Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:28:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211810 times)
gunner mad
Headliner

Hell was full ..so i came BACK

« Reply #660 on: March 03, 2006, 06:45:28 PM »

I know it's  the wrong band but i feel i have to post this to prove that Bon Jovi is capable of swearing and that he is a T.W.A.T. It was printed in my daily rag Th e Star
heres the jist of it :-
Jon 44 stormed: "I hate the darkness. F***king hate 'em. I don't understand it. I know they are huge but I've never really got it. It's just Spinal Tap isn't it? It's just a lark. I'm not sure they think so, though. I think they take it seriously. They made a little spash in the USA but man, I don't get it all." So there you go and were'nt the Darkness supposed or/ reported to to be opening for GN'R in Dublin? were'nt we all saying summit about ENVY  hihi
GunsN'Gravy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #661 on: March 03, 2006, 06:47:37 PM »

This post is full of homosexuality. Not the poster, mind you, just the post itself.

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature
badapple81
« Reply #662 on: March 03, 2006, 06:49:23 PM »

This source is about as credible as the first! I mean c'mon.. The Star?! ?rofl hihi rofl hihi

Jon has never had a history of slagging off other artists. One journalist once asked him to slag off hip hop or boy bands or something.. and his reply was "you can learn something new off every kind of artist" or something similar I can't remember exactly.

As I said, he has never had a history of this and has no reason to start doing it now. I mean two sell out shows at the new Wembley stadium and other big European Stadiums and a successful sell out full US Arena tour.. a big hit single.. sorry but this is all a load of BS.
gunner mad
Headliner

Hell was full ..so i came BACK

« Reply #663 on: March 03, 2006, 07:08:05 PM »

This post is full of homosexuality. Not the poster, mind you, just the post itself.

come on your avin a laugh here ?? look at chewy rofl rofl rofl rofl aahh just kiddin
i'm sayin what i'm seeing and i'm seeing what i'm saying and it's saying it in the Star ok
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #664 on: March 03, 2006, 08:53:09 PM »

This source is about as credible as the first! I mean c'mon.. The Star?!  rofl hihi rofl hihi

Jon has never had a history of slagging off other artists. One journalist once asked him to slag off hip hop or boy bands or something.. and his reply was "you can learn something new off every kind of artist" or something similar I can't remember exactly.

As I said, he has never had a history of this and has no reason to start doing it now. I mean two sell out shows at the new Wembley stadium and other big European Stadiums and a successful sell out full US Arena tour.. a big hit single.. sorry but this is all a load of BS.
Not all the dates in the US were sold out. More like 95%

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
badapple81
« Reply #665 on: March 03, 2006, 09:00:13 PM »

Probably not but it was a massive success and no doubt they will go back for a second round of dates.

First gig at the new Wembley Stadium.. SOLD OUT! That's amazing and historic. They were also the last gig at the old Wembley before it was knocked down.

They played Wembley during the These Days tour (a few shows I think), Crush Tour and the HAND tour. Only select bands like Queen can consistently pull in that sort of crowd.

But anyway I see no reason Jon would say this stuff, he never has before and has no reason to start now.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #666 on: March 04, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »

Bon Jovi is a good band... just get over it people.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #667 on: March 06, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »

bon jovi is a little rich brat pussy  yes

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #668 on: March 06, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »

Nah, Bon Jovi rules.

But I don't like the look of that playlist.  Slowly the shows are becoming all new material, with the exception of token classics like 'Livin on a Prayer' and 'Keep the Faith'.  It's a bit disapointing.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #669 on: March 06, 2006, 01:58:38 PM »

But I don't like the look of that playlist.? Slowly the shows are becoming all new material, with the exception of token classics like 'Livin on a Prayer' and 'Keep the Faith'.? It's a bit disapointing.
It would be cool if they took a leaf out of Iron Maiden's book and did some gigs where they just played songs from certain albums.

One set of shows Slippery When Wet/New Jersey.

Then second set of shows Keep The Faith/These Days.

Then rest of the shows on the tour they could focus on new stuff with a few classics.

Gives people a chance to go and see the Bon Jovi they like the most.

Especially if they did 2/3 shows in cetain areas e.g. London.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #670 on: March 06, 2006, 02:34:53 PM »

Man, i'd be at the Slippery when wet/New Jersey in a second.  That'd be fucking cool!
badapple81
« Reply #671 on: March 08, 2006, 06:49:20 AM »

Im actually quite pissed off that Bon Jovi are missing Australia again. Same happened on Crush, Bounce and now HAND. Yet they came for These Days and his solo Destination Anywhere tour.

Only explanation is the Australian Dollar and the cost of coming here.. of course that's a major issue with Bon Jovi being really poor and all  rant
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #672 on: March 08, 2006, 10:26:06 AM »

It would be cool if they took a leaf out of Iron Maiden's book and did some gigs where they just played songs from certain albums.

One set of shows Slippery When Wet/New Jersey.

Then second set of shows Keep The Faith/These Days.

Then rest of the shows on the tour they could focus on new stuff with a few classics.

Gives people a chance to go and see the Bon Jovi they like the most.

Especially if they did 2/3 shows in cetain areas e.g. London.

I think that would be stupid. It is cool to think about but it wouldn't go so well. We you have every record you've ever released go PLatium worldwide then you can't do that. Bon Jovi have released 9 studio albums. You can't just do that.

Oh yeah, they did jump from #76 to 38 on the charts this week, and they also got their first top 40 hit since "It's My Life" witht he new song "Who Says You Can't Go Home"

Which I personally don't care that much for. It's alright and not bad, but surprised me. I thought Have a Nice Day would make the top 40 but it even still surprised me with a #53 peak.

This is their biggest standing album since Crush.

ROCK OUT !

But don't damn me
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #673 on: March 08, 2006, 10:40:15 AM »

Yeah, and 3.5 million copies of the album have been sold so far ok (US + world). This is from their official site. With the Tour going on stronger, and new singles coming, it's gonna be good peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #674 on: March 08, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »

I think that would be stupid. It is cool to think about but it wouldn't go so well. We you have every record you've ever released go PLatium worldwide then you can't do that. Bon Jovi have released 9 studio albums. You can't just do that.
Fine it's a risk but i think many fans would appreciate it.  It's not like they can't afford to take that kind of risk, people love the old stuff and to do some shows that focus on past albums would do no harm, it's called being different.

I and many others would much rather see them play shows focusing on the older albums rather than the new since i would prefer to see a good rock band instead of a good pop one...... Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #675 on: March 08, 2006, 03:24:23 PM »

I still chuckle at those who talk shit about Bon Jovi who next to U2 and Metallica are by far the most popular band of the 80's.

Look at their peers from mid 80 to late 80's.

Bon Jovi are easily number 1 in that arena rock category which is why it was hilarious when people overreacted to that bullshit JBJ dissing Axl story.

Do u really think for a minute that Jon Bon Jovi is jealous in anyway of Axl Rose?

Think about that for a minute.

Why the fuck would he be?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #676 on: March 22, 2006, 01:29:14 PM »

I have a Bon Jovi Crush DVD for sale on ebay.

Search for it. It is starting for 10.00

Great condition!

But don't damn me
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #677 on: March 23, 2006, 11:55:04 AM »

Here is the link to the Crush DVD that's in great condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9115922814&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Good buy. Someone help me out?

But don't damn me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #678 on: April 22, 2006, 11:17:18 PM »

BON JOVI wrapped up their sold out Japanese stadium tour with a show last nite (Tuesday, April 18th) at the SAPPORO DOME in SAPPORO, JAPAN. Check out the set list from the last show of the Japanese leg of the HAVE A NICE DAY TOUR:

LAST MAN STANDING (JBJ started on the Floor)
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
CAPTAIN CRASH & THE BEAUTY QUEEN FROM MARS
I'D DIE FOR YOU
THE RADIO SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT
NOVOCAINE
EVERYDAY
BORN TO BE MY BABY
STORY OF MY LIFE
MISUNDERSTOOD
IN THESE ARMS
HAVE A NICE DAY
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
IT'S MY LIFE
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (Electric Version / Richie Sambora on lead vocals)
DIAMOND RING (acoustic)
I WANT TO BE LOVED
BAD MEDICINE
RAISE YOUR HANDS
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

encores:
BELLS OF FREEDOM
LAST CIGARETTE
I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
THESE DAYS

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #679 on: April 22, 2006, 11:20:16 PM »

New Jersey rockers Bon Jovi, who have been working the road for months in support of last year's "Have a Nice Day," will keep up the pace with a series of stadium concerts this summer. The group has unveiled a batch of July performances, most of which are set at baseball and football stadiums, including a two-night stand on its home turf at Giants Stadium. So far, stops are planned in seven cities, all of which will feature support from Canadian rock outfit Nickelback.

Tickets for all of the currently confirmed shows will hit the box office before the end of this month. Details are included in the itinerary below.
July 2006
10 - Hollywood, FL - Seminole Hard Rock Live (on sale 4/22)
13 - Montreal, QC - Parc Jean-Drapeau (on sale 4/22)
15 - Philadelphia, PA - Citizens Bank Park (on sale 4/29)
18, 19 - East Rutherford, NJ - Giants Stadium (on sale 4/24)
21 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field Stadium (on sale 4/22)
23 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field (on sale 4/29)
27 - Foxboro, MA - Gillette Stadium (on sale 4/22)

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: