Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228557 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211979 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #580 on: December 25, 2005, 07:12:01 AM »

that is why they are still goin strong and kickin ass after all these years, 28 fuckin songs!

I gotta find a boot of that show, Gunnerdownunder u think u can locate this show?

Holy shit Id give anything tohave this on DVD.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #581 on: December 25, 2005, 09:45:39 PM »

Which show?

I just wish Bon Jovi would come to Australia  rant

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #582 on: December 26, 2005, 12:24:17 AM »

Bon jovi is a great band, but the lyrics only talk about how he is not gonna let anybody tell him how to live his life  hihi.   I liked the WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS, Beatles cover they did for MTV years ago that was great, but the original song is cooler.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #583 on: December 26, 2005, 12:54:52 AM »

Which show?

I just wish Bon Jovi would come to Australia? rant

The Third night of The New Jersey shows at continental airlines arena

setlist is above.

Dude please try and get this, Ill be forever grateful!!!

badapple81
« Reply #584 on: December 26, 2005, 09:01:49 PM »

Bon jovi is a great band, but the lyrics only talk about how he is not gonna let anybody tell him how to live his life? hihi.? ?I liked the WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS, Beatles cover they did for MTV years ago that was great, but the original song is cooler.

Haha very true Charlie GMS  Grin

Yes I liked the cover too. They played the song at a lot of other shows live too. But JBJ's vocals and performance at the MTV 'An Evening With Bon Jovi' show was excellent! I have that on the VHS that came out.. soon to be converted to DVD with my new recorder  Grin
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #585 on: December 27, 2005, 12:34:26 PM »

I also have An evening with Bon Jovi, and   I liked that show, but I didnt like the Maracas at the end with Keep the Faith, that is not Bon Jovi's Style in my opinion, but they perform really well with the original bass player, I wonder what is he doing now?
badapple81
« Reply #586 on: December 27, 2005, 07:00:21 PM »

I also have An evening with Bon Jovi, and ? I liked that show, but I didnt like the Maracas at the end with Keep the Faith, that is not Bon Jovi's Style in my opinion, but they perform really well with the original bass player, I wonder what is he doing now?

I'm not sure, good question.

He regulary brings the maracas out for KTF.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #587 on: December 28, 2005, 12:48:47 AM »

Id like him to play in the band again. I hope he isnt in drugs or some bad things.
badapple81
« Reply #588 on: December 28, 2005, 04:40:07 AM »

http://web.telia.com/~u37005276/alec.htm

Alec collects antique weapons, and he's proud over his collection. He once did bring one of them on a concert. He was stopped by the security people, and it took him hours to explain that he didn't mean any harm.

Alec left Bon Jovi in 1994, after they released their Best of album, Crossroad. Since then he has managed a couple of local Jersey bands and he also owns a motorcycle shop. In September 1996 Alec had a motorcycle accident.
Alec listens to AC/DC, Judas Priest and Led Zeppelin.

There have been many speculations about why he left the band. What is true and not is difficult to know, but things didn't go on to well between Alec and Jon at the time. But nowadays they're friends again. But Alec are not planning to join the band again, he's got another life now. Jon's and Alec's relation at that time maybe isn't the only cause he left, it's also possible that he had had enough of the life as a famous rockstar.

Also from wikipedia..

Alec John Such (born on November 14, 1958 in Perth Amboy, New Jersey) was the bassist for Bon Jovi. He left the band in 1994 and hasn't been officially replaced. The reasons for his leaving have never been made public. Played with Richie Sambora in a band called "Message" before Bon Jovi. Alec Such left the band in 1994. There are many different stories out there as to why he is no longer with the band - such as he left because he wanted to or Jon fired him. Hugh McDonald took over as the bassist when he left, having already played on several albums from the debut onwards. However, he is seen by many as not an "official" member of the band, not appearing on album artwork and publicity shots. Sources tell me that Hugh is not a "set" member of the band because "the door is always open for Alec" if he ever wants to rejoin.

After leaving Bon Jovi he has managed a couple of local New Jersey bands. Such also owns a motorcycle shop in NYC.

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #589 on: December 28, 2005, 05:03:43 AM »

I think its great -- if true -- that Bon Jovi has the doors opened for Alec to join at any time. Thats a real brotherhood. I still hope he joins soon to his family  peace. On the other hand thanks Gunnerdownunder for all that info.  ok
badapple81
« Reply #590 on: December 28, 2005, 05:17:42 AM »

That's cool, I was always curious what he was up to.

Sounds kinda like Izzy huh.. has a bike.. quiet life.. been in a few local bands since.. owns a little shop.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #591 on: December 28, 2005, 07:38:37 AM »

i always thought the had there same line up from all the way Huh

was there any other line up changes from the band?

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #592 on: December 28, 2005, 09:39:12 AM »

Not that I know of..I belive the Bass Player was the only change..And like they said Hugh played on many albums to

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #593 on: December 28, 2005, 08:17:04 PM »

Let me straighten this out for u guys,

Alec was the orignal bass player but by the time New  Jersey rolled around Alec deteriorated as a bass player.

He just couldnt cut it.

They didnt use him on studio albums anyway and live he always fucked up and made mistakes.

So Jon could no longer piggy back him anymore and couldnt sacrifice their live sound due to his fuckups, so he cut him loose.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #594 on: December 28, 2005, 08:26:27 PM »

didn't  he also talk about stuff going on in the band when they all agreed that stuff like that would stay privet?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #595 on: December 28, 2005, 08:41:49 PM »

Yeah, they have a closed door policy and he went and spilled his guts to a magazine saying that Jon said His bass playing sucked! hihi hihi

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #596 on: December 28, 2005, 11:40:47 PM »

So on the albums that isn't Alec playing bass?  How bad could he have been?  Was it because he was really into drugs or something, or did he just really suck?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #597 on: December 29, 2005, 08:18:23 AM »

just wasnt that good.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #598 on: December 30, 2005, 06:08:22 PM »

just wasnt that good.

Then why was he ever even in the band?  Why would they wait so long to get rid of him?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #599 on: December 31, 2005, 05:02:17 AM »

his bass playin didnt alone get him kicked from the band, it was his goin public and airing the band's personal business that caused him to get fired.

he was also a lot older than Jon,Richie and Dave, I think he and Tico are near 50 now.

Alec also had a substance problem and that didnt help.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: