Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:26:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212148 times)
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #440 on: September 06, 2005, 12:14:55 AM »

Behold the power of cheese.? Tied Up you're just not paying attention.? You may think Jovi's lyrics are cheese (I disagree), but Richie's playing damn sure isn't cheese.

Rob:  I am paying attention.  I would probably admire richie's playing if he wasn't playing crap songs... that is my point.  You can be the best guitarist in the world, but, if you're playing a shitty song, nobody with any taste whatsoever is going to want to listen to you.

Also, this in from another board... did you know that jon bon jovi is actually satan? 
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #441 on: September 06, 2005, 02:50:05 AM »

Rob:? I am paying attention.? I would probably admire richie's playing if he wasn't playing crap songs... that is my point.? You can be the best guitarist in the world, but, if you're playing a shitty song, nobody with any taste whatsoever is going to want to listen to you.

Also, this in from another board... did you know that jon bon jovi is actually satan??

Yes, anyone who disagrees with you obviously has bad taste.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #442 on: September 06, 2005, 05:58:03 AM »

Just want D & Pop-Metal know that I've received the full-lenght versions of "I Want To Be Loved", "Bells Of Freedom" and "Welcome To Wherever You Are".

All I can say about the first one is that it just rocks. Period. Richie's talk-box is a kick in the face.

"Bells Of Freedom" is a long complaintive song, with dark lyrics, and a rough chorus. Nice guitar parts there too. The lyrical content of the song is completely different from the snippets. Completely re-written. No more He/She kind of story. It's just reflexions of a single character regarding his life going down.

The third one (the next single) has a funny U2 vibe, and some nice vocal work by Jon.

I've thought both Richie & Tico are impressive on the album.

If you want to hear them, I'd be glad to share them with you, via Msn  Wink (I don't want to put a link to official material)

Let me know ! ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #443 on: September 06, 2005, 03:57:14 PM »

Thanks dude but Im gonna wait till I buy the CD

I have my Bon Jovi Ritual and I like hearing the album from beginning to end while reading the booklet

May sound Gay but I love my Rituals and dont wanna spoil it by hearing full length songs

Bells Of Freedom is my favorite so far out of the song snippets I heard, it sounds very powerful and emotional.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #444 on: September 06, 2005, 07:29:30 PM »

Thanks dude but Im gonna wait till I buy the CD

I have my Bon Jovi Ritual and I like hearing the album from beginning to end while reading the booklet

May sound Gay but I love my Rituals and dont wanna spoil it by hearing full length songs

Bells Of Freedom is my favorite so far out of the song snippets I heard, it sounds very powerful and emotional.

D:  I just got an image in my head... and I NEVER EVER want to see the words "bon jovi" and "ritual" in the same post again.  Please.

Now... I must go do something to get this image out of my head.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #445 on: September 06, 2005, 08:46:46 PM »

Try playing in traffic blindfolded

I have heard that is a sure fire way to get any image out of your head. hihi

POPmetal
« Reply #446 on: September 07, 2005, 12:32:08 AM »

thanks estranged? I'll wait too since there's only two weeks left anyway and I like to be surprised.
POPmetal
« Reply #447 on: September 07, 2005, 12:34:42 AM »

I second that proposal  ok
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #448 on: September 07, 2005, 03:11:45 AM »

Is that the best you could come up with?

the mere fact that popmetal seconds your proposal... well... that should tell you just how lame your response was.
POPmetal
« Reply #449 on: September 07, 2005, 03:22:04 AM »

Is that the best you could come up with?

the mere fact that popmetal seconds your proposal... well... that should tell you just how lame your response was.

well, if somebody knows about lame, it should be you  Tongue
SLCPUNK
« Reply #450 on: September 07, 2005, 03:53:18 AM »

NOW ... I KNOW that D is just waiting on pins and needles for my opinion about this song...  hihi

On a scale of one to  five... I give it five pukes.  puke puke puke puke puke

And I thought that  "You Give Love A Bad Name" was cheesy.   And just like cheese... it would appear that Jon gets molder as he ages. 

That's a big hunk of cheese.

is that bon jovis recording studio?

It is actually what can happen to your brain if you listen to too much Bon Jovi!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #451 on: September 07, 2005, 03:37:50 PM »

After SLC we are gonna have the roast of Tied UP and your ass will be destroyed!

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #452 on: September 07, 2005, 05:28:26 PM »

NOW ... I KNOW that D is just waiting on pins and needles for my opinion about this song...  hihi

On a scale of one to  five... I give it five pukes.  puke puke puke puke puke

And I thought that  "You Give Love A Bad Name" was cheesy.   And just like cheese... it would appear that Jon gets molder as he ages. 

That's a big hunk of cheese.

is that bon jovis recording studio?

It is actually what can happen to your brain if you listen to too much Bon Jovi!

2 songs in a row?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #453 on: September 07, 2005, 08:40:30 PM »

Had a quick listen through the snippets of each song on the official Bon Jovi website and I must say I'm not very impressed with this new album. I thought it was supposed to be their "big return to rock" album?

Every song kinda just plods along.

I'll reserve final judgement until I've heard the album in full, but so far I'm unimpressed.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #454 on: September 10, 2005, 09:38:58 PM »

It takes hearing the whole song

I did that with Bounce and wasnt impressed but the full album was good.

So im keeping the faith.

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #455 on: September 11, 2005, 02:08:27 AM »

After SLC we are gonna have the roast of Tied UP and your ass will be destroyed!

I seriously doubt the little minds that post here could post anything that would 'destroy' me... have at it... roast away...

Cool
Evolution
« Reply #456 on: September 11, 2005, 10:59:03 AM »

Just watched Bon Jovi perform an acoustic version "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night " as part of the Katrina victims concert. My fave Jovi song ok
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #457 on: September 15, 2005, 03:27:04 PM »

Veteran rockers Bon Jovi  will back their forthcoming album, "Have a Nice Day," with a world tour that gets underway this fall in North America.The North American leg kicks off in early November, and dates are stacked up through late December. As expected, the Jersey-based band will play multiple nights at some venues in the Northeast, with two-night stands set for New York City, Philadelphia and their home state.

A trio of early 2006 dates are also booked. Details are shown below.

Additional North American stops will be announced soon, and will include shows in Dallas; Atlanta; Seattle; Portland, OR; Milwaukee; Nashville; Houston; San Jose, CA; Los Angeles; Phoenix and Las Vegas, according to a press release.

Ticket on-sale information will be announced in the coming weeks, and will be available at the tour's official website. The site is also streaming the "Have a Nice Day" title track.

The upcoming tour, Bon Jovi's first since 2003, will span the globe and will keep the group on the road throughout 2006, according to organizers.

The band's production team is "envisioning and constructing a stage production that incorporates the staging, lighting and video elements that guarantee fans the best concert experience imaginable," according to a press release.

"Have a Nice Day," Bon Jovi's follow-up to 2002's "Bounce," will land in stores Sept. 20. As previously reported the group will mark the release with a concert at New York City's new Nokia Theatre Times Square. The show, which will be the venue's inaugural event, will be simulcast live in movie theaters throughout the U.S., and will also be broadcast via the AOL Music website.

Band members Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora co-produced "Have a Nice Day" with John Shanks (Kelly Clarkson, Hilary Duff).September 2005
19 - New York, NY - Nokia Theatre Times Square

November 2005
2 - Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena
4 - Chicago, IL - United Center
8 - Cleveland, OH - Gund Arena
9 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center
11 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
16 - Madison, WI - Kohl Center
18 - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
26 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun
28, 29 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

December 2005
2, 3 - Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
6 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
9 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden
12 - Albany, NY - Pepsi Arena
14 - Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
17 - Washington, DC - MCI Center
19, 21 - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena

January 2005
18 - Charlotte, NC - Bobcat Arena
20 - Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena
23 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #458 on: September 15, 2005, 05:54:59 PM »

To listen to Complete Songs from the Have A Nice Day album go to

http://www.strippedmusic.com/sneakpeek/

U can listen to entire songs for free.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #459 on: September 15, 2005, 05:56:56 PM »

* BON JOVI LAUNCHES NEW ALBUM, HAVE A NICE DAY, AS SEPTEMBER 20th IN-STORE DATE APPROACHES !!
* LIVE BROADCAST KICKOFF FROM NOKIA THEATRE TIMES SQUARE, SEPTEMBER 19th, VIA AOL, XM, MOVIE THEATRE BIG SCREENS NATIONALLY
*Interviews and performances to follow with Oprah Winfrey, Jay Leno, ?The Today Show,? Howard Stern, Ellen DeGeneres, ?The Early Show,? and more
* Special Deluxe Limited Edition DualDisc of HAVE A NICE DAY ? IDJ?s first DualDisc ? to contain 5 live concert tracks, plus ?Have A Nice Day? video, and Bon Jovi ?EPK?

(September 14, 2005 ? New York, NY) For Bon Jovi fans around the world who have been awaiting the arrival of the band?s new album ever since the ?Have A Nice Day? single arrived at radio on July 18th, and the video premiered at AOL ?First View? a month later ? the wait will finally be over when the HAVE A NICE DAY album arrives in stores next Tuesday, September 20th.

Sweetening the pot will be a special deluxe limited edition Dual Disc configuration of HAVE A NICE DAY, the first Dual Disc ever issued by the Island Def Jam Music Group. The two-layer (CD and DVD) Dual Disc technology will feature the entire album in High Resolution 5.1 Surround Sound stereo on the CD layer. The DVD layer will contain five songs in-concert from Bon Jovi?s home state of New Jersey, in 2004; as well as the ?Have A Nice Day? video clip, and an EPK that takes you behind the scenes.

Island recording group Bon Jovi, who performed on last night?s World Music Awards and received the Diamond Award for sales of more than 100 million albums ? are beginning a month-long campaign of television and Internet events in support of the new album. The campaign is the prelude to Bon Jovi?s eagerly anticipated return to the road, when their HAVE A NICE DAY World Tour officially kicks off in the U.S. this November.

The full promotional schedule includes the following Bon Jovi appearances and events: the Clear Channel Online music and radio ?Sneak Peek?; CMT Crossroads concert (with Sugar?land); Network Live broadcast from the Nokia Theatre Times Square in New York City; ?The Oprah Winfrey Show? performance and interview; ?The Howard Stern Show? on-air perform?ance and interview; ?The Tonight Show? with Jay Leno interview and performance; ?The Today Show? live on the Plaza performance and interview; ?The Ellen DeGeneres Show? performance andinterview; ?The CBS Early Show? performance and interview; and ?AOL Sessions? performance and interview.

Next Monday, September 19th, fans are invited to watch the ?Bon Jovi HAVE A NICE DAY Launch? on ?big screens? at movie theatres across the country. For ticket information, please go to the BigScreenConcerts.com website. The entire concert will also be airing on AOL, and XM channels 200 and 41.

HAVE A NICE DAY is Bon Jovi?s ninth album of original studio material. The complete song listing for the album is as follows: ?Have A Nice Day,? ?I Want Be Loved,? ?Welcome To Wherever You Are,? ?Who Says You Can?t Go Home,? ?Last Man Standing,? ?Bells Of Freedom,? ?Wildflower,? ?Last Cigarette,? ?I Am,? ?Compli?cated,? ?Novocaine,? and ?Story Of My Life.? The video for ?Have A Nice Day? may be viewed at the Bon Jovi website, www. bonjovi.com where fans can also listen to the full-length version of ?Last Man Standing? prior to next week?s release; and find information on purchasing the ?Have A Nice Day? download, as well as Realtone for cell phones, and other news and surprises.

HAVE A NICE DAY is Bon Jovi?s first album of new material since 2002?s Bounce. In 2003, the band released This Left Feels Right, an acoustic/eclectic reworking of their biggest hits. The band?s most recent release was November 2004?s 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can?t Be Wrong? career-spanning deluxe 5-disc box set (4 CDs plus bonus DVD), comprised almost entirely of never-before-released materials culled from the band?s extensive archives.

The first batch of dates for the upcoming HAVE A NICE DAY World Tour has been announced. Please visit the TOUR section of www.bonjovi.com and http:bonjovi.aeglive.com for more information.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: