Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 12:41:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 200245 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #520 on: September 23, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »

HOLY SHIT!

I'm going to the playoffs, fellas! headbanger

Entered the pool of people wanting to buy Cubs home playoff tix and (Jaw, meet floor) actually got drawn.

So.

Fucking.

Excited.

Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #521 on: September 23, 2008, 06:14:22 PM »

HOLY SHIT!

I'm going to the playoffs, fellas! headbanger

Entered the pool of people wanting to buy Cubs home playoff tix and (Jaw, meet floor) actually got drawn.

So.

Fucking.

Excited.

Grin

congrats!  ok

i actually won the drawing for Phils tix as well. I know 13 people (including myself) that entered and i'm the only one that got picked. i got home game #2. i'll be searching craigslist all weekend for game 1.

last year were my first two baseball playoff games and it was an awesome experience. hopefully the outcome is better this year. although the phils are built for the regular season so i'm not expecting much. seeing 1 win would be nice though.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #522 on: September 23, 2008, 06:55:24 PM »

Excellent!

Take a sign to Wrigley and give us HTGTH'ers a big Chicago shout out!

I would have tried to get tickets to a game (if we even clinch, but we won't because we're the Dodgers) but I had spent way too much money on other things to even have a shot at a ballgame.

Damn you, unemployment.

Damn you Metallica.

Damn you AC/DC.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #523 on: September 23, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »

Excellent!

I would have tried to get tickets to a game (if we even clinch, but we won't because we're the Dodgers) but I had spent way too much money on other things to even have a shot at a ballgame.

Damn you, unemployment.

Damn you Metallica.

Damn you AC/DC.

Yeah, after forking over my AC/DC money, this was another blow to the wallet but the tix are actually reasonably priced (you know...before the scalpers get 'em). 

Perhaps I'll take a sign that reads "Here Today...Gone to Wrigley."  Of course, since that's gibberish to most of America, I have my doubts about it making the broadcast. 

congrats!  ok

i actually won the drawing for Phils tix as well. I know 13 people (including myself) that entered and i'm the only one that got picked. i got home game #2. i'll be searching craigslist all weekend for game 1.

last year were my first two baseball playoff games and it was an awesome experience. hopefully the outcome is better this year. although the phils are built for the regular season so i'm not expecting much. seeing 1 win would be nice though.

I'll be going to game 2, as well.  If the ever-collapsing Mets hold off the also-collapsing Brewers, I suppose that'll be the matchup.  If the Brewers get the wildcard, I suppose it'll be LA.  Looking forward to it, no matter what.  For the rest of the week, I'll be testing various hat/shirt combos to see what feels "lucky."

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #524 on: September 23, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »

Excellent!

Damn you, unemployment.

Damn you Metallica.

Damn you AC/DC.

Yeah, after forking over my AC/DC money, this was another blow to the wallet but the tix are actually reasonably priced (you know...before the scalpers get 'em). 

Perhaps I'll take a sign that reads "Here Today...Gone to Wrigley."  Of course, since that's gibberish to most of America, I have my doubts about it making the broadcast. 

congrats!  ok

I'll be going to game 2, as well.  If the ever-collapsing Mets hold off the also-collapsing Brewers, I suppose that'll be the matchup.  If the Brewers get the wildcard, I suppose it'll be LA.  Looking forward to it, no matter what.  For the rest of the week, I'll be testing various hat/shirt combos to see what feels "lucky."

Fucking Cubs fans.

If LA makes it and gets Chicago, Dodger Stadium will become Wrigley West.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #525 on: September 25, 2008, 10:16:35 PM »

Well, the Dodgers clinched the NL West.

Too bad they're gonna get swept in the NLDS.

I'm just happy for Torre showing the Steinbrenner boys "what's up."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #526 on: September 25, 2008, 11:24:36 PM »

Did you see a couple days ago Hank said the playoff format is unfair in that a club like the Dodgers will be going to the post-season when the Yankees have a better record and play in a tougher division.  He said it was no disrespect to Joe Torre, but he didn't think it was fair.  What an assclown!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #527 on: September 25, 2008, 11:42:51 PM »

Did you see a couple days ago Hank said the playoff format is unfair in that a club like the Dodgers will be going to the post-season when the Yankees have a better record and play in a tougher division.  He said it was no disrespect to Joe Torre, but he didn't think it was fair.  What an assclown!

Yeah thats pretty dumb. If they were still below .500 i'd see his point more. That division is just awful though.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #528 on: September 26, 2008, 12:19:04 AM »

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #529 on: September 26, 2008, 08:35:56 PM »

Yeah, he certainly is an assclown.  When ol' man Steinbrenner was a blow hard, at least he had something to back it up with.  I mean...he bought that team and made them champions again. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #530 on: September 26, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »

He can say whatever he wants...

From his living room in October!  Grin
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #531 on: September 26, 2008, 09:24:55 PM »

Yeah, he certainly is an assclown.  When ol' man Steinbrenner was a blow hard, at least he had something to back it up with.  I mean...he bought that team and made them champions again. 

As a lifelong Yankees fan it pains me whenever the aforementioned assclown opens his mouth. His old man was a prick sometimes, but at least he wasn't stupid. And like 2 months ago when Hank started his "wait til next year" shit I was in shock. For all the horrible shit his dad did, he never quit like a pussy. Grant it they're out now, and have been realistically for a couple weeks, but don't lay down like that with 6 weeks left in the season.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #532 on: September 26, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »

Being from Boston originally, it is required that I say "everyone associated with the Yankee's organization (including long list of former RedSox) is an assclown"...living in NY now, I must do so anonymously.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #533 on: September 28, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »

Looks like the Mets can once again fill their Octobers with a lot of leisure, mixed in with autograph signings at local malls.

Seriously...how does a team with that much talent blow it that often.  I'm very surprised that we're looking at a post-season, sans New York. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #534 on: September 28, 2008, 06:58:34 PM »

Looks like the Mets can once again fill their Octobers with a lot of leisure, mixed in with autograph signings at local malls.

Seriously...how does a team with that much talent blow it that often.  I'm very surprised that we're looking at a post-season, sans New York. 

Mets missed the post season by one game second year in a row. Fuckin unbelievable.....

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2008, 08:26:18 PM »

Looks like the AL Central might be decided on Tuesday...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2008, 08:41:58 PM »

Oh, and just to get the fun started.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »

Possible very bad news for the Red Sox, BEFORE the post-season begins.  As if lingering injuries to Mike Lowell and J.D. Drew weren't enough.

From www.rotoworld.com

The Red Sox confirmed that Josh Beckett suffered a strained oblique while throwing Friday and won't start before Game 3 of the ALDS.

Jon Lester and Daisuke Matsuzaka will start the first two games versus the Angels. Manager Terry Francona indicated that he was confident that Beckett would be able to go Sunday. There was some thought to using him in Game 2 on Friday. Sep. 28 - 11:00 pm et

So even IF Beckett is able to go in game 3, that would likely be the only game he'd be able to pitch in the series.  Lester will go game 1 and possibly 4, Dice K game 2 and possibly 5.  Sox have swept the Angels the last 2 times they've faced them in the LDS, but this is a different year.  They're the underdogs heading into the series, and the injuries don't help their cause.  And just a reminder, I said when they traded Manny at the deadline that they'd be fine for the rest of the REGULAR season, but his loss would be most evident in the playoffs.  I hope I'm wrong about that, but they could really use his bat this time of the year.  He's a proven post-season star.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #538 on: September 28, 2008, 11:32:54 PM »

The postseason as it looks right now...

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #539 on: September 28, 2008, 11:38:01 PM »

This should be a great postseason. How weird is it seeing Tampa bay instead of New york? It figures too the first time i can see the playoffs in HD my team doesn't make it! I can't believe the mets blew it again on the last day, how pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: