheeler, Howell).

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2008, 09:06:38 AM »

Kazmir started the game.  Maddon moved him up because they had the off day (today) so they could utilize the bullpen at all costs.  Kazmir actually pitched well, going 6 innings.  If you can't get 9 outs from a bullpen that's been pretty much lights out, that's a problem.  So I don't know how much you can blame Maddon.  It was the same guys who've pitched so well, that gave it up last night (Balfour, Wheeler, Howell).

In PAST seasons, that's what really hurt them...they'd give up games late A LOT.  This year, the bullpen had been solid...til last night.

It was PAINFUL to watch.

I'm SO hoping we don't see a repeat of 2004.  I think the Rays can take the next one, at home...but we'll see. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »

I was actually going to turn it on and watch the last couple of innings cause I love seeing the celebrations.

I got busy watching something else cause I figured the game was over

Saw the final and I am still in shock!
You missed quite a celebration after all.  Not the one you were expecting, but nonetheless. 

The Rays are still heavy favorites to win.  They've got 2 games at home, with their ace going in the next one.  Prior to this year Beckett had been one of the best post-season pitchers in the game, but he's been awful his 2 starts this year.  I don't know if he can all of a sudden turn it back on.  It's sort of reminiscent of 2004, when the Sox had a couple come from behind victories at home against the Yankees and headed back to NY for game six with Curt Schilling going at less than 100% with the bloody sock.  Beckett is less than 100%, but he hasn't shown the ability to spot and mix his pitches masterfully like Schilling did that night.  IF he could, watch out in game 7.  Anything can happen, all the pressure would be on the Rays at that point and they'd be facing the Sox ace in Lester.  The Rays are just killing Sox pitching though.  That has to be stopped for them to have any chance.  I can't believe nobody's been hit yet, or at least buzzed.  They actually did throw in tight to Upton his last 2 AB's last night.  The first time didn't work as he followed that up with a 2 run double.  But those guys are so comfortable up there, they need to be reminded they don't own that plate.  I wish I could say this loss was so devastating that the Rays just couldn't recover.  But I don't think baseball works that way, not like in other sports.  These guys are professionals, and they're heading home.

But at the very least the Sox made this a series.  It would've been a little embarassing losing 3 straight at home and being bounced in 5.  At least now we have one historic win to take out of this.  And who knows what else could happen.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #664 on: October 17, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »

Sorry, I meant Shields.

I thought Maddon switched the starters and was going to throw Shields instead of Kazmir?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #665 on: October 17, 2008, 01:50:23 PM »

lmao, my fiance loves the Rays.. even though she knows nothing about baseball...

i checked yahoo sports last night and the score was 7-0 in the 7th. I told her the Rays were going to the world series.

Then this morning I check and I see they had a meltdown?

what the hell happened?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #666 on: October 17, 2008, 07:18:18 PM »

The rays coughed it up big time thats what happened lol.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #667 on: October 18, 2008, 08:30:20 PM »

"TBS...very funny"

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #668 on: October 18, 2008, 11:56:30 PM »

Every player on the rays should go out and have themselves shot execution style to avoid the embarrassment of what's gonna happen in game 7.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #669 on: October 18, 2008, 11:59:29 PM »

The rays coughed it up big time thats what happened lol.

TB

Tuberculosis.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #670 on: October 19, 2008, 12:03:08 AM »

lmao, my fiance loves the Rays.. even though she knows nothing about baseball...

i checked yahoo sports last night and the score was 7-0 in the 7th. I told her the Rays were going to the world series.

Then this morning I check and I see they had a meltdown?

what the hell happened?

go to mlb and you can see clips of what happened
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #671 on: October 19, 2008, 12:45:38 AM »

That was kind of a weird game.  I'm watching the pre-game getting all ready.  Mind you I waited ALL DAY for the game.  Halfway through the video starts to cut in and out and they all of a sudden go to commercial.  I hate commercials so I switch over to something else.  I check back (I'm usually pretty good with my timing), yet they're still running commercials.  I wait another couple minutes till I switch back and nothing still.  I start to think to myself, there's something wrong here, OR this is the LONGEST commercial break EVER!  Then it's apparent there's something wrong when they abruptly put on a Bloopers show.  At 8 they put on the Steve Harvey Show and I'm resorted to go olden times and get the old radio out.  Finally they say on the radio there's a power outage in Atlanta and the game wasn't being televised for the time being.  I had to listen to the first inning and a half on the radio.  Then the home plate umpire gets hurt and there's a 15+ minute delay, which ultimately cut Beckett's night short.

Well all in all it had a happy ending (for fellow Sox fans), but it was a strange trip to get there.  Beckett pitched a lot better tonight, despite the 2 mistakes he made that left the yard.  The Sox were able to answer both times though, plus a couple.  It's off to game 7.  The Sox best pitcher all year (Lester) vs. Garza.  You wouldn't think Lester would have 2 bad outings in a row, I can't remember the last time that happened.  And Garza probably pitched one of his best games of the year last time out.  Can he do that in 2 consecutive starts?  The stage is set for another game 7.  Let's do it!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:47:20 AM by faldor » Logged

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #672 on: October 19, 2008, 12:55:19 AM »

If Tampa chokes this one away, I'll root for the Phillies.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #673 on: October 19, 2008, 01:03:03 AM »

That was kind of a weird game.  I'm watching the pre-game getting all ready.  Mind you I waited ALL DAY for the game.  Halfway through the video starts to cut in and out and they all of a sudden go to commercial.  I hate commercials so I switch over to something else.  I check back (I'm usually pretty good with my timing), yet they're still running commercials.  I wait another couple minutes till I switch back and nothing still.  I start to think to myself, there's something wrong here, OR this is the LONGEST commercial break EVER!  Then it's apparent there's something wrong when they abruptly put on a Bloopers show.  At 8 they put on the Steve Harvey Show and I'm resorted to go olden times and get the old radio out.  Finally they say on the radio there's a power outage in Atlanta and the game wasn't being televised for the time being.  I had to listen to the first inning and a half on the radio.  Then the home plate umpire gets hurt and there's a 15+ minute delay, which ultimately cut Beckett's night short.

Well all in all it had a happy ending (for fellow Sox fans), but it was a strange trip to get there.  Beckett pitched a lot better tonight, despite the 2 mistakes he made that left the yard.  The Sox were able to answer both times though, plus a couple.  It's off to game 7.  The Sox best pitcher all year (Lester) vs. Garza.  You wouldn't think Lester would have 2 bad outings in a row, I can't remember the last time that happened.  And Garza probably pitched one of his best games of the year last time out.  Can he do that in 2 consecutive starts?  The stage is set for another game 7.  Let's do it!

So thats what the Steve Harvey show was doing on. I turned the game on expecting to see the game and see that with the scroll at the bottom thinking wtf?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #674 on: October 19, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »

Yeah, TBS probably get the best ratings ever for a Steve Harvey Show rerun at 8 o'clock.  I was calling all over the place.  I didn't know what to do.  Luckily it didn't last too long.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #675 on: October 19, 2008, 01:11:33 AM »

Haha probably did.  hihi
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #676 on: October 19, 2008, 01:21:58 AM »

I just wanted to talk about the two stadiums that used to host baseball games.

The seats are all out at Shea and they took down the Big Board yesterday.

Yankee Stadium is still holding tours.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #677 on: October 19, 2008, 01:46:43 AM »

I feel bad for tampa, so I am gonna root like hell for them.

to blow a  lead like that and to end up losing is just too devastating

Boston can still feel proud even if they  lose, but it would crush TB.

So lets go Rays!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #678 on: October 19, 2008, 02:11:56 AM »

LINCOLN, Neb. -- New York Yankees pitcher Joba Chamberlain was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence, speeding and having an open container of alcohol in his vehicle.

Nebraska State Patrol spokeswoman Deborah Collins said Chamberlain was stopped for speeding on U.S. 77 near his hometown of Lincoln at about 1 a.m. Saturday.

Collins said Chamberlain was taken to the Cornhusker Place Detox in Lincoln, which she said is the normal protocol.

Chamberlain was lodged at the center on charges of driving under the influence, having an open container of alcohol and speeding.

Collins said the county attorney likely would file formal charges Monday.

An e-mail sent to Chamberlain's agent Saturday was not immediately returned.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #679 on: October 19, 2008, 02:59:09 AM »

Yankees front office are not gonna be please with Joba about this.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: