Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211572 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #760 on: June 06, 2006, 02:17:50 PM »

Well all these quotes are prolly taken outta context...anyway IMO i think they are a joke too...no decent releases in 25+ years? time to pack it in boys

Slippery When Wet - New Jersey - Keep The Faith - These Days

Those are more than decent releases ok

Sambora has released two great solo albums as well peace

I know.....I'm talkin 'stones bein a joke boss Wink

My bad then, sorry Neemo ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #761 on: June 06, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »

just cause Critics, Who for some reason dont mean a fuckin thing when they bash Axl but when they claim the Rolling STones are the greatest band ever for some fuckin stupid reason everyone agrees and swallows it as fact.

It's not a fuckin stupid reason. Have you ever heard Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers or EXILE ON MAIN STREET? I assume you haven't, because these albums are the reason the Rolling Stones are praised the way they are. The Rolling Stones simply defined what Rock n Roll is during that period, in terms of sound, image. And everyone including Axl AND Bonjovi has been tryng to imitate them for the past 30 years
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #762 on: June 06, 2006, 02:32:26 PM »

If you think the Stones are seriously the greatest band ever its ridiculous.

Do I like Bon Jovi?

Its a relationship that gets worked on. I bought up to Bounce. Crush was my first album and I went into there back catalogue. They are a decent band. I could bring up record sales or what not. But thats not relevant anyone can sell alot of records and still be shit. Eg. Britney Spears.

Music again like D said is subjective.

My personal opinion is U2 is the greatest band right now and will be better then the Stones. Why cause they manage to sell stadiums out, get airplay, have a new fan base, and are popular with all walks of life. They've also managed to maintain relevant. When the Rolling Stones were U2's age they already no one gave two shits anymore. Creatively U2 has it the Stones don't.

Personally the Eagles can blow the Stones out anyday.

They still have it and can perform their songs good. Mick Jaggers voice is fucked and well the music isn't as good live as it is on CD. Its worse.

Thats my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But the Beatles always will be better then the Stones. They didn't get bloated like the Rolling Stones have. They also managed to keep all their band members.

Fuck All Y'all
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #763 on: June 06, 2006, 03:02:55 PM »

I think if Bon Jovi doesn't want to make more music when he gets older is his call and good for him (and for me  hihi) but in that statement as D said is nothing disrespectful about the stones he just doesnt want to get there, but he never implied that Stones are doing bad shows or that they shouldn't do it, he just said he doesn't see himself doing that kinda stuff.
I hope The Stones keep touring untill I see them  Grin

No man can be my equal
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #764 on: June 06, 2006, 03:16:57 PM »

Bon Jovi need to think before he opens his mouth.  So in his line of thinking BB King, Willie Nelson, Dylan, Johnny Cash, and the Stones should all hang it up because they are old?  What a crock.  They are doing what they love.  I'd be willing to bet if Bon Jovi were going to make 300 million plus for a tour in his 60s that he will do it. 

Also, lets not fool ourselves, virtually every band out there was inspired to be rock stars because of the Stones.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #765 on: June 06, 2006, 03:47:24 PM »

If fans were only at the shows to hear the old songs, they wouldnt sell out 3 straight nights at Giants Stadium, they wouldnt sell out Gillette Stadium in New England, wouldnt sell out the Philadelphia Eagles new Stadium

Yeah, just like The Stones don't sell out huge stadiums just because people only want to hear the old songs. Oh. Wait.

Quote from: RichardNixon
Bon Jovi can suck my dick-Axl Rose.
Man, everytime one of you guys bring that up, I'm laughing out loud beer It's so funny cause you don't even know why Axl said that. You're just acting like a sheep following his master's saying.

...Or then they say it because they happen to agree that Bon Jovi is a cheeseball punk, and since this is a GNR board, it's sort of an appropriate quote to bring up.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #766 on: June 06, 2006, 04:07:22 PM »

Well if he had nearlly as much talent as th stones maybe people would want him to stay around aslong as the stones

That's a hatrick for Doull
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #767 on: June 06, 2006, 04:40:14 PM »

Well if he had nearlly as much talent as th stones maybe people would want him to stay around aslong as the stones
And if he was a rocker like someone said earlier he'd be in hall of fame  Grin

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #768 on: June 06, 2006, 04:46:27 PM »

If everyone on this forum had the reading comprehension skills of Dick Purple ,this wouldnt even be an argument.

Thanks Dick Purple for being able to read.

Jon never said the Stones SHOULDNT keep playing.

He only said He cant see himself following in their footsteps and continuing to play

A reporter asked him how long he sees himself touring and making albums.

He said he wouldnt do it as long as the rolling stones PERIOD.

He said when he got fat and old and the fans were there for nostalgia only, he'd give it up.

Nowhere did he say that the Stones were fat or nostalgic or any of that.

Jesus Christ the way u guys read into shit, Im actually shocked u all didnt interpret the Fat and Nostalgia as a diss to Axl.

He didnt say they were embarrassing themselves, he said Keith fell out of a cocunut tree, he was jokin and having a good time with it.

If anyone knows or have read or ever saw Jon Bon Jovi speak, they would know he is not a hater or a malice person towards anybody which was why it was so hilarious when people actually believed he said that about Axl.

Axl said bon Jovi could suck his dick cause a fan in a bar came up to him and thought he was Jon Bon Jovi. It hurt his ego so he said that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #769 on: June 06, 2006, 04:55:08 PM »

Axl said bon Jovi could suck his dick cause a fan in a bar came up to him and thought he was Jon Bon Jovi. It hurt his ego so he said that.

I'm sure that being compared to a cheesy pop act would hurt any real musician's ego.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #770 on: June 06, 2006, 04:59:05 PM »

And if he was a rocker like someone said earlier he'd be in hall of fame? Grin

How can they be in RN'R Hall Of Fame ? They got their first album out in 1983, and it takes 25 years to be eligible for the hall Of Fame.

You do the math.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #771 on: June 06, 2006, 05:02:41 PM »

If you think the Stones are seriously the greatest band ever its ridiculous.

Personally the Eagles can blow the Stones out anyday.

The Stones we're the greatest "pure" band of all time. ?They wrote there own songs, lived the Rock and Roll life, and have been active for over 40 years. ?Thats why they are the greatest. ?They we're never a "studio" band like The Beatles and...
 ?

The Eagles?

I hate the fuckin' Eagles Man

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #772 on: June 06, 2006, 06:06:41 PM »

Bon Jovi will be in the hall of fame in 2008.

Trust Me

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #773 on: June 06, 2006, 06:16:57 PM »

Bon Jovi will be in the hall of fame in 2008.

Trust Me
Maybe if they start a pop hall of fame..

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #774 on: June 06, 2006, 06:33:27 PM »

I'm not a fan of Bon Jovi, but they have made a huge impact on the music world.  I remember in the 80s when everybody and their brother we're into BJ.  I kinda dug them too in the 80's, but thought that Bed of Roses was the last good song.  I do respect them though, Sambora is a great guitarist.  Most of the kids on this board are so quick to talk shit, it kinda pisses me off.   

I don't know if they'll get in in 08, but rest assured they'll get in the HOF. 

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #775 on: June 06, 2006, 06:52:16 PM »

If everyone on this forum had the reading comprehension skills of Dick Purple ,this wouldnt even be an argument.

Thanks Dick Purple for being able to read.

Jon never said the Stones SHOULDNT keep playing.

He only said He cant see himself following in their footsteps and continuing to play

A reporter asked him how long he sees himself touring and making albums.

He said he wouldnt do it as long as the rolling stones PERIOD.

He said when he got fat and old and the fans were there for nostalgia only, he'd give it up.

Nowhere did he say that the Stones were fat or nostalgic or any of that.

Jesus Christ the way u guys read into shit, Im actually shocked u all didnt interpret the Fat and Nostalgia as a diss to Axl.

He didnt say they were embarrassing themselves, he said Keith fell out of a cocunut tree, he was jokin and having a good time with it.

If anyone knows or have read or ever saw Jon Bon Jovi speak, they would know he is not a hater or a malice person towards anybody which was why it was so hilarious when people actually believed he said that about Axl.

Finally someone gets it right.  I saw Bon Jovi live and they were good (apart from the songs off of their newer albums, which i am not really a fan of)
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #776 on: June 06, 2006, 07:43:18 PM »

the Eagles can blow the Stones out anyday.

OMFG! I really hope you're kidding

Mick Jaggers voice is fucked and well the music isn't as good live as it is on CD. Its worse.

If you listen to a boot like Brussels 73 and say things like that, I can't do anything for you  ok

The Rolling Stones are fuckin amazin' live, especially during the Mick Taylor's years.

Besides, Mick jagger's voice is preety good actually. Sure it's not the 70s anymore, but he can still rock for 2 hours and sing every song without running out of breath, which is really amazing considering his age.

But the Beatles always will be better then the Stones. 

I do not argue with that. While I prefer the Stones, the Beatles had a bigger impact in Pop culture. However, I think the Stones influenced more Rock n Roll in general. It seems to me they had a bigger impact influencing people like Axl Rose, Slash, Steven Tyler than the Beatles.

They also managed to keep all their band members.

What are you doing in a Guns n' Roses board?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #777 on: June 06, 2006, 07:46:22 PM »

Eduardo:

You are the man.  That and Ventilator Blues are some of my favorite RS songs.

Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #778 on: June 06, 2006, 07:55:05 PM »

Eduardo:

You are the man.  That and Ventilator Blues are some of my favorite RS songs.

Sway fuckin rocks. So does Ventilator Blues. Two songs from my two favorite Stones albums  ok
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #779 on: June 06, 2006, 08:00:48 PM »

Everything about the HAND 2005-2006 World Tour is great.

Well, we wouldn't know here in Australia because they don't wanna tour here. no

It's one of the reasons I don't like Bon Jovi anymore. They seem to be too concerned with money these days.

They reckon they haven't got a big enough fan base in Australia despite playing sellout shows on their previous tours (1993, 1996). Shocked
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 08:43:35 PM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: