Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:19:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  now its illegal to rip CDs to your computer...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: now its illegal to rip CDs to your computer...  (Read 4702 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 07:49:46 AM »

The record companies want you to buy the same music twice. Once on CD then again on a digital download. It's greed - or a desperate attempt to save their slumping industry.

exactly!! no way am i going to buy my music twice...

I do think downloading is a problem but its the chicken and the egg...affect....the music industry created the monster...
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »

that's fucking bullshit! so they're telling me that I gotta buy the CD version for my car and again on iTunes or some shit for my mp3 player? what the fuck?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 12:10:37 AM »

It'll never hold up unless they can prove that he distributed songs online. Courts have previously ruled that we have the right to make a backup copy for personal use. They're taking things too far, and it will ultimately lead to their demise. It's all about these big-wigs being scared about losing their 2.3 million dollar yacht, personal airliners, etc....

Funny, back in the day they didn't say shit about people recording songs off the radio. Downloading isn't that much different.

Notice the RIAA never says how much money they're pulling in from ringtones and all that other shit you can get for your phone. A full song on most legal download sites costs 1 dollar. A ringtone of the same song, and only about 15 seconds of the song will cost you 2.49 or more. I have a feeling they're not as bad off as they would like for us to believe.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: