Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:24:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 210673 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1280 on: July 23, 2007, 12:17:04 PM »

I just always fear the Lars Ulrich curse.

If u are worth over a hundred million, u shouldn't sue anybody unless its really major cause everyday folks hate what appears to be greed.

yeah...jon could get south parked Cheesy hihi

html sucks
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1281 on: July 24, 2007, 02:12:41 AM »

I just gotta say that Bon Jovi songs RULE for Karaoke!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #1282 on: July 27, 2007, 08:50:04 AM »

Just watched the film clip for Blaze of Glory and Bon Jon plays the guitar in it. I didn't know that he could play guitar as well! Has he done that much?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1283 on: July 27, 2007, 01:06:48 PM »

Just watched the film clip for Blaze of Glory and Bon Jon plays the guitar in it. I didn't know that he could play guitar as well! Has he done that much?

Jon plays guitar on all the songs.

He is an excellent rhythm guitarist.

Jon is more than  a pretty face and a voice

He also plays Piano on Bed of Roses/Always etc seeing as he wrote the songs by himself.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1284 on: July 27, 2007, 01:34:07 PM »

Thought he was more than just a pretty face.......and a voice (that goes without saying)!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1285 on: July 27, 2007, 08:33:23 PM »

Thought he was more than just a pretty face.......and a voice (that goes without saying)!

I wasn't meaning anything towards u, It just seems a lot of people try to write them off as being popular all these years just cause he looks good and people don't give him the credit for being an excellent musician.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1286 on: August 17, 2007, 11:27:14 AM »

I know I've probably said this before but I've just heard "Make A Memory" again and it is one of the most beautiful - and lyrical - songs that I have ever heard.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #1287 on: August 17, 2007, 11:39:56 AM »

I wasn't meaning anything towards u, It just seems a lot of people try to write them off as being popular all these years just cause he looks good and people don't give him the credit for being an excellent musician.

they 3 or 4 great songs...but the problem with bon jovi is that they have the same recipe for all their songs, so if you listen 3 or 4, they are great, but if you listen to most of their catalogue...and its always the same love lyrics, its all the same...its rock for girls!!

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1288 on: August 17, 2007, 04:22:37 PM »

they 3 or 4 great songs...but the problem with bon jovi is that they have the same recipe for all their songs, so if you listen 3 or 4, they are great, but if you listen to most of their catalogue...and its always the same love lyrics, its all the same...its rock for girls!!

Except i'm one girl who can't fucking stand this band!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1289 on: August 18, 2007, 09:58:21 PM »

U obviously havent heard the whole catalog. ok

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1290 on: August 18, 2007, 10:31:28 PM »

Yeah bon jovi have a deep and solid catalog...

all good albums...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1291 on: August 19, 2007, 04:08:19 PM »

JBJ in UK GQ magazine :

Do you still have your in-house pub?
Yes! The Shoe Inn. But I's been a long time since I inhabited that place. Unfortunately, it's now used more for kids' socials than by me and my friends.

What's your drink of choice?
I'm on a Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio kick. It's a light white. You can drink two bottles and wake up in the morning and go to work.

The title track of your new album is featured in Wild Hogs, a film about the male midlife crisis. How have you avoided yours?
I refuse to address it. I'm running away from mine, still running around with a rock'n'roll band and wearing sunglasses at night. I should grow up: I'm 45 years old. That movie sucks, by the way. 

Who is the most famous person you've had in your house?
There have been quite a few. Al Gore? He's the smartest man I've ever met and I've stayed close with him over the past eight years. I was holding out that he's run in the next election, but i don't think he's interested.

Are hybrid cars too girly for rock stars?
No, I have one. It's a Toyota truck. It's pretty good.

When was the last time you fired a gun?
There were two incidents in the Eighties. One time we flew to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico for a vacation. All we were about back then was killing things and seeing things be killed. Cockfights, bullfights, quail shooting...whatever it was, we were out there doing it. And then in 1984-85, we had this bus driver who used to carry a lot of firearms. He would pull over on the side of the road and we would, you know, just shoot things. Pretty crazy.

What was your worst drug experience?
Some laced pot. I think it had some PCP on it. That was bad. And that was pretty much the end of me ever doing drugs. I don't have the mental capacity to do them.

What would you give Pete and Kate as a wedding present?
A day without paparazzi.

Who would play you in "Bon Jovi: The Musical"?
Richie and I figured that out. Matt Damon would be me and Ben Affleck would be Richie.

Were you really on a 1980 Star Wars novelty record?
That was really me. I was a boy singing to R2D2 "I wish you a merry christmas". I wouldn't call it a homage: it was more like a spoof. You've just reminded me of something - my five year old is really into Star Wars. I've got to go dig that record out.

What's the strangest rumour you've heard about yourself?
Man, you Brits started them all! You're a creative country.

Would you ever consider cosmetic surgery?
I hope not. I really do. It would be pretty sad.

Your wife's a karate teacher. Could she be your bodyguard?
Yeah. She;s a fourth-dan black belt and has been studying for 25years. But it's not like she jumps out of high-rises and does Spider-man rolls. She's a serious martial artist.

After you slated the Darkness in GQ the band imploded and the singer went into rehab. Care to slag off another UK act?
I would never wish ill on anybody. Its too hard to make a record in the first place. But I still don't get that whole sock in the your pants/Spinal Tap stuff. I don't get it. I don't like it. I don't want to know anything about it.

What would you miss most if you weren't famous?
My money.

Which band would you like to see reform?
Wow. I would like to see the Beatles. Or Queen with Freddie still alive. I don't know what would have happened to the Doors but I'm curious. I'm trying to think of bands that hate each other, they're the fun ones. Guns N' Roses! It would be cool to see Axl and Slash get together again.

Who would you rather be adopted by: Madonna or Angelina?
Angelina. I just want to suck up to the bosom and call her mama!

What's the stupidest thing you've ever bought?
I remember in my youth being with my father in Chicago and thinking I was a little too cool, walking into a store and trying a coat on. It had fringed sleeves and was made of some kind of deerskin. I paid for it, signed the Amex bill and never took my shades off. We walked out. My father looked at me out on the sidewalk and said, "Do you know how much that jacket cost?" I said $150. Then he smacked me upside the back of my head and goes, "No, you asshole, it's $1,500! Look at your Amex, rock star!"

Have you ever been arrested?
There's a very famouse celebrity/mafia restaurant in Harlem, New York. Twenty years ago I was in there and ordered a lot of Italian wines and even took six bottles out the door with me. It was one in the morning and my wife said she wanted to go ice skating. So we walked into Central Park and hopped the fence into Wollman Ring, owned at the time by Donald Trump. We started sharing our wine with the bums. The cops came. And they arrest both of us. They call Donald Trump and he says "Ah. let 'em go. He's playing the Arena."

Describe how you dance.
My rap name, which would also describe my dancing, is DWT. Dry, white, toast.

On a scale of one to ten, how good looking are you?
Eleven. If you ask me, I'll tell you. But I'm still too short and too old.

What's the strangest gift you've received?
Once a girl dropped off an antique clock. We gave it back to her, it must have been worth a lot of money. Maybe she stole it from Grandma's house. In interviews it runs the gamut- if you say you like a certain candy bar you get a lot of candy bars sent to your house.

Do you want to mention any snacks now?
Shall I mention Cartier instead? We can split the loot!

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1292 on: August 19, 2007, 06:43:02 PM »

Dosent sound like him

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1293 on: August 19, 2007, 09:57:08 PM »

Dosent sound like him
Jon was interviewed on the Howard Stern show back when the album came out and as you know Howard doesn't ask your typical interview questions.  Jon was quite candid and open with his answers.  Didn't give the obligatory no comment, or I can't talk about that.  He's not afraid to speak his mind.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1294 on: August 19, 2007, 10:13:57 PM »

I don't know exactly where this information came from but someone posted it on myspace.  I'm going to the November 3rd show.  Can't say I'm thrilled with the opening act.  Nothing against Gretchen Wilson, I'm just not a fan.  She's got a good voice though, I must say. 

Thursday, Oct 25
My Chemical Romance

Friday, Oct 26
My Chemical Romance

Sunday, Oct 28
Big And Rich

Tuesday, Oct 30
Big And Rich

Thursday, Nov 1
Gretchen Wilson

Saturday, Nov 3
Gretchen Wilson

Sunday, Nov 4
The All American Rejects

Wednesday, Nov 7
The All American Rejects

Friday, Nov 9
Daughtry

Saturday, Nov 10
Daughtry

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1295 on: August 20, 2007, 06:19:39 AM »

Dosent sound like him

Yes it does Wink

Those are stories he has told before, in old interviews yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1296 on: August 20, 2007, 03:16:02 PM »

My Chemical Romance are opening for BJ?

Thats interesting

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1297 on: August 20, 2007, 03:18:05 PM »

Thats interesting

its terrible, i feel sorry for any fans who have to sit through such a shitty band.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1298 on: August 20, 2007, 11:02:55 PM »

Thats interesting

its terrible, i feel sorry for any fans who have to sit through such a shitty band.
I'd much rather them than the other choices.  I wouldn't call myself a fan but I could tolerate them, the others, not so much.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1299 on: August 31, 2007, 11:09:20 AM »

Nothing really to do with Bon Jovi But I thought id post it anyways

Edm. man paralyzed at Bon Jovi show

Edm. man paralyzed at Bon Jovi show

EDMONTON (CP) -- An Edmonton man walked into a Bon Jovi concert and left a quadriplegic.

Dennis Schulz and his wife Elana Hartman were enjoying the concert July 12 at Rexall Place in Edmonton when two men seated behind them began fighting.

They say one of the men fell on top of Schulz, injuring his spinal cord and leaving him paralyzed -- he can't eat, walk or move.

"Nobody would have thought that you go there and never come out the same again," he said from his hospital bed.

"I brush Denis's teeth," said Hartman. "I wash Denis's face. I help Denis cough. He had to learn how to breathe again."

Schulz, 40, a father of two, will never work again as a journeyman machinist.

The couple want police to investigate, but they say they won't return their calls.

Edmonton police say they weren't called to Rexall Place that night and say it's a civil matter.

The couple say they have met once with the insurers of Northlands Park, the owners of the arena, but haven't heard back from them.

Northlands said in a release it was aware of an incident that happened at the Bon Jovi concert and "appropriate" parties" are investigating.

What the couple really want are answers and an apology from the two strangers who changed their lives.

"I just would really like to see him sit here for a week and watch what I have to go through on a daily basis," Schultz said.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: