Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:32:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212095 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #480 on: September 21, 2005, 05:13:34 PM »

Bon Jovi on Oprah today was awesome

Jon said the same thing I said to Tied up earlier

Jon said he hated when people made a big deal about his looks because he worked so hard to write songs and to connect with people that just raving about his looks diminishes all they have accomplished.

He said there have been many pretty faces to come and go but if they didnt have the songs that bookmarked people's lives that they wouldve had a 5 year career not a 20 year career.

He said if it were only about his looks they wouldve sold a million copies not 100 million copies.

They donated a million dollars to Oprah's Katrina foundation

They are taking all the money for their second video and instead of making a video they are building 4 houses for needy people in Philly.

there were 50 underpriviledged kids in homes in Philly who couldnt go to school cause they couldnt afford the uniforms or school supplies

so jon bought them the uniforms, 300 dollars worth of clothes each, backpacks full of school supplies and a Laptop computer for each of them.

Jon is a class act and came off great on Oprah.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
POPmetal
« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2005, 06:28:18 PM »

I watched the Nokia Performance last night in the movie theater and it was WILD! People dancing on their chairs and going crazy

there were about 100 people in my theater watching it

HOw many were at yours Popmetal?

Great Concert, Jon sounded awesome, I think he has cut back on the smokes cause his voice was way better than it has been.

Yeah, I agree. I really liked it. In a way it's better than going to an actual concert cuz you get a much better view in the theater, especially if you happen to be right behind the one 6'4" guy in the crowd which almost always happens to me at concerts Sad

In my theater there were about 60 - 80 people. Everyone got into it and was a lot of fun.

I still haven't listened to HaND enough to give it a fair review. But so far Unbreakable and Dirty Little Secret are the two clear favorites for me. I still can't get over the fact that they were left out of the US version.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 06:32:26 PM by POPmetal » Logged
badapple81
« Reply #482 on: September 21, 2005, 07:39:14 PM »

Bon Jovi on Oprah today was awesome

Jon said the same thing I said to Tied up earlier

Jon said he hated when people made a big deal about his looks because he worked so hard to write songs and to connect with people that just raving about his looks diminishes all they have accomplished.

He said there have been many pretty faces to come and go but if they didnt have the songs that bookmarked people's lives that they wouldve had a 5 year career not a 20 year career.

He said if it were only about his looks they wouldve sold a million copies not 100 million copies.

They donated a million dollars to Oprah's Katrina foundation

They are taking all the money for their second video and instead of making a video they are building 4 houses for needy people in Philly.

there were 50 underpriviledged kids in homes in Philly who couldnt go to school cause they couldnt afford the uniforms or school supplies

so jon bought them the uniforms, 300 dollars worth of clothes each, backpacks full of school supplies and a Laptop computer for each of them.

Jon is a class act and came off great on Oprah.

Top stuff! Can't wait to see it here in Australia.

Those stadium gigs are going to rock! I saw Bon Jovi play the olympic stadium here in Sydney, full of pop loving teeny boppers at a pop festival and he rocked the house down! All of the teeny poppers who thought Pink was the best thing ever, came out totally blown away by what they saw. Amazing.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2005, 11:38:52 PM »

Hey Popmetal do u have any way of sending me Dirty Little Secret?

Id love to hear it and YES I love Unbreakable now and it shouldve been on the CD instead of that duet with that country woman which i hate.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #484 on: September 22, 2005, 12:48:31 AM »

The album  isn't their best work but it is still pretty fuckin good.I agree with you D that country duet is fuckin horriable .Espaily considering the song is already on the damn album.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
POPmetal
« Reply #485 on: September 22, 2005, 01:05:20 AM »

Hey Popmetal do u have any way of sending me Dirty Little Secret?

Id love to hear it and YES I love Unbreakable now and it shouldve been on the CD instead of that duet with that country woman which i hate.

Unfortunately, the damn iTunes store has digital rights management which only allows the person who bought it to play it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 01:23:45 AM by POPmetal » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #486 on: September 22, 2005, 01:10:40 AM »

Based on first days sales, Hits Daily Double is forecasting a #2 debut, with 175,000 copies sold, behind Disturbed which is estimated to sell 225-250,000. But they are saying that the Oprah appearance has the potential to drive HaND's numbers up and maybe even challenge Disturbed. I seriously doubt it, but it would be awesome if they hit number 1? ok
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 01:12:12 AM by POPmetal » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2005, 01:41:34 AM »

Disturbed are u kiddin me?

FUCK

Oprah will add at least 100,000 copies

Do u know how many people watch Oprah?

I mean she makes books bestsellers just cause she recommends them

Having Oprah endorse Bon Jovi means more record sales

Id love to see a number 1 Bon Jovi album.

I dont like those projections

We had Oprah today, Jay Leno Thursday Night, So i Hope.

Also they did the CMT Crossroads with SUgarland, so that will open up an even broader audience, *the country duet is on the CD cause Bon Jovi are releasing that duet to Country radio by the way*
I know Crush only debuted with like 163,000 and Bounce only did around 125,000

So it will definitely best those.

POPmetal
« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2005, 02:13:10 AM »

The Jay Leno appearance got cancelled? Cry
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 02:15:51 AM by POPmetal » Logged
badapple81
« Reply #489 on: September 22, 2005, 03:50:29 AM »

D, I have the song on my album, I might be able to rip and send?
POPmetal
« Reply #490 on: September 22, 2005, 02:35:16 PM »

If anyone wants to watch the Nokia Theater concert, it's available on AOL Music:
http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?artistid=3734

And here's a link to the actual QuickTime file if you wanna download it to your hard drive
http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/aolmusic/networklive/2005/bonjovi/bonjovi_fullconcert_nlive_dl.mov
But it's 933MB, so don't try this on a dial up connection.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 03:11:10 PM by popmetal » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #491 on: September 23, 2005, 03:58:57 AM »

I picked up the DualDisk version of Have a Nice Day today. I love DualDisks love Also got the Slippery When Wet DualDisk. It has all the vids from that album, which is the coolest thing for me since I grew up in the 90s so I haven't seen most of those. Wanted Dead Or Alive is the only one I've seen before, the DualDisk has that plus the vids for You Give Love, Livin' On A Prayer,? Never Say Goodbye, and Wild In The Streets.
Stones
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #492 on: September 23, 2005, 09:49:06 AM »

Hey, in case you forgot who I am I'm a huge bon jovi fan, but I don't post here much, mostly read... but anyway...

Bought HAND on tuesday, and is easily the best album in over a decade. Right up there with Keep The Faith. Not quite with SWW or NJ. But def. a superb album, one of the best so far this year. Lyrically wise is the best ever. no doubt. "Dirty Little Secret", which is on the Asian versions, is simply one of the top 3 trakcs on the album, def. should've made the album, and even a single, very very very very very cool guitar riffs. the best since the "Next 100 years" solo.

To whoever who said it's ALMOST the same as Bounce or Crush, no no no.... far beyond that... it's at the same quality as KTF. A very well done album. I recommend it.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #493 on: September 23, 2005, 09:54:35 AM »

Bought HAND on tuesday, and is easily the best album in over a decade.

hihi rofl

Those kind of posts keep me coming back....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
POPmetal
« Reply #494 on: September 23, 2005, 03:27:41 PM »

Hey, in case you forgot who I am I'm a huge bon jovi fan, but I don't post here much, mostly read... but anyway...

Bought HAND on tuesday, and is easily the best album in over a decade. Right up there with Keep The Faith. Not quite with SWW or NJ. But def. a superb album, one of the best so far this year. Lyrically wise is the best ever. no doubt. "Dirty Little Secret", which is on the Asian versions, is simply one of the top 3 trakcs on the album, def. should've made the album, and even a single, very very very very very cool guitar riffs. the best since the "Next 100 years" solo.

To whoever who said it's ALMOST the same as Bounce or Crush, no no no.... far beyond that... it's at the same quality as KTF. A very well done album. I recommend it.

My first impression is pretty much the same? ok? For me, one of the big differences between Bounce and HaND is that I really liked Bounce the first dozen times I listened to it, but after that it quickly got old.? Have a Nice Day is growing on me right now and I'm liking it more the more I listen to it. That's what makes the difference between a mere good record like Bounce, and a classic like New Jersey or Keep The Faith. If this holds up, Have a Nice Day will probably become my favorite Bon Jovi album since Keep The Faith.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2005, 04:29:53 PM »

D, I have the song on my album, I might be able to rip and send?

Fuck yeah Dude, email it to me in case Pop Metals wont work

donnie40831@yahoo.com

Thanks Skip!!!!!!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2005, 04:33:41 PM »

Gotta Agree PopMetal

I love Bounce and still like it

HAND is like ContraBand and some albums like that, it takes time to really take the whole album in.

Pop Garbage albums are albums u love right away but wear out fast

Bounce wasnt a great album, Ill probably never listen to it again even though I like it

But HAND is more complex and the lyrics are actually deep and the melodies are complex and it takes time to really digest it and to pick it all up

now every song is really growin on me and I truly love this album.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #497 on: September 23, 2005, 04:39:58 PM »

Skippy if you could send it to me too . That would be cool.

After a couple of listnes the only song that I don't really like is the last one the county duet .But it mainly has to do with the fact that it was a song that was already on the album .they should have done a new song for that one.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #498 on: September 23, 2005, 04:53:55 PM »

I dont even count the last song cause to me its like a bonus track

my favorite song is Bells of Freedom or I wanna Be Loved

Last Cigarrette has really grown on me as well.

This is a Bon Jovi album like These Days

These Days was a better album than HAND but I didnt like These Days very much the first few listens but once it grew it really really stuck

HAND is like this, I didnt care for it much the first few listens but after a few u start pickin up little melodies and certain things u didnt catch right away and they slowly get stuck in your head and stay there.

HAND is definitely their best album since These Days.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #499 on: September 23, 2005, 05:03:51 PM »

Hand is definatly their best work since These Days.

Bells of Freedom and  I wanna Be Loved were the twon song that I liked right away.

Took me a few spins on last man standing to get into it..Now I can''t decide wich verson I like better .

Has anyboy watch the stuff on the duel disc yet? how is it ?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: