Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212080 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #500 on: September 23, 2005, 05:34:17 PM »

Has anyboy watch the stuff on the duel disc yet? how is it ?

It's got the HaND video and the Electronic Press Kit, which is the same one shown before the Nokia concert. The best part is certainly the Atlantic City concert which I'm watching right now. David Bryan is playing an accordion on Miss 4th of July, that's pretty cool Grin They are in top form, I wish it was longer though.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #501 on: September 24, 2005, 02:37:05 AM »

Since i own the entire Atlantic City concert on a bootleg, I dont really know why I bought the dual disc, I guess I just have to have the Best Bon jovi package

Im probably gonna buy a regular copy to keep in my car and keep the dual disc in my dvd changer.

I ripped and copied the album into my MP3 player, so Im gonna get to listen to it while I work out tomorrow.

I hate VR's Contraband cause it is copyprotected and I Cant rip it into my MP3 player

why would they do that shit?

Is there anyway to rip that CD?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #502 on: September 24, 2005, 03:06:15 AM »

Since i own the entire Atlantic City concert on a bootleg, I dont really know why I bought the dual disc, I guess I just have to have the Best Bon jovi package

Im probably gonna buy a regular copy to keep in my car and keep the dual disc in my dvd changer.

I ripped and copied the album into my MP3 player, so Im gonna get to listen to it while I work out tomorrow.

I hate VR's Contraband cause it is copyprotected and I Cant rip it into my MP3 player

why would they do that shit?

Is there anyway to rip that CD?

I believe there is, in fact if ytou go back pages in the VR section, I'm sure there is a thread.

The Australian dual disc has 2 bonus tracks Dirty Little Secret and Unbreakable.

Second disc (DVD) has some of the Atlantic City tracks, and the Bon Jovi EPK.

I had no problems putting Contraband onto my ipod. I'm glad you can rip the tracks on HAND though, so I can send you that track.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #503 on: September 24, 2005, 03:10:51 AM »

How the Hell Did you get Contraband on your Ipod? every time I try the fuckin tracks skip.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
badapple81
« Reply #504 on: September 24, 2005, 03:13:49 AM »

How the Hell Did you get Contraband on your Ipod? every time I try the fuckin tracks skip.

I just imported it into itunes! Maybe the Australian version doesn't have the copyright protection?

I tried downloading a ripped mp3 of Come On Come In though, and a fucking car horn sounds every 10 seconds on every file I download of the song! WTF?!?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 08:20:50 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #505 on: September 24, 2005, 05:26:06 AM »

new bon jovi album sounds identical to some oasis songs.
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #506 on: September 24, 2005, 08:00:57 AM »

in my opinion 'have a nice day' - is the best album bon jovi have done since 'these days', the tracks on the album really grow on you if u give them the chance.

the only mistake is that 'dirty little secret' is not included on the album as it has one of the best guitar riffs.
badapple81
« Reply #507 on: September 24, 2005, 08:24:20 AM »

It has taken a week but yeah, Have A Nice Day has turned out to be a really solid album, definately overtaking Crush as my fave album since These Days.

Best songs for me are HAND, Who Says You Cant Go Home, Complicated and Last Cigarette.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #508 on: September 25, 2005, 03:31:35 AM »

Thats good to hear Skip

It takes forever to get the dual disc of HAND to work in your computer a few songs skip in places for like a second but its only on one spot, one lyric, so it isnt bad, I wish I wouldve bought the plain CD version so I couldve had an easier time ripping it

I need Contraband on my MP3 player

I guess Ill go download em and do it that way.

I only want about 4 songs so Ill just pay 99 cents a song and do it that way.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #509 on: September 26, 2005, 12:09:51 AM »

Thats good to hear Skip

It takes forever to get the dual disc of HAND to work in your computer a few songs skip in places for like a second but its only on one spot, one lyric, so it isnt bad, I wish I wouldve bought the plain CD version so I couldve had an easier time ripping it

I need Contraband on my MP3 player

I guess Ill go download em and do it that way.

I only want about 4 songs so Ill just pay 99 cents a song and do it that way.
Just turn off autoplay. Then you can rip Velvet's cd. Here's how-

First type in "regedit" in your run tab, then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SYSTEM- controlset002 -services- scroll down to the "cdrom" folder, right click on "AutoRun" click modify - chose base - Decimal - then modify Value Data to read "0" without the quotes. And you're ready to rip the disc without any problems.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 12:13:02 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #510 on: September 26, 2005, 08:14:06 AM »

I was listening to the single Have a nice day earlier - my god its horrible, its 'It's my life' all over again - its hideously polished rock radio nonsense. Their 80's stuff always managed to have that wild r'n'r element but this is corporate rock if i ever heard it

And a truly lousy video - words like 'forced', 'artificial' and 'black eyed peas' rip offs spring to mind

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Cristina
Rocker

« Reply #511 on: September 27, 2005, 04:01:04 AM »

Did you guys take a look at the Smirkwatch thing?  http://www.smirkwatch.com

There's a pic there that looks strangely familiar....   Wink

Have a look:

http://www.islandrecords.com/www2/fan_photos/313/7056-9122005-60803.jpg
Stones
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #512 on: September 27, 2005, 04:46:25 AM »

And a truly lousy video - words like 'forced', 'artificial' and 'black eyed peas' rip offs spring to mind

the black eyed peas rip off was part of the concept of the video... the whole video was the concept of how in today's entertainment world artist's work is redone, band's idea's are used as their own... it's the whole point.

and about the single. Superb song. It's My Life redone? You mean the line "I'm gonna live my life"? nah, if you understand the theme and concept of the whole album, you'd understand it's a very different statement of independence from "It's My Life." It's a great rock song. simple as that.
POPmetal
« Reply #513 on: September 27, 2005, 05:31:27 AM »

Right now, according to Hits Daily Double, with 49.61% of the results counted, HaND is on track to be the number one album. Bon Jovi has 86,187 records sold, while Disturbed is in second with 68,224.
badapple81
« Reply #514 on: September 27, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »

I was listening to the single Have a nice day earlier - my god its horrible, its 'It's my life' all over again - its hideously polished rock radio nonsense. Their 80's stuff always managed to have that wild r'n'r element but this is corporate rock if i ever heard it

Well looking back, most Bon Jovi albums have a similar theme.. Livin On A Prayer on Slippery When Wet, Keep The Faith from the same titled album, It's My Life from Crush, Everyday from Bounce and now Have A Nice Day, even Born To Be My Baby from New Jersey.. all positive songs.. songs of hope and dreams. It's Bon Jovi, it's what they sing about, and as much as I often enjoy listening to deep, soulful albums, sometimes it's refreshing to listen to positive, uplifting music.

As for the 80s stuff having that 'wild r'n'r element', with the exception of maybe These Days, the albums have all had that similar theme, lyrics and tempo. Bon Jovi have just been successful in adapting their sound to suit the decade. I think the r'n'r element has always remained. Songs like 'I'd Die For You', 'Blood On Blood' etc are still there today, just with a more modern sound.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #515 on: September 27, 2005, 09:32:35 AM »

and about the single. Superb song. It's My Life redone? You mean the line "I'm gonna live my life"? nah, if you understand the theme and concept of the whole album, you'd understand it's a very different statement of independence from "It's My Life." It's a great rock song. simple as that.

I was referring to the incredibly over polished rock radio sound - its as if the essance of rock n roll has been chemically distilled from it,

Its the kid of music your grandparents would approve of. Its blatant pop music, there is very little to distinguish it from Kelly Clarkson stuff except see isn't dragging the name of a once great band down with her....

The video looks increibly forced - we all know they got a load of their hard core fans and shot the whole thing 30 times - but it shouldn't look like that, rock n roll is supposed to be  wild and raw and spontaneous.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
POPmetal
« Reply #516 on: September 27, 2005, 02:25:11 PM »

according to melodicrock.com, Have a Nice Day debuted at #1 in australia? ok

US update:
with 66.70% of sales figures counted:
1: Disturbed - 164,856
2: Bon Jovi - 126,199
POPmetal
« Reply #517 on: September 27, 2005, 03:55:24 PM »

I was referring to the incredibly over polished rock radio sound - its as if the essance of rock n roll has been chemically distilled from it,

Its the kid of music your grandparents would approve of. Its blatant pop music, there is very little to distinguish it from Kelly Clarkson stuff except see isn't dragging the name of a once great band down with her....

The video looks increibly forced - we all know they got a load of their hard core fans and shot the whole thing 30 times - but it shouldn't look like that, rock n roll is supposed to be? wild and raw and spontaneous.

A Def Leppard fan complaining about anything being too "polished" Roll Eyes

I'm not knocking Def Leppard, I like Def Leppard more than Bon Jovi (though this is starting to change due to the fact that Bon Jovi is still putting out music I like while Def Leppard has turned into a nostalgia act), but it's hard to think of a more polished and radio friendly (for it's time) album than Hysteria. Maybe some Queen or Led Zeppelin stuff could give it a run for its money. There isn't a certain thing that rock n' roll is "supposed to be."

Say what you will about HaND pandering to the mainstream, but at least Bon Jovi will not have to spend half their tour opening for Brian Adams. And at the end of the day, it's still a great rock record. It just debuted at #1 in Australia. Things are looking good for a top 2 debut in the US. It's gonna do pretty well all over Europe. So what if it's got modern radio friendly production. It still kicks ass. If anything, the cross over effect will help bring pop fans over to the rock world, which is something the rock world could really use right now.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #518 on: September 27, 2005, 05:22:22 PM »

Have a nice day is a pop record ,they are successful so whats the use of fooling yourself into thinking its anything else other than pop...if you like them, you like them, if you dont you dont so who cares what genre it belongs to...or are you just too ashamed to admit thats its pop?

queen put out 17 albums in 16 years and 11 albums in the first 9 years...i dont think you can polish an album that much within such a short space of time..its amusing to think you are criticising the glorious queen and praising bon cheesy in the same post...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
POPmetal
« Reply #519 on: September 27, 2005, 05:27:07 PM »

Have a nice day is a pop record ,they are successful so whats the use of fooling yourself into thinking its anything else other than pop...if you like them, you like them, if you dont you dont so who cares what genre it belongs to...or are you just too ashamed to admit thats its pop?

It's got more guitars on it than most shit that passes for rock nowadays? Roll Eyes You clearly haven't listened to the album. Is it also poppy? Yes, but Bon Jove has always been a pop hardrock/metal band.

queen put out 17 albums in 16 years and 11 albums in the first 9 years...i dont think you can polish an album that much within such a short space of time..its amusing to think you are criticising the glorious queen and praising bon cheesy in the same post...

I'm "criticising" Queen? Shocked Where Huh Huh Huh? They are one of my favorite bands? confused
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 05:29:10 PM by popmetal » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: