Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 210839 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #1160 on: June 19, 2007, 06:52:50 AM »

^
 hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

I walked right into that one. hihi hihi

Dude, I'm just busting your balls. I hope you really enjoy the new CD.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1161 on: June 19, 2007, 03:23:23 PM »

Richie going into rehab is the most rock n roll thing Bon Jovi has ever done.

Well if u don't consider 110 million albums, 2 or 3 of the greatest rock songs ever and being the only band from their Genre to survive the 80's un Rock n Roll, then y eah u are right. ok
GN'R survived the '80s too, just not most of it's band members. hihi

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1162 on: June 19, 2007, 03:58:37 PM »

GNR weren't really an 80's band though, just as Metallica, Chili Peppers and U2 arent really associated with the genre Bon Jovi were.

The new album is Fan Fucking tastic

Honestly one of the best Bon Jovi albums ever. This is one I am proud for non Bon Jovi fans to hear cause it is almost 100 percent Cheese Free.

Seat Next To You is probably my Favorite Bon Jovi song since Always. Honestly that song gives me chill bumps everytime I hear it.

They did a great job on this one.

Can someone  NICO......... hook me up with "Lonely"?

It isn't on the US version.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slashBOG
« Reply #1163 on: June 19, 2007, 04:20:31 PM »

^
Those bands dont sell albums for 24 years.

Go see Bon Jovi live and I guarantee u eat your words

By far one of the best live bands around.

Agreed.. One of the best concerts I ve been too... It was so good,, that I drove the next day 4 hours to see them again.. and I ve been to a looooooot of shows..  yes
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1164 on: June 20, 2007, 04:33:35 AM »

Can someone? NICO......... hook me up with "Lonely"?

It isn't on the US version.

Sure, check your pm's Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1165 on: June 20, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »

Only song I am not crazy about is "We Got It Goin On" Its probably the most Country sounding of the songs but outside of it, the album is excellent.

Every song is at least an 8 except for the above mentioned one and Id give it a 2, probably my least fav BJ song ever, probably has more to do with Big And Rich.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1166 on: June 20, 2007, 08:00:40 PM »

Only song I am not crazy about is "We Got It Goin On" Its probably the most Country sounding of the songs but outside of it, the album is excellent.

Every song is at least an 8 except for the above mentioned one and Id give it a 2, probably my least fav BJ song ever, probably has more to do with Big And Rich.
I really haven't been a fan of Bon Jovi's work since the 90's and on, but I listened to most of the songs on vh1.com.  They were alright, nothing that's gonna make me rush out and buy my first Bon Jovi disc since New Jersey, but I can respect what they've done.  I do agree whole heartedly with you about the Big and Rich song though, I thought that was terrible.  I was afraid I was gonna be wrong about that one and people would love it.  Although so far it's only you and me saying it sucks, I have a feeling the masses are gonna eat it up.  They love those unlikely collaborations.  I may even go see Bon Jovi open up the new arena in NJ next fall.  Got the offer last night.  Exciting stuff.  I just hope they play plenty of Slippery When Wet and New Jersey material.  Especially Bad Medicine. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1167 on: June 20, 2007, 08:55:54 PM »

^
Go see them.

They play a lot of older stuff and usually 5 or 6 new songs.

U will get plenty of hits though, trust me. ok

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1168 on: June 20, 2007, 10:27:51 PM »

^
Go see them.

They play a lot of older stuff and usually 5 or 6 new songs.

U will get plenty of hits though, trust me. ok
Yeah I'm looking forward to it.  My friends (big fans) are supposed to get the tix on Saturday.  They didn't want to buy "good seats" gecause they plan on going to see him more than once.  I was supposed to go see them last summer but those plans fell through.  I heard he puts on a good show and I'm sure the crowd in their home state will do nothing but enhance the experience.  A good crowd can do so much for a show.  I went to see Guns at MSG last year and it was NO comparison to when I saw them in Hartford in 2002.  Such a better atmosphere, which I would imagine would be the case for Bon Jovi in Jersey, opening up a new arena no less.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1169 on: June 21, 2007, 02:21:56 AM »

Thats the difference with Bon Jovi. the atmosphere is amazing at every concert.

I Saw them in Cincinnatti and there were times u could barely hear Jon sing over the crowd. It was a religious experience let me tell u.

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1170 on: June 21, 2007, 08:21:53 AM »

Could anyone send me a link to the import "Lonely"?

Thanks...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #1171 on: June 21, 2007, 04:29:18 PM »

i want lonely, i already had to buy the album twice, once for the target bonus version and once for the itunes version

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1172 on: June 21, 2007, 08:48:24 PM »

Jon "stopped by" the Howard Stern show today in the midst of his promo tour.  I'm a devout listener to Stern and didn't realize he was gonna be on the show.  I think it was sort of last minute, Stern said Jon called and asked if he could come on the show.  Since they're friends, he agreed to have him on.  Here's a rundown of what went down, courtesy of www.howardstern.com.

Jon Bon Jovi came in to promote the band?s new album, ?Lost Highway.? Howard reported that Bon Jovi has sold 120 million albums and asked Jon if he felt the band got the respect they deserved. Jon answered that ?you can't demand respect, you've gotta earn it,? noting ?it's coming around.? Howard asked Jon why he did American Idol, and Jon replied that American Idol's audience is the size of Oprah and 60 Minutes combined. Jon remarked that he can no longer get on ?the Z100s of the world,? so it's a necessary evil.

Jon noted that iPods are creating a single-based industry, which is killing the magic of the b-side, adding that he can't get his kids to visit a record store these days. Greg asked why Jon isn't resting on his laurels. Jon said he's a creative guy who loves to make music, and for him, a big part of that is sharing it with the world. Jon confessed that he can't stand the idea of living off of ?Living On A Prayer? for the rest of his life because nostalgia disgusts him. Jon then asked Artie how doing American Idol is different than a Bob Dylan song being used in a Victoria's Secret commercial. Artie said that Jon had a point.
WHAT'S UP WITH RICHIE?

Howard asked Jon about Richie Sambora's recent struggles. Jon said Richie was ?using to excess? after his divorce, his dad's death and breaking his shoulder, so the band sat down with him and asked him to get some help. Richie immediately jumped on a plane and went to detox. Howard and Robin asked what happened between Richie and Heather, and Jon said he didn't know. Howard claimed he knew that Jon didn't like Heather, but Jon denied that ? vehemently. Greg remarked that Jon looked way too good for his age, so Howard asked him if he'd had any work done. Jon said he's never gotten anything ?done.?

Howard asked which Hollywood actress Jon would most like to date, and Jon cited Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore, or Keira Knightly. Howard and the crew asked him what he thought about Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johanson, and Jon replied that they were too young for him. Bong Hit Eric called up to ask why Jon never did Heather Locklear. Jon said he could never follow both Tommy Lee and Richie. Howard agreed and asked if Richie's penis was as big as everyone says. Without pause, Jon said it was ?like a baby's arm in a boxing glove.?

Just of few of my personal notes that weren't mentioned.  Jon, speaking about American Idol, said that he had never even seen the show until someone gave him a DVD of Gwen Stefani performing on an episode earlier this season.  So it sounded like he wasn't a fan of the show.  He didn't do it because he liked the show or wanted to help the kids out.  He did it strictly for promotion, which you can't blame him for.  American Idol wins, Jon wins, all is good.  I didn't get to hear the end of the interview (had to get to work) but I heard Howard and the gang recapping the part about Jon not wanting to be nostalgic and wanting to play his "new" songs.  Artie Lange actually joked that "it's good that guys like Jon and Bruce Springsteen keep writing NEW songs.  That gives the people time to go to the bathroom at concerts".  Not that that's a real original joke, but I thought it was funny that he said it right there with Jon in the studio.  After he left guest commedian, Greg Fitzsimmons commented on how when he goes to a concert he wans to hear the "classics" not some new songs nobody's heard of.  A debate that sounds quite familiar to this forum.

Kady.52
Headliner

Me, You An' My Ball & Chain

« Reply #1173 on: June 22, 2007, 06:19:05 PM »

I think ?9.95 on the new album is one of the best things i've bought since i paid 25p for Spaghetti Incident. tho I did once pay ?25 for Live Era.

but yeah, i thought We Got It Goin' On was one of the best songs on the album, and I didn't think much of Make A Memory tbh. 

anyone else notice how similar the cover was to Springsteens' Nebraska? or just me.   nervous

Angels wear spandex.

Sarkozy makes me ashamed to be French
robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1174 on: June 27, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »

Its official LH is no1 in the US

First US no1 cd since New Jersey in 88 and the best debut week the band have had with over 280,000 units sold.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1175 on: June 27, 2007, 07:08:08 PM »

O2 Arena
London, England
Sunday, June 24, 2007

Prayer
Bad Name
Lost Highway
Whole Lot Of Leavin
Runaway
Born To Be My Baby
It?s My Life
Memory
I Love This Town
We Got It Going On
Who Says
Sleep
Bad Medicine w/ Shout
Any Other Day
Saturday Nite
Hallelujah
Last Nite
Wanted
Faith

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #1176 on: June 27, 2007, 07:43:26 PM »

First US no1 cd since New Jersey in 88 and the best debut week the band have had with over 280,000 units sold.

beer

Are they coming in Europe anytime soon?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1177 on: June 27, 2007, 10:20:20 PM »

beer

Are they coming in Europe anytime soon?
I don't think so.  I believe they're just playing an abbreviated schedule this year (US dates), then a full blown world tour next year.

badapple81
« Reply #1178 on: June 27, 2007, 11:56:14 PM »

I think Jon said Australia would get a visit later in the year.

I don't like Lost Highway at all though.. why oh why did they have to go country  no
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1179 on: June 28, 2007, 12:27:40 AM »

Fuck yeah beat the White Stripes!!

Lost Highway is a great album

Only a few songs that sound real country.

my Lost Highway Review:

Lost Highway:
Great song, builds on Radio Saved my Life Tonight kinda vibe, Best lyrics Jon has wrote maybe ever, that song is an autobiography of my life. Great melody,chorus, music. Excellent song? ?8.5 out of 10

Summertime: This song is ok, nothing really special about it.? 6.5 out of 10

Make A Memory: Nice love song, great melodies, simple but tells a good love story? 8 out of 10

Whole Lot Of Leavin Goin On? This song is excellent, great music, great lyrics, I cant say enough great things about this song one of my favs ont he album 9 out of 10

We Got It Goin On: Gayest song I have ever heard. this shit fuckin sucks, Like Two Gay Guys wrestling in a pit of cheese. 2 out of 10

Any Other Day: Simply fantastic 10 out of 10? one of the best BJ songs in years. has great music, great lyrics nice message and is beautiful.

Seat Next To You: This is my fav ont he album and probably one of my fav BJ songs since the These Days album. its about the death of Richie's father and how one day in Heaven u save a seat next to you for the person u love. It is so beautiful and touching. Jon's voice is amazing on this one and the music is so melodic and gorgeous.? 20 out of 10

Everybodys Broken? 8 out of 10

Till We Aint Strangers anymore? 9 out of 10? this will be a huge hit Great duet with Leann Rimes

The Last Night 8 out of 10

One Step Closer 9 out of 10

I Love this town: this song is like a sequel to Wild In The Streets it gets a big fat 10 out of 10.

This album is amazing, best album of 07 by far.

Once again they and the CHili Peppers are the only two of my fav bands that never seem to disappoint me. THey are always fantastic.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: