Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:18:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 210697 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1260 on: July 18, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »

But fuck that is such a double standard.

Axl can say "Bon Jovi can suck my dick" and thats ok but if Jon says something all of a sudden he is a hater Asshole? Please someone show me how that is not a complete fuckin hypocrisy?

Part of Axl's charm and legacy is his rants onstage talkin shit about other performers: Kurt Cobain, Poison etc etc etc

there are people who hate bon jovi, that is fine

but to desecrate their legacy as if they are some glorifed boy band who by some miracle of luck and smoke and mirrors have fooled and tricked audiences to still love them after all these years is wrong.

People love their music, Bon Jovi ALWAYS fuckin deliver, have always treated their fans amazingly well and they give 100 percent on every album and performance.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1261 on: July 18, 2007, 08:11:30 PM »

But fuck that is such a double standard.

Axl can say "Bon Jovi can suck my dick" and thats ok but if Jon says something all of a sudden he is a hater Asshole? Please someone show me how that is not a complete fuckin hypocrisy?

Part of Axl's charm and legacy is his rants onstage talkin shit about other performers: Kurt Cobain, Poison etc etc etc

there are people who hate bon jovi, that is fine

but to desecrate their legacy as if they are some glorifed boy band who by some miracle of luck and smoke and mirrors have fooled and tricked audiences to still love them after all these years is wrong.

People love their music, Bon Jovi ALWAYS fuckin deliver, have always treated their fans amazingly well and they give 100 percent on every album and performance.
I'm paying $103 to go see them in November, so they BETTER deliver.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #1262 on: July 18, 2007, 08:22:25 PM »

Hey! Didn't you hear the man?! Bon Jovi ALWAYS deliver!!                         And if you are lucky they will be on stage for 30  minutes or less.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1263 on: July 18, 2007, 08:30:24 PM »

Hey! Didn't you hear the man?! Bon Jovi ALWAYS deliver!!? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?And if you are lucky they will be on stage for 30? minutes or less.
Yeah I loved Bon Jovi in the 80's (Slippery When Wet was my first tape, followed by Hysteria).  You could count the number of songs of theirs that I've liked since then on one hand I'm pretty sure.  But I respect what they've done.  Jon seems like a really down to earth guy.

By the way, my love for Bon Jovi turned to hate in high school and I actually gave away my Slippery When Wet and New Jersey tapes.  Bad decision on my part, although I don't know when the last time I actually listened to a tape was.  I've since replaced Slippery When Wet in CD form, but have yet to purchase New Jersey.  Both great discs, in my opinion.  If they played those 2 in full I'd be more than happy, though I know that's not gonna happen.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #1264 on: July 18, 2007, 10:29:32 PM »

Hey! Didn't you hear the man?! Bon Jovi ALWAYS deliver!!? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?And if you are lucky they will be on stage for 30? minutes or less.
Yeah I loved Bon Jovi in the 80's (Slippery When Wet was my first tape, followed by Hysteria).? You could count the number of songs of theirs that I've liked since then on one hand I'm pretty sure.? But I respect what they've done.? Jon seems like a really down to earth guy.

By the way, my love for Bon Jovi turned to hate in high school and I actually gave away my Slippery When Wet and New Jersey tapes.? Bad decision on my part, although I don't know when the last time I actually listened to a tape was.? I've since replaced Slippery When Wet in CD form, but have yet to purchase New Jersey.? Both great discs, in my opinion.? If they played those 2 in full I'd be more than happy, though I know that's not gonna happen.

Jon Bon Jovi is not down to earth. Hardly any writer or interviewer has ever even gotten the guy to open up one bit. He always has his guard up. He has nothing in common with any down to earth regular folk.

There's a lot goin on here.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1265 on: July 18, 2007, 10:36:23 PM »

^
Jon doesn't make his personal life public. He doesn't want to be tabloid Fodder and I applaud him for that.

I like what his wife said about their kids, she told their kids:

"Your dad is famous for writing and playing music, that is why he gets his picture taken and he is in magazines, U guys are kids and aren't famous. One day if u do something to become famous, u can then have your pictures taken, until then u are kids."

I love that attitude and respect the hell out of Jon and his wife for that. So many celebs use kids as publicity tools.

Jon doesn't do all that great charity work for press or positive Publicity. He does it cause he geniunely cares about people.

faldor, I can guarantee u will love the fuck out of that concert in November.

Jon is really getting his voice back strong *if u watched Live Earth u would notice he was hitting notes he hadn't hit since the "These Days" tour.

So after u see them, I can't wait to hear your review.

When u see Bon Jovi, u will see a group Show up on time, Give an unbelievable show and will give u every bit of energy they have and truly earn every dollar u spend.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1266 on: July 19, 2007, 12:15:04 AM »

^
Jon doesn't make his personal life public. He doesn't want to be tabloid Fodder and I applaud him for that.

I like what his wife said about their kids, she told their kids:

"Your dad is famous for writing and playing music, that is why he gets his picture taken and he is in magazines, U guys are kids and aren't famous. One day if u do something to become famous, u can then have your pictures taken, until then u are kids."

I love that attitude and respect the hell out of Jon and his wife for that. So many celebs use kids as publicity tools.

Jon doesn't do all that great charity work for press or positive Publicity. He does it cause he geniunely cares about people.

faldor, I can guarantee u will love the fuck out of that concert in November.

Jon is really getting his voice back strong *if u watched Live Earth u would notice he was hitting notes he hadn't hit since the "These Days" tour.

So after u see them, I can't wait to hear your review.

When u see Bon Jovi, u will see a group Show up on time, Give an unbelievable show and will give u every bit of energy they have and truly earn every dollar u spend.

I'm sure I'll enjoy it.  I can't really remember a concert I've been to that I haven't enjoyed.  And just for the record, while I've only seen GNR twice they were 2 of the best nights of my life regardless of what time they took the stage.  Going to see Def Leppard tomorrow night in fact, should be a good time.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1267 on: July 19, 2007, 04:58:59 AM »

Why don't you just go in another thread ? You're comments are not even funny.

I won't say anything else, don't want to get bad karma.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1268 on: July 19, 2007, 06:59:26 AM »

hey, one thing no one can knock about them as a band is, they always release an album within a few years and often tour all parts of the world...... more than can be said for some bands! (and no, that wasnt directed towards gnr)

html sucks
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1269 on: July 19, 2007, 07:21:38 AM »

Anyone heard Richie Sambora's solo albums, they are fantastic!  Father Time on his 1st record is one of my favourite all time songs, that album Stranger In This Town is track to track bluesy greatness!

I haven't heard anything off the new album i just wasn't really interested, my interested dwindled with Have A Nice Day.  Doesn't bother me too much though they have such a back catalogue of great albums for me to listen to, every album up to Crush i'm a big fan of, still really wanna see 'em live one day.....
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #1270 on: July 19, 2007, 07:35:21 AM »

Why don't you just go in another thread ? You're comments are not even funny.

I won't say anything else, don't want to get bad karma.
Sorry, I must have missed the section in the rules which states that you must approve all jokes.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #1271 on: July 19, 2007, 10:09:45 PM »

Yeah I loved Bon Jovi in the 80's (Slippery When Wet was my first tape, followed by Hysteria).? You could count the number of songs of theirs that I've liked since then on one hand I'm pretty sure.? But I respect what they've done.? Jon seems like a really down to earth guy.

By the way, my love for Bon Jovi turned to hate in high school and I actually gave away my Slippery When Wet and New Jersey tapes.? Bad decision on my part, although I don't know when the last time I actually listened to a tape was.? I've since replaced Slippery When Wet in CD form, but have yet to purchase New Jersey.? Both great discs, in my opinion.? If they played those 2 in full I'd be more than happy, though I know that's not gonna happen.

Jon Bon Jovi is not down to earth. Hardly any writer or interviewer has ever even gotten the guy to open up one bit. He always has his guard up. He has nothing in common with any down to earth regular folk.
What a load of bullshit Roll Eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CBJPX_4sA0&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_QKBzz61lk&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK4J_a-afNQ&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vassje7F1uQ&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXqgbplv5J0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-HMk85vxU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn6EqWP2bQ4

Enough's enough. Why don't you raise some valid points next time.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1272 on: July 19, 2007, 11:04:37 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi Wants Mijovi Energy Drink to Change Its Name

Thursday, July 19, 2007
AP

MANCHESTER, N.J. ?  Jon Bon Jovi wants the owner of the Mijovi energy drink to change its name, arguing it is too similar to his famous moniker.

But Marcos Carrington says his coffee-based energy drink is named after his girlfriend, whose name is Jovita, not the 45-year-old rocker.

In a Jan. 22 letter, Los Angeles lawyer Peter Laird, representing Bon Jovi, objected to the word "Mijovi" as well as other words "itsmijovi" and "itsmilife" that appear in the company's marketing materials and on the can. Rather than use Carrington's spelling, the letter used the phrases, "It's My Jovi" and "It's My Life."

"As you should be aware, one of Bon Jovi's most popular songs is entitled 'It's My Life,"' the letter states. "We hereby demand that you immediately cease and desist all further use of the name 'Mijovi' and 'It's My Life."'

Carrington said the words "itsmijovi" and "itsmilife" are meant to mean "it's my jovial life." The full phrase on the can is "itsmienergy.itsmijovi.itsmilife."

"It is just unfair," Carrington, 37, told The Asbury Park Press for Thursday's newspapers. "It is unfair because Mijovi has nothing to do with Bon Jovi."

A spokeswoman for Bon Jovi declined comment when contacted by the newspaper.

Carrington said he started Mijovi in August 2004 as a way to raise funds for an environmental consulting business.

He said there were no coffee-based energy drinks even though coffee is one of the best-selling beverages in the U.S. Working with a flavor company, he developed Mijovi, a coffee drink that contains taurine, B-vitamins and caffeine.

Carrington says he's willing to stop using "itsmilife" on cans once an inventory of 3,000 cans is used up. But he says he's keeping the faith ? and the name Mijovi.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289946,00.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1273 on: July 20, 2007, 11:01:20 AM »

Jon Bon Jovi Wants Mijovi Energy Drink to Change Its Name

Thursday, July 19, 2007
AP

MANCHESTER, N.J. ?  Jon Bon Jovi wants the owner of the Mijovi energy drink to change its name, arguing it is too similar to his famous moniker.

But Marcos Carrington says his coffee-based energy drink is named after his girlfriend, whose name is Jovita, not the 45-year-old rocker.

In a Jan. 22 letter, Los Angeles lawyer Peter Laird, representing Bon Jovi, objected to the word "Mijovi" as well as other words "itsmijovi" and "itsmilife" that appear in the company's marketing materials and on the can. Rather than use Carrington's spelling, the letter used the phrases, "It's My Jovi" and "It's My Life."

"As you should be aware, one of Bon Jovi's most popular songs is entitled 'It's My Life,"' the letter states. "We hereby demand that you immediately cease and desist all further use of the name 'Mijovi' and 'It's My Life."'

Carrington said the words "itsmijovi" and "itsmilife" are meant to mean "it's my jovial life." The full phrase on the can is "itsmienergy.itsmijovi.itsmilife."

"It is just unfair," Carrington, 37, told The Asbury Park Press for Thursday's newspapers. "It is unfair because Mijovi has nothing to do with Bon Jovi."

A spokeswoman for Bon Jovi declined comment when contacted by the newspaper.

Carrington said he started Mijovi in August 2004 as a way to raise funds for an environmental consulting business.

He said there were no coffee-based energy drinks even though coffee is one of the best-selling beverages in the U.S. Working with a flavor company, he developed Mijovi, a coffee drink that contains taurine, B-vitamins and caffeine.

Carrington says he's willing to stop using "itsmilife" on cans once an inventory of 3,000 cans is used up. But he says he's keeping the faith ? and the name Mijovi.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,289946,00.html

You see, Jon thinks the world revolves around him, thinking that the name of a drink is named after him,what a twat.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1274 on: July 20, 2007, 12:47:30 PM »

Sounds pretty similiar to me.

U don't let someone make money off your name.

I don't think anyone can argue Jon's business sense.

Say what u want about him, but the man is one of the more brilliant business men in music history.

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #1275 on: July 20, 2007, 01:28:43 PM »

If he gets away with this, the makers of "Bon Bons" are fucked.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1276 on: July 22, 2007, 04:01:18 AM »

If he gets away with this, the makers of "Bon Bons" are fucked.

Ha ha, so true rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1277 on: July 23, 2007, 12:11:09 PM »

I think Jon is gonna a little overboard and should probably Chill.

Shit like this turns people off cause it makes u look like an asshole.

U have a mega successful new album, U are finally getting some respect, I say turn the other cheek and don't get caught up in stuff like this.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1278 on: July 23, 2007, 12:12:46 PM »

I think Jon is gonna a little overboard and should probably Chill.

Shit like this turns people off cause it makes u look like an asshole.

U have a mega successful new album, U are finally getting some respect, I say turn the other cheek and don't get caught up in stuff like this.

its not like hes gonna lose out on any money either is it lol if these people use a name with a slight resembleance (sp?) to his stage name.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1279 on: July 23, 2007, 12:15:31 PM »

I just always fear the Lars Ulrich curse.

If u are worth over a hundred million, u shouldn't sue anybody unless its really major cause everyday folks hate what appears to be greed.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: