Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:26:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212120 times)
bigmark35
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #460 on: September 16, 2005, 07:43:15 PM »

Hey I'm an intern at Universal and I just got a free advanced copy of the new Bon Jovi album from my boss.  I know the single "Have a Nice Day" is getting played on TV and radio some, and was wondering if anyone else has heard it.  I haven't been able to stop listening to the album.  If you want to hear a sample of the single you can go to http://www.islandrecords.com/www2/ecard/bonjovi/bonjovi_haveaniceday/index.html

What do you think?
badapple81
« Reply #461 on: September 16, 2005, 10:36:07 PM »

The album is due in Australia Mon Sept 19 according to HMV when I visited instore.

I don't think joining BS with JBJ has any benefits for fans here as they'll probably miss us again for a tour as they did with Crush and Bounce, and if they do visit, play some crappy pop-fest dates.

The good news is our rock stations have been playing Have a Nice Day, it's been a while since they played Bon Jovi, Bounce was pretty much missed as was promoted through all one of the pop stations cos they did a pop festival with all the teeny boppers.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #462 on: September 17, 2005, 07:12:27 AM »

The new one n' alot of ol' school Bon Jovi gets heaps air play my way yes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
badapple81
« Reply #463 on: September 18, 2005, 02:59:32 AM »

Very sorry to say, picked up my copy of Have A Nice Day today, and it's very ordinary. No better than Bounce that's for sure.

Have A Nice Day is of course a good song, and Last Man Standing is catchy, I was surprised by it's 'Runaway' style tempo. A couple of other 'enjoyable' songs as I'd put them like 'One Last Cigarette', otherwise nothing really outstanding.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 10:31:27 PM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #464 on: September 19, 2005, 11:39:43 PM »

I just watched the Nokia Theater concert in a movie theater. Pretty damn good!  I'm really excited about this, I can't wait to get the album!!!!
POPmetal
« Reply #465 on: September 20, 2005, 12:54:34 AM »

Have a Nice Day is already available on iTunes!!!! I'm listening to it now. The booklet (available only if you pre-ordered) is good: lyrics and nice pics.

Max Martin co-wrote Complicated with Jon. Can't wait to get to that song!!!! Paul Buckmaster (who is rumored to have worked on Chinese Democracy) is credited with arranging strings on Wildflower.

Jon lists John Sykes in his special thanks section. I'm not sure if that means the guy at VH1, or the Thin Lizzy/ex-Whitesnake/Blue Murder guitarist, but if it's the latter, that's really fuckin' cool.

Desmond Child is only directly involved in Bells Of Freedom, which I'm listening to now and I think it's a lackluster song Sad DC is losing it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 01:11:59 AM by POPmetal » Logged
badapple81
« Reply #466 on: September 20, 2005, 04:29:32 AM »

I'm starting to like a couple of the songs a little more. I'm still a bit disappointed. Hope they tour here though, as they are just amazing live and will remain a top live act.

Edit: I'm very pleased to say I'm really liking a couple more of the songs.. Who Say's You Can't Go Home and Complicated especially  Cheesy  I'm starting to think the album could be almost on par with Crush and Bounce.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 10:03:23 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #467 on: September 20, 2005, 10:14:53 AM »

? I'm starting to think the album could be almost on par with Crush and Bounce.

That bah huh? Won't be wasting my money on that then!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
badapple81
« Reply #468 on: September 20, 2005, 10:16:56 AM »

They were no Slippery When Wet, New Jersey or Keep The Faith, but were still a good listen. My initial thoughts on my first listen were that the album wasn't even that.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #469 on: September 20, 2005, 06:15:17 PM »

Here comes the voice of reason

Here is the unbiased review of my first listen

1.Have A Nice Day 9/10
2.I wanna be loved 10/10  favorite song
3.welcome to wherever you are 9/10
4.Who says You Can't Go Home 8.5/10
5.Last Man Standing 7.5/10  This Left Feels Right Version was a 9/10
6.Bells Of Freedom  9.5/10 second favorite song, *I dont see why people arent likin this, it isnt about war its about personal freedom from things holding u back, its great*
7.Wildflower 8/10
8.Last Cigarrette 7/10
9.I Am 8/10
10.Complicated 8/10
11.Novacaine 7.5/10
12.Story Of my life 7/10

this was on first listen, im sure they will all grow on me

Izzy this CD is good although its more Adult Contemporary than it is Rock, so if that isnt your cup of tea then dont waste your money

I wanna be Loved is great though and so is Bells Of Freedom

I watched the Nokia Performance last night in the movie theater and it was WILD! People dancing on their chairs and going crazy

there were about 100 people in my theater watching it

HOw many were at yours Popmetal?

Great Concert, Jon sounded awesome, I think he has cut back on the smokes cause his voice was way better than it has been.

I was sorta disappointed they didnt play more new songs though

SET List for last night as best as i Remember

1.Last Man Standing
2.You Give Love A Bad Name
3.Livin On A Prayer
4.Born To Be My Baby
5.Have A Nice Day
6.Its My Life
7.Radio Saved My Life Tonight
8.Someday Ill Be Saturday Night *Acoustic*
9.Wanted Dead Or Alive
10.Who Says You Cant Go Home
11.Ill Sleep When Im Dead
12.Raise Your Hands
13. Keep The Faith
14. Some Cover Song not sure what it was
15.Bad Medicine

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #470 on: September 20, 2005, 07:04:46 PM »

I'm very surprised by some of your ratings D, well actually... no I'm not!

1.Have A Nice Day 9/10
2.I wanna be loved 10/10  favorite song
3.welcome to wherever you are 9/10
4.Who says You Can't Go Home 8.5/10
5.Last Man Standing 7.5/10  This Left Feels Right Version was a 9/10
6.Bells Of Freedom  9.5/10 second favorite song, *I dont see why people arent likin this, it isnt about war its about personal freedom from things holding u back, its great*
7.Wildflower 8/10
8.Last Cigarrette 7/10
9.I Am 8/10
10.Complicated 8/10
11.Novacaine 7.5/10
12.Story Of my life 7/10

We also have Unbreakable on the Australian CD with 2 bonus tracks and bonus DVD from Atlantic City.

Novacaine is a 6, Story Of My Life a 6, I Want To Be Loved a 7, Bells Of Freedom is yet to grow on em.. I'm going to give it another listen, Wildflower was disappointing, 7 as well.

Glad you enjoyed the CD though, I put it in my ipod and listened to it all night! Im really enjoying a few of the tracks.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #471 on: September 20, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

Its not my fav CD and I rank it just below Bounce

top Bon Jovi CDS

1.New Jersey
2.Slippery When Wet
3.These Days
4.Keep The Faith
5.Crush
6.Bounce
7.Have A Nice Day
8.7800 Farenheit
9.Bon Jovi

Honestly though I hated These Days the first 2 or 3 listens but now its one of my favorite CDS ever

HAND has potential to really grow on me although it sounds Country in some parts which is weird.

Im just Glad to have A New album, couldve been better, im pissed there werent any love songs but oh well.

badapple81
« Reply #472 on: September 20, 2005, 07:35:59 PM »

Awwww poor D, no love songs for widdle D? Cry

rofl

Don't worry, you don't need Bon Jovi to tell you that Tied-Up loves you  hihi

I must admit it was unusual to not have one too. I rate the album above Bounce at this stage. The new version of LMS is growing on me.

I can't rate the albums, they all come in at #2! New Jersey is definately my fav. Born To Be My Baby is one of the best Bon Jovi songs. And I love Stick To Your Guns and Wild Is The Wind.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 07:37:35 PM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #473 on: September 20, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »

Nothinman is dead on here.

Izzy buy it dude, but it may take a few spins

I am on my 4th listen and It has really grown on me, the lyrics are Jon's best and the songs are very catchy.? Its definitely a solid 8/10

U gotta remember Gunnerdownunder VR's Contraband was a horrible CD the first listen or two but for me I am still listening to it, so sometimes it takes a little time for a CD to really grow on u and for u to connect with it.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #474 on: September 20, 2005, 11:33:50 PM »

Following are the confirmed UK Tour dates for the BON JOVI: HAVE A NICE DAY World Tour:

3 June, 2006 - Glasgow @ Hampden Park
4 June, 2006 - Manchester @ Commonwealth Stadium
7 June, 2006 - Coventry @ Ricoh Arena
9 June, 2006 - Southampton, England @ St Mary's Stadium
11 June, 2006 - London, England @ Wembley Stadium
Ticket information to follow.
UK fans - when you pick up your new copy of HAVE A NICE DAY tomorrow, check out the insert with details on how to get ace tickets...
BON JOVI were the last band to play the old Wembley Stadium before it was leveled... and BON JOVI will be the first band to pay the new Wembley Stadium.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #475 on: September 20, 2005, 11:35:16 PM »

Wed. Nov 2, 2005 in Des Moines @ Wells Fargo Arena - Tickets will go on sale Sat. Sept. 24 at 10am local via Paciolin

- Fri. Nov 4, 2005 in Chicago @ United Center - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Tue. Nov 8, 2005 in Cleveland @ Gund Arena - - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Wed. Nov 9, 2005 in Columbus @ Schottenstein Center - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Fri. Nov 11, 2005 in Minneapolis @ Target Center - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Wed. Nov 16, 2005 in Madison @ Kohl Center - Tickets will go on sale on October 3rd at 10am

- Fri. Nov 18, 2005 in Detroit @ The Palace of Auburn Hills - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Mon. Nov 28, 2005 in NYC @ Madison Square Garden - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Tues, Nov 29, 2005 in NYC @ Madison Square Garden - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Fri. Dec 2, 2005 in Philadelphia @ Wachovia Cente - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Sat, Dec 3, 2005 in Philadelphia @ Wachovia Center - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Tue. Dec 6, 2005 in Pittsburgh @ Mellon Arena - Tickets will go on sale on Sept. 24th at 10am via ticketmaster. - Fri. Dec 9, 2005 in Boston @ TD Banknorth Garden - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Mon. Dec 12, 2005 in Albany @ Pepsi Arena - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Wed. Dec 14, 2005 in Montreal @ Bell Centre - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via in-house ticketing

- Sat. Dec 17, 2005 in Washington, DC @ MCI Center - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Mon. Dec 19, 2005 in East Rutherford @ Continental Airlines Arena - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Wed, Dec 21, 2005 in East Rutherford @ Continental Airlines Arena - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via Ticketmaster

- Wed., Jan 18, 2006 in Charlotte @ Charlotte Bobcat Arena - - Tickets will go on sale Saturday, Oct. 1st at 10am via in-house ticketing

Fri., Jan 20, 2006 in Buffalo @ HSBC Arena - Tickets will go on saleon Saturday, October 1st at 9am via tickets.com

- Mon., Jan 23, 2006 in Toronto @Air Canada Centre - Tickets will go on sale on Friday, September 30th at 10m via Ticketmaster

More will be added as details are confirmed. Please be advised that fanclub ticket information will be posted on the fanclub website as details are finalized

badapple81
« Reply #476 on: September 21, 2005, 04:32:17 AM »

That is VERY COOL!

Bon Jovi were the last ever band to play at the old Wembley and will be the first at the new! Their 1995 video from Wembley is what really got me into Bon Jovi!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #477 on: September 21, 2005, 12:15:21 PM »

Following are the confirmed UK Tour dates for the BON JOVI: HAVE A NICE DAY World Tour:

3 June, 2006 - Glasgow @ Hampden Park
4 June, 2006 - Manchester @ Commonwealth Stadium
7 June, 2006 - Coventry @ Ricoh Arena
9 June, 2006 - Southampton, England @ St Mary's Stadium
11 June, 2006 - London, England @ Wembley Stadium
Ticket information to follow.
UK fans - when you pick up your new copy of HAVE A NICE DAY tomorrow, check out the insert with details on how to get ace tickets...
BON JOVI were the last band to play the old Wembley Stadium before it was leveled... and BON JOVI will be the first band to pay the new Wembley Stadium.

How many bands can sell out those places - they are fucking huge! Wembley will be able to fit 100,000 standing atleast.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #478 on: September 21, 2005, 03:11:53 PM »

did u buy it yet Izzy?

I keep tryin to tell the Tied Up's and other bon jovi haters on this board just how amazingly huge Bon Jovi are.

Sure they had a few cheese songs, You give Love A Bad Name,Bad Medicine

but if u think that is all their is to Bon Jovi u are missing out.

The lyrics on the Have A Nice Day are Jon's best easily

Very deep and introspective.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #479 on: September 21, 2005, 03:22:45 PM »

I got Have A Nice Day yesterday, and I'm quite happy with it.  Is it on the level of SWW, NJ, or KTF?  Hell no.  But its still a good album.  Last Man Standing is my favorite song off it right now.  I would've liked to hear more of Richie doin' crazy guitar stuff, but like people have mentioned, the lyrics are really good.  Not a great album, but a good one.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: