Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211329 times)
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #880 on: July 17, 2006, 11:16:57 PM »

Bon Jovi is Cougar Rock.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #881 on: July 29, 2006, 02:23:36 AM »

Anyone going to tonights show?  My friend got free tix so I said why the F not. 

How do I get to Giants Stadium though.  Port Authority?  Anyone know where I can find a bus schedule??   Huh

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
lustforlife
« Reply #882 on: July 29, 2006, 11:22:43 AM »

Anyone going to tonights show?? My friend got free tix so I said why the F not.?

How do I get to Giants Stadium though.? Port Authority?? Anyone know where I can find a bus schedule??? Huh?
I can't help you sorry,but I'm sure you will enjoy the show
I hope they will play 'Dry county' like they did ,july 19th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5bxEvaUI_M

I heard ,tonight ,it will be recorded for a DVD..hope it's true
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #883 on: July 29, 2006, 06:15:26 PM »

WOW this is amazing!

I guess Jon hasnt lost his voice after all.

Note to Bon Jovi haters.. Jon Single handedly wrote this song.

Also note to aspiring guitarist.

Listen to Richie's solo. This is how u play fast BUT with meaning,emotion and still have it all kick ass instead of sounding like a bunch of angry bees.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 06:21:35 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
lustforlife
« Reply #884 on: July 30, 2006, 03:36:11 AM »

set list from last night
1. Cover of Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright"
2. You Give Love A Bad Name
3. Complicated
4. Born To Be My Baby
5. Story Of My Life
6. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (with parts of "Dancin' In The Streets" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash" in the middle)
7. Runaway
8. Radio Saved My Life
9. Captain Crash
10. In These Arms
11. Wildflower
12. I'll Be There For You (Richie on lead vox)
13. Undivided
14. Have A Nice Day
15. Who Says You Can't Go Home
16. Bad Medicine (with part of Shout in the middle)
17. Raise Your Hands
18. Livin' On A Prayer
- break -
19. I Am
20. Its My Life
21. Blood On Blood
22. Saturday Night
23. These Days
-break-
24. Wild Is The Wind
25. Id Die For You
26. Wanted Dead Or Alive

looks like a good show
waiting for HannaHat review
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #885 on: July 30, 2006, 03:53:46 AM »

I saw them in Anaheim back in February.  The tickets sucked, but the concert kept me interested.  I wish we were closer, though.  Richie's an great guitarist and Jon's still got it.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #886 on: July 30, 2006, 04:09:47 AM »

Awesome show, I'm not much of a BJ fan but this was one hell of a show.  They really know how to work a crowd (even those of us with free in the 300 level haha).  The difference between them and Nickelshitz was night and day.  They played the shit out of the hits and made the not so well known songs feel like you've heard them a million times. 
Sound was fantastic and Jon's voice was totally on point.  The energy on the floor, lower levels seemed like it would have been even more fun down there.  I was surrouned by REALLY old people or mom/dads with their age 10 and younger kids.  Def different then the Guns shows I went to a few months ago haha.

good times though.

i thought the encores were kinda dull though, a lot of people were leaving during them or sitting down in their seats (till DOA came on of course).  Crowd REALLY got into I'll be there for you and Livin on a prayer (best song of the night).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 04:11:27 AM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #887 on: July 31, 2006, 06:32:16 PM »

Saturday night, July 29th, BON JOVI wrapped up the HAVE A NICE DAY TOUR and the entire HAVE A NICE DAY album/promo/tour cycle with a blowout bash for 55,000 of their closest friends at GIANTS STADIUM in East Rutherford, NJ. It was the 3rd of 3 incredible nights at Giants Stadium, a massive venue where BON JOVI is the house band!

The prep began for Saturday even on Thursday. En route to the band's private plane, the band made a pitstop at Giants Stadium in the afternoon. Giants Stadium management had cleared all the cars in lots 10 & 12 so that photos could be taken of the band in front of Giants Stadium and the massive WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME banner the Stadium has had hanging from its east side for the past 3 weeks! Then, the band headed to Foxboro and rehearsed backstage for a while -- not something they usually do.

On Saturay, the band arrived at the venue at 5:15pm - and just as they did upon arrival at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro 2 days earlier, ensconced themselves in the dressing room for an hour or rehearsal. The plan was for a marathon show and a set list that was unpredictable and all over the place.

Prior to taking the stage, the band were joined in the dressing room by New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine who came to take in the concert. BON JOVI took photos (as they've done with each an every opening act that won a chance to be on stage via the different variations of the Have A Nice Gig opening act contest) with THE YARDS, the Grand Prize Winner of the Saturn Have A Nice Gig contest... and then headed out to take the stage for the last night at Giants Stadium on this tour. John Phillp Sousa-esque marching band music flooded the PA system. Revisiting the band's arrival on the stage in Philly when there was the Soul team mascot, the Soul flag and the Soul cheerleaders... this time, a massive SMIRK flag was run across the stage and the Soul cheerleaders were in different uniforms: Bon Jovi Have A Nice Day smirk shorts and shirts. With their pompoms raised, BON JOVI took the stage at Giants.

SATURDAY NIGHT'S ALRIGHT FOR RIGHTING (Elton John classic)
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
COMPLICATED
BORN TO BE MY BABY
STORY OF MY LIFE
I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD (with "Dancing In The Streets" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash" bits included)
RUNAWAY
THE RADIO SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT
CAPTAIN CRASH & THE BEAUTY QUEEN FROM MARS
IN THESE ARMS
WILDFLOWER (again -- only the 2nd time this has been performed live)
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (Richie on lead vocals for an incredible electric performance)
UNDIVIDED
HAVE A NICE DAY
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
BAD MEDICINE with full version of SHOUT
RAISE OUR HANDS
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

Encore 1:
I AM (this is the first and only time the band has performed this song off of Have A Nice Day -- fulfiling the promise to perform every track off the album on the tour)
IT'S MY LIFE
BLOOD ON BLOOD
SOMEDAY I'LL BE SATURDAY NIGHT
THESE DAYS

Encore 2:
WILD IS THE WIND
I'D DIE FOR YOU
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

And then... it was all over. The band made their way off the stage into the backstage area where Jon Bon Jovi was surprised with a gift from the tour promoters & agents. With a handmade sign that read "From your very first ride to the greatest ride - congrats" Jon found himself staring at white Datsun 280ZX, the very first car Jon had ever owned. The band showered off and headed into the crowed aftershow hang that had a definite "you've earned a vacation" theme.

The backstage hospitality area was turned into "Tommy & Gina's Cantina" and the rules posted on massive signs read as follows:
No cell phones
No blackberries
No emails
No business talk
No watches (it's always 5 o'clock!)
No attitude
No shirt, no shoes, no problems!
Margaritas and mojitos were flowing. Fresh mexican food and mexican beers were to be had. A giant cake decorated with the Have A Nice Day smirk congratulated the band on the entire HAND run. Decorations looks like the entire backstage party area had been set up as a kitchsy Baja town. The band's friends, families, wives and children were all on site. But it was time to wrap the night and the tour up.

So now, on the Monday morning following an incredible end of the tour, the band members are all at home and officially "off duty." They've earned some vacation time as have you!

To all the Bon Jovi fans -- thank you for an incredible experience on the HAVE A NICE DAY tour everywhere the band went (and didn't.) Thank you for your support and for our loyalty and devotion to the band and to the HAVE A NICE DAY album and all the things that has encompassed this past year. We promise you, there's much more BON JOVI in the years to come! So enjoy the rest of your summer -- have a Corona and lie on the beach -- and before you know it, BON JOVI will have something great to share with you again. Hasta La Vista!

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #888 on: August 01, 2006, 10:58:58 PM »

U know it still amazes me how anyone cannot like this band.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #889 on: August 02, 2006, 08:47:14 AM »

The fact that they wrapped up a "world" tour without visiting Australia makes me strongly dislike them.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #890 on: August 02, 2006, 06:52:21 PM »

Bon Jovi is great, i own almost all of their albums but i can only last so long without hearing a hard rock sound like GNR.
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #891 on: August 08, 2006, 02:23:33 PM »

does anyone know where i can get audio of any of these shows (preferably the last show 7/29 at giants stadium)? im a huge bon jovi fan and would like to get any audio from this '06 tour! thanks a lot!!

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #892 on: August 08, 2006, 09:57:08 PM »

does anyone know where i can get audio of any of these shows (preferably the last show 7/29 at giants stadium)? im a huge bon jovi fan and would like to get any audio from this '06 tour! thanks a lot!!

me too dude.

Anyone??

badapple81
« Reply #893 on: August 09, 2006, 08:29:52 AM »

The fact that they wrapped up a "world" tour without visiting Australia makes me strongly dislike them.

I dont strongly dislike them but I certainly lost a bit of interest in following the world tour and album knowing Australia wasn't a stop on their 'World Tour' or should I say 'Countries which make the most money Tour'. Sorry, but that's how it's appearing right now. It sucks.

It's like they have given up here. If Bon Jovi have lost their popularity somewhat here (and I don't know if they have) then it's all their fault. Only one single from HAND came out here.. they didn't bother with anymore. Perhaps more interest for a second single would have been ou there if they would have toured here.

Bon Jovi were huge here.. even One Wild Night Live went to number one. JBJ even had a decent tour here for his solo Destination Anywhere adventure. It's unfortunate they didn't follow it up with a Crush, Bounce or HAND tour.

Hell, even Sebastian Bach is coming and playing a crappy venue which holds like a couple of thousand people tops. After travel, paying his band etc. I can't imagine he will make much $$ from playing here at all.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:31:45 AM by gunnerdownunder » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #894 on: August 12, 2006, 04:41:01 AM »

Anyone still wanna argue about how BIG Bon Jovi are?

Click here

This is in the United States:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/boxscore.jsp

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #895 on: August 12, 2006, 05:24:38 AM »

Or check out this Ad published by the Tour's promoter (AEG) in Billboard, to congrats the band after the last night at Giants Stadium (three sold-out nights there ...)

Bon Jovi's Billboard Ad

beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #896 on: August 12, 2006, 11:18:01 AM »

Anyone still wanna argue about how BIG Bon Jovi are?

Well according to Jon they aren't "big" enough in Australia to warrant playing shows here on a "world tour".

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #897 on: August 12, 2006, 10:00:53 PM »

WOW

Anyone still wanna say GNR are a bigger band?

56 sold out arenas
33 sold out stadiums

over 2 million worldwide on this tour alone

Grossed 109 million dollars.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #898 on: August 13, 2006, 12:34:09 AM »

WOW

56 sold out arenas
33 sold out stadiums

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Let us not forget, BJ still has four original members in the band. Gn'R doesn't.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
badapple81
« Reply #899 on: August 13, 2006, 02:37:38 AM »

WOW

56 sold out arenas
33 sold out stadiums

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Let us not forget, BJ still has four original members in the band. Gn'R doesn't.

Let's not get into that here again  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: