Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:26:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228553 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211167 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #940 on: October 19, 2006, 04:00:57 PM »

See all my stereotypes of Axl....... That shit dont feel good does it?

I was just doing the reverse of what people do to Bon Jovi and its bullshit when people do it about Axl and its bullshit when people do it to bon jovi.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #941 on: October 19, 2006, 04:36:38 PM »

but no one commented on your stereotyping of Axl...so it really didn't effect anyone. To mdttkk  maybe to you but not to me. "If I Die Tomorrow" sure as hell didn't sound anything like glam. "Sick Love Song" is a cool hybrid song of modern music and glam rock and I like it. The Japenese exclusive track off their red, white and crue album "I'm A Liar {And That's The Truth}" is also very unglam and very awesome. I wish it was on the north american version. I love those tracks even though the street fighting man cover is unneccessary. I love the New Tattoo album and like what I've heard of Generation Swine/Motley Crue '94. Plus I like the song "Bitter Pill" off their older greatest hits. So maybe you find they sold out for an old sound and that their quality has gone down but I like a lot of the new music better than the old stuff. Some take that as blasphemy but I'm young. I wasn't around when Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue and those other bands were around and when their album came out. So one cool thing is I can objectively listen to "classic" albums from bands and newer albums from bands and decide which I like instead of automatically despising new music from classic bands like so many old-school fans do. Not saying you're doing that but it's undeniable that there are a lot of people that do it. I don't like what I've heard off either girls , girls , girls or theatre of pain as much as I like the newer stuff. I also own Dr. Feelgood and I only like a few songs off of it. Shout at the devil's great but I think the new stuff isn't below it and same deal with what I've heard off TFFL. Besides Crue seem to be getting a lot of new, younger fans now. The new singles off Red White and Crue were an evolution in their sound, they forged forward. The song Nikki wrote for Meatloaf is pretty cool and pretty heavy for Meatloaf so I think the new album will be great if it ever gets released.

I hate fanboys.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #942 on: October 19, 2006, 04:43:34 PM »

but no one commented on your stereotyping of Axl...so it really didn't effect anyone. To mdttkk  maybe to you but not to me. "If I Die Tomorrow" sure as hell didn't sound anything like glam. "Sick Love Song" is a cool hybrid song of modern music and glam rock and I like it. The Japenese exclusive track off their red, white and crue album "I'm A Liar {And That's The Truth}" is also very unglam and very awesome. I wish it was on the north american version. I love those tracks even though the street fighting man cover is unneccessary. I love the New Tattoo album and like what I've heard of Generation Swine/Motley Crue '94. Plus I like the song "Bitter Pill" off their older greatest hits. So maybe you find they sold out for an old sound and that their quality has gone down but I like a lot of the new music better than the old stuff. Some take that as blasphemy but I'm young. I wasn't around when Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue and those other bands were around and when their album came out. So one cool thing is I can objectively listen to "classic" albums from bands and newer albums from bands and decide which I like instead of automatically despising new music from classic bands like so many old-school fans do. Not saying you're doing that but it's undeniable that there are a lot of people that do it. I don't like what I've heard off either girls , girls , girls or theatre of pain as much as I like the newer stuff. I also own Dr. Feelgood and I only like a few songs off of it. Shout at the devil's great but I think the new stuff isn't below it and same deal with what I've heard off TFFL. Besides Crue seem to be getting a lot of new, younger fans now. The new singles off Red White and Crue were an evolution in their sound, they forged forward. The song Nikki wrote for Meatloaf is pretty cool and pretty heavy for Meatloaf so I think the new album will be great if it ever gets released.

dont get me wrong its not like i dont like motley crue, and infact i like most of the same stuff by crue you like.  but the way crue is handling things these days, and from back in the day with their bubblegum rock i just lose respect for the band.  i dont mind vince neil but ive gotten to hate anything that includes tommy lee cuz the guys just such a big sell out.  id go as far to say hes even a bigger sellout than 50 cent
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #943 on: October 19, 2006, 04:58:54 PM »

I hate Tommy Lee too. I think he's annoying and a dick that's a trend hopper but the guy can play drums and when I listen to the songs I don't pay attention to the kind of people playing them.

I hate fanboys.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #944 on: October 19, 2006, 05:16:54 PM »

Sick Love Song is awesome and I hope is a good indication of what the new motley record will sound like.

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #945 on: October 19, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

you hear the japenese track? It's got this awesome intro. The whole song's good but the intro is rad.

I hate fanboys.
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #946 on: November 01, 2006, 08:57:54 PM »

JJ, i think you're talking about unbreakable, that is a great track, so is dirty little secret and these open arms, they all could of made the HAND album imo

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #947 on: November 02, 2006, 05:13:46 PM »

IM glad u said that GNRslave

What seperates bon jovi from most bands is

Their B Sides are better than most people's Full Length release albums.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #948 on: November 15, 2006, 08:18:35 AM »

From the fan-club event yesterday in London, where JBJ was present :

The band's new album, Lost Highways, is due to come out on april 2007.

Fans there have heard a brand new song called "Ace", and said it rocks.

All of this is not confirmed by the band. But it was from Jon's mouth.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #949 on: November 15, 2006, 11:21:58 AM »

"bon jovi can suck my dick"

when was it axl said that?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #950 on: November 15, 2006, 11:24:08 AM »

"bon jovi can suck my dick"

when was it axl said that?

It has been used sooo many times, it's not even funny anymore.
I mean, it's okay if you don't like that band, it's your opinion. But atleast come with your own words Huh

He said that in the late 80's, when a journalist took him for JBJ.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 11:31:06 AM by NicoRourke » Logged

Long live GN'R.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #951 on: November 15, 2006, 08:10:54 PM »

From the fan-club event yesterday in London, where JBJ was present :

The band's new album, Lost Highways, is due to come out on april 2007.

Fans there have heard a brand new song called "Ace", and said it rocks.

All of this is not confirmed by the band. But it was from Jon's mouth.

Another new album coming out? That was quick!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #952 on: November 16, 2006, 11:05:22 AM »

I love when people use that Axl line.

its not like axl was dissing bon jovi cause he didnt like them, he said that cause Someone called him Bon Jovi and he i guess was pissed that someone knew bon jovi but didnt know him.

The new BON jovi album will be amazing, I cant wait.

Jon has realized that they are getting older and that he wasted too much time in the 90's doing other things but music.

they went 4 years between NJ and KTF, they went 5 years between these Days and Crush, way too much time wasted, so now they are building their legacy

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #953 on: November 16, 2006, 11:34:54 AM »

Hey D, I was waiting for you to show up in this thread.

I think that they know that now is the time to record material and tour. They've found new inspirations and a new life (especially on the HAND World Tour) that was one of the biggest tour last year.

Plus all the things members have been through the last years (divorces for Bryan and Sambora, Bryan's father who paste away, etc).

It will be great. Let's hope for another dark moody album like These Days, full of good guitar work.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #954 on: November 16, 2006, 11:45:33 AM »

I have heard that this album is gonna go away from the poppy side of the last few records and will be more of a traditional storytelling  type CD but I could be wrong.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #955 on: November 16, 2006, 03:38:24 PM »

I wish they would go a little darker, like These Days maybe-not sure if darker is the right word-his solo album was really good-destination anywhere-I thought that was as good as anything the group put out-just my opinion

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #956 on: November 16, 2006, 03:51:14 PM »

yeah his solo album was fantastic.

I cant wait for the new album, i hope its more like these Days also and a little heavier

guess we will have to wait and see.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #957 on: November 16, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »

I liked the mid 90's stuff a lot-I think the last few albums he's been trying to write another "it's my life"-I would like to see them try something different this time

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #958 on: November 16, 2006, 04:02:35 PM »

certainly Everyday and Have A Nice Day were variations on IML but the other songs on the albums are great and arent anything like IML

who says you cant go home was one of the most successful bon jovi hits ever

that song really resonates in people who have moved away etc.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #959 on: November 16, 2006, 04:17:41 PM »

certainly Everyday and Have A Nice Day were variations on IML but the other songs on the albums are great and arent anything like IML

who says you cant go home was one of the most successful bon jovi hits ever

that song really resonates in people who have moved away etc.

I just never got that song, but it seems to have done really well-even JBJ said on Larry King that he is usually wrong about what songs he thinks will be hits. He thought This Left feels right was a great idea, but then heard people say "don't mess with my memories" and said he regretted doing it. Interesting

libertad
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: