Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:33:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211478 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #800 on: June 07, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »

And not one of you would say jack shit about Axl if he was on stage with the 5th incarnation of GnR at retirement age either.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #801 on: June 07, 2006, 08:56:59 PM »

And not one of you would say jack shit about Axl if he was on stage with the 5th incarnation of GnR at retirement age either.

I wouldn't. I also wouldn't say jack about the stones, unlike Jovi. I wouldn't say anything about Jovi either, for that matter.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #802 on: June 07, 2006, 09:04:22 PM »

In 100 years, they're going to still be singing the praises of the Rolling Stones.  Because they kicked ass in a way that bon jovi could only dream about in his wettest dreams.

In 100 years, the only thing they'll be saying about bon jovi is that he was a pop star.  that's it.  He's not a rock star.  He wouldn't know what rock was if it came up to him, looked him straight in the eye and then beat the shit out of him. 

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #803 on: June 07, 2006, 09:17:10 PM »

That would
Have A Nice Day debuted at number 2.

Who Says You cant Go home reached number 22 on the Billboard top 200, top 10 Adult Contemporary and the first rock band ever to hit number 1 on the country chart.

They are still relevant.

These two songs STINK LIKE the well aged cheese they are.

Country charts.  woot!  what an accomplishment.  Maybe if he learns how to sing, jon might even be able to make an opera record too.  Making the country charts doesn't make any rock star relevant in the eyes of a true rocker, dude.  Neither does hit singles.  Hit singles only means that you've managed to either A) convince MTV to play your crap; or B) convinced the record label to get your album in to circulation. 

N'Sync had a lot of hit singles too.  That doesn't make them relevant to the rock music scene. 

Jon simply said when the day comes that no one buys their new records and they have no more hits, its time to hang it up.

Its My Life which came out in 2000 was actually the most successful Bon Jovi song ever, so they are still making hit songs and are still relevant on the charts.

A lot of rockers also say that they're going to hang it up when they get old... but you know what?  It's not that easy to do.  It's not even about the money necessarily... it's about the art.  Something that an artist would understand, but a wannabe... probably wouldn't.  The art, the ability to express oneself through the artform... is more valuable than the money.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #804 on: June 08, 2006, 12:15:57 AM »

why take cheap shots ay ANY other artist??

You know you're on a GN'R board right ? Never heard Axl say anything about an-ybody else ?

do you have a point? are you implying that because i'm a gnr fan, i defend axl on everything? wrong. in fact, i think he's an asshole. but i love his music and liver performances.

back on topic....we've mentioned desmond child, but let's not forget about the other "hit makers" BJ has brought in to help make him money - John Shanks and Max Martin just to name a couple. they wrote "have a nice day" and "it's my life", BJ's two biggest hits. (two songs that sound EXACTLY alike, IMO.)

and they hired these guys because they wanted to make pop songs that would sell. not good, credible rock songs. but radio hits. it's one of the ugly sides of the music industry. it's the path taken by britney, backstreet boys, etc. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Child

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
RichardNixon
« Reply #805 on: June 08, 2006, 01:00:38 AM »

If the Rolling Stones want to tour until they are 90, more power to 'em.
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #806 on: June 15, 2006, 02:56:20 PM »

omg , just saw them in milton keynes last sunday and what a show ok ok

i came all the way from lisbon to see them (1st time ever) and my expectations were very high and i sure didnt leave disappointed Cheesy
they even played these days Shocked Shocked

is there any place i can get a hold of some bon jovi bootlegs? i would love to have a bootleg of the show i went to Smiley
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #807 on: June 15, 2006, 08:04:17 PM »

For newbs on Bon Jovi. I would have so say their best effort in the sense of meaning is "These Days".

That entire album has special and delicate songs. It's the Jovi album you don't hear or know about....

Check it out guys!

Must I point it out....

Bon Jovi's studio albums since 1995 - 4
Guns N' Roses studio albums since 1992 - 0

Ouch.  ok

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #808 on: June 15, 2006, 08:26:24 PM »

For newbs on Bon Jovi. I would have so say their best effort in the sense of meaning is "These Days".

That entire album has special and delicate songs. It's the Jovi album you don't hear or know about....

Check it out guys!

Must I point it out....

Bon Jovi's studio albums since 1995 - 4
Guns N' Roses studio albums since 1992 - 0

Ouch.? ok

Guns N' Roses release Spaghetti Incident in 1993.

I agree though, These Days is a great album, but everything they released after that didn't interest me too much. I still think their best album is Keep The Faith.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #809 on: June 16, 2006, 07:58:07 AM »

Here we go, David's comment about the 2 hours waiting for the Madrid show ...

Please, no need for the eternal "Bon Jovi can suck my dick" thing, I wrote it already, don't bother ...

Quote from: David Bryan
Bon Jovi keyboard player David Bryan has slammed Axl Rose for letting his fans down... again!

The curly-haired musician revealed he was sickened when the Guns N' Roses frontman kept his audience waiting for almost two hours last week - leaving fans unable to get home.

He told Musicrooms.net: "To be honest I think it's the same behaviour that was there zillions of years ago. I just don't get it.

"We will never ever do that to our fans. It's an honour and a big gift to get to where we are. If any curfew is going to be broken it's because we're playing longer."

The New Jersey rocker went on to reveal he thinks singers who make lavish demands, such as Mariah Carey, are arrogant.

When asked about Bon Jovi's backstage rider, he said: "There is none of that 'only the blue M&M's' kinda stuff. I think rock 'n' roll has been given a bad name by a few bands."

http://www.musicrooms.net/cm/live/templates/?a=2670&z=5

Toughts
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:09:02 AM by Rourke? » Logged

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #810 on: June 16, 2006, 08:01:01 AM »

fuck him. he's in the indistry so its not like he was gonna buy an album anyway. he probably didnt even pay for a ticket to the gig either.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #811 on: June 16, 2006, 08:06:57 AM »

I love Axl but I agree with him

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #812 on: June 16, 2006, 08:08:08 AM »

it seems to me that all the bon jovi members seem to be doing lately is saying things about other people. i guess they are trying to generate more press as they dont get attention like they did in the 80s.

html sucks
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #813 on: June 16, 2006, 08:31:39 AM »

fuck him. he's in the indistry so its not like he was gonna buy an album anyway. he probably didnt even pay for a ticket to the gig either.

He wasn't there, he's just talking about it, just like the rest of us.

Long live GN'R.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #814 on: June 16, 2006, 09:23:18 AM »

he has a point there. it's not very nice to wait that long.
on the other hand, to comment on axl being late to a show doesn't make sense anymore. he always did that. it's nothing new.
some people probably can't find a rellevant thing to comment about gnr these days because it's all working out great and they have to bring up discussions 15 years old.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #815 on: June 16, 2006, 09:47:30 AM »

This is simply because Bon Jovi's backing band is now pissed that Richie Samboro is getting way more publicity than all of them put together since he's divorcing the ever lovely Heather Locklear...

Who cares though?

That guy is about as "rock and roll" as George Bush hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #816 on: June 16, 2006, 09:59:42 AM »

All quake in fear of the Bon Jovi keyboarder. Can't wait for Chris Pittman's retalition.

Should be a fierce disswar.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #817 on: June 16, 2006, 10:06:20 AM »

This is simply because Bon Jovi's backing band is now pissed that Richie Samboro is getting way more publicity than all of them put together since he's divorcing the ever lovely Heather Locklear ...

What's the Bon Jovi "backing band" ?

Richie is now banging Denise Richards, wich is also good yes

Well, if we can have an opinion about the Madrid late show, he sure can too beer That's no respect for the people waiting for HOURS for Axl to show up.

Long live GN'R.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #818 on: June 16, 2006, 03:08:31 PM »

I thought his comments were about the London show b/c people got stranded?Huh?

Anyways, he does have a point - but is this really news to anyone that GNR likes to go on late?  Its one of the things they are famous (infamous?) for.  Let the fans criticize the band - its as if Bon Jovi (the band) are trying to start some kind of feud with Axl.  I think its all jealousy - when CD drops it will get A LOT more media attention then "have a nice day".

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #819 on: June 16, 2006, 03:56:02 PM »

I agree with him myself.

Have a nice day.

Grin

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: