Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:39:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211280 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #900 on: October 10, 2006, 12:40:18 PM »

Anyone still wanna argue about how BIG Bon Jovi are?

Click here

This is in the United States:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/boxscore.jsp

D - just noticed your new signature. glad you finally realized the truth about BJ!!  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #901 on: October 10, 2006, 08:19:54 PM »

Sorry to all you Jovi fans but the way I see it Bon Jovi are the equivilent of the backstreet boys with a SLIGHTLY edgier sound and they're older.

I hate fanboys.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #902 on: October 10, 2006, 10:39:28 PM »

WHAT?

Statements like that show that u no absolutely nothin about Bon Jovi.

Guns N Roses are so edgy thats why I became a fan when i was 8 years old... ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #903 on: October 11, 2006, 08:42:15 PM »

I said slightlier edgy. Yes I do know about Bon Jovi. I have two of their albums that were on sale for like a buck. I also have heard all their singles and know their general history. They're pretty much a pop band made of old guys  that put a very small amount of crunch in the guitars just so they can be claimed as rock artists.

I hate fanboys.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #904 on: October 12, 2006, 01:32:49 AM »

I said slightlier edgy. Yes I do know about Bon Jovi. I have two of their albums that were on sale for like a buck. I also have heard all their singles and know their general history. They're pretty much a pop band made of old guys? that put a very small amount of crunch in the guitars just so they can be claimed as rock artists.

That makes no sense at all dude.

They arent a metal band, but they arent some boy bandish group either. U own 2 albums and think u are an expert on a band?

That would be like someone buying the Spaghetti incident and judging GNR.

IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #905 on: October 12, 2006, 03:47:07 AM »

I said slightlier edgy. Yes I do know about Bon Jovi. I have two of their albums that were on sale for like a buck. I also have heard all their singles and know their general history. They're pretty much a pop band made of old guys  that put a very small amount of crunch in the guitars just so they can be claimed as rock artists.
Download a song called 'If I Was Your Mother' and a song called 'Dry County' and then tell me how 'Backstreet Boys' this band really is (Keep the Faith is a great record btw). Wink To tell you the truth, Bon Jovi is just a Pop/Rock band that flunctuates between Pop/Rock anthems and mature Bruce Springsteen-ish tunes of various themes. Some of their songs are a little too 'Poppy' for my taste, but there's also a vast amount of great Rock songs within their catalog.

Imo they made their best music in the 1990s.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #906 on: October 12, 2006, 07:58:13 AM »

I said slightlier edgy. Yes I do know about Bon Jovi. I have two of their albums that were on sale for like a buck. I also have heard all their singles and know their general history. They're pretty much a pop band made of old guys? that put a very small amount of crunch in the guitars just so they can be claimed as rock artists.
Download a song called 'If I Was Your Mother' and a song called 'Dry County' and then tell me how 'Backstreet Boys' this band really is (Keep the Faith is a great record btw). Wink To tell you the truth, Bon Jovi is just a Pop/Rock band that flunctuates between Pop/Rock anthems and mature Bruce Springsteen-ish tunes of various themes. Some of their songs are a little too 'Poppy' for my taste, but there's also a vast amount of great Rock songs within their catalog.

Imo they made their best music in the 1990s.

Yeah, Dry County is awesome, especially for that amazing guitar solo ok

Another couple of great rock songs of theirs are Save A Prayer, Starting All Over Again and Hey God.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #907 on: October 12, 2006, 08:03:07 AM »

Yeah Dry County is one of my favorite ! Such a great song !
Bon Jovi made really great albums !

New Jersey, Slippery When Wet, Keep The Faith, These Days etc...
I have all their albums.

I agree to say that their best music was in the 1990's !

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #908 on: October 12, 2006, 04:14:33 PM »

I never said I thought I was an expert I said I knew about the band so you couldn't just say "you know nothing about ___" like so many fanboys do. Man people get so defensive I just stated my opinion and I stand by it. Bon Jovi are good businessmen , I'll give them that. They're whole career they've purposely made albums that would get lots of airplay.

I hate fanboys.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #909 on: October 12, 2006, 07:03:23 PM »

I never said I thought I was an expert I said I knew about the band so you couldn't just say "you know nothing about ___" like so many fanboys do. Man people get so defensive I just stated my opinion and I stand by it. Bon Jovi are good businessmen , I'll give them that. They're whole career they've purposely made albums that would get lots of airplay.

Dont get me wrong, I dont care if people HATE Bon Jovi, Im not tryin to make everyone love them or what have u, but I just get sick and tired of the bullshit I hear people spew about them.

There was a woman on here once who tried to say the only reason Bon Jovi were so popular and sold so many records was cause Jon was good looking.............. As a Bon Jovi fan who believes in their music this frustrates and pisses me off.

Anyone ever heard of Winger? They had a frontman every bit as good lookin as Jon but did they have 6 number 1 singles and sell 100 million albums?  NO!

Backstreet Boys were put together by producers, made pop dance and love songs with easy hooks and lyrics.

Bon Jovi's songs are nowhere near being like a boy band.

So if u dont like Bon Jovi cause they arent your cup of tea or u dont like their songs that is fine.

But when people make remarks comparing them to Backstreet or something else crazy, it makes the person saying it look like they dont know anything about music.

Bon Jovi are a great band, they make great albums, great songs, they dont chase trends, they dont try to be anything but what they are.

What do people want? For Bon Jovi to make some industrial, Emo flavored album?

BOn Jovi are who they are and they dont apologize for it which is why they are 1 of only maybe 5 bands who  made it out of the 80's alive.

I ask, is this a coincidence? Or is cause they are talented and great musicians.

U dont survive and thrive in the Grunge Era cause u are a great businessman or great looking. U have to have the songs to keep people coming to your shows and buying your albums.

Stones
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #910 on: October 12, 2006, 09:12:03 PM »

Sorry to all you Jovi fans but the way I see it Bon Jovi are the equivilent of the backstreet boys with a SLIGHTLY edgier sound and they're older.

Some intelligent facts to fill your brain before you start saying ignorant things like this again...

1. Boybands do not play instruments on stage.
2. Listen to "Dry County", and see if you can still say what you just said.
3. Go see Bon Jovi live, and see if you can still say what you just said.
4. Bon Jovi has over 12 albums out, you honestly can think two out of twelve albums can define a band's music?
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #911 on: October 12, 2006, 10:12:40 PM »

For one I never mentioned looks. You can survive in the grunge era by doing the same thing Aerosmith did and I am a big Aerosmith fan but they went pop just like Bon Jovi did. Bon Jovi get help from outside people. Enough about "Dry County" it's one song. You're not getting my point and just going on the defense. Bon Jovi sell albums by making pop hits in that respect they're like the backstreet boys. I said I OWN two Bon Jovi albums. That means I have two in my possession. I never said I have those two and then have heard no more Bon Jovi sense. This reminds me of people that take offense to some band being called a hair band. I'm not saying I hate Bon Jovi. I don't really like or dislike them. I know them, I've heard a lot of their stuff but I don't wet myself for new material and I haven't bought anything that wasn't discounted. I'm just saying they're obviously purposely making pop hits so they can keep going and stay on top of the charts. Such as Aerosmith. Although Aerosmith's best selling album "Get A Grip" is a great album in a whole but it had three crappy ballad hits and gets ridiculed because of it. I dunno about every song bon jovi has made. I do know that they make a living by being a heavier "boy band". Except they play instruments.

I hate fanboys.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #912 on: October 13, 2006, 06:45:07 PM »

Something else u have to look at, Bon Jovi have survived because they never alienated or sold out their hardcore loyal followers.

Bon Jovi will almost always go platinum in the US because they have a million loyal, will buy anything they put out fans.

So see, they are successful out of the gates, the new people the singles bring in are just gravy on top.

Look, Backstreet Boys were a fad, Nsync were a fad.

U think Either of these groups will sell out Football stadiums 22 years into their career?

How many bands can u name right now that can sell out every seat in the house everywhere they play?

Thats probably the top 5 goin today.

1.Rolling Stones
2.U2
3.Metallica
4.Bon Jovi
5.Pearl Jam

maybe I am missing someone but u get the idea.

Bon Jovi are not some shitty ass, pop group, they have TRUE staying power for a reason.

I think people need to stop bashin them and start realizing that the numbers dont lie..... They are truly a great and talented band.

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #913 on: October 14, 2006, 10:56:32 PM »

Whatever. You're missing my point over and over. If Bon Jovi weren't making sure they had at least one big made for radio pop hit on every album they wouldn't be selling so well. That's my point. Nothing more, nothing less. You're going on about something different.

I hate fanboys.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #914 on: October 15, 2006, 01:56:16 AM »

Whatever. You're missing my point over and over. If Bon Jovi weren't making sure they had at least one big made for radio pop hit on every album they wouldn't be selling so well. That's my point. Nothing more, nothing less. You're going on about something different.

That makes no sense dude.

Name me one band that doesnt try to have some hits?

I hate to bust your Ego but even MR Axl is gonna make sure there are a few nice radio hits on CD, why the fuck do u think its taken so long?

Even Trent Reznor makes sure he has some hits... Every one does. Uhave to or u wouldnt have a contract. I think the fact Bon Jovi have been able to keep pumping out hits over all these years should be a testament of what a great band they are. Its not like its easy to keep writing hit records.

Bands make albums their fans and people like.... Who ever heard of a band purposely making a piece of shit album? Of course they make sure they have some radio hits every album but every single mainstream band does that.? What's wrong with making albums your fans love?

J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #915 on: October 15, 2006, 01:01:54 PM »

It is pretty easy to make a pop song or all the boy bands would've been dead and Aerosmith wouldn't have so many ballads from the 90's. Bands don't do it if they don't like it I'm guessing. I am making sense but you refuse to listen you just continue to defend Bon Jovi against what you perceive to be offensive. None of the leaks that GNR have released will probably be a pop hit. Maybe a rock hit but none of them are pop and if they cross into the pop charts then they'll be lucky. There's a difference between a hit and a pop song. It's hard to explain but a pop song it's just a nice little song, usually without a lot of mind-boggling meaning and it's usually not that musically challenging. Has a nice big chorus hook for people to sing along too. It has that nice clean clear sound where vocals are most important. NIN may have had some cross-over hits but none of them were made for radio, that's for sure. Throughout the 90's aerosmith had some great albums but made sure they had some stupid made-for-radio song on them that could be a hit and keep the band big. I dunno how great or ungreat bon jovi's current album is but I do know they're doing that and making sure they've got a quaint pop hits to get their album to sell and their tour to sell.

I hate fanboys.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #916 on: October 15, 2006, 01:18:27 PM »

Dude, give it up, you make no sense, Bon Jovi rocks

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #917 on: October 15, 2006, 02:07:33 PM »

The only reason I don't make sense is because people like you won't listen, you're too busy kissing Bon Jovi's ass. Everyone I know that's not on these forums agree with me.

I hate fanboys.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #918 on: October 15, 2006, 02:17:04 PM »

bon jovi, are a band that piss me off because they get classed as the same music as RATT and Motley crue and all the glam bands. Thats crap bon jovi are girl rock.

html sucks
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #919 on: October 15, 2006, 09:30:24 PM »

bon jovi, are a band that piss me off because they get classed as the same music as RATT and Motley crue and all the glam bands. Thats crap bon jovi are girl rock.

You're right. Bands like that would never be able to pull off songs like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQA3WUezMIM

You know, songs with substance.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: