Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211429 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #820 on: June 16, 2006, 06:29:27 PM »

It was outrageous that GNR made fans wait so long in London which made it all but impossible for people to get home due to the train times at that time of the night

Quick! To the bandwagon!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #821 on: June 16, 2006, 06:58:21 PM »

It's a fucking Guns N' Roses concert, what the hell did you expect.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #822 on: June 16, 2006, 11:00:38 PM »

I think some of u are pissed cause he is right.

What did he really say that was so bad?

he said he didnt agree with making fans wait 2 hours.

Who the fuck does agree with that?

Bon Jovi just got back from a sold out European tour and are arriving here to a sold out US tour.

I dont think they need anymore publicity.

I love how Bon Jovi are supposedly jealous of Axl Rose, what is even more sad is the fact some of u are dillusional enough to actually believe that.

He was asked his opinion and he gave it.

What is he suppose to say?

Musicroom.net "What do u think of Axl Rose making fans wait 2 hours.

David: "Oh its amazing, he is such an amazing talent those fans are lucky he lets them spend their hard earned money to see him, the fans are lucky he shows up at all, the fans have no right to complain as they are in the presence of GOD. 

Please, there is no excuse for ANY performer making fans wait like that.

People who can defend that need to unsuperglue their lips from Axl's ballsack.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #823 on: June 16, 2006, 11:50:41 PM »

Musicroom.net "What do u think of Axl Rose making fans wait 2 hours.

David: "Oh its amazing, he is such an amazing talent those fans are lucky he lets them spend their hard earned money to see him, the fans are lucky he shows up at all, the fans have no right to complain as they are in the presence of GOD. 

rofl

D is right...

Fuck 'Em All.
RichardNixon
« Reply #824 on: June 17, 2006, 12:03:51 AM »

Who cares what this dork thinks.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #825 on: June 17, 2006, 12:10:35 AM »

How can anyone defend what Axl does?

No one likes Axl as much as I do but I refuse to defend that bullshit.

when u show up 2 hours late and people cant get home, thats fucked up and inexcusable.

I guess though this is why Bon Jovi still sell out every stadium and arena whereas GNR's last tour was a clusterfuck.

The fans are the customers and Musicians are PRIVILEDGED to play for them, the fans arent PRIVILEDGED to see them.

RichardNixon
« Reply #826 on: June 17, 2006, 12:42:22 AM »

But it's not Bon Jovi's job to criticize others, and then use that to be smug about how many albums they sold, what they can sell out, etc.

But I'm sure BJ wants to end their show early anyway, since all the soccer moms need to get up early to head into the office.  peace hihi
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #827 on: June 17, 2006, 01:19:57 AM »

This dude is just a keyboard player for christ sake!!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #828 on: June 17, 2006, 08:09:57 AM »

I thought his comments were about the London show b/c people got stranded?Huh?

My bad, you're right. I've changed the topic's subject ok

beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #829 on: June 17, 2006, 08:19:03 AM »

But it's not Bon Jovi's job to criticize others, and then use that to be smug about how many albums they sold, what they can sell out, etc.

But I'm sure BJ wants to end their show early anyway, since all the soccer moms need to get up early to head into the office.? peace hihi

Wasn't that the problem for a lot of the fans who went to see GN'R ?

Go ahead and trash them, but at least they show their fans respect. They've never cancelled a gig, even when someone is sick (remember Sambora's broken arm) They always go on time, there's never 'tech difficulties' and so on and so on ...

But then, maybe you like being treated like shit by the people you give your money to, people that you admire ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Eric
« Reply #830 on: June 17, 2006, 09:33:16 AM »

I would love to see a copy of Bon Jovi's tour rider-used to like them, even really liked crush album, I thought the last 2 albums were really bad-the video they have out now is awful-challenge your fans, rather than putting out the same stuff over and over-they just go through the motions anyomre
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #831 on: June 17, 2006, 10:44:55 AM »

I don't defend what Axl did, but talk about others is bullshit! If you wanna make an interview to me, lets talk about Bon Jovi not Axl Rose, that's all he had to said, people commenting on others end up on this.
Once again I don't agree with Axl keep waiting 2 hours for a concert, but that's something people should ask to Axl not David Bryan, or is he in GNR?  Undecided

No man can be my equal
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #832 on: June 17, 2006, 05:01:07 PM »

The guy was asked a question and he anwered it honestly.

its not like he searched out the press to talk about Axl.

he was doing an interview that probably lasted 30 minutes, probably answered 40 questions and that happened to be one.

So lets dont get crazy like that was the only question he was asked and answered.

They asked him his opinion on someone making a crowd wait 2 hours and he just gave his honest opinion.

I still see nothing wrong with that.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #833 on: June 17, 2006, 05:01:49 PM »

I would love to see a copy of Bon Jovi's tour rider-used to like them, even really liked crush album, I thought the last 2 albums were really bad-the video they have out now is awful-challenge your fans, rather than putting out the same stuff over and over-they just go through the motions anyomre

Thats still better than living off music that was written by an entirely different band wouldnt u say? ok

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #834 on: June 17, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »

What a fuckin moan. This sort of stuff is part of rock n roll, people have to get used to that. If you want to see someone that's super punctual and is super respectful toward their fans and all that fuck off and go to a Britney Spears concert or something. Just because Bon Jovi feel lucky to have fans and play to an audience doesn't mean everyone else does. I feel lucky to have seen Axl Rose and I don't expect him to feel fuckin lucky to have played to me, he's a rockstar for fuck sake.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #835 on: June 17, 2006, 06:51:03 PM »

This dude is just a keyboard player for christ sake!!

Yeah, maybe Chris Pittman and Dizzy Reed can slam him back  ok Be like a poor mans version of Axl v. Vince Neil.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #836 on: June 17, 2006, 06:55:09 PM »

I feel lucky to have seen Axl Rose and I don't expect him to feel fuckin lucky to have played to me

He should, you pay his bills and support his rockstar lifestyle. Without an audience, he's just a guy with a microphone.

I personally don't care either way. If he dosen't care to be late, and people don't care to wait, then it's all good.

Why though? He has multiple millions of fans why would he notice whether one guy went to see him or not. I could have decided not to go (which i wouldn't have) and Axl would be none the wiser.
Me seeing Axl is pretty much the highlight of my life, he won't even remember playing for me in a few years time probably. He owes me nothing. So I really don't give a shit if he turns up late, he has earned that right as far as I'm concerned.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #837 on: June 17, 2006, 06:59:58 PM »

But I'm sure BJ wants to end their show early anyway, since all the soccer moms need to get up early to head into the office.  peace hihi

HAHAHA Nice one. Why comment on Axl at all.. I could see of Axl was taking shots at Bon Jovi. It aint his place. But making fans wait is shitty but its Axl Rose so its expected but not right.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #838 on: June 17, 2006, 07:13:08 PM »

Why though? He has multiple millions of fans why would he notice whether one guy went to see him or not. I could have decided not to go (which i wouldn't have) and Axl would be none the wiser.
Me seeing Axl is pretty much the highlight of my life

Well I think playing music for people is the highlight of his life. So if that livelihood is to exist, it has to be treated with respect and consideration. He can't notice every fan, but he does realize that the people waiting patiently two hours past when the show is supposed to start, are the ones who support him the most.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #839 on: June 17, 2006, 07:19:50 PM »

Me seeing Axl is pretty much the highlight of my life

Well I think playing music for people is the highlight of his life. So if that livelihood is to exist, it has to be treated with respect and consideration. He can't notice every fan, but he does realize that the people waiting patiently two hours past when the show is supposed to start, are the ones who support him the most.

I'm sure he does notice that, and he's said so in the past. Despite the whole reclusive asshole image people have given him he really does seem to be compassionate towards his fans. But at the same time he's giving the fans something that means alot to them. And I know it means alot to everyone that's on here, otherwise they wouldn't come on. And I think the fans should allow Axl as much time as he needs or wants to prepare a concert whether it be ten minutes, two hours or two weeks. He deserves that, and I don't think anyone, epecially some fucking chap from Bon Jovi should give him shit over that.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: