Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211242 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #920 on: October 15, 2006, 11:27:53 PM »

I ask once again, What is wrong with having a few hits on your record to ensure success?

What u are overlooking is, They still have to have the ability to keep writing those songs and its not like its easy to keep capturing lightning in a bottle like they do.

Would u rather be Trent Reznor and be critically acclaimed but struggle to go platinum and still play clubs and smaller arenas

OR

Be Bon Jovi sell 100 million albums be worldwide international icons and superstars, sell out stadiums, big arenas and no less than 5 to 10 million albums worldwide everytime u release a record.

Me, personally i say fuck the critic, Ill take the success.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #921 on: October 16, 2006, 05:33:04 AM »

They will be introduced to UK's Music Hall Of Fame on the 14th of november. They will perform aswell.

www.bonjovi.com -> News section.

Rock on guys.

bon jovi, are a band that piss me off because they get classed as the same music as RATT and Motley crue and all the glam bands. Thats crap bon jovi are girl rock.
You're right. Bands like that would never be able to pull off songs like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQA3WUezMIM

You know, songs with substance.

Thank you for bringing that song up. My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms is a great one. Great guitar work. Deep lyrics. I've always loved it.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #922 on: October 16, 2006, 04:25:11 PM »

bon jovi, are a band that piss me off because they get classed as the same music as RATT and Motley crue and all the glam bands. Thats crap bon jovi are girl rock.

I dunno about RATT but you obviously have no idea what  Motley Crue is about besides one or two 80's hits.

I hate fanboys.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #923 on: October 16, 2006, 04:47:59 PM »

Whats the difference between Bon Jovi and other 80's bands?

Bon Jovi still sell out football stadiums, still go multi platinum and are still on the charts and still make new great music.

Other than that, no difference at all. hihi

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #924 on: October 16, 2006, 06:39:12 PM »

I wish that was all the difference.

I hate fanboys.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #925 on: October 16, 2006, 06:43:17 PM »

I have nothing against Bon Jovi but one of the reasons that GNR exploded onto the scene was because people wanted something more dangerous and edgy... obviously AFD was that.  Jon Bon Jovi hates the fact that he doesn't get the press coverage that Axl gets just for taking a dump Cheesy
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #926 on: October 16, 2006, 06:45:31 PM »

I laughed my ass of at what Jon said about Axl. I bet he didn't talk to his PR agent about that.

I hate fanboys.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #927 on: October 16, 2006, 06:52:25 PM »

I know really lol.
he sounded like such a jealous little boy
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #928 on: October 16, 2006, 06:55:49 PM »

Exactly. I was completely surprised cuzz Jon's image is pretty squeaky clean. He'd be a teen idol if he wasn't so old and I think that was the first time I ever heard him swear and he came off totally envious and pissed off.

I hate fanboys.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #929 on: October 16, 2006, 09:05:56 PM »

I have nothing against Bon Jovi but one of the reasons that GNR exploded onto the scene was because people wanted something more dangerous and edgy... obviously AFD was that.? Jon Bon Jovi hates the fact that he doesn't get the press coverage that Axl gets just for taking a dump Cheesy

WHAT?

U are dillusional

First off, Jon Didnt say that, it was made up.

2nd, Why the fuck would Jon be jealous of Axl?

Axl has to reschedule dates cause the arenas arent even selling half.

Axl sells out MSG, Jon Sells out Giants Stadium not once, not twice but three nights in a row.

Axl is more famous for shit he's done off the stage than he is on the stage.

If Axl didnt replace all the bandmembers and didnt go into hiding for 10 years, the press wouldnt report what he does.

Trust me, Jon Bon Jovi is not jealous of anyone nor should he be.

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #930 on: October 16, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »

haha this is hilarious listening to you.

I hate fanboys.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #931 on: October 17, 2006, 03:01:12 AM »

I dunno about RATT but you obviously have no idea what  Motley Crue is about besides one or two 80's hits.
Uh yeah, according to Vince, Primal Scream was the "deepest song" he wrote in Motley Crue. Hmm, lets see:

Primal scream and shout
Let that mother out
You just gotta say hey
Primal scream & shout
Oooh tear it out
You just gotta say

Real deep...

I only own 7 Motley Crue records (including the John Corabi self-titled album) and 2 DVDs (one live). If you knew anything about anything you'd know that Motley Crue was about decedance and not substance. Vince put it best, "it's about having a good time". I have yet to see Motley Crue even attempt anything with such passion and brilliance as My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms (I bet you didn't even watch the video Roll Eyes). Although, I don't really care about that as I enjoy their raunchy side as it's shown in the Shout At The Devil record and through the rawness of Too Fast For Love (Motley Crue's strengths come from raw power and not true musical poetry). This is where my point stands.

Please, do some research before calling a band  "Backstreet Boys-like" and stop assuming the band's intentions in writing songs, which Bon Jovi deals with when creating music. Why don't you actually take the time to listen to the tracks that are spoken of in this thread insted of just blindly following your opinion. There's nothing more that I hate than an argument based on emotional and irrational fallacy.

Oh, one more thing, please save your "stop acting like a Bon Jovi fan boy" arguments for someone else. I ain't here to listen to that shit.

Also, D, think about what you're saying; In a sense, your pro-Bon Jovi arguments are actually making your point seem worse. Use your rational sense. Wink When debating, you have to be a creature of the head and not a creature of the heart.

Ay, eh, here's also another track of interest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHaN_Tmx6bI

It's for those who are interested... Smiley
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:09:56 AM by IndiannaRose » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #932 on: October 17, 2006, 03:11:00 AM »

I only post factual statistics regarding Bon Jovi.

I dont fabricate or make up anything.

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #933 on: October 17, 2006, 03:17:03 AM »

I only post factual statistics regarding Bon Jovi.

I dont fabricate or make up anything.
Well, you can't really support this:

"Axl has to reschedule dates cause the arenas arent even selling half."

This is more of an opinion:

"Axl is more famous for shit he's done off the stage than he is on the stage."

and another:

"If Axl didnt replace all the bandmembers and didnt go into hiding for 10 years, the press wouldnt report what he does."

Although, I appreciate your support for the band. Smiley
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #934 on: October 17, 2006, 06:25:44 PM »

Motley Crue wrote a lot of songs about having a good time, yeah but can you say Bon Jovi hasn't? Motley Crue has a LOT of songs with meaningful lyrics beyond having sex or having a good time

'Til Death Do Us Part
10 000 miles away
A Rat Like Me
Afraid
Brandon
confessions
dancing on glass
driftaway
fake
father
find myself
flush
friends
glitter
home sweet home
if I die tomorrow, though it' not really their song
kiss the sky
let us prey
misunderstood
on with the show
poison apples
time for change
uncle jack

I hate fanboys.
Kaleigh
Headliner

Fucking Off In G

« Reply #935 on: October 18, 2006, 01:24:08 AM »

To tell you the truth, Bon Jovi is just a Pop/Rock band that flunctuates between Pop/Rock anthems and mature Bruce Springsteen-ish tunes of various themes.

Excellent way of putting it!  I've been a Bon Jovi fan since I was around 11-12, and they paved the way for me to get into GNR, so I'll always like them.  I honestly didn't like HAND as much as the other albums I own (I don't have the 90s ones, so I need to get them at some point), but there's some great songs off of Crush and Bounce.   Lay Your Hands On Me was one of the first rock songs I really got into. 

San Francisco, CA 9/21/06
Universal City, CA 12/17/06
Mountain View, CA 10/20/12
Las Vegas, NV 11/24/12
San Francisco, CA 8/9/2016
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #936 on: October 18, 2006, 02:00:50 AM »

To tell you the truth, Bon Jovi is just a Pop/Rock band that flunctuates between Pop/Rock anthems and mature Bruce Springsteen-ish tunes of various themes.

Excellent way of putting it!? I've been a Bon Jovi fan since I was around 11-12, and they paved the way for me to get into GNR, so I'll always like them.? I honestly didn't like HAND as much as the other albums I own (I don't have the 90s ones, so I need to get them at some point), but there's some great songs off of Crush and Bounce.? ?Lay Your Hands On Me was one of the first rock songs I really got into.?

BJ (no pun intended) has some great tracks, cliche or not.  I like them.  I don't care about the opinions of people that don't like them... they're a great band and I sew them life, which was awesome too.  peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #937 on: October 18, 2006, 09:51:26 AM »

Dude I searched on Ticketmaster for the Florida Tour opener and with a week till the concert date I could've got 6th row Center on the floor.

Nashville werent even halfway sold out

So u tell me why they got rescheduled. Doesnt take a genius to read between the lines.

Axl gets reported on cause he hasnt released an original album in over 15  years and replaced a legendary group. So when he is out its news only cause he has been gone so long.

I love GNR but I'm not gonna make up a bunch of shit to try and make them look better.

Stones
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #938 on: October 19, 2006, 01:44:33 AM »

Yeah, i know. What a disgrace Bon Jovi ios to be put into the same level as RATT and Motley Crue. You realise Bon Jovi and The Rolling Stones are the two bands nominated for the Billboard touring awards. Rolling Stones are competing WITH Bon Jovi. Folks, it's time to quit going on about how Bon Jovi are just a sissy band for girls, or accept what's true, they're one of the top 3 biggest touring acts in the world.

And also, Bon Jovi girl rock? What a lame argument, try using real arguments instead of ignorant opinions.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #939 on: October 19, 2006, 03:45:35 AM »

motley crue IMHO have fallen into an old glam band desperatley trying to maintain their public popularity, and i think it always hurts a band when someone sells themselves out so much that people just dont want to see them anymore.  Bon Jovi are in no way at the level of motley crue, they are WAY above and one of the best touring acts today.  and they actually release good music, its Rock/Pop and even tho they have alot of girl fans it has nothing to do with the music
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: