Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:23:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212047 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #520 on: September 27, 2005, 05:59:41 PM »

HaND debuts at #2 in US  ok

Beating initial expectations to sell 175,000 albums, Bon Jovi moved 201,074 copies, which puts them behind Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists (232,899). This is pretty damn good and the best Bon Jovi first week numbers that I'm aware of!
badapple81
« Reply #521 on: September 27, 2005, 07:48:24 PM »

Number 1 in Australia - with zero promotion let me tell you! In fact a Virgin store I went into the other day, didn't actually have the album and hasn't since it came out!

They also haven't done a tour here (besides some festival and a benefit show) since the These Days 95-96 tour!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #522 on: September 27, 2005, 10:49:33 PM »

It outsold Crush!

That is awesome!

Cant believe Disturbed outsold them though

Izzy this album is great

HAND isnt one of the 5 best songs on the CD

u gotta understand Jon is 43 years old

He said it best

The reason they are still relevant and selling records is because they dont chase trends, they dont pretend to be something they arent

Jon has grown up, he isnt a wild 20 something anymore

His lyrics are awesome on this record for the most part

"Hijacked a rainbow and fell into a pot of Gold" from Who Says U cant go home

She'll tell u she's an only child until u meet her brothers "wildflower"

"When your feeling down and your hearts about to break
remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes"   Welcome to wherever you are"

Its introspective, really great songwriting

here are the top BJ albums of all time

1.New Jersey
2.These Days
3.Slippery When Wet
4.Have A Nice Day
5.Keep The Faith

HAND is incredible

one week after listening and every song is great

Bon Jovi have stood the test of time cause they are one band who puts out very very limited filler

Fuck their god damned disc one of the unreleased vault stuff on the boxset is better than most albums that have came out in the last 5 years.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #523 on: September 27, 2005, 11:08:20 PM »

Thats some nice sells their for Jovi.

That Box set may be the greatest box set ever.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #524 on: September 28, 2005, 12:20:43 AM »

Thats good to hear Skip

It takes forever to get the dual disc of HAND to work in your computer a few songs skip in places for like a second but its only on one spot, one lyric, so it isnt bad, I wish I wouldve bought the plain CD version so I couldve had an easier time ripping it

I need Contraband on my MP3 player

I guess Ill go download em and do it that way.

I only want about 4 songs so Ill just pay 99 cents a song and do it that way.
Just turn off autoplay. Then you can rip Velvet's cd. Here's how-

First type in "regedit" in your run tab, then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SYSTEM- controlset002 -services- scroll down to the "cdrom" folder, right click on "AutoRun" click modify - chose base - Decimal - then modify Value Data to read "0" without the quotes. And you're ready to rip the disc without any problems.

Damn Dude u are a mad scientist, that shit works!

Too bad I spent 5 bucks on 5 songs

i read this too late.

Damn it!!!!!!

Oh Well I can rip the rest of the songs now

This works with all copyrighted CDs right?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #525 on: September 28, 2005, 12:35:28 AM »

Thats good to hear Skip

It takes forever to get the dual disc of HAND to work in your computer a few songs skip in places for like a second but its only on one spot, one lyric, so it isnt bad, I wish I wouldve bought the plain CD version so I couldve had an easier time ripping it

I need Contraband on my MP3 player

I guess Ill go download em and do it that way.

I only want about 4 songs so Ill just pay 99 cents a song and do it that way.
Just turn off autoplay. Then you can rip Velvet's cd. Here's how-

First type in "regedit" in your run tab, then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SYSTEM- controlset002 -services- scroll down to the "cdrom" folder, right click on "AutoRun" click modify - chose base - Decimal - then modify Value Data to read "0" without the quotes. And you're ready to rip the disc without any problems.

Damn Dude u are a mad scientist, that shit works!

Too bad I spent 5 bucks on 5 songs

i read this too late.

Damn it!!!!!!

Oh Well I can rip the rest of the songs now

This works with all copyrighted CDs right?
It should.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
POPmetal
« Reply #526 on: September 28, 2005, 07:20:06 PM »

HaND is #1 in JAPAN, AUSTRALIA, HOLLAND, AUSTRIA, GERMANY & CANADA, #2 IN U.K.

the numbers for HaND are a career high for Bon Jovi!? smoking

http://www4.islanddefjam.com/media/bonjovi/pressrelease/bonjovidebutweekpressrelease.html
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 07:22:52 PM by popmetal » Logged
Stones
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #527 on: September 29, 2005, 05:09:47 AM »

Its the kid of music your grandparents would approve of. Its blatant pop music, there is very little to distinguish it from Kelly Clarkson stuff except see isn't dragging the name of a once great band down with her....

then... why don't i like kelly clarkson? or own any of her albums? or download any of her songs? i mean, if they are the same thing... you'd think I'd buy her stuff too right? mmm... interesting comment.

and...

"isn't dragging the name of a once great band down with her" wait... dragging down? in what way, shape or form... is selling over 100 million albums worldwide dragging down...? in what way is selling out stadiums and arenas in over 50 nations worldwide dragging down...? in what way is "Have A Nice Day" debuting at #1 in over ten nations dragging down...? in what way is getting the opprotunity to be the first to play at the new Wembley Stadium dragging down....?

?
The video looks increibly forced - we all know they got a load of their hard core fans and shot the whole thing 30 times - but it shouldn't look like that, rock n roll is supposed to be? wild and raw and spontaneous.

so what if the video looks forced? who cares? try going to see them in concert, in front of 80,000 fans, it may look a bit more "rock n roll" to you.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #528 on: September 30, 2005, 01:01:50 AM »

I think the big sales numbers are a good sign.  In the past couple years old school rock and metal bands have been selling pretty well.  Judas Priest's new album debuted in the top 20, as did BLS's Mafia.  Contraband of course debuted at #1.  Hell even Tesla's Into The Now sold pretty well.  Its good to see there are still people out there that like good music.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #529 on: September 30, 2005, 04:04:55 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA BON JOVI ARE SHIT.

they have been releasing the same single for 10 years. Terrible terrible band.
badapple81
« Reply #530 on: September 30, 2005, 08:21:52 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA BON JOVI ARE SHIT.

they have been releasing the same single for 10 years. Terrible terrible band.

Then why bother coming into this thread then? Go and read/post in a thread for a band you like, with hopefully more insightful posts than 'HAHAHA BON JOVI ARE SHIT'  Shocked

BON JOVI ACHIEVES CAREER-HIGH FOR FIRST WEEK ALBUM SALES WITH HAVE A NICE DAY ? 201,881 UNITS!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ALBUM IS #1 IN JAPAN, AUSTRALIA, HOLLAND, AUSTRIA, GERMANY & CANADA, #2 IN U.K. ? ?HAVE A NICE DAY? IS TOP 10 SINGLE IN EUROPE

(Sept. 28, 2005 ? New York, NY)? Boosted by a non-stop week of television, radio, satellite and Internet media events, Island recording group Bon Jovi debuts with a blaze of glory on the Billboard 200 Albums chart this week, as HAVE A NICE DAY enters at #2 with first week sales of 201,881 units, besting the band?s previous first-week peak of 159,000 units for Bounce in 2002.

"Bon Jovi's record-setting first week sales for HAVE A NICE DAY is proof that there is no substitute for having the most loyal, steadfast fan base in the world on your side," said Steve Bartels, president, Island Records & COO, Island Def Jam Music Group.? "At the same time, the IDJ staff across the country and around the world has pushed open every door to insure that the new album's exposure would be second-to-none in Bon Jovi history.? All the elements came together and the results are the talk of the industry in North America, Europe and Asia.? Rock lives!"

Around the world, sales results indicate an equally impressive first week.? HAVE A NICE DAY was certified platinum overnight in Japan, and enters at #1, making Bon Jovi one of only three international acts to achieve three # 1 albums in that country (Beatles, Bay City Rollers).? The album also debuts at #1 in Australia, Holland, Austria, Germany and Canada, and #2 in the U.K., while the song, ?Have A Nice Day? is #6 on the Billboard Europe chart and #14 most-played on the European airplay chart.? Overall, the single is top 10 in Australia, Austria, Germany, Holland, Italy, Japan, Norway, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K.

Bon Jovi?s ?Have A Nice Day? single arrived at radio on July 18th, and the video premiered at AOL ?First View? a month later. After receiving the Diamond Award at the World Music Awards in August, the band rolled into September ? performing a sold-out concert at the Nokia Theater Times Square, which was simulcast via Network Live to AOL and XM Radio, and was beamed to more than 100 movie theaters across the country. Also that night from Nokia, the band taped a performance and special message that aired during ABC?s ?Monday Night Football? to help the network raise funds for Hurricane Katrina victims.

Bon Jovi was seen and heard throughout September on Clear Channel Online Music and Radio?s ?Sneak Peek,? CMT?s ?Crossroads? (with Sugar?land), ?The Howard Stern Show,? ?The Today Show,? and ?The CBS Early Show.?? ?AOL Sessions? is slated for October.

Bon Jovi?s hour-long Oprah appearance during the show?s 20th season premiere week opened with performances of ?It?s My Life? and ?You Give Love a Bad Name,? and closed with ?Have A Nice Day.? In between, Jon?s interview with Oprah was enhanced by taped segments of the Jersey native in some of the places closest to his heart; in Philly with members of his Philadelphia Soul Arena Football team; the band?s recording studio at Jon?s New Jersey home; and the Northern Home For Children where Jon donates time and resources. In appreciation for Oprah?s coverage of Hurricane Katrina and in the spirit of giving that defines them, Jon presented Oprah with a million dollar check on behalf of the entire band to aid her Angel Network?s ongoing hurricane relief efforts. The show concluded with the audience receiving tickets to the HAVE A NICE DAY World Tour concert in Chicago on November 4th (itinerary below).

A massive promotion on MLB.com ? representing 31 major league baseball sites (as well as the MinorLeagueBaseball.com home page) ? ran in September leading up to the in-store date. An estimated 150,000,000 visitors were treated to song previews, free downloads, a full-length video stream of ?Have A Nice Day,? and access to photos, wallpaper, autographed memorabilia, contests, auctions, polls, and a baseball cap purchase offer. They were also able to register to win free album download vouchers and a grand prize ?fly-away? sweepstakes to opening night of the tour.? Meanwhile, Smirkwatch.com provides the band?s CD-cover image to fans who have spread the image around the Internet.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 08:27:01 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
badapple81
« Reply #531 on: September 30, 2005, 08:22:35 AM »

With a #1 album here in Australia, surely they must tour this time!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #532 on: October 01, 2005, 12:48:05 PM »

Got my Bon Jovi tickets for Toronto this morning..4 in section 121...They added another show in toronto along with many other cities due to the first show selling out almost in the Presale

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Evolution
« Reply #533 on: October 01, 2005, 05:47:07 PM »

I fancy picking up a ticket to the Hampden show in Glasgow June 2006 smoking
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #534 on: October 02, 2005, 01:42:57 PM »

It outsold Crush!

That is awesome!

Cant believe Disturbed outsold them though

I can.  Disturbed is a far more innovative and interesting band than bon cheesy.  Plus, they have something that jon bon jovi would sell his soul for.... talent.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #535 on: October 02, 2005, 05:50:39 PM »

A Def Leppard fan complaining about anything being too "polished" Roll Eyes

Yep, i am

And if u can't hear the difference between a Hysteria track and a HAND track then...well, maybe u should try switching the speakers on

Def Leppard was polished pop-metal, HAND is polished pop. Clear enough?

There isn't a certain thing that rock n' roll is "supposed to be."

Afriad there is ok

Say what you will about HaND pandering to the mainstream, but at least Bon Jovi will not have to spend half their tour opening for Brian Adams.

Read carefully

CO-HEADLINING TOUR

Mkay?

And at the end of the day, it's still a great rock record.

Might be a great record, but it isn't rock

It just debuted at #1 in Australia.

And?

Things are looking good for a top 2 debut in the US.

And?

It's gonna do pretty well all over Europe.

And? Or better yet - so what?

So what if it's got modern radio friendly production.

It sounds like Kelly Clarkson...is she ''rock''?

It still kicks ass.

Pop can do that

If anything, the cross over effect will help bring pop fans over to the rock world, which is something the rock world could really use right now.

That's called ''selling out'' Roll Eyes

Popmetal - have a nice day hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #536 on: October 02, 2005, 06:00:10 PM »

Its the kid of music your grandparents would approve of. Its blatant pop music, there is very little to distinguish it from Kelly Clarkson stuff except see isn't dragging the name of a once great band down with her....

then... why don't i like kelly clarkson?

Roll Eyes

Do i need to answer that? Just because u like rock doesn't mean u like all rock songs, just because u like rap doesn't mean.... etc etc etc

if they are the same thing... you'd think I'd buy her stuff too right? mmm... interesting comment.

Idiot. No one buys a product soley on the basis of the genre its in

Maybe i should drop in here that many people that like Kelly Clarkson will have bought HAND, they also might have bought a few Venom albums, who knows hihi

"isn't dragging the name of a once great band down with her" wait... dragging down? in what way, shape or form... is selling over 100 million albums worldwide dragging down...?

They sold most of those albums before they dragged the name down for a start

Ask just about anyone what they think of Bon Jovi and u'll see how they are viewed.....

in what way is selling out stadiums and arenas in over 50 nations worldwide dragging down...?

Sales=quality? Roll Eyes

They sold out bad

in what way is "Have A Nice Day" debuting at #1 in over ten nations dragging down...?

Wake up - they were once a rock band, they are now a joke - hell they couldn't even shift 500k copies in the opening week with ''100 million fans''. Limp Bizkit managed 1 million in a week and Eminem 1.7 mill, with virtually no fan base behind them

in what way is getting the opprotunity to be the first to play at the new Wembley Stadium dragging down....?

Wake wakey. Just because the products sold doesn't mean its a good product - look at how many albums Beyonce shifted....

so what if the video looks forced?

That's just self explanatory. Its rock n roll - its supposed to be spontaneous, people having a good time

who cares? try going to see them in concert, in front of 80,000 fans, it may look a bit more "rock n roll" to you.

Standing in between the 14 year olds and their parents - exciting! hihi

As he often does, this guy says it just right:

Have a nice day is a pop record ,they are successful so whats the use of fooling yourself into thinking its anything else other than pop...if you like them, you like them, if you dont you dont so who cares what genre it belongs to...or are you just too ashamed to admit thats its pop?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 06:02:55 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
badapple81
« Reply #537 on: October 02, 2005, 06:14:47 PM »

Izzy.. with a new album out and lots to talk about.. the last thing we want to be doing is reading through all your negative posts.. so please, go and post in a thread for a band you DO like? ok
POPmetal
« Reply #538 on: October 02, 2005, 06:18:08 PM »

Popmetal - have a nice day hihi

thanks, I will ?hihi

Def Leppard might have been "co-headlining" with Bryan Adams, but they switched who went on first, so they ended up opening half the tour.

And even if you want to call HaND a pop album, it's still nowhere near as pop as X was.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #539 on: October 02, 2005, 07:53:36 PM »

Sales=quality? Roll Eyes

They sold out bad

Moving along from the wonders of ambient black metal (a genre of such quality no such band has actually sold any albums yet...)

Make up your mind...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: