Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 210728 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1240 on: July 16, 2007, 10:02:09 PM »

Honestly not to pick on people but all these "This Band sold more than Bon Jovi in concerts, albums, plastic figurines, halloween costumes" and vice versa is a really strange way to judge music or say who is actually better. Nsync and the backstreet boys outsold everyone for years. I don't think that anyone on this board would agree that makes it good or credible music. Who cares how "big" a band is? I like to see artists I'm a fan of do well but honestly sometimes I would rather not have em be one of the biggest out there. I like seeing bad religion in a club as opposed to having to pay literally 5 times as much for a spot where I am sitting throughout the show trying to squint and make out who I am looking at while hoping the speakers make it to me.

This is the point u and EVERYBODY ARE MISSING and u guys are smart enough to understand this.

Nsync and Backstreet and Britney were HUGE for a period of 3 to 4 years, That AINT SHIT

Bon Jovi have been doing this for 22 Fucking YEARS!

Thats longer than most of u on here have been alive.

So dont compare shitty boy bands and their popularity to a band that is as popular 22 years in as ever.

Thats gotta mean something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #1241 on: July 17, 2007, 08:10:42 AM »

It does mean something. It means he is still 15 years behind Bruce Springsteen.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #1242 on: July 17, 2007, 11:55:28 AM »

Springsteen doesn't make hit records anymore.

Bon Jovi's success is the type even the Rolling Stones dont have and will not have.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #1243 on: July 17, 2007, 01:19:31 PM »

If you meant that he attempts to make music that is diverse that won't get played on top 40 crap radio, then I agree with you.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1244 on: July 17, 2007, 02:00:29 PM »

Is Tico Torres capable of anything remotely close to what Danny does on Right in Two?

Beleive me, Torres is one fuck of a drummer. A freind of mine knows him and he's tremendous.

But Jovi's music doesn't call for him to add or blow people away on the songs. This is not a bad thing.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1245 on: July 17, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »

Bon Jovi's success is the type even the Rolling Stones dont have and will not have.

Haha.

The Rolling Stones keep smashing records and they're eligible for Social Security.

Hahahahaha at anyone who thinks BJ>RS

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #1246 on: July 17, 2007, 04:58:57 PM »

Haha.

The Rolling Stones keep smashing records and they're eligible for Social Security.

When's the last all-new RS album gotten even close to BJ's sales? The Rolling Stones can tour and tour and tour, but they aren't capable of having a hit record. From the looks of it, Bon Jovi aren't capable of having a record that isn't a hit.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1247 on: July 17, 2007, 05:02:48 PM »

Haha.

When's the last all-new RS album gotten even close to BJ's sales? The Rolling Stones can tour and tour and tour, but they aren't capable of having a hit record. From the looks of it, Bon Jovi aren't capable of having a record that isn't a hit.

when bon jovis 60 something and ugly as pig shit, lets see how well they do then.

html sucks
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1248 on: July 17, 2007, 05:22:13 PM »

Haha.

A Bigger Bang went platinum.

D's always talking about how BJ can sell out a stadium anywhere.  Fair play on his part, but for you to say that the Stones don't have BJ's success and can't have his success is pure baloney.

They've been around for 45 years, I can always whip that out too.

Once again.

Hahahaha
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1249 on: July 18, 2007, 12:37:14 AM »

This comparing BJ to other bands needs to stop!!! There can be more than one amazing band on this planet people. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:46:06 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1250 on: July 18, 2007, 02:16:02 AM »

WOW

Its funny how so many people on here proved my point without realizing it.

Rolling Stones are successful 45 years in so that means something JUST LIKE Bon jovi being around 22 years means more than these bands they are being compared to.

When Tool makes 12 successful albums and can still tour and have fans, THEN u can say something.

I say Slippery When Wet has outsold all their albums combined.

Thank U THE DIRT

Tico is an awesome drummer.

People on here remind me of little kids at a magic show. They get so WOWED and in AWWWWWWWWWW over little drum clinic tricks or Guitar Gymnastics when in reality its just a sideshow.

Give me the guy who knows dynamics, and tempo and can make u feel the drums comin through the speakers and can speak with his drums.

Guys banging a bunch of drums real fast or guys playing 100 note guitar solo's in 10 seconds MEANS SHIT to me.

Give me the guy who can make u FEEL something everytime.
Fuck technical ability

U want technical ability go listen to a fuckin Symphony, They have more technical ability than all rockstars combined but no body is gonna buy their fuckin albums.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1251 on: July 18, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »

tommy lee always hits me pretty good with his drumming, when in motley crue!

html sucks
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1252 on: July 18, 2007, 11:15:13 AM »

Haha.

when bon jovis 60 something and ugly as pig shit, lets see how well they do then.

Agreed!
slashBOG
« Reply #1253 on: July 18, 2007, 12:22:31 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi is gonna be playing a small concert along with Fito Paez and Alex Syntec in Bogota , Colombia tonight . Ticket prices for his concert were 650 dollars. All proceeds are going to a benefit program, which I dont know what it is. I dont know if anyone has more information about this, I know cause my cousin is going and she just called me very excited cause she had front row tickets smoking
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1254 on: July 18, 2007, 01:41:36 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi is gonna be playing a small concert along with Fito Paez and Alex Syntec in Bogota , Colombia tonight . Ticket prices for his concert were 650 dollars. All proceeds are going to a benefit program, which I dont know what it is. I dont know if anyone has more information about this, I know cause my cousin is going and she just called me very excited cause she had front row tickets smoking

Jon

unlike a lot of other 'Stars' Does all sorts of stuff for charity

He is in real big with Habitat for Humanity and what he does is, He goes around poor neighborhoods and rebuilds homes etc to help give people a better life.

Guys Bon Jovi aren't goin away.

in 15 years, If Jon wants to do an album or tour, it will still sell very well. He has the "IT" factor people love and will always love.

Jon, Unlike so many other bands isn't a FAD or riding the high waves of trends. No matter what style of music has been popular, Bon Jovi have always survived.

U can't say that for only a handful of bands.

Say what u want but Bon Jovi are having bigger hits than Metallica right now, They are having bigger hits than any band not named U2 from that decade.

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #1255 on: July 18, 2007, 04:20:11 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi is gonna be playing a small concert along with Fito Paez and Alex Syntec in Bogota , Colombia tonight . Ticket prices for his concert were 650 dollars. All proceeds are going to a benefit program, which I dont know what it is.
  He is raising money for singing lessons and a personality transplant.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1256 on: July 18, 2007, 04:59:36 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi is gonna be playing a small concert along with Fito Paez and Alex Syntec in Bogota , Colombia tonight . Ticket prices for his concert were 650 dollars. All proceeds are going to a benefit program, which I dont know what it is.
? He is raising money for singing lessons and a personality transplant.

I hate when people use looks or this and that as a reason.

U can fool the public for 3 or 4 years.

U cant fool the public for 22 years.

Jon is a great songwriter, singer, musician and businessman.

People on here are hating on Jon because he "SUPPOSEDLY" said that stuff about Axl.

I personally don't think he said that stuff. Just isn't his character or even remotely sounded like the way he talks.

1. Jon never would use the word Motherfucker in an interview. Totally goes against his image.

2. Jon honestly could care less about Axl, Why would he care if a few magazines had tiny paragraphs dedicated to Axl?

So people want to hate on Jon for lies printed in a magazine but yet will listen to a song like "Get in The Ring" and support Axl when he talks about Magazines lying.

People are drones and bots and aren't able for the most part to think for themselves.

That is sad and pathetic.

Same reason people all of a sudden are hating on Scott Weiland when they were lovin him a year or two ago.

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #1257 on: July 18, 2007, 05:55:30 PM »

According to the record sales and concert attendance numbers you like to quote, I'd say he's managed to fool quite alot of people in 22 years. Maybe people just dont like his music.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1258 on: July 18, 2007, 06:07:53 PM »

People on here are hating on Jon because he "SUPPOSEDLY" said that stuff about Axl.

I personally don't think he said that stuff. Just isn't his character or even remotely sounded like the way he talks.

1. Jon never would use the word Motherfucker in an interview. Totally goes against his image.

2. Jon honestly could care less about Axl, Why would he care if a few magazines had tiny paragraphs dedicated to Axl?

So people want to hate on Jon for lies printed in a magazine but yet will listen to a song like "Get in The Ring" and support Axl when he talks about Magazines lying.

People are drones and bots and aren't able for the most part to think for themselves.

Same reason people all of a sudden are hating on Scott Weiland when they were lovin him a year or two ago.

i agree with your points D, i havbe noticed if axl says he doesnt like a band/person loads of people on here suddenly dont either.

html sucks
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #1259 on: July 18, 2007, 07:12:30 PM »

I didn't like him before he suposedly said that stuff, he just loves himself, but i'll admit after i heard what he'd apparently said that made me think he was childish and likes to be the centre of attention constantly.Anyways it wasn't just him who apparently dissed a gnr member, i remember hearing that the keyboardist slagged off the whole band.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: