Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:20:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 210875 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #1120 on: May 12, 2007, 10:57:49 PM »

I think they played Dry county then .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1121 on: May 13, 2007, 01:46:38 AM »

Yeah, I own the TLFR DVD, u can buy it anywhere. Its an amazing concert and if u can forget how the songs sounded and give the new style a chance they are still awesome.

I heard the reason Dry County isnt on the DVD is cause they played 3 nights in London and Dry County was on the first night and they only recorded for the DVD on the 3rd night.

Dont know how true that is. Also RIchie had a technical problem with his guitar if u listen to that clip and everything goes out but drums/bass and keyboard for about a verse.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #1122 on: May 13, 2007, 02:32:08 AM »

No I have the TLFR DVD.. I was asking about the Yokohama show.. is it out there on bootleg??

The London 95 DVD is an edited setlist  Sad When I came out on DVD from VHS I thought we might get the extra tracks  no
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1123 on: May 13, 2007, 07:32:11 AM »

From the London 95 DVD there are other missing songs than Dry County :

I'd Die For You, Runaway, These Days and Blood On Blood were also played. Too bad ...

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1124 on: May 13, 2007, 07:33:31 AM »

No I have the TLFR DVD.. I was asking about the Yokohama show.. is it out there on bootleg??

Yeah, audio & video yes

Soundboard recording, and the video was broadcasted live for a japanese TV Wink

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1125 on: May 13, 2007, 10:13:01 AM »

After the AI show, Bon Jovi songs were all over the online charts ! A lot of songs were legally bought online :

(You Want To) Make A Memory is the higher entry, at #15 with 51,000 downloads.

Then :

Wanted Dead Or Alive at #25 with 39,000 downloads.
You Give Love A Bad Name at #29 with 33,000 downloads.
Livin' On A Prayer at #30 with 32,000 downloads.
Blaze Of Glory at #45 with 33,000 downloads
Have A Nice Day at #46 with 33,000 downloads.

It's My Life (that wasn't played that night) is #55 with 17,000 downloads, just like This Ain't A Love Song.

Who Says You Can't Go Home, Shot Through The Heart and I'll Be There For You went also into the charts.

And here a few videos about JBJ and his fight for Project Home :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wye63XLo1A

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:16:42 AM by NicoRourke » Logged

Long live GN'R.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1126 on: May 14, 2007, 01:18:23 AM »

I've been listening to Keep The Faith again recently, what a great album! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1127 on: June 08, 2007, 03:58:43 AM »

Richie Sambora has enterred a treatment center in Los Angeles, after the taping of the band's Unplugged performance no

He's got some drinking problems after a tough year (Divorce from Locklear, split with Richards and his father's death).

Band say he'll be okay to promote Lost Highway properly

Long live GN'R.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1128 on: June 08, 2007, 04:36:42 AM »

Richie Sambora has enterred a treatment center in Los Angeles, after the taping of the band's Unplugged performance no

He's got some drinking problems after a tough year (Divorce from Locklear, split with Richards and his father's death).

Band say he'll be okay to promote Lost Highway properly

Damn that sucks. Thats a tough year for anyone to handle.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1129 on: June 08, 2007, 07:58:44 AM »

Damn I hope he feels better. What a bad year. I'm definatley getting the album, the night it comes out. Bon Jovi rule.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1130 on: June 08, 2007, 08:24:14 AM »

I've just bought the CD. It's a very good album by the band, I'm very happy !

It's good to live in Belgium ok

Long live GN'R.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1131 on: June 08, 2007, 09:13:36 AM »

Could you send me some tracks? I would like that.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1132 on: June 08, 2007, 10:07:56 AM »

RICHIE SAMBORA HEADS TO REHAB:
Rumors of a rift in the Bon Jovi camp between frontman Jon Bon Jovi and guitarist Richie Sambora have been floating around for a year or so. News to light today will only add fuel to the flames I think. Sounds like the upcoming Unplugged broadcast may not see all of the band at their best. Over to the press articles online today:

1) "Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora entered an undisclosed treatment facility on Wednesday, a rep for the band tells People exclusively. "Richie Sambora has entered an undisclosed treatment facility in Los Angeles," the rep said in a statement. "He asks that you respect he and his family's privacy at this time." The specific nature of Sambora's problem was not disclosed. It has been a difficult year for Sambora, 47. He and actress Denise Richards broke up several months ago after dating for about a year. In April, his divorce from Heather Locklear was finalized. And that same month, his father died of lung cancer. (Richards accompanied Sambora to the funeral as a show of support, though they had ended their relationship by that point.) "Richie has had a terrible year," a close friend of the musician tells People. "I think this was a culmination of all these things and finally he realized he needed to take care of himself. He'd put off everything for so long taking care of everyone else it was just time to stop and deal with his issues." It is not clear how Sambora's treatment will affect his role in Bon Jovi. The band's new album, Lost Highway, is due out June 19. The group is scheduled to play some tour dates this summer, beginning June 24 in London, but it is a relatively light schedule. A much larger tour is being planned for 2008. The band is also set to appear on an upcoming episode of MTV's Unplugged, which was taped in New York on Tuesday. MTV was inspired to created the Unplugged series in part by Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi playing acoustic at the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards."

2) From perezhilton.com - "Bon Jovi's MTV Disaster - Bon Jovi was supposed to jump start the return of Unplugged to MTV, but their taping of the show on Tuesday was a complete and utter disaster, multiple sources confirm exclusively to PerezHilton.com. Bon Jovi recorded their Unplugged - which will air cross-platform on MTV, VH1 and CMT - in Brooklyn on Tuesday night for about 400 fans or so and Richie Sambora was blitzed the whole time. "They had a whole bunch of musicians on stage for most of the night to cover his mistakes on the guitar and would turn his mic off so he couldn't be off key," a spywitness tells us. Seems Denise Richards' ex-boyfriend was partying too hard before the show! Towards the end of the show, Jon Bon Jovi and Richie were on stage alone and Jon goes on to tell the story about how they started acoustically at the MTV VMAs once and.... "This is how Unplugged started...." A shocked source reveals, "As Wanted Dead or Alive started, Richie couldn't play along! During the song Jon stops and makes Richie start again and after the second take was finished the show was supposed to be over but Jon had the whole band come on stage to re-record the song a third time so Richie couldn't mess it up! Jon was clearly upset, but kept it together and handled it like a true pro!"

The 2nd part is very interesting

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1133 on: June 09, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »

Richie will be ok.

Jon will be supportive and give Richie time to get back on his feet.

Its  a shame though, Richie is so professional and actually finished an entire tour with a messed up broken arm *to bad Stinson couldn't man up like Richie*

anyhow for him to fall apart and mess up on Unplugged like that is bad and Im glad he is getting help.

I cannot wait to get Lost Highways June 19th.

I am not listening to any songs till I get the album. ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1134 on: June 09, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »

Lost Highway review:

cant wait to hear it.
http://danielfranklingomez.com/blog/2007/06/08/bon-jovi-lost-highway-review/

Lost Highway
Not a particularly potent tune like ?Bounce? & ?Have a Nice Day?, it?s a decent effort, however, I would?ve preferred if Bon Jovi sang one or two chords higher, it?s either done deliberately, or all those vocal-range-prowess concerts has taken its toll on Jon. A good driving song nevertheless. 6/10

Summertime
A unique track, a nice hook, but the chorus and the vocals are powerless - reminded me of ?Say It Isn?t So? and ?Something For the Pain?. It has remnants from their previous album, HAVE A NICE DAY. Not a favorite of mine - solo?s weak too. 4/10

(You Want to) Make a Memory
I love this track, and the chorus has a ceaseless heartbeat rhythm and with Jon?s awe-inspiring vocals and Richie?s harmonizations, it?s a perfect illustration how potent a ballad can be without being lofty. Bon Jovi has never released a ballad as their first single (except This Ain?t a Love Song), so this was kind of startling. Of course, it can never outmatch ALWAYS. 7/10

Whole Lot of Leaving
A solid song, with a first-rate solo. Well-written, with a great deal of emotions injected, a wonderful mix of country and rock. You can feel Jon?s soul and Richie?s broken heart in this track. A melancholic tune glossed over a positive melody. 9/10

We Got it Going On (ft Big & Rich)
A topnotch sounding hook, but with really destitute lyrics. But I?m guessing it?s crummy for a purpose - country music. The progress towards the solo (priestlike lecture by Big & Rich) is dazzling - and Richie strikes a home run with the guitar riff. It has so much vigor and I can see it illuminating live audiences. 7/10

Any Other Day

PERFECT. FIRST CLASS. MASTERPIECE. Freakin? magnificent lyrics and glorious music. It?s their best song in years. Richie?s presence is telling - not one but 2 guitar solos! This song reminds me of Someday I?ll Be Saturday Night in terms of its lyrical substance. MUST be released as the next single at all cost. A hair-raiser, rocking number! 10/10

Seat Next to You
Fantastic percussion, sweet-flavored lyrics. Nice touch with the female voice accompaniment, and easily a gem for couples - ?my precious?! It has DESTINATION ANYWHERE feel to it, Jon?s 1997 solo album. A commendable ballad. 7/10

Everybody?s Broken
Different. Nice different. Pick-me-up lyrics, one that?ll grow on you, though I think the break between the words in the verses could?ve been bettered. Another great car song, would make a perfect curtain closer for a movie, one where you drive into the sunset. Heartwarming. 7/10

Til We Ain?t Strangers Anymore ft Le Ann Rimes
I?ve never been a fan of Le Ann Rimes at all. But, I must say that the musical harmony between Jon and LeAnn is wonderful to the ear. AND, Richie once again, provides 2 solos! Jon must?ve heard how much Bon Jovi fans missed listening to Richie?s solo riffs. 8/10

The Last Night
A flawed artistic production. Natural and omnipotent vocals. So much potency, unfortunately the chorus is echoed a tad too much. Apart from that, it?s one of my favorites on the album. Full of passion. 8/10

One Step Closer
Another favorite of mine, love the chorus! It?s one of those song that?ll warm up to you after a few times. Richie?s back with yet another solo! Woohoo! It kinda reminds me of Ronan Keating?s schmaltzy song a couple of years ago, but of course, Bon Jovi does it better! Gratifying lyrics, and a marvelous bridge. 9/10

I Love This Town
A distinctive country song. A ?Who Says You Can?t Go Home? knockoff, but, I prefer this one. Tico did justice to the drums, and with 2 great solos, Richie Sambora?s presence is felt YET again. OLE! A song that?ll in all likelihood broaden Bon Jovi?s audience age gap - it makes a dandy country-dancing song. 8/10

Put the Boy Back in Cowboy
With a cheesy country name like that, I was skeptical at first. This is as country as Bon Jovi can get - and you get the feeling that it?s a sideswipe at rednecks. LOL. They should?ve gone with SHE PUT THE BOY BACK IN COWBOY instead of that name, cause it gives a brokeback vibe, though it?s a song about a having the hots for a country beauty. 6/10

A Nashville-inspired rock album, a step in the right direction for the band. And the solos on this album transcends all of their previous albums, the vocal and musical harmonies - WOW. 7.5/10 on the Gallivanter Scale.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:08:40 PM by D » Logged

badapple81
« Reply #1135 on: June 14, 2007, 03:43:01 AM »

I just got the album.. looking fwd to listening later.
GeraldFord
« Reply #1136 on: June 14, 2007, 06:50:44 AM »

Richie going into rehab is the most rock n roll thing Bon Jovi has ever done.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1137 on: June 14, 2007, 06:53:41 AM »

lol i had to laugh at that one, classic.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1138 on: June 14, 2007, 07:51:15 AM »

Any Other Day is prob the best song off that album, as said earlier in this thread...Classic tune

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1139 on: June 14, 2007, 06:15:39 PM »

Well if u don't consider 110 million albums, 2 or 3 of the greatest rock songs ever and being the only band from their Genre to survive the 80's un Rock n Roll, then y eah u are right. ok

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: