Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211623 times)
Evolution
« Reply #740 on: June 06, 2006, 12:16:19 AM »

Where exactly in that article does he call The Rolling Stones fat or musical embarressments?

Fair enough he wants to bow down before he's too old, but he probably shouldn't have brought up Keith.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #741 on: June 06, 2006, 12:17:53 AM »

U guys are really reading way too much into this.

why did i know your username would show up in this thread... rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #742 on: June 06, 2006, 01:47:18 AM »

Bon Jovi can suck my dick-Axl Rose.

U know what is ironic about this?

Axl said that cause a fan thought HE was Jon Bon Jovi cause back then Jon Defined what Rockstar was.

Desmond Child Co Wrote Prayer and Bad Name

Its not like he wrote the entire song by himself and just gave Richie and Jon Credit.

What a guy like Desmond does is, he will come in and help clean up some rough spots and help smooth out ideas but he doesnt write the entire songs from scratch.

Gunner80 get that bullshit out of here, their music will be around forever, U will always hear bad name and Prayer and Wanted from now till whenever.

If fans were only at the shows to hear the old songs, they wouldnt sell out 3 straight nights at Giants Stadium, they wouldnt sell out Gillette Stadium in New England, wouldnt sell out the Philadelphia Eagles new Stadium

So while all u guys run your dicksuckers about Bon Jovi they are playing to stadiums,still selling millions of records and still hitting the charts.

First Rock Band Ever to hit number 1 on a country chart.

Jon Discovered and funded two other great bands in the 80's.

He also had a solo number 1 hit without a band or anyone else.

Had Prayer and Bad Name been the only 2 hits Bon Jovi ever had, u guys could come on here and spew your fuckin bullshit.

Bon Jovi have almost 20 top 40 hits and out of those maybe 5 were cowrote with someone.

So know your facts before lookin dumb.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #743 on: June 06, 2006, 03:34:03 AM »

and he pokes fun at Keith falling out of a tree.

Well, I'm very sorry but falling from a coconut tree wasn't very rock n' roll hihi

Quote from: RichardNixon

Man, everytime one of you guys bring that up, I'm laughing out loud beer It's so funny cause you don't even know why Axl said that. You're just acting like a sheep following his master's saying.

Thankx D for explaining (one more time I guess) why Axl said that.

Of course Jon & Richie wrote tunes with other people. But do you guys know people like West Arkeen, Paul Tobias, etc ...

Man, it's so hard to be a BJ fan ... But fuck it, I like that ! I don't give a shit if people reminds them only for a fucking haircut or that fucking "It's My Life" song. People who go behind that stupid image thing knows that this (BJ) is a good band.

I saw them live in Nijmegen (Netherlands) two weeks ago and it was (again) a blast.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #744 on: June 06, 2006, 03:55:05 AM »

Quote from: RichardNixon

Quote from: DTM
U know what is ironic about this?

Axl said that cause a fan thought HE was Jon Bon Jovi cause back then Jon Defined what Rockstar was.

And he still does. He's every inch of a rock star, from head to toes.

Desmond Child Co Wrote Prayer and Bad Name

Its not like he wrote the entire song by himself and just gave Richie and Jon Credit.

+1 - Desmond Child explained the same thing over and over again.

What a guy like Desmond does is, he will come in and help clean up some rough spots and help smooth out ideas but he doesnt write the entire songs from scratch.

Gunner80 get that bullshit out of here, their music will be around forever, U will always hear bad name and Prayer and Wanted from now till whenever.

If fans were only at the shows to hear the old songs, they wouldnt sell out 3 straight nights at Giants Stadium, they wouldnt sell out Gillette Stadium in New England, wouldnt sell out the Philadelphia Eagles new Stadium

So while all u guys run your dicksuckers about Bon Jovi they are playing to stadiums,still selling millions of records and still hitting the charts.

First Rock Band Ever to hit number 1 on a country chart.

Jon Discovered and funded two other great bands in the 80's.

He also had a solo number 1 hit without a band or anyone else.

Well, nothing much to say, except that there's so much thing we coul add. Hey, why not make a list of everything Bon Jovi has accomplished ? I mean this in a serious way, I'm a big fan of the band too D.

Had Prayer and Bad Name been the only 2 hits Bon Jovi ever had, u guys could come on here and spew your fuckin bullshit.

Bon Jovi have almost 20 top 40 hits and out of those maybe 5 were cowrote with someone.

So know your facts before lookin dumb.

Many many songs will remain ... "Wanted Dead Or Alive", "Bad Medicine", "Lay Your Hands On Me", "Blaze Of Glory" (Academy Awards nominated, Golden Globe winner) "Dry County", "Always", "Runaway", "You Give Love A Bad Name", "Hey God", "These Days", "My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms", etc etc etc

The Moscow peace festival in '89
The live 8
Rock In Rio 2001
Monsters Of Rock '87
Richie doing Denise Richards Grin
Countless hit songs
4 great solo albums by Jon and Richie

« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 04:07:01 AM by Rourke » Logged

Long live GN'R.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #745 on: June 06, 2006, 05:46:02 AM »

And in the end BJ is nothing compared to The Stones.. That's a simple fact.

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #746 on: June 06, 2006, 07:33:57 AM »

Jon bon jovi does not define what a rockstar is, he defines what a pop star is, he was in a commercial band. And he sings crappy now anyway and does  a weird lame dance.

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #747 on: June 06, 2006, 08:19:12 AM »

While sandman needs to do a bit of research before posting, everyone I know who went to the Sydney Rolling Stones show here a few months back gave it rave reviews.

Yep, I went along and it was an awesome concert. Surely it was very nostalgic, but no-one was there poking fun at the band, not from what I saw, they were regarded as rock n roll legends. Keith got the biggest cheer of the night from the crowd too.

I'm surprised he actually said "until then I can't stop" because I thought this album might be their last. I've heard quite a few recordings from this tour and the guy is really losing his voice big time. I certainly wouldn't be complaining if they kept going though? ok

Maybe they'd finally decide to put Australia on their tour itinerary next time ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #748 on: June 06, 2006, 09:38:52 AM »

While sandman needs to do a bit of research before posting, everyone I know who went to the Sydney Rolling Stones show here a few months back gave it rave reviews.

I think JBJ is just using them as a comparison to how he wants to bow out, it's not such a huge insult.

Yeah, the point is he doesn't want to be a nostalgic act or something, so he says they'll keep going, just like the Stones, but they'll stop when they find out it's the right time for them ...

I'm surprised he actually said "until then I can't stop" because I thought this album might be their last. I've heard quite a few recordings from this tour and the guy is really losing his voice big time. I certainly wouldn't be complaining if they kept going though? ok

Hu ? I think his vocals are very good compared to the Bounce tour (2003). He definitly has worked hard for this Tour.

Evrything about the HAND 2005-2006 World Tour is great. The setlists here in Europ are very good. The stage is impressive and the band plays better than ever. Even Richie, with his arm broken in two places, is playing like his life depends on it !

Man, I understand that some people don't like this band, and it's their very right. But you must at least admit that they are all excellent musicians, performers, they all sing very good, they've written some classic tunes, they're loyal to their fans, they managed to stick together after 23+ years, etc ...

They got my respect.

Long live GN'R.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #749 on: June 06, 2006, 10:04:17 AM »

the stones still put on one of the best shows out there. and unless you've seen them live, you can't disagree with this.

and they've made plenty of good music in recent years. they're only a punch line if you believe certain media critics. and who does that anyway?

bon jovi is jealous. and he doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as the stones.

he can't even write his own music. he has other people write "hits" for him, and his songs still sound the same.

the stones are, and always will be, the greatest rock band ever.

I've seen them live.

Sars stock in Canada.

And boy did they suck.

AC/DC blew them out of the water and they are only a little younger.

Fuck All Y'all
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #750 on: June 06, 2006, 10:06:58 AM »

Well all these quotes are prolly taken outta context...anyway IMO i think they are a joke too...no decent releases in 25+ years? time to pack it in boys

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #751 on: June 06, 2006, 10:08:15 AM »

Its also a simple fact that the stones = nothing compared to the Beatles.

So whats your fucking point?

« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:10:02 AM by Jimmer Jammer » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #752 on: June 06, 2006, 10:10:30 AM »

Its also a simple fact that the stones = nothing compared to the Beatles.

So whats your fucking point?

lol i dont get whats so good about the beatles.

html sucks
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #753 on: June 06, 2006, 10:24:59 AM »

WHAT?

The Rolling Stones are becoming an embarrassment but Jon didnt say that.

Bonjovi, and especially JON Bon jovi has been a embarassment for like, forever

I've seen them live.

Sars stock in Canada.

And boy did they suck.

AC/DC blew them out of the water and they are only a little younger.

Sorry but you're alone here my friend. Everybody I know that went to a Rolling Stones said they blew the crowd away. I went myself, in Copacabana 2006 and it fuckin rocked

And Bon Jovi isnt CLOSE to what a rockstar is. That honor is to Mr. Keith Richards. He still manages to be cool even at his age.

Bon Jovi is nothing but a Springsteen wannabe. And he sucks at it btw.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:33:30 AM by Eduardo » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #754 on: June 06, 2006, 10:31:42 AM »

U guys are really reading way too much into this.

Basically he is saying, when he gets old and cant sell records, he wont tour just for nostalgia and to make money.

Whats the big deal?

Anyone seriously think the Rolling Stones should still tour?

I agree. Bon Jovi are one of the best bands period. The RS are a joke and really need to hang it up. They are so old that it's sad.

I hope Bon Jovi rock until they are 60. 60 is a good age to stop playing.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #755 on: June 06, 2006, 10:34:14 AM »

Well all these quotes are prolly taken outta context...anyway IMO i think they are a joke too...no decent releases in 25+ years? time to pack it in boys

Slippery When Wet - New Jersey - Keep The Faith - These Days

Those are more than decent releases ok

Sambora has released two great solo albums as well peace

Long live GN'R.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #756 on: June 06, 2006, 11:34:02 AM »

100,000,000 albums...

um ok...

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #757 on: June 06, 2006, 12:50:55 PM »

The Rolling Stones were great in their time but they are livin off their name period.

I saw them at the Super Bowl and it was excrutiating and horrible to watch.? People are told what to believe and they follow like obedient puppy dogs.

Music is Subjective anyway. Ill take Stadium Arcadium by RHCP over any Beatles,Zepplin,Stones whatever record and Id definitely take a Bon jovi album over any of those groups as well.

just cause Critics, Who for some reason dont mean a fuckin thing when they bash Axl but when they claim the Rolling STones are the greatest band ever for some fuckin stupid reason everyone agrees and swallows it as fact.

I still think its hilarious that people have the nerve to bash Jon Bon Jovi for being honest and giving his opinion but praise Axl for bashing Jon out of jealousy.

Axl said Bon jovi Can suck My dick out of jealousy cause Jon was more famous and people thought Axl was Jon.

So if Jon is lame for what he said about The Stones, that makes Axl even more lame.

U dont sell 100,000,000 albums, have 5 number 1 billboard 200 singles *GNR have 1* 18 or so top 40 hits without being a great band.

They still sell out every single North American Show they do and outside of Metallica and U2 are the most successful band around that made it big in the 80's.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 12:52:39 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #758 on: June 06, 2006, 12:52:49 PM »

Slippery When Wet - New Jersey - Keep The Faith - These Days

Those are more than decent releases ok

Sambora has released two great solo albums as well peace

I know.....I'm talkin 'stones bein a joke boss Wink

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #759 on: June 06, 2006, 01:05:08 PM »

Axl said Bon jovi Can suck My dick out of jealousy cause Jon was more famous and people thought Axl was Jon.

Maybe. And maybe he also didn't like Jon for whatever reason.

So if Jon is lame for what he said about The Stones, that makes Axl even more lame.

Jon is lame here. And if Axl is more lame I can live with that too.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: