Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR cover band names
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR cover band names  (Read 4717 times)
BenDrinking49
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: December 28, 2007, 05:34:06 PM »

So, if you were in a GNR cover band and had to name it what would you call it? If I was in a GNR cover band, I would name it "Cool Ranch Dressing" - You know, like what Axl says in the middle of PTU.

I don't know, I just thought that this would be a good name. What would you guys name your GNR cover bands?

BTW, is anyone here part of, or know of, any GNR cover bands?

Thanks,

Ben
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »

Madagascar Democracy  Shocked
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 06:15:14 PM »

Appetite for Playing Someone Elses Songs because we are not talented enough to write our own

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 08:18:15 PM »

Appetite for Playing Someone Elses Songs because we are not talented enough to write our own

hhm, it's a bit long maybe......... How 'bout; AfPSESBwanTEtWoo....?
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 08:25:20 PM »

creative, but i would rather go for something like: Appetite for playing music because it is fun and might also be just a side project or something like that, but i still like to play GNR live cuz its a cool feeling.

i wouldnt mind beeing in a GNR cover band. or a cover band at all. i am having the time of my  life when i am playing GNR songs here in my home. why shouldnt one get to play ones favorite music without being judged and "lack talent"?

i would call my band after a local shop in Oslo (sells hat's or something) called Gunn Rosnes! (its a normal norwegian name, but awesome!)

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 09:01:32 PM »

Used Disillusions. Just sounds cool.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 05:46:53 PM »

Appetite for Destruction is a very good NY area GN'R cover band.
I due like the name COOL RANCH DRESSING. Not sure how many people would get it though.
How about Mr. Brownstone and the Bad Obsessions or Appetite for Illusions?
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 07:26:07 PM »

Guns N' Posers?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
overmatik
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 08:09:32 PM »

"Ultimate Suicide"

Like a kind of an insider reference?!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 08:30:39 PM »

creative, but i would rather go for something like: Appetite for playing music because it is fun and might also be just a side project or something like that, but i still like to play GNR live cuz its a cool feeling.

i wouldnt mind beeing in a GNR cover band. or a cover band at all. i am having the time of my? life when i am playing GNR songs here in my home. why shouldnt one get to play ones favorite music without being judged and "lack talent"?

i would call my band after a local shop in Oslo (sells hat's or something) called Gunn Rosnes! (its a normal norwegian name, but awesome!)

If u are in a band that plays some GNR covers that is fine

If u are a tribute type band who makes a living dressing up,acting and doing nothing but playing GNR songs, to me that will always be Cheesy, Pathetic and the ulitmate sign of Gayness.

My mind will never be changed on that.

Ill play a long

My band name would be:

Welcome To Paradise City ok

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 08:41:11 PM »

D, Appetite For Destruction, maybe based out of North Carolina or Virginia, is an amazing band or incredible talent that puts on a fantastic show.  They make some good money and have fun.  They are entertainers that entertain.  It would only be pathetic if they were a Bon Jovi cover band..... Grin Grin Grin Grin  Just kidding.  But there is a demand for them, so fine.  They are bad ass.

http://www.notquitegnr.com/
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »

D, Appetite For Destruction, maybe based out of North Carolina or Virginia, is an amazing band or incredible talent that puts on a fantastic show.  They make some good money and have fun.  They are entertainers that entertain.  It would only be pathetic if they were a Bon Jovi cover band..... Grin Grin Grin Grin  Just kidding.  But there is a demand for them, so fine.  They are bad ass.

they look like posers to me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 09:01:37 PM »

I am agreeing with Jim Bob more than I would like to here lately nervous

The Axl dude looks more like Scott Weiland................................ nervous nervous

Sorry guys

Anyone who picks up a musical instrument are suppose to be expressing THEMSELVES through it. Not making money off someone else and dressing up like them.

The ultimate example of a Parasite.

Ive seen the Bon Jovi tribute band on YouTube and I threw up in my mouth a little.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 05:20:39 AM »

D, Appetite For Destruction, maybe based out of North Carolina or Virginia, is an amazing band or incredible talent that puts on a fantastic show.? They make some good money and have fun.? They are entertainers that entertain.? It would only be pathetic if they were a Bon Jovi cover band..... Grin Grin Grin Grin? Just kidding.? But there is a demand for them, so fine.? They are bad ass.

Did you even listen to the video or audio?  This band sounds more like GNR than GNR did in 2002.  They are fucking awesome Jim Bob and D.  I wouldn't make this shit up.  Now whether or not it is lame to imitate someone else for money is another story. 

http://www.notquitegnr.com/media/2007_AFD_Sweet_Child_O_Mine.mp3

First of all Jim Bob, this guitar player is better than Finck and plays SCOM better than Finck.  The Axl voice is pretty fucking good.  3rd, these guys are probably members on this forum.  Kick ass band and a fun time.  I have no problems.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 05:29:56 AM »

D, Appetite For Destruction, maybe based out of North Carolina or Virginia, is an amazing band or incredible talent that puts on a fantastic show.? They make some good money and have fun.? They are entertainers that entertain.? It would only be pathetic if they were a Bon Jovi cover band..... Grin Grin Grin Grin? Just kidding.? But there is a demand for them, so fine.? They are bad ass.

Did you even listen to the video or audio?? This band sounds more like GNR than GNR did in 2002.? They are fucking awesome Jim Bob and D.? I wouldn't make this shit up.? Now whether or not it is lame to imitate someone else for money is another story.?

First of all Jim Bob, this guitar player is better than Finck and plays SCOM better than Finck.? The Axl voice is pretty fucking good.? 3rd, these guys are probably members on this forum.? Kick ass band and a fun time.? I have no problems.

by the sounds of it, you are probably axl from the tribute band..

only teasin...

Finck plays scom great, he adds his own style to it,
he just doesnt recycle the same old slash licks night after night,
he gives it his own flare,

HE makes it HIS OWN,

cant say the same for a cover band now can I?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Megaguns
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 05:38:13 AM »

chinese illusionsis what id call em

I saw a tribute band called "november rain the guns n roses show" at blacktown rsl a few years ago and they were dressed like them and shit, the music was cool, the singer sucked
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 05:40:59 AM »

Did you even listen to the video or audio?? This band sounds more like GNR than GNR did in 2002.? They are fucking awesome Jim Bob and D.? I wouldn't make this shit up.? Now whether or not it is lame to imitate someone else for money is another story.?

First of all Jim Bob, this guitar player is better than Finck and plays SCOM better than Finck.? The Axl voice is pretty fucking good.? 3rd, these guys are probably members on this forum.? Kick ass band and a fun time.? I have no problems.

by the sounds of it, you are probably axl from the tribute band..

only teasin...

Finck plays scom great, he adds his own style to it,
he just doesnt recycle the same old slash licks night after night,
he gives it his own flare,

HE makes it HIS OWN,

cant say the same for a cover band now can I?

HA!!! No, but i have seen the band 5 or 6 times and they are awesome.  Put on a great show.  Very, very accurate, lets put it that way.
GhettoBlaster
Opening Act

you are reading this sentence.

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 12:08:44 PM »

i was axl in a gnr cover band called "immigrants n' faggots" about 10 years ago.
this is a link to a picture of me dressed as axl:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/duransirhan/axlchambers.jpg

it took 90 minutes to draw on the tats for each show
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:17:52 PM by GhettoBlaster » Logged

I am not the devil; I only play His music.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 12:49:53 PM »

i was axl in a gnr cover band called "immigrants n' faggots" about 10 years ago.
this is a link to a picture of me dressed as axl:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/duransirhan/axlchambers.jpg

it took 90 minutes to draw on the tats for each show
Whoa, it's like I'm looking at Axl!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »

I was Axl too in GNR Tribute Band. Called "Trouble Maker", Stupid name Uh ?
here's our pic, taken 30-12-07.

Notquitegnr is the best GNR tribute band I think. the singer voice is Amazing. man I wish i could have a voice like that.
are they member of this forum ? Wow..!

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: