Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:29:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 200091 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #640 on: October 14, 2008, 01:21:42 AM »

Dude, if u guys get to the World Series and face Tampa Bay

HAHA, Imagine losing a world series to Tampa.

There would be millions of suicide watches in Philly.

I think u guys have it!

Just dont let Mitch Wild Thing Williams anywhere near the Stadium! hihi (opened the wound i know hihi)    but hey, if I have to watch Fucking Christian Laettner hit that shot against my Kentucky team every single March, U Can be reminded of Mitch Williams.

hahaha!!! funny you mention mitch - i don't have to be reminded of him. i've been watching him talk on the post game show for the last 45 minutes. he's a local celebrity these days. he's on sports talk radio, and he does the pre and post game shows for the phillies on the local comcast sports channel all year long.

losing to a franchise like TB would suck, but i have alot of respect for that team. great pitching.

the phils do look like a great team right now. it was our pitching vs the Brewers and in game 1 vs the dodgers that got it done, and our offense bailed us out in games 2 and 4 of this series. but i don't like our matchup with TB or the sox. our SP just doesn't match up and it will be tough to get the 5+ runs we'll need to win.

and F joe buck and tim mccarver. it sure seems like they are pulling for the dodgers. and i'm one of the few that normally likes those guys.

What happens when you give two retards microphones?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #641 on: October 15, 2008, 01:58:56 AM »

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #642 on: October 15, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »

Since sandman made the best (ONLY!!!) real pitch...

I'm officially a Phillies fan for the remainder of the playoffs.

Smiley

Phillies - Rays World Series!!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #643 on: October 15, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »

Congrats to the Phils and Rays on their 3-1 series leads, with two more games at home for each.

Watch your ass, and duct tape the hands of your own idiot fans.

Love,

The 2003 Chicago Cubs

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #644 on: October 15, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »

Congrats to the Phils and Rays on their 3-1 series leads, with two more games at home for each.

Love,

The 2003 Chicago Cubs

and hope your 3rd basemen don't make a huge error that really fucked the game and not Bartman. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #645 on: October 15, 2008, 05:01:40 PM »

Those media attention whores at PETA just never miss an opportunity for their publicity bullshit!!!!  rant

Shane Victorino's abiding love for Spam dish angers PETA
 By 'Duk

Shane Victorino has finally arrived.

And I say that not because of the grand slam he hit off CC Sabathia in the NLDS, the onfield brawl he almost sparked with the Dodgers in Game Three of the NLCS or the game-tying two-run homer he hit in Game Four.

I say that because the Phillies centerfielder has finally become enough of a public figure to draw the ire of PETA, a fine group of folks who never met a publicity opportunity they didn't take advantage of.

So what did Victorino do to earn a scolding note from PETA assistant director Dan Shannon?

Well, he has publicly declared that Spam musubi is his favorite food in the entire world. Even though many of us have an aversion to the blue-and-yellow can, the pork product-'n-rice treat is actually very popular in Victorino's native Hawaii.

But the Flyin' Fryin' Hawaiian's love for a local delicacy doesn't quite fly with PETA and they're using the opportunity to shed light on a recent investigation they did on Hormel's pork suppliers:

"We suspect that the cruelty in every can of Spam will infuriate Shane more than a high Hiroki Kuroda fastball," says Shannon. "If Shane likes Spam a lot, he should buy tickets to the Broadway play but leave it off his dinner plate."

Shannon also sent Victorino a letter detailing Hormel's abuses (read it here) as well as a reminder that it once named Philadelphia's Citizens Bank Ballpark the most vegetarian-friendly in the major leagues. A Phillies spokesman said he will ask Victorino for comment after the World Series.

PETA certainly has a right to raise awareness of their issues, but here's one thing I don't think Shannon took into account before making this protest public: If the Phillies win the World Series, can you imagine just how many Phillies fans will either buy cans of Spam, either to send to Victorino or have him autograph them at the victory parade? Don't forget about the Victorino-as-a-Spam can costumes, such as this one.

Heck, with the way he's been performing this postseason, I wouldn't be surprised to see Philadelphians work a bit of Spam into their cheesesteaks.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Shane-Victorino-s-abiding-love-for-Spam-dish-ang;_ylt=AsTnTLOSwYX34uapPPjJNl8SzJV4?urn=mlb,115113

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2008, 08:56:35 PM »

Love,

The 2003 Chicago Cubs

and hope your 3rd basemen don't make a huge error that really fucked the game and not Bartman. ok

Hmm...the error that comes to mind for me was by the SS, Alex Gonzalez.  I don't blame Bartman.  That's just one out.  Still needed four more.  So he should only have to pay 20% of ticket refunds from that game.  Gonzalez, Prior, Dusty Baker...they owe their share, too.  Know how many Cubs are left from that team?  Two.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2008, 11:08:55 PM »

I'm suffering over here.

20 years to the day.

no
sandman
Legend

« Reply #648 on: October 16, 2008, 01:01:31 AM »

i'm absolutely speechless right now. i can't believe the Phillies are in the World Series.  beer

people are out celebrating all over the city. An intersection in NE Philly had thousands of people gathering to celebrate, and there's still several hundred there at 1am. it looks like a mini-parade going down Broad Street too.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #649 on: October 16, 2008, 10:07:04 AM »

i'm absolutely speechless right now. i can't believe the Phillies are in the World Series.  beer

people are out celebrating all over the city. An intersection in NE Philly had thousands of people gathering to celebrate, and there's still several hundred there at 1am. it looks like a mini-parade going down Broad Street too.

Congrats and GO PHILLIES!!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2008, 12:33:57 AM »

WOW!!!!!!!

Did anyone else just see that?  Sox down 7-0 going into the seventh inning.  There was talk of the first shutout in Sox playoff history AT Fenway in 90 years.  Pedroia single to drive in one.  Ortiz 3 run homer makes it 7-4.  Bottom 8, Drew 2 run homer makes it 7-6.  Crisp RBI single with 2 outs, 2 strikes ties it at 7.  Drew game winning hit in ninth to win it 8-7.

WOW!!!!!!!!

Amazing game.  Now it shifts back to Tampa.  Hopefully that'll be such a crushing loss that they can't recover.  I doubt it though, they're pretty resilient.  They've got home field.  The Sox still need to win 2.  Beckett has been awful in his 2 post season starts and Tampa hit Lester hard as well.  But I'm gonna enjoy this win for the next day at least.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2008, 12:48:14 AM »

Yeah i saw it. *calls the rays every 4 letter word he can think of*. How do you blow a fucking seven run lead in less than 10 outs?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2008, 12:54:34 AM »

Yeah i saw it. *calls the rays every 4 letter word he can think of*. How do you blow a fucking seven run lead in less than 10 outs?
I'm surprised you stuck with the game?  Although as a Yankee fan I'm sure you were hoping to see the Sox get ousted.  I'd share the same joy if the shoe were on the other foot.  To be honest, once it was 5-0 it wasn't looking good and I started catching up on saved shows on the DVR.  I'd check into the game at every commercial break but it never got any closer.  In fact it got worse, to 7-0.  I was ready to completely give up, but figured I'd watch the 7th inning as they had some guys on.  The rest is history.

To answer your question, I don't know how you can blow a 7 run lead with 7 outs to go, it doesn't really seem possible.  But it happened.  I've thought for awhile that Tampa not having a true closer would hurt them at some time.  I think it did tonight.  They've gotten by somehow up to this point.  Their bullpen has been stellar, Wheeler has done an admirable job in the late innings.  He's not a closer though.  They don't have a closer, and they couldn't get anyone to stop the bleeding tonight.  So I GUESS that could be the answer to your question.  Although, that's a one in a million ending.  The Mets bullpen could've possibly closed that game out.  Alright, maybe not.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2008, 01:29:42 AM »

Go Rays.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2008, 01:35:02 AM »

I think Maddon Fucked himself.

When Boston got back 7-4, i would've brought Kazmir or somebody in. When u see the pen is pitching shitty, bring in the starter.

He would have time to get on track before the world series started.

I have a bad feeling Tampa are finished.

losing like that just does something to your psyche and confidence.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2008, 01:37:31 AM »

I'm surprised you stuck with the game?  Although as a Yankee fan I'm sure you were hoping to see the Sox get ousted.  I'd share the same joy if the shoe were on the other foot.  To be honest, once it was 5-0 it wasn't looking good and I started catching up on saved shows on the DVR.  I'd check into the game at every commercial break but it never got any closer.  In fact it got worse, to 7-0.  I was ready to completely give up, but figured I'd watch the 7th inning as they had some guys on.  The rest is history.

To answer your question, I don't know how you can blow a 7 run lead with 7 outs to go, it doesn't really seem possible.  But it happened.  I've thought for awhile that Tampa not having a true closer would hurt them at some time.  I think it did tonight.  They've gotten by somehow up to this point.  Their bullpen has been stellar, Wheeler has done an admirable job in the late innings.  He's not a closer though.  They don't have a closer, and they couldn't get anyone to stop the bleeding tonight.  So I GUESS that could be the answer to your question.  Although, that's a one in a million ending.  The Mets bullpen could've possibly closed that game out.  Alright, maybe not.

Actually i turned it on just before the rays went up 7-0 what timing for me huh? Maybe turning it on jinxed the rays.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2008, 01:39:57 AM »

When Boston got back 7-4, i would've brought Kazmir or somebody in. When u see the pen is pitching shitty, bring in the starter.

I hope you're wrong but after what they did in 2004 i wouldn't put it past the sox.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2008, 01:45:58 AM »

I hope you're wrong but after what they did in 2004 i wouldn't put it past the sox.

That one still hurts I bet.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2008, 01:52:59 AM »

I was actually going to turn it on and watch the last couple of innings cause I love seeing the celebrations.

I got busy watching something else cause I figured the game was over

Saw the final and I am still in shock!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2008, 04:29:34 AM »

That one still hurts I bet.

You have no idea man.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: